Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Could you include an explanation for some of these, because they seem insane. Vectis buffs but rubico nerfs, while calling vectis a nerf (red text), and this is like the 4th change. In addition to sending the Stradavar back down right after the prime access goes away. With a riven thats not even top 10 primaries, why hit it so hard?

So dumb, how about just buffing the weaker stuff rather than nerfing the more popular stuff. You know people pay RL money on plat to buy these things and then you just nerf crap into the ground? That's so blatantly anti-consumer and I can't believe DE actually allows this crap to continue.

Rebalance your trash and stop nerfing peoples hard earned rivens.

Just now, Cloverskull said:

It wouldn't be an issue if people didn't have to spend tens of hours of kuva grind to roll a decent riven. It's borderline retarded to just go "the guns were too strong, so now your playtime is wasted in mass".

MxYb6j6.png

ULEXTy9.png

Kuva is only a issue if you make it an issue, although i can agree theres not enough missions that rewards it.

il y a 10 minutes, Ziser a dit :

Seams like theres a lot of people that do not understand, riven changes are made upon weapon popularity and weapon strength, take Rubico for example that, even without a riven, outperforms all snipers in the game even when they have rivens and so the riven mods changes upon that.

I want my 8 mag hunting rifle style rubico back tho damn. It felt good. 

Snipers have been consistently shafted because of the eidolon meta, and anyone like me that likes to use them on normal content gets hit just as much as the meta minions :S

On 2019-07-05 at 11:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Work is still in progress on the upcoming Melee 3.0 rework, so melee weapon disposition changes will have to wait until those are complete. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Ok but how long though its been what a year and a half now? I just don't get why the weapon dispositions have to wait for the melee rework if they are going to release at the same time the rework doesn't actually have influence on the disposition unless the possibility would be a melee weapon get some type of bogus stat change to make the disposition make the weapon overpowered. The only issue with that is it has been stated that the rivens should not affect on the stats of weapons and are just entirely separate (which is just a lazy way to not correctly balance the game.)

On 2019-07-06 at 12:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Stradavar: 1.15->1

Tetra: 1.5->1.45

guess i'm gonna stick with ignis even more and never bother with all those full-auto.

Embolist: 1.45->1.4

Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2

Viper: 1.45->1.35

lul

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

I want my 8 mag hunting rifle style rubico back tho damn. It felt good. 

Snipers have been consistently shafted because of the eidolon meta, and anyone like me that likes to use them on normal content gets hit just as much as the meta minions :S

My most used weapon is Lanka, used a ton since its release so im kinda bummed it got hit legit only because the eidolon hunts, nowdays i still wish they either remove its charge or make it a hitscan alike Ferrox primary fire.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)D3L7A Z7R1K3 said:

So you adjust rivens based on how often its used... Why is it when baro brings ignis everyone and their dogs hop into hydron does that data play into your "adjustments" because its SUPER faulty on paper as is personally

going to be honest here, Ignis has been over used for ages. even without a riven it utterly destroys in a such a way that putting tons of forma into it is well and truely worth it. there are weeks were i do not go a day without seeing a Ignis W user.

the truely good weapons dont need rivens, never did.

So when does the nerfs stop DE, when a weapon's rivens are unusably bad?  Because it's been what, four riven cycles now with more nerfs than buffs.  Nobody wants to play a game where the weapons players actually use get nothing but weaker.

Again you guys nerfed Rubico. With all my mods on it, stacked for damage and quiet kills, my Rubico Prime deals 2200 damage a shot and has a crit rate of about 130% with a crit multiplier around 8x. The balance to this is that it only gets 7 shots and the reload time can get you killed. My Hek, with no riven and stacked for damage, deals over 20000 damage with a single shot. I'm just sayin', maybe you should keep your balancing act restricted to PVP...

I would also like to point out, that I emptied my Rubico Prime's clip into the Wolf's face with full zoom and it didn't kill him. So my riven mod, which when the disposition was maxed boosted my Rubico Prime's crit rate to ~145%, wasn't really overpowered.

It's easier to think of this as balancing out so every weapon in the game does the same level of damage than to think of it as nerfs. If we have specific weapons that are more useful than others, there would be less variety and less value in DE having created all those other weapons out there.

A game where it doesn't matter what you use is surely going to be more exciting to play than a game where specific weapons perform better than others. Just picture the long game 🙂 

31 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh yeah, because it wasn't too weak already.

Yeah, even Stradavar Prime with a great riven is weaker compared to something like Tiberon Prime even without rivens. Changes like these boggle my mind.

Like, I have a God Lanka riven and a solid Rubico riven, and I don't mind the nerfs for those (maybe a little, because I think the cap should be like 0.8, so the rivens don't become simple worse than normal mods and you can still feel a small benefit to their use). But shen they nerf already too weak weapons that are simply cool in concept or feel good to use I just don't compute.

So what's the plan here?  Nerf things until the rivens are useless? 

The popular weapons are popular because they're good, not because their dispo is high.  Nerfing the dispo will not make them less popular, or make other weapons more popular, it will only irritate those that took the ridiculous amount of time it takes to fight the RNG kuva system to get a good riven.  Buffing the dispo of unpopular weapons will not make them good or more popular or meta viable.  It will not happen.  They will remain trash, regardless of dispo, because the weapons aren't balanced, just like the enemies.  In a horde mode looter shooter you seem to think regular enemies regular attacks at high levels should one-shot 90% of warframes regardless of build, but you don't think those same players outnumbered 20-1 should have the same one-shot capabilities by using a meta weapon with a good riven.  So it's nerf nerf nerf, with the only buffs happening going to absolute garbage that isn't popular for a reason.

Lazy.

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Why is the supra being nerfed, I hardly ever see that weapon...

And a nerf to the twin gremlins

I have a good riven for all four of the weapons you mentioned. The Supra nerf makes sense as it was the strongest full-auto assault rifle in the game (and most likely still is). That was balanced out by the weapon being projectile based, however a nerf wasn't all that surprising. The Twin Gremlins on the other hand... anyone who had a good riven on those knows that it needed a nerf. It's still too strong.

Please stahp. I swear that to an extent, anything below 1 dispo starts to make rolls unviable on certain weapons. Remember when Soma was 0.5 and the perfect soma riven would still be worse than using primed cryo rounds in it's place? You're literally ruining rivens. The disposition ranges are way too low on the low end. It wouldnt be an issue with 1 was the lowest and 2 was the highest. The problem with dispo nerfs is that rivens go so low that you're better off not having a riven at all (Akstilettos for example).

My Catchmoon that I just bought off someone for a thousand platinum now has 55% less damage and 30% less multishot. Another hit and I might as well be using primed heated charge. I wish the server just crashed and rolled back my transaction. This game is inducing more stress to me than it relieves 😞

1 minute ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

It's easier to think of this as balancing out so every weapon in the game does the same level of damage than to think of it as nerfs. If we have specific weapons that are more useful than others, there would be less variety and less value in DE having created all those other weapons out there.

A game where it doesn't matter what you use is surely going to be more exciting to play than a game where specific weapons perform better than others. Just picture the long game 🙂 

Just picture the long game? How does it affect the game in positive way if trash weapons are still trash (btw they also getting nerfed somehow) and outperformed by non-rivened good weapons?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ProjDemise said:

Again you guys nerfed Rubico. With all my mods on it, stacked for damage and quiet kills, my Rubico Prime deals 2200 damage a shot and has a crit rate of about 130% with a crit multiplier around 8x. The balance to this is that it only gets 7 shots and the reload time can get you killed. My Hek, with no riven and stacked for damage, deals over 20000 damage with a single shot. I'm just sayin', maybe you should keep your balancing act restricted to PVP...

Everyone plays diffrently, Rubico is literally a god weapon in my hands and i see absolutely no drawbacks using it, the mag size and reload time isnt even worth noticing as a drawback. It is without question stronger than any of the other weapons in its class. Its a well deserved balance change. Also you have 130% crit chance on that rubico, nowhere in hell it deals 2200 damage consitently, it does without question more DPS than you can even dream of doing with Hek acording to what you wrote.

Archived