Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For all the People hating Nightwave because it "forces" you to do something.

Scharfohr

I would like to point out that the gilding challenge is being removed after this week 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding the Gild challenge, we have removed it from any future weeks so it won't appear again this Series.
As for your bug... we will look into that.

So yeah, the devs are listening (this is directed at those who keep repeating they are not when a lot of this nightwave has been improved from the last season.) Nightwave is still going to be here, and it is still being improved upon. Nightwave is a reward track. You want the rewards, you run the track. You don't want to run the track, you don't get the rewards. What is so hard to get about that? I agree with the OP. If your complaint is that nightwave forces you to do things to get things, well Warframe has been making you do things to get things from the very beginning. Why is it such a problem now? Because it replaced the S#&$ty alerts that were entirely rng and inconvenient because people have regular schedules? Oh look a potato alert while I'm at work, oh look a helmet alert while I was sleeping, oh look a vauban chassis alert while I was not near a computer. How the hell was that fun in any way? If you found that fun and was able to get them easily then I hate to break it to you, you had no life and could sit 24/7 to do those alerts when they popped up. Wasn't that an argument brought up in the last nightwave? That people felt like they couldn't complete it in time because they had a real life? Where is the logic in that?

I work 45 hours a week. I get an average of 1 hour of game time a day, if I can get that time in. I was able to finish all the challenges in the last nightwave with that time and still complete them in this one with that time because it's on my time.It isn't up to rng anymore when I want to get something. We can still improve this system, like having small cred rewards at all ranks, not just certain ones up to 30 and every rank in prestige, or having the challenges cycle out if you complete a week so you have stuff to do if you can't figure out what to do. But if your only "feedback" is to remove the system because you have your rose-tinted glasses super glued to your face, then maybe this ain't the game for you and I'm sorry it turned out that way in your personal experience.

/rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Because one is flawed it doesn't excuse a replacement that's even more flawed. They need to come up with something better instead.

"Alerts were better because I said so" doesn't make alerts better than NW. No one has given any legitimate reason as to how alerts were better. No one is actually talking about making NW better when they talk about alerts, they are saying NW is simply worse in all ways. The only thing alerts did that NW doesn't do is shove people into the same instance and directs people to something to do (assuming the reward you needed was there).

Some common complaints about NW vs Alerts:

If you don't want to be told what to do, then alerts were no better.

If you don't like the time limitation of 1 week (while still being able to go back and do them), then alerts were significantly worse.

If you had limited play time, then alerts were significantly worse.

If rewards were important, then alerts were significantly worse.

If repeated tasks is an issue, then alerts had far limited tasks.

If not being able to rush to 30+ for all rewards on NW is an issue, then alerts were significantly worse.

If the low difficulty of NW is an issue, then alerts were no better.

If you're a "veteran" with everything, then alerts were unrewarding.

Objectively speaking, alerts were essentially worse in every single way. Anyone saying they should get rid of NW for alerts is just being hypocritical, many of the flaws people complain about to NW also apply to alerts, with many being even worse under the previous system.

Personally speaking, Nightwave isn't "fun" and could definitely be improved, but when I was new, requiring an app so I don't miss out on Nitain when I walked away was annoying. I did a ton of alerts over a couple years, and surprise, I didn't even get all the cosmetic rewards or auras because I suppose they only appeared while I was sleeping or couldn't play. Even then, some of the issues with NW I can ignore as I can just not do the "challenges" I don't like and still get all the rewards, alerts on the other hand were an all or nothing.

This system its not good...i agree. Its sux and burn-out us!

I think both should co-exist. Just move the cosmetics and resources/potatos back to alerts and just keep nora rank itens....

Edited by Luciole77

@Sajochi

Hah! Vaguely heard about the removal of the gild act before, but now we have a confirmation - on the same day I just finished my Special Session where I ran Pago with my new Zaw to prepare for next time that rolls around.

Ah well, I'll just go ahead and MR fodder it. The rest of my Zaw blueprints can go back to collecting dust. Thanks for the info anyway.

Edited by KnossosTNC

3 hours ago, Scharfohr said:

Ohh, did they confirmed it somewhere?

Yup - in the general nightwave feedback thread - Rebecca confirmed (at least for season 2, hopefully they keep that moving forward, don't see why they wouldn't):

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding the Gild challenge, we have removed it from any future weeks so it won't appear again this Series.
As for your bug... we will look into that.

Most of the complaints around nightwave aren't because people don't want to play.

It's because half the time they are being asked to do things that are slightly unreasonable, like asking us people who already gilded every item gild out 3rd piece of fodder just to complete that stupid nightwave challenge (fixed now, even though people hated it the first time).  Or people being told to use Forma when they may not need to at the time - the greatest irony of this one being that there's always a reward to 3 forma, which if you do this challenge counts as a bloater rank in the Nightwave season where you aren't truly given a reward, but just compensated for your forma expenses thusfar.  

There is a difference between asking me to go out and play x mission or do x task in a mission - and blatantly asking me to crap my resources down a sink.  

You have a narrow view of the problems surrounding Nightwave, clearly, and this thread is a farce. 

I love Warframe.  I play this game almost daily.  There's reasonable things to ask of players and I don't think "challenging" a player to pee away their resources is up there in that list. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Most of the complaints around nightwave aren't because people don't want to play.

It's because half the time they are being asked to do things that are slightly unreasonable, like asking us people who already gilded every item gild out 3rd piece of fodder just to complete that stupid nightwave challenge (fixed now, even though people hated it the first time).  Or people being told to use Forma when they may not need to at the time - the greatest irony of this one being that there's always a reward to 3 forma, which if you do this challenge counts as a bloater rank in the Nightwave season where you aren't truly given a reward, but just compensated for your forma expenses thusfar. 

Two posts above you, it's been said Rebecca confirmed removal of Gild Acts.

Not sure about Forma.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

"Alerts were better because I said so" doesn't make alerts better than NW. No one has given any legitimate reason as to how alerts were better. No one is actually talking about making NW better when they talk about alerts, they are saying NW is simply worse in all ways. The only thing alerts did that NW doesn't do is shove people into the same instance and directs people to something to do (assuming the reward you needed was there).

Some common complaints about NW vs Alerts:

If you don't want to be told what to do, then alerts were no better.

If you don't like the time limitation of 1 week (while still being able to go back and do them), then alerts were significantly worse.

If you had limited play time, then alerts were significantly worse.

If rewards were important, then alerts were significantly worse.

If repeated tasks is an issue, then alerts had far limited tasks.

If not being able to rush to 30+ for all rewards on NW is an issue, then alerts were significantly worse.

If the low difficulty of NW is an issue, then alerts were no better.

If you're a "veteran" with everything, then alerts were unrewarding.

Objectively speaking, alerts were essentially worse in every single way. Anyone saying they should get rid of NW for alerts is just being hypocritical, many of the flaws people complain about to NW also apply to alerts, with many being even worse under the previous system.

Personally speaking, Nightwave isn't "fun" and could definitely be improved, but when I was new, requiring an app so I don't miss out on Nitain when I walked away was annoying. I did a ton of alerts over a couple years, and surprise, I didn't even get all the cosmetic rewards or auras because I suppose they only appeared while I was sleeping or couldn't play. Even then, some of the issues with NW I can ignore as I can just not do the "challenges" I don't like and still get all the rewards, alerts on the other hand were an all or nothing.

Excellently written.

Spoiler

DisgustingCoarseDachshund-size_restricte

But now we must ask: Why don't we, as a community, try coming together with a comprehensive list of Nightwave challenges that we consider to be reasonable (to the majority, anyways), if not also fun? Would make for a useful thread of feedback to give the devs, no?

As an example: I haven't ever enjoyed the "Play 3 rounds of Index with the enemy not scoring once!" challenge. I figure one round of that would be a reasonable challenge, however. 3 is just tedious.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

7 hours ago, SkalleBonk said:

I don't mind Nightwave, but it could have better rewards i suppose. But at least it gives me somthing to do besides grinding kuva, fissure missions and eidolons.

I don't mind Warframe, but it could have better rewards I suppose. I wish there was something to do besides grinding.

Fixed that for you.

7 hours ago, Scharfohr said:

Shouldn't by that logic DE stop doing events all together? since it forces you to do something you may not want to.

people would then complain about having nothing to do its a vicious dark souls cycle 

Just now, Kimimoto said:

Then don't do those...

Gild is still undone and will not be done by me, doesn't change the fact that its getting pulled down by DE, at least with the Forma they give Forma packs in the rewards so it comes out a net zero.

Doesn't mean I can't voice my bloody opinion that they are bottom of the barrel trash in terms of design.

7 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

People complain about anything, even if it's exponentially better then the system that it replaced.  Forcing you to play the game isn't really bad, because if you dislike playing the game so much maybe you shouldn't play it.  

Better?  In some ways.  What Warframe needs is to honor the ability to choose to play Warframe the way you want, either old or new, without restricting loot or enjoyment.

If even an abbreviated version of old-school alerts existed alongside NW, Warframe would be GREAT.

3 hours ago, Sajochi said:

I would like to point out that the gilding challenge is being removed after this week 

So yeah, the devs are listening (this is directed at those who keep repeating they are not when a lot of this nightwave has been improved from the last season.) Nightwave is still going to be here, and it is still being improved upon. Nightwave is a reward track. You want the rewards, you run the track. You don't want to run the track, you don't get the rewards. What is so hard to get about that? I agree with the OP. If your complaint is that nightwave forces you to do things to get things, well Warframe has been making you do things to get things from the very beginning. Why is it such a problem now? Because it replaced the S#&$ty alerts that were entirely rng and inconvenient because people have regular schedules? Oh look a potato alert while I'm at work, oh look a helmet alert while I was sleeping, oh look a vauban chassis alert while I was not near a computer. How the hell was that fun in any way? If you found that fun and was able to get them easily then I hate to break it to you, you had no life and could sit 24/7 to do those alerts when they popped up. Wasn't that an argument brought up in the last nightwave? That people felt like they couldn't complete it in time because they had a real life? Where is the logic in that?

I work 45 hours a week. I get an average of 1 hour of game time a day, if I can get that time in. I was able to finish all the challenges in the last nightwave with that time and still complete them in this one with that time because it's on my time.It isn't up to rng anymore when I want to get something. We can still improve this system, like having small cred rewards at all ranks, not just certain ones up to 30 and every rank in prestige, or having the challenges cycle out if you complete a week so you have stuff to do if you can't figure out what to do. But if your only "feedback" is to remove the system because you have your rose-tinted glasses super glued to your face, then maybe this ain't the game for you and I'm sorry it turned out that way in your personal experience.

/rant

^^^THIS!!!  All of this.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

This is the single biggest strawman argument people have against complaints here. Rather than expecting a bit higher content you'll rail on others for thinking a 10 week grind is somehow great game design.

If most could pick their tasks it might be better, but many see this as being at the mercy of the game because it essentially demands you save forma, zaws, amps, kitguns, moas, ayatans, and forma for a randomized set of tasks. You have no idea what you'll have to do, with a minimum of 6 weeks to finish, and no way to speed this up.

I'd prefer plague star to have new items and do it for the 5th time than NW. I'm not forced to grind plague star, though I'm rewarded far more for repeating it.

Ok i think that's just the point where personal Taste comes in (that's not negative). I haven't touched plague star since the first one because I already my the mistakes in other games burning myself out on grinding the exact same thing again and agan like a maniac. (Kulve Taroth MHW, Fishing Events in BDO) So I do rather some different missions distributed around the each week instead grinding one Event like a Maniac (also absolutely hated the Thermia Event)

2 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Nightwaves are waaay longer than alerts and don't even have good rewards.

They are boring chores that force you to waste a lot of time on something you don't like. 

waste time?  Really?  I just do the things that I normally do while playing and they just magically unlock for me.  Interesting.  The only way I can see them being a chore is if you try to grind all of them instead of just skipping the more annoying ones (annoying varies by person).  

14 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Nightwaves are waaay longer than alerts and don't even have good rewards.

They are boring chores that force you to waste a lot of time on something you don't like.

Way longer then alerts, oh wait, first nightwave cred reward this season gives you a possible 50 nitain extract.  Tell me how long it takes to get 50 nitain if you collect one at a time during alerts, some of which will be defense, survival, or what have you that are massive timesinks that reward just 1 nitain.  To ANYONE just starting the game right now, they can get 50 nitain in their first week of playing by completing 10K worth of challenges when normally back in the day of alerts they would be lucky to get a tenth of that.  

You know what you guys sounds like who complain that this is a chore?  When people complain about orokin cells in regards to crafting prime gear.  Oh no, I have to grind ceres/saturn for 15 orokin cells for my gram prime what a horror I have to play the game.  Jeeeeez I sure do hate playing the game.  

7 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Who cares aboutnitains extracts? You need them for what? A second rateframe like Vauban?

I got all the nitainsfor him in like a week with casual play with an hour a day. Just by following the WF app in mobile.

Honestly, noobs ruin the game. They whine all the time and this is why we got that crappy nightwave system.

Can't believe they cried to DE for some second rate frame that they could get with using just a little brain power anyway...

You are aware you need 189 nitain extract total not counting research to build everything that requires nitain.  #*!% doing 189 nitain alerts.  It isn't just 'oh no vauban prime costs 20 nitain to build in total' there are a lot of primes and weapons that need nitain.  

3 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

You are aware you need 189 nitainextracttotal not counting research to build everything that requires nitain.  #*!% doing 189 nitainalerts.  It isn't just 'oh no vaubanprimecosts 20 nitaintobuild in total' there are a lot of primes and weapons that need nitain.  

Who in their right mind will farm all of that.

The players that just want to collect everything are grinders to their core so they will appreciate a bit of a challenge.

Nightwave is a braindead system with 0 challenge.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 2