The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do the lack of dev streams concern you?

InsuranceFraud

Duviri and New War are too lore-heavy to show much about.

As for Railjack, maybe they just don't have anything to show that we've not yet seen in the Tennocon demos. There's probably also plenty of stuff they want to keep as a surprise.

Just now, Pr1A said:

Duviri and New War are too lore-heavy to show much about.

As for Railjack, maybe they just don't have anything to show that we've not yet seen in the Tennocon demos. There's probably also plenty of stuff they want to keep as a surprise.

Either way due to the long await of said gamemodes and expansions the community is going to be more and more critical as time goes on about these things well.... because we’ve waited so long so they better be darn good. Vs them communicating to us what we should expect were fed hype and get more and more disappointed once’s it drops after hype dies or it’s not a good as hyped (usually both) they do need to communicate with us more. If not through streams through more post so things can be conveyed properly and make things more productive for everyone  

I think it's better to limit those devstreams, our community is way too speculative over something on devstream and keep screaming to release things faster whenever they show progression because it looks "complete enough to launch" and complain they're not making things fast enough while hyping like mad.

Also, spoilers since some might go "not interesting, I already see this from devstream" so better keep things for themselves for a while. It's not like things will improve over regular stream and people will go "when new content?"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Either way due to the long await of said gamemodes and expansions the community is going to be more and more critical as time goes on about these things well.... because we’ve waited so long so they better be darn good. Vs them communicating to us what we should expect were fed hype and get more and more disappointed once’s it drops after hype dies or it’s not a good as hyped (usually both) they do need to communicate with us more. If not through streams through more post so things can be conveyed properly and make things more productive for everyone  

What exactly would they communicate, though? They probably don’t want to spoil anything that happens in those expansions. A rework or new tile set they can show off, but story stuff works better if they keep it secret

• Like 2

I'd prefer less talk about far away big picture projects and a bit more CONCRETE talk about the current state (melee, reworks, new game modes, ...)

I'd be worried if they don't have anything to say about the feedback on Ember/Vauban reworks. Except the "Anthem/Bioware" trademark "we're listening to your feedback" 

• Like 1

No it doesn't, but I'm assuming it is because a) they are working on stuff, b) holidays happen to land on / near Dev stream dates and c) there has been a lot of travelling to gaming events. And if there isn't anything new to show about New War or Railjack I'd rather have the team working those than show us the same stuff and answer the same questions they did last time.

P.S. I feel like DE has too many projects going on at the same time. Would be better to do new content -> bug fixes / balance / reworks -> repeat so they can actually focus on the things that need change and improvements and how the new stuff will fit in with the rest of it. Now it kinda feels like stuff is just thrown in as bits and pieces and in the end it doesn't fit or needs a ton of adjusting (aka extra work).

Edited by Leyvonne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pallie said:

After all this time railjack has been in development, shouldn't they have something.

I imagine that after seeing how badly ruined melee was after the first phase of changes, and how even 8 months later it's still worse than when it started, I'm kinda hoping that they've pushed everything aside in favour of making a fundamental core mechanic of the gameplay actually work again. Maybe some time towards the end of 2020 we'll have a system which at least matches what we had at the beginning of melee 2.0, then they can perhaps divert their attention to something different.

7 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

Is this concerning to anyone else?

Not really, no. They're focusing on hotfixes for Old Blood and content for the future.

4 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

2020: 5 Dev Streams 

2021: 3 Dev Streams

20221 Dev Streams 

2023: Warframe server shutdown

Unlikely.

• Like 4

I'd rather see them doing Devstreams only when they actually have new & interesting things to show off, that they can do it without spoiling too much.

Devstreams are cool because they are special, and for the most part, always with interesting stuff.

If they start to do filler streams just to fill calendar, that stops being the case.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

C'mon bro, you know that's bullS#&$. It's literally 1 hour every 2 weeks and 5 staff members max. 

And servel key staff members attend devstreams that work on warframe, would you rather the employees work on the game or sit on a livestream when you are crunching to get a update or fixes out?

When most devstreams are canceled it's either holidays or vacation reasons or most of the time of working on updates that they can't spare an hour.

8 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

Maybe we’re just spoiled, Im used to DE keeping us mostly in the loop. This year it feels like, especially since Tenno con, we’ve had very little information on certain topics. Rail and New War have been pretty much radio silence with the occasional art asset on streams. Planes of Duviri is probably 2021 at this point. 

2018: 21 Dev Streams 

2019: 10 Dev Streams 

It seems like things are just really slowing down. 

Is this concerning to anyone else? The radio silence on Railjack and New War especially seems troublesome. Feels like we may not see either until next year. 

Of course it is concerning.

I mean, not only we didn't get any content update this year, we also haven't seen a proper roadmap, except for the new open world, which doesn't have a release date.

Railjack and New war were covered in last years dev streams. 

DE should have something up their sleeve for next year, because it won't survive another year of content draught.

Not at all.

I'd rather see content updates and read about it in-game.

Streams are a waste of resources. They only cater to a small subset of players that are invested in millennial communication avenues.

I'd rather see a deep dive video than watch those 2 chicks play with controllers again.

9 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

Maybe we’re just spoiled, Im used to DE keeping us mostly in the loop. This year it feels like, especially since Tenno con, we’ve had very little information on certain topics. Rail and New War have been pretty much radio silence with the occasional art asset on streams. Planes of Duviri is probably 2021 at this point. 

2018: 21 Dev Streams 

2019: 10 Dev Streams 

It seems like things are just really slowing down. 

Is this concerning to anyone else? The radio silence on Railjack and New War especially seems troublesome. Feels like we may not see either until next year. 

Them doing more means nothing if all they'll do is say and show the same stuff over and over.