Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

immediate camping.. in survivaland

novalery

just to be clear this thread is not made to tell others how they should play their game... have fun anyway you like.

i've met many types of player in public survival.

1. players, who just like me, explore every nook and cranny of the map immediately when survival mission start.. there are those who do this slowly, room per room making sure that spawn rate is still high around him. there are also those who sprint all the way through..

2. players that immediately find a good camp but let others explore.. as if they knew that he/she'll be back to join them eventually.

3. players that insist others to camp with him/her, and rant via the chat for minutes when others started to "stray away".

4. players that persuade others to camp.. (mostly nekros or hydroid)

5. players that started to camp, but since others are moving from room to room, they end up joining..

there are several  others types (like players that immediately run to the extraction point and camp there.)

personally, if you ask me why do i not camp in one area immediately after the mission started... other then to find that sweet camping spot is for stuff like this:

Spoiler

R98KWwg.jpg?1

ayatan star and sculpture, rare materials, and in some rare occasion one of those rare glowing and humming container..

so which types are you?

The player who goes into a survival relic mission and gets exasperated that I have to run around like an idiot because people are splitting the enemy spawns by 200+ meters meaning I have to spend more time bullet jumping between rooms than actually fighting just to actually crack my relic in time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

The player who goes into a survival relic mission and gets exasperated that I have to run around like an idiot because people are splitting the enemy spawns by 200+ meters meaning I have to spend more time bullet jumping between rooms than actually fighting just to actually crack my relic in time. 

I don't support camping in a spot, but I have a hard time understanding why people don't stay in the room where the capsules spawn. Who doesn't want affinity eh?

• Like 2

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

I don't support camping in a spot, but I have a hard time understanding why people don't stay in the room where the capsules spawn. Who doesn't want affinity eh?

It isn't so bad when people split it between two rooms or something like that, but I've had runs I have had to leave because of just how far apart everyone was, I had 4/10 reactant at 5 minutes because it was dropping so far away I would have needed to be a Max Speed Volt to get to them in time.

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Couldn't have said it better.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

It's okay to stay in one big room where enemies come from all sides, this is the most fun.. but it's ok to change scenery from time to time and switch rooms, but the most important thing is to stay together..

ahhh the ideal camping ground...yeah... this is why don't like to camp in a dead end room.

I go to the first life support spawn and stay there until I want to extract or I have to use the support and there isn't a new one nearby so I have to move to another area. For some reason I find the mindless slaughter while staying in a relatively small area extremly fun in survival, but I dislike defence missions 😄

As a Loot Nekros player, there is nothing I hate more than people who run through the entire map without settling in a single spot once. It makes my existence obsolete. So now I run survivals exclusively solo, or with friends.

Edited by Blexander

If I'm doing survival fissure missions, I'll try to stay near the other players, to ensure that most of the fissures are nearby. Once the relic cracks, I'm off, though. (And when we get a new relic, I return to the fold.) If we're getting close to a deadline, and I see a player's only got 4 reactant, and I'm near a lot, I'll try to mark it for them.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

The relics seem to attach to one player. You can look at who had the most relics go to him fill up fast and wonder the map after. Takes max 2 out of the 5 minutes you have. Then zoom around opening boxes and clear the map.

I got a simple solution, I camp because it is optimal but if I get too many hallway heroes I will just let them realize we aren't getting any life support and that's it, is not like I have to force them to play the way I do but at least that would teach them the consequences of straying too far from the team, if they want to explore the whole level then survival is not the optimal game mode to do that and there is no good reason to do so (thanks to how DE makes their drop tables.)

There's actually numerous problems with the way you play in public. Please stick with your squad in relic survival especially! I'm also not going to tell you how to play, but maybe how you should. To put it simply, just play solo or make sure your squad is okay with the way you're gonna do it before the mission - since it intimately inconveniences others. But once again, just my opinion. It's up to you.

Me? Mission starts (usually solo) , find a good tile for the current loadout, quickly explore on the way to extraction... Guess that's it, already have more stars than I know what to do with, aiatans... Could always have more, even if just for the plat or the random NW "challenge", there's a reason I call them "pwety tic-tacs" 😛

In case some newbie in the clan needs some resources or leveling, sure, but I tend to avoid public survivals... Sadly too much crying due to misinformation for my own taste when I am able to go endlessly solo no problems 😕

Cheers

Only problem I have is when I don't get 10 reactant in 5 minutes in fissures, otherwise I don't really care as long as life support is maintained at a comfortable level like 50%+ 100% of the time.  Don't go into survival to rank up gear usually anyhow, rather do it at hydron where I'm basically guaranteed the affinity.  

I would honestly rather camp and get flooded with spawns than run around looking for something to kill because someone is spinning around like an idiot forcing spawns multiple rooms behind because 99% of players don't actually understand the spawning mechanics. 

At least in higher level stuff anyway.

Edited by TheGuyver

Though if you want to get a good place to "camp" in Survivals, you find the room with the most doorways into other corridors to increase the spawn rate. Dead-end rooms are the worst, and camping the capsules isn't always the best idea. And Hallway Heroes (those that just run all over) are the ticks of Survival missions.

Doesn't matter if you're only going to wave 20-30, but if you're planning for longer runs, picking your spot is key. Though usually one does this with friends, so they know the drill and also optimize frame choices between them. So map running with friends is fine. They probably know you're going to and make allowances. In Public, it's just rude.

imo, the only thing more cancer than Public Survival is Public Spy.

For casual 20 min and 40 min rotations, there's no problem running around.  For endurance runs you are going to want to camp, because the spawns will be so messed up you literally won't be able to kill stuff fast enough to keep up.  The whole point of camping (and camping in a good spot) is to optimize the spawns AND force all the spawns into one choke so you can maintain high kills per second.  Also another thing to consider, if the team is camped up in one spot, and if you let all the life support spots fill, when it does come time to use one, you can use the one close to the group.  Then when the next spawns it will have no other place to spawn but that one spot.  Keeps it easier for the group in case of an emergency.

4 hours ago, Swamarian said:

If I'm doing survival fissure missions, I'll try to stay near the other players, to ensure that most of the fissures are nearby. Once the relic cracks, I'm off, though. (And when we get a new relic, I return to the fold.) If we're getting close to a deadline, and I see a player's only got 4 reactant, and I'm near a lot, I'll try to mark it for them.

This is what I do. Set up around the life support until all 10 reactant are grabbed then I'm off to explore and loot. When the rotation ends I join the group again. 

Sitting in 1 spot is boring and I'm usually the one finding stars and sculptures so I have no plans of doing different.