Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you were an enemy, what would be the most terrifying Warframes to you

-Vahagn-

If you were a Corpus Crewman or Grineer Lancer, which Warframes would you be the most afraid of?

Here is who I would be the most terrified of.

• Nidus: An infested Warframe is gonna give me nightmares at night. Also having maggots crawling into my skin would just drive me insane. 
  • Nyx: Forces you to kill your friends.
  • Inaros: Literally eats you while your still alive.
  • Garuda: Either rips out your guts or slowly drains your blood. I personally think being impaled on a blood altar would be a horrible way to die.
  • Like 9

All the warframes you listed +Saryn because she can basically spread a space plague with the thwip of her finger. Also Mag because she manipulates metal and basically everything (including my clothes) are made of metal. If I ever see that pacifist frame I am begging for mercy and converting to the Tenno side

• Like 5

All warframe are going to kill you, but the more pertinent factor here is how you die.

The stealth frames are straight forward in fast unseen lethal hits that kill you instantly before you recognized anything out of the ordinary.

Nyx would be terrible as death isn't fast, she makes you kill your friends first and then drags you to fight her enemies until your end.

Nekros, because if you thought your death was rough, your soul now serves him and fighting his enemies.

Limbo, because your stuck in stasis watching him plan your death, toying with you by sticking you on another plane while ignoring anything you try to do to him.

Nidus, Daryn.

• Like 2

Saryn. Melting peoples faces off within a whole area, or using you as a host for spreading disease for an even more slow death. She is terrifying. Just shoot or stab me please. 

Edited by SirTobe

If I'm going to go for the most terrifying? That really depends on what thing you think would scare you the most.

Think of how terrifying suspense is.

Would it be the fact that something entirely invisible to your eyes, unheard even though it's killing other people, and is moving too fast for you to guess where it is... is now in the room with you... And you know you're going to die, you're going to die very soon, but you have no way to stop it, no way to understand it, and then... it literally appears, looking at you. It stops, makes a gesture, and vanishes again, and you only had time to take in the long spear it had in one hand that is certainly going to be how it kills you. You fire, blindly, hoping to hit something, anything, maybe even save yourself, but... the pain isn't sharp at first, just feels like you were hit in the side. But now you're falling down, and your legs are falling in the other direction and you can see the blood drip from its blade until it leaves the room.

How about seeing a hooded figure running towards you, gun raised, eyes fixed on you, when you bring up your gun to take aim it swings something glowing at you and a wave of light passes by. Your arms and legs are latched onto by chains, around your neck and torso, biting links of darkness dragging you to a stop, defenseless, and you can only move your eyes to see the figure lining up a careful shot right between your eyes.

If you want a more visual example, go back and watch the Valkyr Prime trailer, and picture yourself as that Corpus guy that survives to the end.

Think of how terrifying some deaths are, just from things we know.

You round a corner, just a routine, and a wall of water is crashing towards you. It's only waist high, but it hits like a truck and drives you back against the wall. Before you can recover an armoured figure stands up from the wave's dregs, turns and you hear shouting, alarms, but it... it... liquefies, dropping to the floor as water. Before you really come to terms with that, a line, a rope, something, lashes out, grabs your foot and starts to drag you towards the water. It's impossible, but the water is deep, you get dragged down into it, not even able to get a deep breath before you go under. You are going to drown down here, and your lungs are already on fire. Drowning. In an inch of water.

On a desert planet the days are hot, more than hot, but your armour's internal systems keep you cool. You hear gunfire in the distance, something's up, the alarm blares and you ready to head into combat. A slim figure rolls out of a tunnel entry and swings its arm, and somehow you're knocked back, an impact rocks you on your feet, your armour is giving you a temperature spike warning. The odd figure drops to one knee and punches the ground and there you see it, just like one of those Eximus units the commander was so proud of, a wave of fire rolls towards you. You've done the training, fire can't hurt you in your desert armour, the systems will keep you cool and - the metal sparks and catches like you were doused in propellant. Your cooling system red-lines immediately and the metal is suddenly hot through the padding. All you can see through your visor is flames. And it's getting hotter.

Drowned, burned alive, unable to do anything as an unstoppable force comes after you while you can't move... all the horror tropes of every horror movie are present if you take Warframe from the enemy's perspective.

Heck, here's one that a few people might react to even worse;

There's a Tenno on the ship, the warnings have been scrolling on the screens, you're ready. You think you're okay, you're one of the toughest units of the Grineer in the system, nothing's getting by you. You've heard that Tenno can teleport, or go invisible, so you're scanning the room from all angles, waiting, watching, vigilant. You hear something... just... something... but Oh QUEENS THAT HURTS! You clutch at your head and it feels like a hammer beating on your skull. Could have been seconds, could have been hours, but it fades and you stand up again. And that's when you see them. Tenno. The room is full of Tenno. Guns raised, watching you, and you know what you have to do. Opening fire, you down one, it was surprisingly easy, you feel stronger than you've ever been, better, you aim and fire at another, and they all start firing back at you. Guns are blazing, but you can barely feel it, it's like they're smoke and noise to you. You've got backup too, another soldier is running through their ranks, it looks like one of the elite units, the females, downing Tenno wherever they go. It's not standard tactics, but it's working, the two of you are slaughtering them like children. You laugh and turn to the next, there's only two left, but the female elite approaches them from behind and shoots them both. She looks up at you and you at her, but something... something's wrong. Something hurts. You look down and... your armour is full of holes, bullet holes. You're bleeding. You look back up at the elite, but she's not an elite... She's a Tenno. And behind her your unit is dead. Riddled with bullets or cleaved with blades. They're... dead... and only one... Tenno... and... it hurts...

So, yeah. Tenno are halloween bad guys that always win, you can't even kill them for certain, they just seem to get back up over and over. Even times when you know, you absolutely confirmed it, they died... no, somehow they're back. Like a nightmare.

Have fun with those thoughts ^^

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

If you were a Corpus Crewman or Grineer Lancer, which Warframes would you be the most afraid of?

Here is who I would be the most terrified of.

• Nidus: An infested Warframe is gonna give me nightmares at night. Also having maggots crawling into my skin would just drive me insane. 
  • Nyx: Forces you to kill your friends.
  • Inaros: Literally eats you while your still alive.
  • Garuda: Either rips out your guts or slowly drains your blood. I personally think being impaled on a blood altar would be a horrible way to die.

Harrow with his 1 and a tigris..... 

RIP

excalibur with exalted blade

RIP 

Nekros' 4

Loki using 2, 3 and 4 along with 1

Ember

Ouch

Wisp with 4

Ooof

Volt 

Does Nyx still have Mind Control? Cause that's absolutely terrifying. Everything else, big freakin' deal, it's a quick death. But Nyx is literally raping your mind, taking control of your actions and eventually killing you. That loss of control scares me a crapton more than a giant blade through my body.

• Like 3