Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

The Kuva Lich system is a great concept and for the most part, executed well.  But there needs to be a MASSIVE boost to the amount of information you gain from each murmur.  I've killed DOZENS of his minions on over a DOZEN missions, all on Pluto, which makes it not easy to do, and I haven't even filled up the FIRST circle!!!  This is WAAAY too much of a grind for information on what order the mods need to be on my Parazon in order to kill him.  It's making it so that it's not worth it.  It would also be nice if the Kuva Lich's influence extended to more than one planet. 

You aren't there yet.

It's about 50 enemies per completed murmur.  Once you down one planet you suddenly get a bunch of others (I got four, starting from Saturn).  I'd recommend an extended stay life support build and going to town on infinite spawns.  

Also....the enemies all scale up.  Being on Pluto doesn't matter.  I was in a mission where a level 95 bombard spawned as a source of information.  It only gets worse from there.

1 minute ago, master_of_destiny said:

It's about 50 enemies per completed murmur. 

That's WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much grind.  Especially since the enemies scale up as you go along.  Not one of the new "Kuva" weapons is worth that amount of grind, so it defeats the purpose. 

The implementation in Shadow of War and even Shadow of Mordor was way better.  If it wasn't this bad of a grind, I would actually enjoy it.  

3 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

That's WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much grind.  Especially since the enemies scale up as you go along.  Not one of the new "Kuva" weapons is worth that amount of grind, so it defeats the purpose. 

The implementation in Shadow of War and even Shadow of Mordor was way better.  If it wasn't this bad of a grind, I would actually enjoy it.  

So we are clear, that's why I'm suggesting you have just barely started.

I finished one murmur, and about a third of a second before the lich exploded across the system.

Now I have to run through levelled other missions, and get the 70+ remaining murmurs (wait until you get an interception with the lich spawning and the informants being downed but preventing you from capturing a point).  Then once I get that, I have to grind relics to get the appropriate mods for the parazon.  Then once that's done I have between 1 and 6 runs on the lich itself (since you don't know the order, there's 6 possible combinations).

Once the lich dies, I use three charges from the parazon mods.  One from each fragment.  Welcome back to an infinite grind for uncommon relic drops that are not guaranteed on kuva floods and siphons.

Now consider that the liches spawn like crazy on grineer tile sets.  I guess once I get the content I just stop playing regular grineer missions, because wiping a larvling is so easy it's almost accidental.  Moreover, no stealth runs.  The larvling poping up on a level, or the Juggernaut, means those rivens and challenges requiring stealth also require a Corpus tileset.  Yeah, whomever made that decision really didn't talk to anybody else.  Especially when they just justified a Catchmoon nerf by saying there's no player choice,  but forcing a silent extermination on Corpus only tilesets...kinda seems like a stupid double standard from where I sit.

Do you see how a good idea (an adversary system) has been realized as an infinite and crushing grind for weapons which no matter how amazing don't warrant the effort?  Moreover, how you can mathematically run through this arduous process multiple times, getting the same random weapon (the community already demonstrated the buff is based on the progenitor warframe), and be frustrated by the grind wall and RNG basically being a middle finger and requirement to spend real money on the relics because otherwise it's just a painful grind that lops off huge parts of the star chart because....reasons?  This is the poorest implementation of a concept I could imagine, because of all the broken garbage leading up to it.  If this somehow gets a Corpus counterpart there'll literally be no reason to play anymore.  

I stated before that the lich system is broken.  Others have agreed, and cited dozens of other issues.  This though, was the delayed and still born mainline update.  Any hope I had that railjack will be anything but a sh**show after two years in development just died, and tastes of ash in my mouth.  I see why people are already grinding this, and why nearly a thousand platinum makes sense to spend, but stretching the content out like this is...an insult.  It blatantly shows contempt for the player base chewing through content, by introducing grind that makes Dungeon Keeper mobile seem reasonable by comparison.

So how is Dungeon Keeper mobile doing?  You remember, that game that allowed you to wait 24 hours to mine a block or pay real money....kinda like forma.  Oh right, that game died miserably because the monetization outstripped the fun.  That was just because it was EA....right?

This is why I believe the system is broken.  Why people are angry.  Hopefully, it's also why DE is quiet and hasn't so much as made an official post to the pages of frustrated players 3 hotfixes in.  A hotfix isn't going to fix this...and hopefully DE isn't stupid enough to push this to consoles.  Their semi-direct gambling (go buy relic packs) is getting pretty transparent, and it'd be a shame if all those interviews talking about how the free to play is fair were capped off by formal inquiry into gambling.  This transparent of a requirement for the gambling and RNG mechanics seem like an effort to test the player base, though I'd love to see MS, Sony, and Nintendo backpedal through how they aren't supporting gambling while RNG rewards can be purchased with real money from the store are a core component of Warframe.

Any way we can get it so we can refresh a Lich's weapons, or at least keep our mod charges if we convert instead of kill so we don't have to farm them back up because we got a lich with the same weapon a bunch of times in a row?

A couple of bugs I've noticed with this patch, in increasing order of irritation:

1) The Grineer seem to freeze up with anxiety when operating Ramparts now.  Poor things.

2) I THINK that using Revenant's Enthrall on a Lich bypasses the trigger for the Secret Mercy, thus allowing them to be "killed" immediately and disappearing, but the music still plays

3) DRAHK MASTERS STEAL MY WEAPONS AND THEY DON'T DROP AND REVIVING DOESN'T FIX IT!

47 minutes ago, -HM-Kanbaru_Suruga said:

Comne on guys... Kuva floods still not 100% req relic drops... 

I believe the floods drop relics, just don't show them on the end of mission screen, but they show up in your inventory anyway.

The murmur grind needs to be addressed. Maybe have it so whenever you fight your lich, you get a big number of murmurs, like 20 (or 10 if the whole squad gets them, if giving them to individuals creates too many problems). Those guys spawn whenever they feel like it anyway.

@[DE]Megan few more glitches, after hacking screen gets stuck cant move pov , things going missing in inventory orbiter visits leaves the ramp missing(again) when in melee (not switching to melee) can't switch to primary or secondary, vasca (floofs ) cant be moved once placed ( no way to track STOLEN RSS from kuva lich) all my Orikin cells 400+ just gone no sign where it has gone to please please!!! fix

On 2019-11-01 at 10:42 PM, GA-Bulletproof said:
    • .g. Clone Ability: Lets Vauban Clone his Sentinel (scales with PS) 2x at Base. Imagine 4 Helios at 200% PS. That your turret right there!
  • Ember's 2 increases too fast after using her 4 <-- lowered

• WHY CAN'T WE HAVE 4 SENTINELS!!! That would be awesome.

• My problem with Ember is that, yes her 2 increases to quick and it starts draining your energy when full. So you have to CONSTANTLY cast her 3 to lower the gauge and that ALSO use energy. So you need to constantly spend energy on an ability to STOP another ability from consuming energy!!! It makes NO sense.

Enemies that should be exempt from getting turned to Lich Thralls:

-Latchers (the roller grenades of the grineer)

-Inaros created Sandsoldiers (as they are friendlies and cant be attacked)

-Regulators (the fun party baloons of the grineer just plop to death as thralls)

On a side note grineer manics can be okay, but sometimes jump away right before dying so you have to possibly go several hundred meters back in the mission to collect them.

Please, make it so trying to kill a Lich awards extra murmurs, or gate murmur progression to Lich level.

It's becoming a pain already to have randoms on public who don't attempt their Liches in order to keep their level low while farming the murmurs, effectively blocking anyone else trying to kill theirs.

This has always worked like this, but I didn't really notice it until we got the tabs in the arsenal.  Having a button there for the vehicles right next to the rest of the buttons makes it seem like they're part of the same weapons loadout.  So, I tried to assign Frost the Amesha loadout and Harrow, the Itzal loadout, but whenever I'd switch between their weapon loadouts, I'd always end up with the last vehicle loadout I've selected in-game.  I'd like to be able to set each warframe up with a specific vehicle loadout.  Imagine being able to assign each warframe their own Archwing, Arch-weapons or K-Drive with different configurations and custom colors.  You could just grab the Harrow loadout and have it already set up with the Itzal loadout so you don't end up accidentally taking the Amesha to an Eidolon hunt.  Please and thank you!!

Archived