The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what MR do I stop being considered a noob

BottyBOI

Question

3 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

At 28.

I'd argue MR 31.

For the OP, you dont get to not be considered a noob based on your MR. I've seen more than a few MR20+ players with 150 hours and 0 kills on two hundred weapons and frames who have no idea what they are doing.

To not be considered a noob in my eyes, you need to actually be capable of running more than 5 frames effectively, have a decent selection of weapons all capable of augmented-armor sortie 3 without corrosive projection assistance (ok, that might be more along vet lines but whatever), and be in a position where you can help coach a new player into not sucking.

Edited by Giantconch
  • Like 3

Stop being a noob, when you stop behaving like one. Some MR 20+'s probably still are.

In terms of first impressions, I usually average somebody as 'knows what they're doing' at mr 10. 15+ or more is 'probably experienced'.

People don't measure that (just) with MR. It varies a lot from person to person.

Personally, I consider someone a noob if they:

- Are low MR (single digit)
- Get downed constantly
- Don't know how to play spies
- Bring frames with invisibility to spy, but I guess that fits the item above as well.
- Waste time hacking unnecessary consoles in rescue
- Are dumb (not talking about understanding the game)
- Rush to the objective, but can't defend/hack it on their own
- Can't keep up with the team when going from point A to B (some max distance might apply)
- Can't use their frame/weapons efficiently, or got a crappy build (like bringing DPS frame to an Eidolon Hunt, but dealing less damage than a Trinity without Void Strike)
- Revive teammates with their operator when it's completely safe to do it with their warframe. It just shows they are not aware of their surroundings

I could come up with more, but that's probably enough.

• Like 1

MR is based on leveling weapons and passing the tests. It really hold very little on the "noob" title. Lots of players stop in the teens as they can now do all quests and use all weapons. Just because you are higher MR doesn't mean you know more about the game.

• Like 3

When you stop caring about MR but can casually epeen it in the face of those who care about it, you officially stop being a noob.

Just now, symisz said:

Once you disregard MR as an indication of skill. I've come across a couple MR 27 trash talk but haven't done a single eidolon hunt. XD

You can get MR 27 without mastering amps?

How does one build an amp efficiently without doing Eidolon hunt, though. I can't imagine farming voms my whole WF life.

31 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

I have met MR 27 players who simply rushed everything. Last one I met basically still doesn't know how to play warframes like Harrow or Chroma (to name a few).

It's never about the MR.

Does it matter if they can rush through everything faster than 99% of warframe players and they main volt/trinity at Eidolon and do profit taker with Inaros? XD

2 hours ago, uAir said:

Does it matter if they can rush through everything faster than 99% of warframe players and they main volt/trinity at Eidolon and do profit taker with Inaros? XD

I do Profit Taker with Inaros and 99% of the time have the most damage to boot. I always wonder in amazement what those 3 Chromas were doing the whole fight. I still can't figure it out. Same when I do public Tridolons, how is it that me as Trinity had more damage than you 3 Chromas put together? I guess I'm the real "NOOB" here for not just soloing the fights and continuing to carry.   

• Like 2

Being a noob is not about MR..its about if you know how to play the game and use your frame properly. 

I've seen MR5s out play MR25s...a lot of these 20+MRs rushed up there thinking its what you had to do. Not being a noob is knowing its not about MR, its about how well you play with others.