Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1 End Date

Marcooose

Gerade eben schrieb Prallez:

Yeah, don't understand why there should be a gap between Series 1 and Series 2, in my opinion they can just let Series 1 stay so people can rank up their last tiers instead of having a gap between Series.

Yea that is true, the problem is basically I am not even sure if i should spend the time to get the missions done to only be like rank 6 when it ends... because basically every reward under level 20 is kinda useless for me 

2 minutes ago, Shad0wStoRmX said:

Yea that is true, the problem is basically I am not even sure if i should spend the time to get the missions done to only be like rank 6 when it ends... because basically every reward under level 20 is kinda useless for me 

If you think they're useless then don't do the missions, you either way won't be able getting to Tier 30 if they remove it this Sunday, or extend it by a few weeks instead of the gap. Hope you can get the rewards somehow in Series 2 🙂 

As I said earlier I don't see a problem with keeping Series 1 instead of having a gap though.

On 2019-05-14 at 2:27 PM, (PS4)Yderil said:

I still haven't finished the whole star chart yet and haven't done the War within yet, but am MR 9 now and only play solo.

During Nightwave I unlocked Orb Vallis and learnt how to mine, fish and capture animals (standing is not high so limited as to what I can catch but as had Loki was able to so P10 Perfect Captures, still not figured out the rare fish yet), unlocked (and do) the Clem weekly.quest and unlocked Sanctuary Onslaught (so glad that act is not all in one go and that you can do a couple of rounds twice to get it marked off, especially when I was figuring it out and could only get past round 1 the first week)

I was able to do all the daily acts. Weeklies and Elites were hit and miss.
Weeklies could always do ~4 of them - things like Sorties, Gilding Modular items, struggled with bounties and invasions and skipped some of the 10 syndicate missions (often because I had a set a goal of unlocking X and that would be too much time away from that) and never managed the 8 rare mods (possibly need to unlock higher star chart for that).

With the Elites could only do the Unlock 10 relics, Kill 1500 Enemies and Kill 100 Eximus.

Last night with the new acts I hit Rank 28 - just got the Syndana.
Now that they are extending it to Sunday I should be able to get the Umbra Forma (although bit like the Arcane I may need to wait until I finish other things to work out/unlock how to use these) with the extra daily acts, plus have more time to do the  3 caches in sabotage act and maybe look more at the rare fish
If I spend time farming fugitives may even make it to 30, but probably not.

Spent wolf creds on the 2 missing pieces of Vauban, 3 or 4 aura mods (had never seen an alert for these in the weeks I had played before nightwave, didn't know they existed), 1 orokin reactor and the rest on Nitain (if I did see alerts for this probably didn't know what it was and ignored them)

Also got the extra 10 nitain as was able to solo the first Wolf Alert this weekend, and managed to farm the wolf sledge hammer.

For me Nightwave is a positive as a new(ish) player, I get to see all the rewards and decide what I want rather than have to have the rng of an alert popping up for something I want when I am on and in a planet system I have already unlocked - I only got the 2 weapon skins from the last Gift of the Lotus alerts because I haven't unlocked Eris yet so didn't see that alert only knew about it due to the news article.

Ah yes that is understandable.

To be clear, I'm not against the concept of Nightwave or think its even bad.. its pretty good.. enjoyable. I just feel that even with your own testimony, I feel that it could be made far easier on newbies and less of a grind. Some people like having objectives to shape their gameplay.. Others prefer to do random stuff that can be done without much focus or concentration.. to unwind after a long day..  I know people like to flex on the forums or internet in general but personally speaking, but I tried out the system from Mr1 (which is what youre by the time you finish the tutorial) till MR5 and its impossible to even do things like kill 150 enemies with corrosive damage because you dont have toxin+electric mods that early on. Nor the potential to get potatoes to fit them on anyways.. unless you spend plat and I dont count spending plat as a way of progression.

And I think Nightwave is in no way an endgame or even mid game event.. It doesnt need a "challenge".. it needs to be more accessible than it already is. 

Gerade eben schrieb Prallez:

If you think they're useless then don't do the missions 😛
But yeah, I don't think they will extend it by like 2 months for a few people being able to get to Tier 30, I don't see a problem with keeping Series 1 though instead of having a gap.

Yea that is true^^

On 2019-05-14 at 1:31 PM, LupisV0lk said:

Hence why with both camps i've given Warframe a hard pass for most of this season. *aside from actual content drops*

That seems extreeme. I actually finished the whole thing by the 7th week. If you averaged around 2 ranks up a week you'd do it before the end of the event.

1 hour ago, Arkennstar said:

Ah yes that is understandable.

To be clear, I'm not against the concept of Nightwave or think its even bad.. its pretty good.. enjoyable. I just feel that even with your own testimony, I feel that it could be made far easier on newbies and less of a grind. Some people like having objectives to shape their gameplay.. Others prefer to do random stuff that can be done without much focus or concentration.. to unwind after a long day..  I know people like to flex on the forums or internet in general but personally speaking, but I tried out the system from Mr1 (which is what youre by the time you finish the tutorial) till MR5 and its impossible to even do things like kill 150 enemies with corrosive damage because you dont have toxin+electric mods that early on. Nor the potential to get potatoes to fit them on anyways.. unless you spend plat and I dont count spending plat as a way of progression.

And I think Nightwave is in no way an endgame or even mid game event.. It doesn't need a "challenge".. it needs to be more accessible than it already is. 

I agree they need to be careful with the dailies and how they distribute them so that at least a brand new player can do one out every 3 days - can imagine getting 3 or 4 dailies in a row you cannot do would be dis-spiriting.

The advantage (and kind of the thing that causes as may problems) of Nightwave is its transparency. The items available to earn from ranking or creds are shown and with the creds once earned you decide what rewards you get with them.
The acts shine a light to a degree on all the activities available in the game,.

Unfortunately they only sign-post the activities but don't guide you on how to do them

From a new(ish) player perspective it would just be a nice if they could provide information in game on how to achieve each nightwave act, rather than relying on the player looking it up online or asking other players. Possibly even listing in the codex all the nightwave acts but as a single item (1 perfect capture, kill an enemy with cold damage etc) with the information on any prerequisites (a bit like the junction quests)

eq 1 perfect Capture on Orb Vallis

• Gain 1000 rep with Solaris
  • buying tranq gun and echo lure from the Business,
  • (optional) unlock Orb Vallis free roam
  • Complete a capture mission
  • Complete a perfect capture (a perfect capture is when the creature doesn't sense you, stand down wind check plants/snow for wind direction or use stealth)

so that is where the information is held on how to unlock and do it and the when you achieve them they can be marked off on the codex as completed (ok so I am a person how like to tick things off lists). As they are removing the with Friend acts these could be solo only nightwave achievements in the codex.

This would give them a framework to help teach the players about the game, and also on-going linking the codex and Nightwave as ways of integrating new content/activities

7 hours ago, chaotea said:

That seems extreeme. I actually finished the whole thing by the 7th week. If you averaged around 2 ranks up a week you'd do it before the end of the event.

Well i was burnt out, NW game me literally nothing new to do and everything would have been a chore and made me even less likely to come back.

Hopefully we will get a polished version in episode 2 , less grind more fun and challenging . The rewards must worth the time and effort cause after all it is an activity that personalize the free to play model that Warframe known of its fair well rounded version of .

This is the most disgusting case of FOMO I've ever seen in Warframe. I was too late to NIghtwave (thanks to burnout from Profit Taker grind, toroids grind, not getting my toroids because of elevator bug, support telling me that I'm not getting anything for my wasted time and, on top of all of that, miserable performance in Fartuna that made me uninstall Warframe until I buy a new PC) so my progress will stop right before first actually worthy reward. I really hope next series at least won't have Nora in it. 👎

One fact everyone should know is that new players join CONTINUOUSLY. Simply decreasing the difficulty or amount of time required does no help for a player joining during the last few weeks of nightwave, and more frustrating feelings would come along.

Just two points, I don't know if the devs already come out with any of these(would be grateful):

1.Since a catch-up function will be added, why not just stretch it further and make awards from previous series accessible(after reaching lv30 in the present series)? This would send a good message to all new players - as long as you try hard enough to catch up you'll eventually get all nightwave awards everyone else already own.

2.PLEASE DO bring the old alert system back during the downtime. It would be great if downtimes keep exisitng between future series and bring the old alert system back shortly. There's one particular reason: the alert weapons. 8 out of 9 can't even be purchased from store, and each one costs 50 nightwave credits, meaning you have to give up 16.67 Nitain Extracts or 2.5 Aura mods for each. It would be good if you already gain, like, 70% or 80% of them, and don't feel like sitting in front of the screen waiting for alerts all the time, but for new players that's definitly horrible. Gaining 50 credits costs merely a week, and I don't think you won't come into any of these weapon alerts during time cost doing nightwave weeklies, not to say you won't be able to get nitains, helms, auras, anything, just a weapon. But with a downtime giving easier access to players not owning any expensive nightwave shop items, The whole nightwave system would be friendly and helpful.

Personally, operator only could be interesting but K-drive just isn't happening here, awful execution, it's like 50 shades of boring

Concern for me is yet again new players are still getting screwed over overlooked.

Don't have the rep/quest completion/focus/amp/board you need, then you better just sit this nightwave out new guys.

Shouldn't be the Message to send new players imo.

At least with alerts new players could join to get rewards.

On 2019-05-14 at 2:16 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

There will be a gap of time between the end of Series 1 and the start of Nightwave Series 2.

I sincerely hope that during this gap DE will forget about Nightwave, as they do in regards with any previous content, and the gap will be infinite. Or, at least, the Solar Rails will return before the Nightwave.

1 hour ago, Silarin said:

Don't have the rep/quest completion/focus/amp/board you need, then you better just sit this nightwave out new guys.

That's what I don't get. You could blast through to finish The War Within in like a weekend. I don't think quest completion is really barring people from a whole season. You could also grab the most basic kitguns/amps at tier 1, so that's not really a problem either. The only challenges new players couldn't do were the orbs and eidolons, and the latter is debatable (and the 60 min survivals, but that's getting fixed in S2).

Hmm I did like the Nightwave at the beginning while it was still new and I did not really see yet how much the nightwaves would drain all my fun out of the game.

It was fun at first like do this mission and this and this within this limited amount of time, after some time I just wanted to do some other stuff for the time because I felt like that was more fun but if I did I would get punished for not following those Nightwave rules and miss out on wolf cred and levels. 

Example: I wanted to play survival with friends on day 1 we did a few hours survival, nightwave mission do multiple spy and mobile def. After a few days I wanted to do those missions and nightwave was like: nope do that survival for a hour or your screwed even though I was not in the mood for it, we did it though but after 6 weeks we all burned out and dropped nightwave all together it is just not that fun, it limits our options instead of showing us a menu like do: 30 minutes survival today or; 20 waves defense, or 5 exterminate missions or something like that (choose one). Obviously it needs to be fair compared to each mission but give us more options for those daily / weeklys. The current nightwave system does not feel perfect yet to me, wich is fine, it needs work over time.

I know fully well this is new and everything new is not perfect, it needs a little more work to become a bit more fun, at least in my opinion. Currently I feel as if it consumes too much time at least for me (I'm aware some people have lots of time but I can be happy if I can enjoy gaming for 10 hours weekly) witch leaves me with barely/no time for the things/gamemodes I enjoy if Nightwave just so happens to demand other requirements.

On 2019-05-13 at 2:22 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Yay!

But will the challenges about formas and gilding still be a thing? I assume yes since there was no mention of them in the Dev Workshop. But please, despite being ok with mostly every challenge season 1 had to offer, I find those 2 to be the most cumbersome of all.

They are extremely punishing for those who do not have gear to forma and gild, and put pressure on players without any need, when compared to other challenges.

Yeah for real man, I just completely skip them. I dont think using up our resources should be considered a "challenge"  Its more like forcing us to waste them, in all honesty.

Archived