Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

1 hour ago, Marinara19 said:

Forums : I love this game I want to see it succeed.

Also forums: If they don't listen to me they are doing it wrong and their game will completely fail cause I rather go to destiny 2 and be leveled up to 80 as soon as I login to see "new content" rather than playing this game. However I love this game but only when DE listens to my complaints which directly conflict with others complaints and since we are both complaining we should both be listened too, only then will demaketherightchoicebecauseotherwisethechoicestheymakearebadlikenerfingmeleesowedontoneshotlichesorscalingourdamagetonittrivializethenewcontenttheyreleaseinfactiwantthenewcontenttohavepowercreepsoitgateslowbiesoutmymissiomeventhowedonthaveatraditionallevelingsystemandhowdaretheyputformaonanythingiwantmynewweaponsnowiwantthemmasterednowsoicanfoallthecontentnowsoihavemoretimetoplaydestiny2

But I love Warframe.

Also fourms: Everything is fine your just wrong.

Edited by Fire2box

On 2019-11-10 at 6:16 PM, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Im on PS4 still waiting for it. lololol

23 hours ago, Trapkin said:

Kind of sad looking at all this doom sayers, but i got used to them, they are in every game. Just because you did not liked it, doesnt make it a bad update for the rest. Just because you see ONLY the steam numbers drop, doesnt mean thats all the data. Just because you see "a lot" of players pissed at the update, doesnt mean is ALL of the players, im sure a lot are enjoying it.

People will keep complaining, Warframe this, Warframe that, only because it is not meeting their expectations. I wonder why those ppl still play a game that does not meet their expectations and keep bashing it in their forums, trying to incite the mob mentality, and rally more people to their side.

Personally, i have not seen a game that updates this often, patches errors and quickly acts based on player feedback ( they made the lich system optional, so if you still think is just garbage, then dont make a lich right? simple! just wait till there is lich trading so you can have what you want)

Most of the games are either in zombie mode, being maintained by the whales, or have incompetent devs that have zero communication with the playerbase, and even some that are published by some VERY incompetent publishers that have no idea what they are doing as the face of the devs, have zero knowledge of the game they are publishing, and only keep pushing updates to their shop that are extremely pay to win and predatory.

There are a few places where Warframe could definitely improve, but i wont judge a game based only on just ONE update.

You aren’t wrong...in very general terms.

However,

The flip side is to bury your head in the sand and ignore metrics and the divisive choices made for “just one update” that is over 2 years in the making.

Bigger updates between longer breaks mean very dangerous “boom or bust” potential in terms of expectation for those players who keep the game alive with their real, hard-earned money.

Entire games are made in this amount of time.

It’s not just about STEAM numbers.  Players may continue to play but not feel it is rewarding enough to PAY.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Well, that would be true, if the devs actually put effort and passion into the project. The most recent example of this not being really the case? Anthem. It was in development for 7 years, SEVEN YEARS, and the final product turned out to be a disappointment, and even worse, it now has ceased updates "until further notice" This is EA we talking about. If anthem failed to bring money, they wont work on it anymore, so is just false hope.

Warframe was in development for a similar amount of time. It started as a game that no one cared about much, but DE kept pumping content, week by week. the game that people said it would fail, is now one of the most successful ones out there.

A game like Warframe or Anthem would need more than just 2 years to make from zero.

4 hours ago, Fire2box said:

I've proven I like Warframe a lot more. 3,000+ hours, MR 28, missing only 7 achivements (kdrive stuff mostly IIRC) and here you're trying to say I don't like Warframe. 

You say you like warframe a lot more by comparing your time over years to a month of your destiny time after the migration to steam isn't convincing at all.

Plus, you don't look like you like warframe more when your previous comments are like this

15 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Only because they knew they had to. Or even worse they made it worse from the outset intentionally so, that people can be like "Nah see they fixed it, they listen".  Meanwhile when Fortuna launched there was a topic about time gating mastery rank and it was never met with a single reply from DE ever. Despite the fact it was the most viewed, highest comment of the fortuna feedback section. 

The only time anyone from DE talked about it was because Tactical Potato directly asked Sheldon on a VOIP interview and only because Tactical potato's community asked him to.

6 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Kinda weird how Destiny 2 has 2-3 times the players of Warframe at any one moment then eh? Or are your thoughts just subjective, not objective?

6 hours ago, Fire2box said:

the peak of what 86k? lasted a hour. 

unknown.png

Also at the same exact time destiny still have twice as many. unknown.png

5 hours ago, Fire2box said:

This topic isn't about the health of Destiny 2, it's about the state of Warframe. Warframe never came close to 130k in middle of october it's been 55k at best. https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#3m

but yes. Destiny 2 generally sees about 100k players on at any given time. It's consistently in the top 5 on Steam. unknown.png

Literally are not and Steam Chart shows this. 

And if we want to play the " Welllllllll, not everyone plays on steam." We can do exactly the same with Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is cross save across all platforms after all. 

Since you want to use a website I've never heard of I will too. unknown.png

Why does july 2018 sound familiar in Warframe? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice

Even Warframe isn't in top 10 on Xbox, not even sorting via free games. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-free/games/xbox

You two can post screenshots too but you won't because the statics are easily proven to show a decline. it happens with every single warframe update since I've started again in September 2017. 

Warframe isn't going to die, that's not what I've ever said. Feel free to quote me on any post here on the WF fourms, on reddit or anywhere else I've ever said such a thing. Because I never have. the entire purpose of this topic is a update releases and quickly loses player interest. That is all it is. But the second anyone proves the point it's "Nah fam, they are just not playing it on Steam is all. that's all" 

Then, you ask this?

My question is why are you so concerned about Destiny's numbers when this topic isn't even about it at all. 

You brought it first

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

You say you like warframe a lot more by comparing your time over years to a month of your destiny time after the migration to steam isn't convincing at all.

Plus, you don't look like you like warframe more when your previous comments are like this

Then, you ask this?

You brought it first

I see you ignore the post where I listed at least half a dozens to improve warframe for veteran and new players alike. Clearly I loathe warframe right? 

As for everything else you needlessly quoted those conversations have came and went. 

Edited by Fire2box

8 minutes ago, Trapkin said:

Well, that would be true, if the devs actually put effort and passion into the project. The most recent example of this not being really the case? Anthem. It was in development for 7 years, SEVEN YEARS, and the final product turned out to be a disappointment, and even worse, it now has ceased updates "until further notice" This is EA we talking about. If anthem failed to bring money, they wont work on it anymore, so is just false hope.

Warframe was in development for a similar amount of time. It started as a game that no one cared about much, but DE kept pumping content, week by week. the game that people said it would fail, is now one of the most successful ones out there.

A game like Warframe or Anthem would need more than just 2 years to make from zero.

Anthem didn't start active devlopmemnt on game until maybe 2 years before launch. The years before that it was just Bioware infighting on what "Dylan" should be. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You aren’t wrong...in very general terms.

However,

The flip side is to bury your head in the sand and ignore metrics and the divisive choices made for “just one update” that is over 2 years in the making.

Bigger updates between longer breaks mean very dangerous “boom or bust” potential in terms of expectation for those players who keep the game alive with their real, hard-earned money.

It’s not just about STEAM numbers.  Players may continue to play but not feel it is rewarding enough to PAY.

Spiders made Greedfall with 50 people in 3 years. I'm expecting my mind to be blown when Empyrean, New War and the Duviri Paradox comes out.

3 hours ago, Fire2box said:

There's been discussion after discussion, video after video of what players want in Warframe. There's a on going discussion right now of what someone wants new war to be vs what they expect we'll get. There's never been a shortage of ideas. 

This topic isn't about "How do we improve warframe" it's about declining player numbers. 

You want some simple ideas? 

DE hires more staff that way updates are more then just tennogen round _____ and DE made skins. Though they already have 300 staffers. 

> What makes more people means updates are more than just tennogen and DE made skins? What is the base behind this?

Make the 3rd orb fight rather then ignoring it's existence. 

> Someone said that the third orb will be a trifecta of Profit-Taker and Exploiter, and I have submitted my concept

improve the lich system let us reroll lich weapons with kuva. Let us destroy the lich gun so it has to get a new one for one we might actually want. 

> That means more use of kuva? We have our kuva addicts screaming not enough kuva and it's better not to make more junkies like that

let us buy charges on empty lich mods for 5k kuva for one charge vs the current system of scrap them for Endo.

> Same reason with kuva weapon reroll

have kuva weapons go to rank 40 with 1,2 or 3 forma vs 5. 

> Why not rank 40 at the start?

give new players more starting slots as there's over 50 warframes in game now and literally over 300 weapons. Cut down the crafting times by at least some percentage. 

Cut forma crafting time in half. 

> And the reason is?

Make Khora easier to farm as right now she's far worse then Harrow systems IMHO. 

> RNG, and making things easier when people complain the game is too easy? My best offer is tiered drop table where you get less diluted drop table the longer you stay so you have your reason to go beyond zone 8

Put primed chamber in baro rotation. 

> Reason?

Let community vote on something to unvault. 

> That would make only certain things to unvault while the rest will be stay in vault near forever

43 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Because flawed games can still be enjoyable and we can hope that they improve.

"because deep down insider i still love it, even tho i hate it";

2 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Also fourms: Everything is fine your just wrong.

You're*

Also thats not true, game has alot of problems but people complain constantly about the problems they know they wont fix cause they just changed them. How many times crying about something being nerfed, got it unnerfed? Whats the track record?

Its weird how the solution to every single frame is to rework literally 90% of them so they are like saryn, and to add total damage increases even tho the company making the game decided they dont want that. Its weird how the solution to every nerf is to revert it. Its weird how people say they want endgame content but then complain when they get content that DE had to rebalance around, then complain about them rebalancing anything. 

Its weird going from the subreddit (seeing a cool community); to coming on these forums (nothing works, I dont want to play if i cant one shot lvl 300 mobs, WorldonFire was the best skill 2019) total change of attitude!

#wewantcontentbutpleasedontbalanceit

I seen worse balance changes on games i actually paid for! Things that actually make one character/class absolutely unplayable, yet on here ppl are mad over a mod that doesn't even effect normal content. So pardon me for being.... surprised.

Edited by Marinara19
  • Like 2

1573498158253.pngBecause nothing substantial has been added in years, and the updates have been nothing but empty maps and cosmetics. The lore is puddle deep, the maps lack any reason to explore, you have to be time gated for any little thing, resource farming is a slog, you can't even obtain color palettes without paying or sitting in the trade chat/trade website for hours, the dev team seems like they've got "Simpsons" syndrome, where they're tired of working on something but need to make money, so they keep a shambling zombie alive with minimal effort. The list goes on, which is why I switched to Destiny. Bungie is retarded, but at least they fleshed out more to screw around with. I need that science fiction/dress up/kill game itch scratched, and I'll do it elsewhere as this ship sinks. Picture wraps this up my point. 

Just now, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

Don't disregard my whole post because of some minutiae.

As I have the choice of free thought, I will disregard 4chan like the rubbish it is.

Your post I am indifferent to however, and I would never wish to deter you from making them.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-10 at 6:09 PM, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play. This update didn’t bring players back. I’m worried this update did more harm then good..  Lets hope the new war and Empyrean are Great… But how long can the player basic wait. And will the wait be worth it. ? https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Would it surprise you to know that an even bigger update, Fortuna, didn't bring players back either? DE see some growth over the first part of this year compared to the second half of last year, but they actually lost players during the second half of last year. They've just now barely grown back up beyond their loss of players for last year.

Here's a post I made on it earlier this year:

Basically, there was a drop in monthly active users (basically, the average number of individual players who are active each month) during the second half of 2018 (when Fortuna released). That means Fortuna didn't bring in more players. The final MAU count for 2018 was higher compared to final 2017 counts, but was lower compared to the first half of 2018. Basically, despite Fortuna's massive advertising, it didn't result in growth of the playerbase or increased activity. There was a decrease in player activity.

In the interim financial report for 2019, they basically say that the monthly average users grew by 9.7%, which they admit is lower than the growth in previous reporting periods due to no significant update releasing in the first half of 2019. A 9.7% increase from 3.9 million (the MAU from the last reporting period) is 4.27 million. That's a 0.43% increase from the 4.26 million MAU during the first half of 2018. So 0.43% is how much they've actually grown in player activity since the first half of 2018. It's possible that some more players may have come on board with the most recent update, but it wouldn't be surprising if this update didn't bring players back. Empyrean will probably be the only thing that can do that, and even then, whether Warframe sees growth in its active players depends on how well that update goes.

• Like 1

Well I guess people have loads of time to spare if they are willing to make threads and start doomsaying over a fluctuation on steam charts. Btw, as of now it's back in the top 10.

However, I believe there are reasons why the last update didn't really appeal all that much to the majority of players. And no, it's not a "melee nerf', since it only affected the ability to kill lvl 300+ enemies, which 99.9% of players haven't even seen in the game and don't give a crap about. Let's look at the new content released and it's accessibility:

1. Grendel.

While the missions themselves are not gear gated (lol), Grendel requires you to farm arbitrations, which in turn require completing the entire starchart. This automatically cancels out a significant portion of the players.

2. Kuva liches

In general, liches were positioned as an endgame activity, and they are. Doing T5 fissures, kuva floods, and killing thralls and liches themselves can be quite difficult to an average player (not the one who is already decked out with all dual damage/status mods, rare mods like argon scope, CO, BR, primed mods, riven mods, and has multiple formaed weapons). As I did these missions myself, I would frequently notice even high mr players getting bodied in kuva floods, not dealing much damage and dying frequently. So as you can see, kuva liches are not something a sizeable portion of players can approach right away.

In the end, the update was mostly focused on higher end players, and doesn't really have much for the "average joe", and that I think is the reason why we haven't seen a big uptick in numbers, like say with fortuna, poe, content that was accessible to almost everyone, or even war within, which was much more accesbile to players than liches and the arbitrations grind (also there obviously was more hype).

I think a lot of people here complaining about "muh 4+ hour endless runs and lvl 500 enemies" do not realize that they are in a TINY minority, and are not representative of the general interests of the game population at ALL. Just to give you an example from a different game, Path of Exile, it has a sort of endgame boss (not the final boss anymore, but let's stick with it), Shaper. A "visible" portion of people on forums would often say how "easy" and "casual" he is, and some people would in fact reach him in a span of days of a new 3-month league. Yet according to the statistics, only about 1%-2% of active players (those who did at least a few challenges in a new league) ever reach him in a span of a 3-month league. So yeah,  content that a small amout of people could reach in days or weeks, vast majority of players would never EVEN SEE in 3 months. What am I getting at is that the "hardcore veteran" players become so detached from the rest of the player base that they can't even relate to the general populace of the game anymore, and don't even realize how disconnected they are.

TLDR. Warframe is fine, got back to the top 10 as of now. New update is more endgame centric, hence less interesting for the average player.

• Like 2