Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

13 hours ago, Fire2box said:

"This year." 

I'm 100% glad they do talk about what they are working on long term. But they are clearly far behind on anything close to story content. 

Yup!

Even long time, its still terrible, melee 3.0 was long term, now look at it, same goes for Lich System, it was a Kingpin before and we had a Dojo room for it, thats all go down the drian

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

same goes for Lich System, it was a Kingpin before and we had a Dojo room for it, thats all go down the drian

TRADE YOUR LICH - If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player, who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system will be coming soon, including the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System!

fyi. Apparently that's all still coming. Check upcoming Dev workshop under latest staff replies. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

TRADE YOUR LICH - If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player, who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system will be coming soon, including the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System!

fyi. Apparently that's all still coming. Check upcoming Dev workshop under latest staff replies. 

Ah yes, "coming soon"

why wasn't it on Day 1

I;ll check it out, I not seen it x;

So, Warframe is a game I tend to play on and off, rather than full time, so please bear that in mind when reading this. I can't empathize with you guys who are stuck at end have for months on end, simply because it hasn't happened to me. However, I recently tried destiny 2. First thoughts were "holy crap this game looks amazing". Second thoughts were "write, the music is fantastic". Third thought was "why can't I bullet jump?" And so back to Warframe I came. This time though I finally managed to persuade my girlfriend to try as well. I was, I must admit, not hopeful as her preferred genre is RPG games such as The Witcher. She absolutely loves it, the movement system, the amount of different weapons to try and combat combos really has her excited to log on. In her words "I don't care whether we farm or if we do something new, I just want to play!". In my humble opinion, yes DE absolutely should consider adding to the end game content for their loyal, long term players. But dismissing the lure of open world content or cinematics (gf again on the opening for Fortuna "omg that's cool, it's like some musical or something") is a mistake. Giving new players new and even more shiny things to go "wow" about gets them invested in the game and helps to support DE long term as that emotional investment normally turns into some level of financial investment.

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The problem is the repetitive content, which is shared between them. You keep saying that you can't compare two different things because of difference - I'm afraid you can because differences are what comparisons are about. You can compare a PvE game to a PvP one if they share similar core systems or gameplay loops - such as both being action shooters. You can compare two things across genres as long as there's connecting threads, like combat or theming, for example comparing God of War 4 to God of War 3 because they're both action games (one being an Action RPG and the other being a pure action game), or comparing how Call of Duty and Saving Private Ryan depict World War II. And you can definitely compare two things from the same bloody game. You can, in fact, even compare apples and oranges! The saying is in respect to the fact neither is inherently better than the other, but there are definitely objective facts and elements that they share and diverge on to be compared.

PoE, especially at launch, offered extremely linear progression and artificially injected grind instead of a more holistic progression system like much of the rest of Warframe offers, and lacks much of the 'meat' that makes the experience it is trying to deliver truly shine. The Old Blood offered, and still does offer extremely linear progression and fails to provide the overall experience of a 'personalised enemy'. The fact that Plains, on release, was on a shiny new thing doesn't change the fact that it and the Old Blood have a problem in common, and that said problem was likely born from similar circumstances.

You don't get it.

For something to be repetitive, you have to repeat it a numerous times. That requires time.

Regular star chart missions are already repetitive and unrewarding to begin with.

Plains of Eidolon was a whole new world at launch and it took a while to get repetitive. 

On 2019-11-11 at 1:33 PM, Kaotyke said:

I'm just going to chime in to correct this.

Its not a bug, Liches with Paranoia Quirk attack Grineer allies and that doesnt change when converted, they will attack you.

So, pay attention on who you convert.

I know the thread devolved into more Destiny2 v Warframe, but this caught my attention. This is hilarious.

I now have a reason to convert at least some Liches now. The off chance that it might spawn in and turn on me and my team is too damn funny to pass up. Assuming I have their weapon for mastery already. Friggen RNG. Something to amuse when this finally hits console.

38 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

You don't get it.

For something to be repetitive, you have to repeat it a numerous times. That requires time.

Regular star chart missions are already repetitive and unrewarding to begin with.

Plains of Eidolon was a whole new world at launch and it took a while to get repetitive. 

That doesn't change the fact that they share design elements that cause them to become repetitive much faster, since fewer experientially different paths through each activity means you'll be experiencing each thing more often. 

Just because we had a fresh start in the cycle on PoE doesn't mean all those linear game design choices that make it worse weren't still there.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n:

I read it but the grow in users which is averaged over the month could be the release in china what they also mentioned. The revenue and the gross profit decreased significantly. It seems like even with china and the "increase" of players (what i doubt for the pc, non china region) are not willing to pay for the content as they used to. 

Edited by tyreens

32 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Destiny 2 has 3 times the playerbase and you fanboys have the balls to say the population is equal to Warframe, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

How many of you clueless people are there?

Steam is not the only launcher for WF while it is for Destiny 2. WF follows the same routine as Path of Exile and several other games, with a stand alone version aswell as sipping over to Discord now aswell. Destiny 2 will always be a one launcher game, hence why it moved from Bnet to Steam instead of just expanding to Steam.

So while Destiny 2 has around 3x the numbers on Steam it only accounts for tops 50% of WFs actual concurrent PC numbers. Anyone expecting Steam to hold a larger number of players really need to get a reality check since very few games grow bigger on secondary platforms when they have a standalone version. I very much doubt WF is unique when it comes to player spread. GGG thought it was massive when they reached a 40:60 Steam:SA ratio for active Path of Exile users last year. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Destiny 2 has 3 times the playerbase and you fanboys have the balls to say the population is equal to Warframe, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Warframe is not exclusive to Steam, while Destiny is.

The charts you cite are misleading.

Edited by Corvid

I play on switch, sorry steam charts 😞

I also don't see any problems with companions since the fetch mod was fixed. I use Chesa kubrow and occasionally a moa, where before I was stuck with a sentinel. They hold up to 60 min kuva survivals and arbitrations as long as you're willing to forma them.

35 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

At best, Destiny appears to, reliably, have double the number of concurrent players on any given day than Warframe does.

FWIW, The size of a game's playerbase is irrelevant compared to the number of active/concurrent users it has.

Playerbase size is only good for determining how effective their marketing was. Concurrent/Active players is where the game makes money because those players are logging in and doing stuff...Sometimes that stuff involves making purchases.

That difference in users makes perfect sense for a theme park game that's only a couple of years old, with more marketing, less comparative grind, an emphasis on shooting mechanics, and being a sequel to boot.

If anything, the game probably should actually have three times the player count than Warframe does given that it has twice the number of active employees.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-11 at 12:35 AM, Goodwill said:

Might be a good thing. It's about time Warframe settles into a niche. Warframe has NEVER been a good game. It's never been completed and is often riddled with bugs or inconsistencies. Hopefully the new update is making people realize that. It's overpopularity is due to hype and rarely due to any sensible reasoning.

What?

Warframe has some issues, just like all games have.. but saying it has never been a good game is going to far...
Ive played all the "Top" games on steam and they are nothing like warframe...infact i still play warframe and not the other games.. soooo...

Im not sure why you people try to destroy warframe with your toxic comments...
If you don't like Warframe then go and leave us alone...

Did you see me posting in your favorite games forums because i really don't like them ??? no... because i do not do that...

mistress of the dark 80s GIF

Edited by Vyra

2 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Im not sure why you people try to destroy warframe with your toxic comments...
If you don't like Warframe then go and leave us alone...

This is the toxic part here, not their post.

They aren't wrong, if you take a critical eye to the fundamental design aspects of a game, Warframe isn't "good". It's balance is appalling, it's engine is outdated, mechanics and systems are forgotten, bugs are rampant etc.

It takes a lot of love to enjoy a game despite it's flaws, so why the toxic response to them telling them to go away? They're a fan just as the same as you are... or are they not the 'right sort of fan' or something? Because we don't need that here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Mr.Resetti said:

Why destiny 2? Because guns?

Warframe is old enough to compare to TF2. Not that old, but it's definitely past it's 3 year life expectancy.

If you're comparing it to newer games, warframe died when BOTW came out, and again with SMB, and again with Dragon quest builders 1 and 2.

There is no game like Warframe, that,s one simple reason you can not compare it and say "this or that is better"...

That's like comparing Earth with Pluto ( reallife ).

Oh and only because something has X-Amount of player more than Warframe, doesn't mean its because the games quality...
Just like CHARTS music isn't better than Black Metal... its different people who like different types of things...

I just really hope DE isn't reading all the HATE in this forums... i mean if they get depressed by reading this and they really put love and work into Warframe... damn...that feels...

Yes Warframe is grindy, i do not like grind to much if it is combined with RNG... but is the game S#&$ because of this? NO!

And Melee seems not to be as broken as people claim, i read and notice for me Melee got better.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

This is the toxic part here, not their post.

They aren't wrong, if you take a critical eye to the fundamental design aspects of a game, Warframe isn't "good". It's balance is appalling, it's engine is outdated, mechanics and systems are forgotten, bugs are rampant etc.

It takes a lot of love to enjoy a game despite it's flaws, so why the toxic response to them telling them to go away? They're a fan just as the same as you are... or are they not the 'right sort of fan' or something? Because we don't need that here.

Im not sure how people can spew to much hate ...and also spread lies...

EVERY game has Bugs, litererally every game...

Outdated engine?
Well any other game i played is less stable and every game i played that could be similar to warframe was SO SLOW in gameplay...

Please show me those games that are FASTER than warframe, have more fashion, have more weapons, have more pretty worlds, have so many different kinds of enemies, have so many details and are visually so beautiful AND have a so small dev-team all at once...

About Fans... i don't call someone a FAN who has NOTHING positive to say...
Like that dud who said "it was never good".. really?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Im not sure how people can spew to much hate

There was nothing hateful in my post, please stop accusing people of this nonsense. It's getting silly.

Outdated engine?
Well any other game i played is less stable

Speaking of spreading lies... this is just patently false unless you've only played like, one other game.

Please show me those games that are FASTER than warframe, have more fashion, have more weapons, have more pretty worlds, have so many different kinds of enemies, have so many details and are visually so beautiful AND have a so small dev-team all at once...

DE are hardly small, 11 bit studios are small, Spider are small, Crate entertainment are small. 300 people is pretty good.

Frontier Developments, a company that have released multiple games in Warframes lifespan are only 422.

This is all rather meaningless.

20 minutes ago, Vyra said:

About Fans... i don't call someone a FAN who has NOTHING positive to say...

You can't say they've never said anything positive. Have you checked every post they've ever made?

You're really confirming the thing I questioned, you don't view them as the "right" sort of fan, so you hate them and tell them to leave. That's pretty sketchy.