Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which melee weapons would you like added into Warframe?

TheGodofWiFi

Warframe has a huge variety of weapon types. Probably one of the most varied I have ever personally seen. Yet there are still more weapons that could be added. What weapon types are not currently present in the game that you want added in and why?

The two at the top of my list;

• Chakrams - Basically dual glaives in many ways. If anyone has every played the hidden gem Kingdoms of Amalur, you'll know how awesome these weapons can be. I think they would look/play amazing in Warframe too.
  • Dual Greatswords - Ever since Dark Souls 3, I've wanted dual greatswords in Warframe. Wielding two Galatine-sized swords at the same time would be awesome.

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

PhVzIap.jpg

We don't have Halberds in the game, do we? Also:

maternal GIF

We do not have halberds no. Those would be cool to see as well. I don't think DE could at lightsaber-like weapon into the game. Disney isn't sharing any of that pie with anyone but Egregious Arsehats sadly.

• Like 3

Kusarigama - double chained sickles

Spoiler

675px-Kusarigama.jpg

Pata - gauntlet sword (double variant would also be nice)

Spoiler

46817b57545593df003ab2e6b9a83d08--armour

Lantern shield - a buckler with a lantern inside to blind the oponent, and give light at night, and a sword to boot. It could blind an opponent or throw fire/energy at him. Very weird Italian weapon.

Spoiler

668169858cb178f0b92e77e549eef3b20dc7ab23

• Like 2

I’d like to see twin Nikanas personally with their own unique stance. 

Twin Nikanas could require two Nikanas, upgrade those to Twin Dragon Nikanas. Later they could do an akvasto Prime/aklex Prime kinda thing and make Twin Nikanas Prime.

• Like 4

Would enjoy using some weapons like: 

Tower Shield with heavy shield-bashing and potential to dash, knocking everything away Rhino style, while also acting as a perfect wall against dashing enemies themselves (Extra points if a Tower Shield can be used with a Gauss partner to make use of the blast procs).

Gauntlets as a heavy version of fists, dealing devastating but slow punches with a wave similar to Baruuk's Serene Storm. Thundering blows and maybe even allowing you to lift an enemy by the neck and use it as a meat shield.

Cards as a medium range, light weapon inspired by Tarock Thrown Blade Skin. Composed of multiple energy sheets that float around your warframe and follow slight movements as commands, causing multiple fast cuts per swipe in anyone caught in their path. Think Irelia from LoL

Ignition Blades as cumbersome weapons that upon achieving some goal become swift and wild weapons, hard to control but extremelly strong is the user knows how to use them

Edited by Xolot
  • Like 1

I agree with the op. I want dual great swords. It shouldn’t even be that hard to achieve! There’s still space between your hands and the ground to make normal dual blades longer and slower.

also a chainsaw.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Just one: 349d10f26681d7e38ca984b3cafae648.jpg

Redeemer and sarpa...

5 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Warframe has a huge variety of weapon types. Probably one of the most varied I have ever personally seen. Yet there are still more weapons that could be added. What weapon types are not currently present in the game that you want added in and why?

The two at the top of my list;

• Chakrams - Basically dual glaives in many ways. If anyone has every played the hidden gem Kingdoms of Amalur, you'll know how awesome these weapons can be. I think they would look/play amazing in Warframe too.
  • Dual Greatswords - Ever since Dark Souls 3, I've wanted dual greatswords in Warframe. Wielding two Galatine-sized swords at the same time would be awesome.

Meteor hammers.

They would crit like a whip but hurt like a heavy weapon.

5 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

We do not have halberds no. Those would be cool to see as well. I don't think DE could at lightsaber-like weapon into the game. Disney isn't sharing any of that pie with anyone but Egregious Arsehats sadly.

They can just add an Energy Blade also disney doesn't own the concept of energy blades or swords lol

• Like 2

Shield only melee, imagine dual wield it with secondaries and unique mechanic where the shield got charged up as we guard ourselves with it and then shoot an opticor like beam with charged attack when its charged up

• Like 1

Dual whips with a charge that grabs mobs like alurane from bayonetta 2.

More split weapons like the dark split sword that you can actually split/form mid mission, or something like a chain blade that you can go from sword to whip mid mission.

I would also second the comet hammers. We could have a charge attack where you swing it around and just mow the trash down around you while blocking shots at the cost of movement speed, and a stance that can sweep with combos but also throws the hammers out for heavy hits.

Lastly dual daggers that are actually good.