Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

51 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Funny how that acknowledgement only came AFTER people complained that not only was there nothing to do, but we couldn't even access the alert rewards [like nitain] till they finally gave us the next Nightwave.

Notice how the final reward is the leaked Ephemera and they even state it will not be available only there [like it was just thrown in there to have a good final reward].

I mean, you're right, it hasn't been handled the best but I will happily take the opportunity to get nitain again, (along with some bonus rewards in the process) then be completely dry of content for the next few weeks. I'm more satisfied with an acknowledgment of poor preperation and somewhat of a remedy for it than to have nothing at all.

Sure the eidolon ephemera is getting dropped here, but as someone who's not a fan of eidolon hunting (of which I'm fairly sure will just be added to the drop table or something) I'll take it. Heck, maybe veterans are a bit mad that newbies will have the opportunity to get a potentially rare ephemera but I say so what? Not like it'll be exclusive in the future anyway.

This sounds like all good changes. I really liked Nightwave and conceptually I thought it was a neat idea. It brings some life into the game world; there are people doing actual things instead of "go here and kill bad guys for...reasons". I especially appreciate having the friends requirements dropped. It can be really hard to gather my gaming friends together, and many of them don't even play Warframe. I was able to get the final armor reward and I didn't have to complete all the weekly quests each week, but psychologically I understand where many players were coming from feeling forced to play to get all the rewards. It was mentioned that you only had to complete about 60% of the quests to get everything, but seeing timers can really freak people out especially in an activity that most people use to relax. It just goes to show what powerful motivators game activities like these are. You have great power Digital Extremes. Use it for good. 😄

3 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

Because it is not  season 2 but somethink betwen s1 and s2 to give players possibility to get wf helmets and nitain 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Oh what a surprise... nightwave 2 is actually delayed and not ready like it was suggested...

DE you seriously need to get a grip on the time management and 'estimates' of releases.

Would you prefer they pull an EA or Activision and release it when it's clearly not ready? Or put unnecessary pressure and "crunch" on the developers to get it done faster?

You're the one who needs to get a grip!

Suggestion:

Replace "3 Orokin Cells" with "1 Orokin Cell Blueprint".

While to some, like myself, this won't be much of an addition (I already have quite a few of those blueprints), this would at least give the option to those that want it. Though would also suggest tweaks to the cost when making an Orokin Cell as, in all honesty, they are far greater than what they should be.

Interesting to say the least, I'm assuming the 3 orokin cells is a typo. As for the ephermea.. I was under the illusion it was going to be rewarded for a players proficiency in capturing eidolons / number of successful eidolon captures (at the very least related to the eidolons).

This now appears to of been thrown in as filler content to keep things ticking over which is a shame. 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Would you prefer they pull an EA or Activision and release it when it's clearly not ready? Or put unnecessary pressure and "crunch" on the developers to get it done faster?

You're the one who needs to get a grip!

Why do I need to get a grip, I know how to estimate my time required when I do my work and don't make out that it's done when it's not. 

Considering how long they've been doing warframe for they should be able to give a better internal estimate for when something will be ready so as not to require an 'intermission' nightwave because they were late finishing nightwave 2... and they wouldn't be putting this out if nightwave 2 was finished now would they.

Remember DE have basically been saying it was ready since nightwave 1 finished and that the 'delay' between nightwave 1 and nightwave 2 was a 'bit of pause' and sync between platforms. 

Oh and for the 'crunch' they always seem to end up in... they could always hire some more staff rather than running with a small team, which people keep seeming to mention...

edit: as to comparing with EA/activision and buggy releases... DE does release stuff with plenty of bugs, even after declaring it's 'ready for release'..

39 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Why do I need to get a grip, I know how to estimate my time required when I do my work and don't make out that it's done when it's not. 

Considering how long they've been doing warframe for they should be able to give a better internal estimate for when something will be ready so as not to require an 'intermission' nightwave because they were late finishing nightwave 2... and they wouldn't be putting this out if nightwave 2 was finished now would they.

Remember DE have basically been saying it was ready since nightwave 1 finished and that the 'delay' between nightwave 1 and nightwave 2 was a 'bit of pause' and sync between platforms. 

Do you actually work at DE? Do you have firsthand experience with their work process? If you do, very well. If you don't, be quiet!

It's clear they are spread thin right now, what with work towards Railjack, getting the console versions of the Jovian Concord into CERT on top of preparations for Tennocon next month. Expecting them to do all that and get Nightwave Season 2 synched on all platforms is flat out unreasonable. Be thankful they even added this intermission season so we're not all sitting around with our thumbs up our butts.

i have a friend who just started playing. he needs nitain. this is a welcome change. it doesn't need to be viable for endgame content, all it needs to do is allow us to continue to get alert only resources. thanks DE.

Archived