Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you were an enemy, what would be the most terrifying Warframes to you

-Vahagn-

Wisp. Because being incinerated by the sun sounds like it kinda sucks. You’ll see her then poof she’ll disappear. Then she’ll teleport behind you or something. Then she’ll make you blind which is in itself terrifying. And then incinerate you with the sun before you can even say dummy thicc.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

All of them i mean lets not beat around the bush to a normal person even the concept of what we could call a weak power in warframe is probably terrifying in reality 

soul punch doesn't do much damage but to a person you soul is being punched out of your body and your being flung harder then a car crash after it 

condemn doesn't do any damage but it leaves you utterly helpless to the whims of who ever snagged you with it or their friends 

9 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Does Nyx still have Mind Control? Cause that's absolutely terrifying. Everything else, big freakin' deal, it's a quick death. But Nyx is literally raping your mind, taking control of your actions and eventually killing you. That loss of control scares me a crapton more than a giant blade through my body.

u can even see the headache they get from that when u use an ability on them and they put their lil hands on their heads haha its kinda cute

Wukong: absolutely immortal, insanely fast. Has a celestial twin and can turn to mist. 

Wisp: opens a #*!%ing portal to the sun and burns you with 5000 degrees of fire. 

Hydroid: rises a horrific monster from no where that eats you alive and smashes you about. 

Ember/frost: burns or freezes you to death. Literally the two worst ways to go. 

Garuda: horrifically rips you apart and relives your blood in a continuous siphon. 

Inaros: covers you in scarabs; an ancient extinct breed of bugs that often liked to eat Egyptians alive whilst they slept. 

Limbo: literally tears reality a new anus and shoves you through the rip. 

Nekros: literally rises your squad mates and good buddies from the #*!%ing dead to fight against you. 

14 hours ago, 844448 said:

or some kind of abomination with mismatched colors running through wiping out everyone

I think you just accurately described a pretty big chunk of the player base with that one. 😄

• Like 2

Tenno are known for depopulating entire galleons before anyone has enough time to figure out what's going on. But assuming they're in open, active combat? Nidus.

The infested alone are bad enough seeing as how they can directly infect flesh and metal, and tear apart ships given enough time. An infestation controlled by a Tenno is definitely worse, being able to direct it wherever he may want it, and spawning his own little infested flora and weird bunny things that bore into you then explode. Then suddenly he throws a ball of tendrils which grabs your friends without any hope to escape, easy pickings. At the same time, you and any few other survivors of the initial attack are probably now infected.

With this being said I have to wonder... Ignoring any gameplay limitations, wouldn't Nidus' infestation just spread and mutate upon any ability usage? His first and fourth especially spawn masses of infested flesh and flora. Wouldn't any attacks orchestrated by him just cause a spike in infested outbreaks, albeit under the control of a Tenno?

• Like 1

Frost, Ember, Volt, Oberon or Saryn. Either of those 5 ways of dying are horrible on their own and those frames take them to the extreme.

Frost kills you with something where the experience is probably close to getting parts of your body frozen by liquid hydrogen.

Ember kills you with something that is probably close to getting burned alive in a pool of flaming rocket fuel.

Volt kills you with electricity, which is something similar to feeling yourself boiling from the inside and having every bone in your body broken at once (even though they dont actually break), this sensation actually applies to freezing too.

Oberon kills with radiation, after watching Chernobyl it easily ended up on my #5 list of ways I dont wanna die. You either burn to death from initial exposure or you rot away as a living corpse with pains that cannot be relieved by anything, pains you may have to "live" with for weeks before dying.

Saryn kills you with acids and viral epidemics, I imagine the viral part is ebola or something equally horrible and acids are acids, simply torture to die to.

Edited by SneakyErvin

none are particularly great:

Ash = Shuriken would result in bleeding to death (slow and messy)

Atlas = beat you to death with rock golems

Banshee = overwhelming sound: IIRC it's totally possible to have a brain haemorrhage from a sound if it's SUPER loud. that, or the bass vibrates you to death.

Baruuk = beat you to death, Kung-Fu style.

Chroma = Burned/poisoned/electrocuted/frozen to death, take your pick.

Ember = burned alive (arguably the worst, and because her fire is kinda weak, it would prolong the agony, definitely in my top 5.)

Equinox = slowly bleed to death from Maim.

Excalibur = chop you up with an energy sword.

Frost = freeze you to death.

Gara = bleed to death from being impaled and cut with glass shards. that's pretty gruesome.

Garuda = impales you and you bleed to death (sensing a theme here..)

Harrow = chains you up first, then kills you.

Hydroid = drowns you. also a terrible way to go.

Hildryn = either Vaporizes you with Balefire (quick at least), or puts her Bicep around your neck and flexes, crushing your windpipe into Spaghetti with her buffness.

Inaros = eaten by a sand mummy is one of the top phobias of those travelling to Egypt. so I've heard anyway..

Ivara = Arrows are painful. void arrows would be VERY painful.

Khora = whipped to death and/or mauled by an armoured cat. yeesh.

Limbo = puts you in stasis, then takes his sweet time..

Loki = probably just stab you in the back.

Mag = Crush would NOT be a fun way to go.

Mesa = people say guns are quick, those people never saw the end of Red Dead Redemption..

Mirage = death by disco, I guess.

Nekros = you die, then get resurrected over and over again.

Nezha = burned and/or impaled by Divine Spears. not fun.

Nidus = death by Infestation.. ewwww.

Nyx = forces you to kill your friends before you die, that's pretty dark.

Oberon = death by radiation. that would suck.

Octavia = the last thing you hear before you die is terribly-composed Dubstep. truly, not even the grineer deserve such a terrible fate..

Revenant = death by lasers. looks amazing, feels terrible.

Rhino = the equivalent of being hit by a speeding truck.

Saryn = you get afflicted with a terrible, contagious disease before you die. ewwwww.

Trinity = energy vampire doesn't look comfortable for the target.

Valkyr = would rip and tear until it is done.

Vauban = would torture you with an array of gadgets, you spend hours being constantly tripped, bounced, held in place, electrocuted and sucked into a vortex. outside of this category however, he kinda sucks.

Volt = electrocution is totally awful.. unless you're doing it.

Wukong = beats you to death with a big stick.

Zephyr = whips you up into a tornado which would throw you into a wall or something and break every bone in your body. not the friendliest birb.

• 2 years later...

1. Nekros.  (Specifically irkalla Nekros) His second ability literally makes you fear him, just imagine this:

You are running through the ship. The alarms are blaring. The ship is in lockdown mode. The Tenno have boarded. You stop down the hallway and listen carefully. The sound of gunfire and screams are heard around the corner. You take a few steps back and raise your gun. More people are running towards your location from behind you. Elite Lancers and a heavy gunner. You all stop in that position, waiting for something to come around that corner, guns drawn, ready to fire without any hesitation. Suddenly the sound of gunfire is silenced. What had happened? Did they manage to kill the Tenno? Then a terrifying figure came around the corner. A black figure, with wisps coming out of its arms, legs, and back of its head. You opened fire. The figure started manoeuvring , making its way closer and closer to you. You looked down at your gun, hands shaking, you needed to reload. As quickly as possible you reload your gun, but before you can look up again, you have a feeling. All courage and feeling is drained out of you, only fear remaining. You tuen around and start running. You notice all the others doing the same. But after a few moments of running,there was the sound of gunfire. Several rifles being fired at once. You look to your right, your comrades are being  killed as you ran. Then, you fall on your knees. You felt something on your back. It hurts. You then start crawling  forward  , trying to get  away. You look around, all your friends are around you, lying on the floor or on the walls, motionless. Fear is still rushing through your body, as you look up, and standing around you are… your friends? Glowing avatars of your dead friends, standing all around you. Then you realise… they shot me? You close your eyes and open them again. There it was, that Tenno. It stared down at you for a moment, then slowly raised its scythe, and then…. All goes black.

2. Sevagoth. You are on the corpus pillar. All crewman were going to their stations. The Tenno has breached the hull. They were coming.  You were on the way to the breach point, then the lights started flickering. In every direction, more crewman, a few nullifies, and a engineer were coming. You weren’t that good a fighter, the Tenno would probably kill you before you could shoot your first bullet. Then, the lights started flickering. You couldn’t handle it. You ran to the back of the group and hid behind a crate. You didn’t want to die… you just joined the corpus. Then the sound of walking came from the distance. You watched from behind the crate. You couldn’t really see what was approaching, but all the others started firing. Then, out of nowhere a hovering creature with claws bolted toward the crewman. It attacked them, shredding as many as it could, until fleeing through a portal. More and more crewman and corpus personell are coming. You feel heavy relief. There’s too many of us. They’ll kill any Tenno easily. I’m safe. But then, a figure started running from the darkness, and then everybody started firing again. Nothing seemed to hit it. It dashed towards a  group of crewman and planted something in the ground.  The crewman near it started screaming in agony, begging for help, until a few seconds after, they dropped to the floor. Then, suddenly you feel something, something around your waist. It was some sort of ring, slowing you and trying to restrain your movement. The figure started using its weapons, some sort of gun attached to its wrist and a melee weapon. A nullified ran towards it and the crewman fired every bullet the could. The figure dropped dead on the floor. It was over.. we killed the Tenno… but then there were more screams. You looked again, and saw that hovering creature again, bolting through the group of corpus personell, slowly ripping something out out of 5 different crewman. As it bolted through the group, 5 semi-transparent avatars of those crewman hovered in the air for a moment until disappearing. The physical body of those crewman dropped to the floor. The creature disappeared once more, and with horror the figure that was shot rose again. You looked away and just listened, slowly, until no sound of gunfire, screams, or movement remained. It was over? But what happened to the ten—. Your thoughts are interrupted by a slow walking sound. It’s moving closer, closer to where you were hiding. Then, the crates shot away towards the wall. You looked up, the figure, the Tenno was looking upon you. You started crawling away, begging for mercy, until it pointed its gun towards your face, and the last thing you saw, was a blast of light.

3. Limbo. Do you even need to ask? He literally traps you in an alternate dimension, where none of your friends can see you, where you can’t interact with anything. He can freeze you for eternity, or keep you in there until you die. He’ll send you to the opposite dimension, trap you there forever, or just kill you quickly. 

4. Harrow. No, no, no, no, no, no NO!. Just no. Hearing that rap tap tap would make me shoot myself in the head before he can do anything to me. 

Nyx’d be quite scary.

Though at the same time not. Because what was once a friend is now an enemy, and vice-versa; Nyx is no longer scary, she’s the safety that I fight for, the friend I’d die for. Her cause becomes my own, and I kill for it.

And then it wears off, and I’m surrounded by the bodies of those I called comrades, and I’m left with the horrible realisation that what I considered free will as I fought was nothing more than an extension of another’s, and I question if any of my actions were truely my own.

As the existential crisis that’s been thrust upon me overwhelms any sense of purpose I may have had, I’ll actually welcome the sweet release of the death that’s coming, because I’ve been shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that I never truely existed

edit: I love mind control 😋

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Capitalisation

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Wow, a two-year necro of a thread I replied in. This takes me back.

Oh yeah, and one I took the time to write some actual horror for, that takes me back...

Let's try another, why not?

On patrol, your HUD linked directly to the ship's progress monitor and counting every step and every efficient path you take, clocking your time and calculating even based on whether you're actively looking around for intruders and docking you seconds of pay if you lose focus for too long.

You look into one of the storage rooms, seeing only the softly glowing doors of lockers there and you turn to leave.

The HUD pings, it says... you've slowed down? But you're still walking, still watching everything, that's not right... The time on the clock is whirring by too fast, that's it, it must be a glitch, but before you can reach for your pad to diagnose the glitch, something flickers around you. The shadows are growing, the light is dimming. The end of the corridor is a long way away somehow.

Everything seems so much... less than it was. Less light, less vibrant, less like the ship you know. A blur of movement whips by and it looks like... no... that can't be. It looks like rags and tatters of cloth blown on a wind. Or... maybe pulled against the wind, like a kite. It flew by so fast that you didn't even catch it really, just... like a ghost.

You look down at your hand, and that's when it happens, a dull 'thump' behind you makes you try to turn, see what it was, and there's something... something wrong with your chest. Your heart is pounding, your gut is twisting, gnawing away at the rations you had before sleep, your bladder is heavy.

In pain, you look up and this time... This time, the ghost doesn't whip past you, it's just there. It's floating there in front of you as a long, pointed helmet, one you somehow know doesn't protect any kind of face beneath it, gazes at you. You take in the white cloth, the tattered edges, all the way down to the... the... You don't even feel your bladder empty, only hear the mechanical ping from the HUD that docks a little pay for the waste recycling function. Claws. Claws as big as your arm... Massive... hooked... claws.

It happened so fast that you didn't even register the pain at first. Like your nerves didn't even send the message to your brain in time. And, as the shadows draw ever closer, all you can see is a pair of boots, ones with your ID on them, and a headless body with your ID badge crumpling on top of them.

And your HUD... as it pings... 'Deceased.'

If we're talking realistically(relatively speaking of course)

Then Hydroid.

Sure, an invincible hell cat, necromancers, holy priest, and whatever weapons they wield are scary....but drowning is proven to be an excruciating and slow experience.

With nekros, you probably won't be aware as his slave(same with rev)

Grendal? You'll die faster via crushing before his stomach acids kill you.

Its not the fancy killers that are the scariest, its the slow, painful ones that are.

Nova creates a black hole? Meh, im more terrified of Valkyr ripping me apart while im still alive, or ember burning me to death, or garuda leaving me to slowly eb away while my blood is siphoned from my body.

Come at me with the mayhem of a harrow using tigris prime, at least it'll be quick.