Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Rate Nightwave (A=love, F=hate)

ThePHiLsTeR

I'd like to give her a B-. I love the basic idea and her voice is perfection. However, the writing is awful, the story of the Wolf was poorly fleshed out and some of the missions are beyond annoying. Fortunately, I have no mental hangups over skipping a few of them here and there as long as I can still get the top reward. Also, she interjected herself too often, talking over Lotus or Ordis. Save it for the lander baby, that's when I've got the time to listen.

Also, I think DE will learn and make the next season better. Seriously, I believe that. And I haven't even started drinking today.

I give it a B.

It's good in what it does (giving me something to actually do for rewards I'll use 75% of the time), but I still feel like there could be more...

Like how there were episodes in our previous nightwave, we could have episodic missions where there can be some actual input from the player instead of a panning, static cutscene.

I despise Nora. I'm definitely in the 'give us an option to shut her the hell up' group. I know I can turn transmission voulme off, but that turns off ALL transmissions 😞

I don't like or dislike nightwave, but I do wish it didn't completely remove alerts in the process.

What happened to E?

My answer was B. It's not perfect, there's still some problematic challenges (Forma and Gilding among them) but it works.

I wouldn't mind more of those Wolf Hunt-esque tactical alerts though. Small challenges Nora specifically gets us to do. It's a great way to reignite that whole 'system is alive' thing that alerts left. Either that or add references to past nightwaves into Nora's random dialogue. It'd just be the Wolf right now but over time, it could be neat over time. Like these events actually happened and had an impact on the world.

"Nora's been hearing rumours that a certain Grineer meathead went back to Saturn Six with his pack, Amalgams and Old Members alike. Taken the place over. He ain't troublin' nobody... that we care about at least."

"Dreamers, you remember the Wolf? Seems he recently made a pass at Alad's City, not unlike what you do. Seems you might have competition."

• Like 1

B

For an intermission between the big ones, this session felt better than the Wolf introduction to Nightwave since it felt more relaxing and there is no jump in of an encounter with invincible fire bombing lil guys. I enjoyed the Wolf fight but the small fries being invincible and then having the CC that worked on them get turned off for some reason was not enjoyable.

Give the same amount of points as well as a definite ending time makes doing the missions I usually do give me an added bonus. The things that need specific times (do Clem mission, Gold an item, etc....) makes players hold off on doing those things in their regular playtime. At least for me, I held off on Gilding one item, have not done my Clem mission yet (needs more Clem clones at my beck n call)and not able to do a Sortie as I am above the limit of Rivens.

Keep allowing DE to make them better as this is only the 2nd time we got this Battle Payout. I see the promise.

Oh...and keep Xena. I likes her voice chiming in.

😁

I'll give NW a B.

Like:

The whole choice of what rewards you can get with NW credits.

Being able to run multiple challenges in a single mission

The milestone rewards are decent for a change!

Dislike:

Nora since its just a ripoff of another character.

Not much else I can say about it after that. Would have been nice if there was persistant weekly challenges between seasons like what intermission is, but without intermission, even if just for creds.

Compared to the last nightwave?, I'll give it a solid B.

The increase of points was very welcome, in-fact I just finished this nightwave and I still have 1 sortie left to do with that weekly goal. I don't really intend to at this point cause max level.

It still had the "Gild a modular weapon" goal, and waste 3 forma goal. Which I did not appreciate having to junk up my weaponry with yet another one I won't use and to waste resources on. At least I got my forma back.

Aside from that, I had multiple times where a goal would not complete after I completed it, even after logging back out and in forcing me to do it twice. Thankfully they were typically the Kill X enemy with X damage goals, and not something like "Survive for 30 minutes".

If it weren't for those 3 factors, I would rate it higher. As I did not feel pressured to play, it actually gave me something to do which is severely lacking without the old Alerts around when Nightwave is inactive. And no goal was too insane or structured badly.

Also the Aura forma is nice, I still need about 11 more Umbra forma, but this wasn't bad. Also I like the Eidolon smoke.