Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are too quick to hate something new, IE Combat Discipline

Dr.Tursko

I wont lie, the second I saw that arcane, i was bewildered.

But when you take a step back and think, you realize that you can make new and interesting builds with this. It just requires the right frame.

Thats right, DE wants you to try something new. Your meta build will just burn you out, 

Combat discipline will work great with Barruk, or even with Inaros/Nidus. You can heal yourself easily while also making it so you get energy from Hunter Adrenaline. 

What other builds do you think could work with these new arcanes and auras?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Or you know, imagine that people just can have different tastes?

You like it, I hate it. 

That's not too hard to imagine isn't it?

Nope, I get that. it just feels alot of people see it without trying it and dismiss it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.Tursko said:

But when you take a step back and think, you realize that you can make new and interesting builds with this. It just requires the right frame.

Thats right, DE wants you to try something new. Your meta build will just burn you out, 

Combat discipline will work great with Barruk, or even with Inaros/Nidus. You can heal yourself easily while also making it so you get energy from Hunter Adrenaline. 

New mods same content. I don’t think me changing my build for 1000 times is gonna help

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Nope, I get that. it just feels alot of people see it without trying it and dismiss it.

So, my next question to you is why do you specifically care? Out of curiosity, this is. 

If you like it, use it. Let those who want to hate it, hate it. 

Everyone is happy ish. Life goes on. Nothing you'll say here would change anyone's mind if they already decided that they hate the thing. 

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

So, my next question to you is why do you specifically care? Out of curiosity, this is. 

If you like it, use it. Let those who want to hate it, hate it. 

Everyone is happy ish. Life goes on. Nothing you'll say here would change anyone's mind if they already decided that they hate the thing. 

I just hate to see everyone bash DE but at the same time I want DE to listen.

I dunno. Me being over sensitive. Just ignore me lol 

• Like 1

It's just people want to get something useful out of arbys with this round. Seemingly beyond some meme usages nothing of it is good. On top of that combat discipline ignores all form of death prevention which just goes to show how little testing DE actually did with this aura.

• Like 3

Combat Discipline: Allies gain 20 Health when they make a kill, but the aura bearer loses 10 Health when the bearer makes a kill. Mhh okay... Let's see what other Aura mods exists...

Corrosive Projection: Aura mod that reduces armor for all enemies in a mission by 30%. Whoa... This one seems to be pretty good. 

My conclusion is that I don't like that new Aura. It's bad. Or maybe Corrosive Projection is just too strong. ^__^

• Like 1

I asked my friend's opinion about the Aura and this said "Just ignore it. By that I mean: It's okay to have it but using it for now... Is not okay. Just have it ready in case it gets changes. Quite honestly there are far better aura mods available and if you even want healing for team mates. Have Trinity in the squad... I mean... Trinity already does all the healing so well that you can just forget about that aura mod"

Inaros can still make incredible use of it as a support frame if he sits there devouring high HP targets that just don't want to die from his little nibbles over time... while the whole team gets their health restored as they kill stuff. I mean, people complain about not being useful when a map-clearing frame is around... now they can contribute without killing (your killing is actively punished by the mod, while your team's is rewarded.)

most people just want to make their existing build better, this might be good for new players who still try to experiment with stuff, but the majority of people dont want to bother with it, they dont want to change their build, and honestly the aura is VERY situational, first you need constant health regen for it to be useful, or another teammate with it, which probably not going to happen, and if you use it wit ha frame like saryn then you might aswell just say bye bye to your life, because it works with kills from abilities, which means, a nukeframe just end up killing you

the mod is a missed oppurtinity i think, it goes against what the game tries to be, which is just, kill as many enemies as possible

the aura would be amazing if it didnt kill you, or it uses shield aswell, before your health

or just, not remove health from you, at all, i dont think that 20hp/kill i a lot, without any negative effect, especially since we got arcanes which alredy have a superior healing, and they dont take up an aura slot, and can be used with any frame or build

if it was a flat heal on kill with no drawback (even if it was like 10hp/kill) i think this mod would be so much better, especially against infested, it would enable weaker builds here with relatively small heath, because now they can counter the toxic clouds with just killing some enemy (until it just one shots you), i honetly would use this on most of my frame

1 hour ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Aerodynamics could work in a coordinated team. Swift Momentum seems useable. Everything else is gimmicky at best and obstructive at worst.

Combat Desciplin is the most terrible mod in the entire game, ever. Not only is it harmfull, if you are the sole user, it also ignores usual game rules like bleedout state or death protection. This mod is completely broken. But now every leecher will have an actuall excuse to AFK in a corner. Freaking briliiant!

A. Bodyguard is a total joke.

New weapon arcanes clearly encourage gun - melee playstyle, but meager 20% proc chance for 8 seconds is just restrictive and cannot compete with A. Fury or A. Rage.

A. Pistolier seemed interesting, unitl I saw 30% proc chance and 4, four, seconds runtime.

DoA additions.

• Like 2

I don't see any particular use for it. I can't see a scenario where it'd have a marked advantage for any warframe I typically use over what they already have.

Nevertheless, like all mods, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. Things do change. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Tursko said:

It's not an arcane, it's a mod.

People who much smarter and experienced than me IMMEDIATELLY saw that this won't work properly. You kill 10 enemies with one hit and you supposed to be able to be saved by quick thinking... Someone tried it out and it didn't work. Thus the whole logic is flawed, means DE didn't think this through properly...

One reason for the hate and furious backlash.

Second is that it's gimmickie (boy I use this word nowadays on Warframe forum A LOT) and Arbi supposed to be end game content... Not for finicky rewards but proper end game rewards.

That's one more reason why the hate and frustration comes toward D.E.

I stop now, though it's very easy to see why veterans are outraged and I feel their frustration (again). I left the game for 1-1.5 years and this was exactly the reason. The new content is blatant, or meaningless for a veteran, there is nothing to do and boring.

Edited by 40PE

The problem is that we already have more powerful choices than the ones DE keep making up. Anybody can argue that "it's a side grade", it isn't meant to be better than what we already got.

You can argue that DE keeps on doing things without the community's input in question, nobody ever asked for these mods to be created:

Aerodynamics is useful on maybe Wisp or Titania, maybe also Zephyr;
Swift Momentum is useless;
I laugh on Shepherd;
Combat Discipline was talked about already, it's crap;
Melee Guidance is just... I have nothing to say, nobody who plays melee properly will even bother if you bring this, they're already using Naramon themselves;

About the arcanes:
Primary Charger probably will have some uses but very situational ones;
Blade Charger is the same;
Pistoleer and Bodyguard are useless;
Tanker will probably see some use in Profit Taker but I don't see it being used anywhere else, I could be wrong though;

Like seriously, I sometimes wonder who even thinks on most of these and who approves these ideas. They play their own game even so I'm dumbfounded...

I'm probably making a bigger fuss than what is worth but this same crap applies to Disruption when it came out, I am yet to see ANYONE that remotely thinks about those Amalgam mods that drop on the Ropalolyst as "useful".

The one thing that was actually decent on the new Arbitration changes is that now I can make a ton of Vitus Essences and buy 10k Kuva after 8 waves of whatever I'm doing. It's an ok Kuva farm I guess.

Now I'm actually left to wonder what the heck are they gonna have as rewards for Railjack (whenever that actually comes out). Here's hoping it's something like "Arcane Clown: Do an emote for 30% chance of +120% Sniper Damage", I'd probably use that for Eidolons.

Edited by _Kiro

It's sorta like the Peculiar Mod idea they had, except it does something good for the team.
I think the Peculiar Mod idea wasn't the greatest (showing off how OP you are, by replacing a useful mod with a useless one...)

Getting creative in finding Niche uses:
It could be used by a team going through certain Nightmare Nodes with "No Shields" and such, so everyone can keep their HP up with kills.

As I mentioned, an Inaros could support a new friend by not killing stuff, and providing them with healing while they complete nodes on their own (mostly.) Healing is not an easy thing to do for a new player without all the options available to vets. (Oberon would be an easy helper too, but would have to stay close enough to heal, and would feel more hand-holdy, rather than letting the other player feel like they're accomplishing things on their own, just with backup if things get hairy.)

That's the sort of area Combat Discipline falls into, IMO. I haven't given the others much thought yet.

2 hours ago, Dr.Tursko said:

That’s why it’s a mod and not an arcane.

Sounds niche, but comfortably so. I pretty often play as frames who are known to provide more healing to themselves than they really need (Harrow, Oberon, Wisp, Garuda, Gara with augment), so an Aura like this helps to keep the healing on squadmates who step outside the limits of my ability-based heals. I don't have this mod yet, but for certain support builds (mostly just support Gara) I could see this coming in handy, situationally.