Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo / Clan XP Mystery: Solved & Next Steps

[DE]Rebecca

If you're not an active participant in the Clan / Dojo system, a lot of this will go over your head. But if you've noticed a discrepancy in your Clan's Dojo XP since the release of Update 25, we have found the issue and have a full breakdown here.

The issue:
Upon researching the Update 25 Clan weapons, some Clans / Dojos had a loss of Clan XP. On the surface this seems like a pretty straight forward problem, but it has turned out to be a bit more complicated. Your "Clan Profile' page showed research and Pigment XP gains, but there was a whole bunch of invisible XP messing with values especially if you deleted a decoration or room, and finished weapon research (namely, from Operation Trophies)!

The solution:
- All trophies are now exempt from Clan XP and will not reward it.
- The Trading Post and Treasury will supply their intended XP.
- Room XP will be left alone (get your XP on first build), just exposed so you can see it.

Next steps:
As we release eligible content, you can re-rank your Clan over time. We have record keeping of your rank, so you won't re-trigger the rank up rewards.

Sorry for the confusion!

Further information:

We have a list of rooms and objects that grant you XP, but only if they exist within the Dojo (i.e cannot be built then destroyed). Next hotfix will ensure this works properly + highlight this fact more (as we work to expose in UI):

Trading Post 10000 XP
Treasury 10000 XP
Obstacle Course: 15000 XP
Dueling Room: 15000 XP
Oracle: 10000 XP
Energy Lab: 10000 XP
Chem Lab: 10000 XP
Bio Lab: 10000 XP
Orokin Lab: 10000 XP
Tenno Lab: 10000 XP
Temple of Honor: 15000 XP

Edited by [DE]Rebecca
  • Like 12

So all xp from all trophies have been removed from all clans ? Or clans cannot get xp from trophies moving forward?

Also, now theres no point in bothering with building all variations (terracotta to gold) and little incentive to work toward earning them. 

You should implement a reason to have them. Esp since chilling in a dojo isnt really supported beyond trade and grabing research outside of decorators going ham. 

• Like 5

Hm? Sounds like a lot will end up being lost from the trophies, then.

By the way, on the subject, would you please let us just research all of the defunct solar rail stuff if you're going to still have it sit there forever giving EXP but giving you an error if you try to research any of it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you're not an active participant in the Clan / Dojo system, a lot of this will go over your head. But if you've noticed a discrepancy in your Clan's Dojo XP since the release of Update 25, we have found the issue and have a full breakdown here.

The issue:
Upon researching the Update 25 Clan weapons, some Clans / Dojos had a loss of Clan XP. On the surface this seems like a pretty straight forward problem, but it has turned out to be a bit more complicated. Your "Clan Profile' page showed research and Pigment XP gains, but there was a whole bunch of invisible XP messing with values especially if you deleted a decoration or room, and finished weapon research (namely, from Operation Trophies)!

The solution:
- Room XP will be left alone (get your XP on first build), just exposed so you can see it.

Next steps:
As we release eligible content, you can re-rank your Clan over time. We have record keeping of your rank, so you won't re-trigger the rank up rewards.

Sorry for the confusion!

Just to be clear, will all clan XP values be retroactively "fixed"? (So that every clan with the same amount of research will be on an even playing field)
I noticed my clan lost some XP after a certain update and I assumed it was one of the weapons giving a negative amount.

5 часов назад, OvisCaedo сказал:

By the way, on the subject, would you please let us just research all of the defunct solar rail stuff if you're going to still have it sit there forever giving EXP but giving you an error if you try to research any of it?

1 час назад, --Aegis--Dandy сказал:

Are there any plans for solar rail tech and the Ignis Wraith blueprint to be researchable by clans in the future @[DE]Rebecca

I would love to know that as well. We have like half of solar rail researches done way back in my clan and the rest is now sitting there like the waste of space. I'd prefer those removed or become researchable again.

6 часов назад, PookieNumnums сказал:

little incentive to work toward earning them

You should implement a reason to have them.

We are a small clan, and we are not top tier players. So working towards gold statue often is a shared accomplishment for us. That's my incentive, that's enough.

As for the reason to have them... they look cool and are displayed in our "Hall of GIant Loki Statue".

• Like 1

Whoops.

On another note, have there been any progress to Clans an how to better incentive using the system. There are a few things I want to touch on:

- Clan Hierarchy Creation: When Railjack comes out, some Warlords will want to identify the best helmsmen in their clans. Having Hierarchies with descriptions will really help define and build upon clans more.

- Better clan screens. It's hard to post clan activities, or contests without having to create a page that needs us to leave the game to view. 

- Clan-bonuses. To get more participation, for clans to do things together; it would be great if the leaders and warlords can research and implement ongoing bonuses such as more affinity/resource yield for more clan/alliance members in the squad. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The issue:

The solution:

Next steps:

Sorry for the confusion!

If you're saying all clans are going to loose the XP from our trophies that we worked hard for, this is an unacceptable solution. The XP is the main reason we worked hard to get those trophies, and I don't see any reason to work for trophies in the future if that is the case. We need more ways to earn exclusive XP, not less. Maybe trophies and other Dojo stuff that rewards XP should be added to the "Clan Profile"?

It's possible I'm reading this wrong, but it came across to me as "we don't want to put in the time required to fix hard earned trophy XP so we're nixing it instead". Can you clarify please? I'd really appreciate it. Our clan worked hard for our gold trophies in Pacifism Defect, Ambulas Reborn, & Hostile Mergers along with our Dojo Contest trophies. Loosing all of that just doesn't seem right and feels antithetical to the efforts of the hundreds of players in our clan who fought hard for those rewards. I know there are thousands of players in other clans who definitely worked hard for theirs as well.

Also, when will XP for things built in the dojo like treasury/trading posts, labs, etc be fixed? I hope we aren't going to have to delete all that stuff and rebuild it to get the XP. I've personally put a lot of work into decorating our labs that I don't care to do all over again.

Thanks for taking the time to review and I look forward to clarification on Clan and Trophy XP. 😃

Edited by (XB1)PRaDiUSxUCM
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

So all xp from all trophies have been removed from all clans ? Or clans cannot get xp from trophies moving forward?

Also, now theres no point in bothering with building all variations (terracotta to gold) and little incentive to work toward earning them. 

You should implement a reason to have them. Esp since chilling in a dojo isnt really supported beyond trade and grabing research outside of decorators going ham. 

Exactly this. They need to fix the trophy XP, rather than trying to sweep it under the rug. Many clans worked for those trophies to get the XP, and going forward there would be no good reason for clans to work for trophies. They should add Clan Trophies and other Dojo stuff that rewards XP to the "Clan Profile" as they've needed to be updated with more info on clans anyways for a while now. I certainly hope I've read the OP wrong and that DE isn't removing the trophy XP that so many clans and thousands of people have worked hard for.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The solution:

I really hope I misunderstood, if not, that solution is straight up unacceptable.  It is a huge slap in the face for the many clans who have worked hard to obtain those trophies over the years.  How could your solution be to remove our years of hard work, just because there was an issue in a recent update. Why not do it the right way, instead of a quick band-aid fix?Without the XP from the trophies, what's the point of even participating in the events just to get them...

"That trophy looks cool, where did you get that from?" - Said no one ever.

The bonus XP gave clans a reason to work hard together to accomplish something, many clans have spent years building up their clans, just so they can do well in events, and now because of a bug, you decided to make the years of hard work meaningless, without the XP, clans have nothing at all to show for themselves.

From a Warlord of over 4 years, this solution makes myself and many other warlords in the same position absolutely furious.  

Please rethink this decision.

• Like 2

thanks for the info 

now we know we will get Empyrian near Christmas ..can we get a more info later this year but a bit before Empyrian about what clans need to do to prepare for update ? 

i mean i think we will not be able to build/access right away to our new ships .. there will be a research and resources to farm .. i hope you can inform us what to farm and how to prepare our dojo for new update 

i know i may be wrong and we will get access to new ships directly when update drops ..that would be awesome btw

1 hour ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

thanks for the info 

now we know we will get Empyrian near Christmas ..can we get a more info later this year but a bit before Empyrian about what clans need to do to prepare for update ? 

i mean i think we will not be able to build/access right away to our new ships .. there will be a research and resources to farm .. i hope you can inform us what to farm and how to prepare our dojo for new update 

i know i may be wrong and we will get access to new ships directly when update drops ..that would be awesome btw

The New War update is slated for the holidays. Correct me if I am wrong, currently there is no announced release date for Empyrian.

Most people suspect it will be early fall.

Edited by --Aegis--Dandy

On 2019-07-09 at 2:14 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

he issue:

I totally disagree with this assessment the problem is directly attributed to the completion of the Cyanex research instead of subtrating 3000 XP points the game added 30,000 XP points towards our clan Mastery Ranking.  Example prior to initiating the Cyanex research our clan was at 21,000 XP and upon completion we wound up at 50,000 XP, not 18,000 like we were expecting.  Your proposed solution seems more like a punishment than a solution. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badgerlad said:

So, just to be clear... Are we getting the XP for the update 25 weapons, or is that basically lost forever?

Yeah, maybe I'm just especially dense headed, but I couldn't tell at all from this announcement whether we were actually getting our lost research XP back. 

Edited by CRASHSU1T