Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

Ok, this is great, something to hold off on until you guys can get nightwave 2 up and running. Solid idea. To everyone getting mad, this isn't actually nightwave 2. They're not finished with it. Get over yourselves. They at least acknowledge that players are unable to access certain important materials/items so they're doing a mini season. That being said, I do have a big issue with one thing y'all are doing...

Why in the world is the eidolon ephemera here??? There's absolutely no reason for it to be included in this, let alone during a mini season! It was constantly said throughout multiple streams that the eidolon ephemera was going to be 100% achievement based since they're supposed to feel prestigious to own and everyone was so mad about the rng of the other ephemeras. Completing a mini season of easy mindless challenges that most players can complete on their own isn't an achievement. You could probably even get through the whole thing without even attempting to do the eidolon challenges that might pop up. How does that make sense to y'all????? Please throw something else in there, like maybe the umbral forma that a lot of people missed out on during season 1. It's a sought-after enough item to make people want to grind for it. Make people work for unique items for once. I bet a good handful people who would get it wouldn't even know what an eidolon is. I'm all for being inclusive but don't just go back on your word like that.

9 hours ago, ArcioShiranai said:

what a useless rewards

use your eyes.  
Gamma Colour Palette, Ton of Kuva, Catalysts and Reactors, Forma, Aura Forma, NEW Ephemera and all the things you can purchase with the creds. All with the grind being significantly easier than before, so id say the rewards are appropriate and absolutely not useless.

36 minutes ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Okay, we all need to have a little chit-chat here...

Has it really never occurred to you guys to lock 'endgamey' cosmetics behind something that ISN'T a paywall? The sick looking Prime cosmetic armors, syandanas, and even certain sigils locked behind the whole "Buy this if you want it!" is one thing. I've played for years and I can swallow that pill. My account is by no means a F2P account; but it's when I get a 75% coupon and buy something for super cheap that I've spent money, mostly to support a game I love since I can make the plat I receive just as quickly as sliding my credit card. But everything I have in this game I have earned. I was not carried. I was not taxi'd. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying by golly I actually worked my way through this game by myself (with help, constructive criticism, and feedback from the community of course). If I didn't want to grind for this thing, I grinded that thing for plat for buy this thing. I grinded and grinded and grinded and grinded for it all.

This game is supposed to be a cooperative-based, third-person shooter with RPG elements, right? You're supposed to earn things. You're supposed to be not able to earn certain things if you can't clear the appropriate content or get the corresponding achievement (in other similar games, I imagine. Achievements here are a joke but that's a rant for another day). I was hoping beyond hope that you would do right by us players (whether endgame or beginning game) for once that want to earn exclusive cosmetics so that people know we're badasses and skilled. I was hoping there would be some sort of, "HA! I have the achievement and you don't!" moment, finally, when the Eidolon Ephemera was talked about and leaked. And now I will see people that have less than 10 Hydrolyst caps sporting the same Eidolon Ephemera as someone with 800+ Hydrolyst captures. Should those with less than 10 Harry caps not be entitled to have the same ephemera earned by those with 400, 500, 600+ Harry caps? In my humble opinion... you're damn right they shouldn't!

Who are the people that actually believe this type of reward system is good for the longevity of the game? This is NOT what is going to have players coming back for more, and it's not going to keep players around longer. This is one of the major factors that are keeping them or driving them away: For being as dedicated as they are/have been to this game, the only rewards a person can actually earn and flaunt in-game requires your wallet, not your skill or perseverance; every single in-game reward you can earn is grindable (anyone can get it with little effort, just a varying amount of repetitive actions) not earnable (you can only earn the thing if you meet the requirements, have completed an arduous or grueling task). This is either backwards thinking, or thinking with your grofit.

So come, White Knights of Warframe. Go ahead and justify the crap out of this. Show those of us in the community that want to feel accomplished in a game we spend HOURS in just what you think of us. I need a good laugh after this nonsense of an announcement.

chill with the gate keeping

So many people complaining >_> why dont you all just never open the nightwave interface and you dont have to deal with the rewards then if they're not good enough for you.

Only problem i have is that the extractor UI is probably going to break again now (so you have to zoom in and out on some planets several times before the extractor shows up) just like with season 1... it worked before nightwave and it worked fine in this break...

I can't help but it find hilarious yet annoying as hell that people were complaining that they couldn't get auras and nitain and such. Yet now that they *can* they're complaining because the accompanying rewards that people weren't exactly concerned about are "weak." I honestly don't get how people expected more; you guys (DE) have so much stuff in the works that it would take a while to think up unique rewards that fit with a story, then start sculpting/rendering/modeling/whatever is needed to make a character model. And then the VA's and such who do an amazing job? Sure, Nora is cryptic, but holy damn the voice suits her. I do agree that the need to complete all the current weekly acts to catch up is a tad annoying, but I'm fine with it. I know you guys (DE again) are hard at work creating new content for us, and preparing for Tennocon and all that. So to be honest I'm actually grateful for this little intermission. I've been needing a reason to get back into Warframe, and the Gamma Pallet/Rift Sigil/Eidolon Ephemera are the perfect reasons to. So... thanks, DE. And good luck with all your projects.

EDIT: After reading some comments on the page, I've poured over... I believe 500 hours into Warframe on PS4? If anyone wants to they can fact check it. And I've completely restarted on PC and I've got 313 in-mission hours on it. So... yeah. Jus to make sure it's known.

Idea for new Sonic weapons & ammo, similar to kinetic damage from destiny they should be interesting as some astun guns there.can be some 3d mods and artifacts and random enemies who appear in other planets and missions during and after nightwave, it can be animals and loot,to aquire special effects on defense and danage. The flame thrower s could have some crouching modes, mod should activate them until a final decision is imme5seee, Nora should have a merchant who co-host or rebel with her to do the announcements who's flashing a gun or a exo. Other fundamentals for building and reusing idd items at the foundry soon?🐸I like the idea of a quartet of nightwave navigators offering other interruptions, guarantee, bonus relay and wip warframes from the fam,🦁🦁🦁🦁

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Having realistic expectations and calling people out for being unreasonable isn't a "drone mentality".

Delays and setbacks happen. I'm sure DE really wanted to get this stuff into our hands as soon as possible. But they more than likely underestimated their workload. I'm perfectly fine with waiting though and at least this Intermission season is better than nothing.

You, on the other hand, would much rather they cobble stuff together and push it out ASAP with the intention of fixing it later. Because that worked soooooooooooo well for Anthem and Fallout 76, didn't it? /smfh

Wow, if you got THAT from what i said, you were never taught reading comprehension.

Are you new here that you don't seem to get how DE does these things and why it's wrong?

Some rewards should be added but kept mysterious like a scratch ticket or a loot box so there is a good chance players get excited over randomized rewards. Pairing up each reward on that list with a blender or crystal, PvP exclusives would make sense if u also accounted enemy weapons and planets or other alien games, cross events, like to glympse a dropship of taken or predators, turrets and granades ripping up the grass, not enough robotics or layseeed compared to the amount of rewards and missions,there should be masseffective thinking pirates our game enemies need strengthening visuals winds or some atmospheric add-ons radar should be blocked randomly near combat areas by EMP and some enemy technology, mods and enemies modified by pickups and NEARBY resources.🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈

4 hours ago, carorinuu said:

But they are, getting anything other than that is just a matter of time if you works towards it and people already have arsenal fully leveled so cosmetics are the only thing they can get really 

Depending on the platform, your version of "endgame" i.e. fashionframe, can be called locked behind a paywall, because there is no way to get those sweet lil Prime armor accessories and syandanas other than opening up your wallet. On PC, TennoGen skins and alt helmets are made acquireable with cash, whereas on PS4 and XB1 if I'm not mistaken, can be purchased with plat. You have a fully decked out arsenal and stuff? Got everything else fully leveled? Time to go to fashionframe endgame, right?! Let me just grab my credit card....

People that think this way are Enablers in the purest form.

Meh, neat to have SOMETHING, but would still preffer to have the Alerts system in the downtime between Seasons, give players the best of both worlds, as for the rewards, only thing I care about in there is the 20k Kuva, hate the Kuva missions since 90% of the time I either cant see the clouds because of random glitchiness, or the dreaded host migration fun & besides, I really loathe operator mode, so this for an alternative to get my Garuda crafted & a few rivens tweaked, im all over.

Now the next dreaded question, is the Wolf making a return for this intermission? another boss or enemy? or just the system of Nightflush/wave of doing random pointless carrot chasing for expiring Carnival/Arcade tickets or Disney dollars.

how pissed are people that had wolf credits at the end unspent & now a whole new thing arrives where they couldve just extended the event till season 2 was ready & put in new reward tiers when it was wholly evident that leaving the playerbase aimless & directionless was a bad idea?

Oh and last thing, has nightwave really improved anything? cause it seems like its caused more confusion, anger & burnout than alerts ever did & its not like we really got a story, the system didnt run well on autopilot as per all the tweaks y'all had yo make & will continue to have to make.

Seems more like ya shouldve worked with what ya had & made it better rather than start from the ground up with a Bad Idea ganked from other games.

But thats why im not a game developer, anyway, good luck folks hope the lemon juice & salty tears dont get too far into the various wounds & sores Nightwave has inflicted.

11 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

And on top of that they're giving out Aura Forma which you can farm in-game instead of an Umbral Forma.

11 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

As they said this is an intermission. Sounds like they are still trying to finalize the second season so this is to give newer players access to things like nitain, auras, and blueprints that arent found in other places while they figure things out

1 hour ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Can you elaborate or.... nah? Honestly that doesn't mean a thing to me.

by gate keeping i mean that you're basically saying "it's unfair that players that arent elite enough get to have the Eidolon ephemera, it want it to only be for players that have beaten Tridolons hundreds of times!!!" it's basically an entitled statement, not everyone has the time to farm Tridolons that much and a very major, consistent complain about Ephemera has been how obnoxiously random it is to acquire most of them.

The reason I say Cosmetics aren't endgame is because you can get cosmetics right off the bat as soon as you make an account, plus cosmetics don't give you a performance boost while mods,rivens,weapons and warframes can give you a performance boost. Sure there are people looking forward to getting those cosmetics but not EVERYONE is wanting cosmetics for endgame. So I stick by my opinion.

I get there are a ton of age differences and personalities involved with this forum but the level of whining...call it what it is, whining...is just dumb. You're getting an unexpected something to achieve while waiting for the bigger something to achieve. If you don't like it then don't achieve it and play the hundred other things and achieve those rewards. Have those too? Great, then go outside and see the sun, it misses you.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • 100 Nora Creds
  • 2000 Endo
  • Robotic Slots
  • 3 Orokin Cells
  • Gamma Color Picker
  • 50 Nora Creds
  • 10K Kuva
  • Rift Sigil
  • 3 Forma Bundle
  • Orokin Reactor
  • 50 Nora Creds
  • 10K Kuva
  • Orokin Catalyst
  • Aura Forma
  • EIDOLON EPHEMERA (not exclusive to this rewards table)

not to shabby at all. Thanks so much guys 🙂 Excited to see tennocon

13 hours ago, ChipsLight said:

You do know that the reason Tennogen content is paid with real world money rather than plat is so that the artist can actually get paid for the work they submitted, right ? So how the hell are they gonna be paid then if Nightwave gets exclusive Tennogen items ? And no, I don't think DE has enough money to pay a check to freelancers for putting Tennogen items in Nightwave.

Except for Consoles, who buy their TennoGen with plat...

The reward pool is ok there is only 2 problems with it.

1)3 Orokin Cells you can farm more than 3 in the time to get 1 rank.

2)Gamma Color Picker and Rift Sigil. What will happen if someone already have them?

there is also 2 weekly that problematic forma 3 weapon and guilt a weapon.3 profit taker is also a problem but ill overlook it since it labeled elite.

New player want to use forma to built new weapon so you're forcing them to pick between upgrade gear or make new gear and old player that formed everything they need to find more things to forma. There is also players that built forma on a need only bases so it wil take 3 days for them to complete it min.

A similar problem plague the guild a weapon weekly. new players might not be high enough rank to do it or do not have the resources to make one or have been slowly saving up for a better one or want to 1st max their standing before making a weapon. While older player already have a optimized one and is just wasting time to make more after already owning the best amps/zaw and kitguns

11 hours ago, Xtra_Step said:

Let's be honest: Gamma palette, Rift Sigil and Eidolon ephemera should not be on the rewards.

I don't have the gamma nor the sigil, but i know their history, and giving them away like this is just, nope. Bring back some tactical alert for the sigil or something.

And weren't ephemeras supposed to be merit/challenge based? C'mon

The gamma palette was literally given out because of a change to the lighting that made things brighter, though its a very exclusive item because of how old it is, its hardly like it was 'earned' or whatever. Plus, it looks so much like the classic colors anyway that its perfect for new players to acquire! Totally helps their fashion frame out 100% and as a fan of good fashion I can always support that.

As someone who owns the rift sigil, I can't even remember how I got it honestly lol! Maybe thats just me, but personally, it doesn't bother me at all that other people are getting the opportunity to get a neat cosmetic. I really don't think there's much of a problem with any of these rewards at all (at least as filler).

The only one I could see a bit of an issue with is the ephemera but like, no one knows what its initial purpose was anyway, and even so its just a little sparkly doo-dad that comes out your feet. Perhaps you can argue that this goes against the principle of ephemera acquisition, but considering how friggin rare it is to acquire one anyway I don't really see the issue. They were never a testament of skill, more so luck and dedication to grinding a mission, this is just another (different) grind.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave: Intermission Rank Rewards:

1. Gamma Color Picker
  2. Rift Sigil

I feel bad for the people who farmed the rift sigil to get it, and also the exclusivity of the gamma pack but I don't have these so I guess im kind of happy. If you guys are bringing back stuff bring back the old dojo tileset, make them work with tiles, at least the cross connector it's so beautiful. Let us earn it somehow please.

Changes to Existing Acts!

1. 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely
  2. 10 perfect Conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect Conservations’.
  3. ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’.
  4.  Increased the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds.

I get that people were having a hard time getting the with friends stuff and I get that there are solo players.... but isnt one of the points of nightwave to push people to try new things, without nightwave I wouldnt have taken a second glance at eidolons/profit taker/conservation

do the conservations work on plains? I really hate using the tranq and would much rather just run out there with sleepuinox and scoop up my baby birds and rabbits from the plains, also does this mean we have to get 6 different rarities of animals, 6 different animals, or 6 different species of animals?

I like doing the bounty with the good reward though, why would I want to do other bounties for crappy rewards?

Love the change for SO/(eso?), having people stay for the full 8 will be nice, but since it's an endless gamemode that scales difficulty, why isn't it AABCCCCCCCC like arby's?

Nightwave: Intermission is a 15 Rank evergreen reward Intermission! As we work towards content for Series 2, we wanted to release an interim gap to ensure rewards were accessible! Nora Cred can be acquired and used to purchase Nightwave Offerings during this mini-series. 

Does this mean this specific reward track will come back? will it reset in the future if it does come back? will we have different reward tracks for intermission tracks in the future? this isnt very specific to what it means and exactly how "limited" this will be.

Archived