Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

2 hours ago, KhaosReign420 said:

once you're done the main story line... its patrols, heroic missions or strike missions... and as far as i know you have to pay for access to anything that wasnt already available during the leveling process.(annual pass) and unless they release this season of opulence as free then it'll just be another charge. i guess you need to elaborate on this "research" because i havent played in a few weeks but thats what chased me away.... with a game i already paid full price for... their idea of "expansions" is laughable and definitely not worth the money they are holding their hands out for. i would be much more willing to give warframe and DE money if they came out with new content. which... they do.... and they dont hold their hands out unless you want it now instead of grinding for it... sooo... yeah...

Great argument that boils down to "i find expansions laughable".

There's no war you stooge. The two games appeal to two totally different audiences with Destiny being an FPS with competitive offerings and Warframe being...Warframe. Besides, Destiny is the better game now. They are free of the oppressive Activision and can now make the game they want and thanks to that, cross-saving and cross-play are now possible. That alone makes it a much better game than Warframe and when the day finally comes that you grow tired of the pathetic PS4 and want to move to PC, you too will be pissed that you can't transfer your save. Consoles are finite and without the ability to transfer saves, it is stupid and pointless to even play the game on console, where the performance of the game suffers greatly. I have learned that the devs have no interest supporting cross-saving and it is both sad and pathetic because I'm not putting in another 1000+ hours and grinding for all those primes again JUST because I decided to grow up and stop playing on a kid's console. I'll be enjoying Destiny 2 until Borderlands 3 comes out.

Edited by (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle
  • Like 2

Activision/Blizzard, do-you-not-have-phones, Entertainment should be easy competition for DE.

DE has been amazing since I came here after the Blizzcon 2018 fiasco. I have been nothing but impressed. I have even given DE the price of AAA game + Expansion. They really deserve it... especially compared to Blizzard. My childhood game company has been ruined by Kotick et al. (and he looks and reads like expletives and vulgarity from his wikipedia page!).

EDIT: I can't spell Activision right.... Oh yeah, I sure hope DE doesn't get bought out.

Edited by nslay

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

It being free to play doesn't make the base games end-game soul suckingly awful

Also, Warframe seems to have been envisioned from the heart of gaming enthusiasts. It looks like they have been trying to get the game out in its current form since 2000! That's some dedication man! And it shows in the game!

55 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Great argument that boils down to "i find expansions laughable".

thats an over simplification of what i said. you chose to isolate the middle of the statement and twist it to your own use. i said "with a game i already paid full price for... their idea of "expansions" is laughable and definitely not worth the money they are holding their hands out for."  you are refusing to acknowledge the point. CONTENT. when the "expansions" are laughably small in terms of what is "new" yeah its not exactly something to get excited about let alone consider it an expansion.... and then charging money for them is just.... deplorable.

Edited by KhaosReign420
edited because i dislike when people quote the middle out of a statement to make it sound different, rather thank acknowledging the point that is being made.

13 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

Do some research.

I have and you dont even have to do any research to understand that regarding a game with payed expansions.

Without expansions you wont get endgame. You may get what used to be endgame, but that isnt endgame anymore. That former endgame is now at best a middle of progression activity.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-07 at 4:37 AM, Loza03 said:

There is actually a reason for this slow speed, albeit an extremely confusing one.

For whatever reason, the engine Bungie uses takes vast amounts of time to update changes in-house, in hours for even small changes at least last time I heard. I'm not sure if they've managed to fix that by now, but considering that this was a problem carried over to 2 from 1, that's questionable.

That in turns means Activisions was probably crunching the everloving hell out of Bungie to get stuff out on time. 

Was this engine a colossal mistake? Probably, yes. Does the fact they kept it between games boggle the mind? Does mine. Does it explain slow content releases? Also yes.

Yes. Bungie's in-house self built engine "The Tiger Engine"

Which was NOT good to use for Destiny but Bungie to quote an ex employee to Jason Schrier: "Was too proud & stubborn to use a better engine despite the tools Activision provided them."

To be fair, now that they aren't with Activision, it's good that they aren't using an Activision engine. However, the Tiger Engine is STILL bad & I believe it's what was used to make all the old Halo games.

Bungie should have gone with Unreal Engine 4 impo...but oh well.

Yeah. Activision did crunch Bungie. Just like how EA crunched Bioware after waiting patiently for 6 years.

I hate defending Activision but they had every right to make Bungie uphold their side of the investment.

Bungie with D2 claimed to be using a new engine so development would be easier.

But ultimately they made tweaks to the Tiger engine (to cut costs...) & well D1 all over again.

Ugh...I want to see Destiny succeed but my god...Bungie loves shooting it's own feet off.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Which was NOT good to use for Destiny but Bungie to quote an ex employee to Jason Schrier: "Was too proud & stubborn to use a better engine despite the tools Activision provided them."

To be fair, now that they aren't with Activision, it's good that they aren't using an Activision engine. However, the Tiger Engine is STILL bad & I believe it's what was used to make all the old Halo games.

Yeah. Activision did crunch Bungie. Just like how EA crunched Bioware after waiting patiently for 6 years.

I hate defending Activision but they had every right to make Bungie uphold their side of the investment.

But ultimately they made tweaks to the Tiger engine (to cut costs...) & well D1 all over again.

Ugh...I want to see Destiny succeed but my god...Bungie loves shooting it's own feet off.

Indeed. The engine's an explanation, not a defence.

OH FFS. Is this debate not over yet? Destiny was always closer to HALO in it's spirit and gameplay. Stop acting like you are fighting for anything. People who like Warframe will play Warframe, people who like D2 will play D2, people who like both, like me, will play both. End of the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soldier1312 said:

OH FFS. Is this debate not over yet? Destiny was always closer to HALO in it's spirit and gameplay. Stop acting like you are fighting for anything. People who like Warframe will play Warframe, people who like D2 will play D2, people who like both, like me, will play both. End of the story.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cfbd6d837642e5267

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

They should go with evolution engine instead, so many eye cancer yet doesn't eat your computer away

23 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Can I get a source? I searched and couldn't find anything about Bungie being "too stuborn even when provided tools" or claiming they were using a new engine. I'm willing to believe it, but I want a source to send to a friend.

10 minutes ago, Plurix said:

I will defo jump ships, the delays and lack of information from Digital extreme is tiresome. Can't wait for it to arrive.

You don't get any new content if you don't pay money though, it's like railjack and the new war won't be available to you until you pay $20 DLC for one new content (either railjack or the new war)