Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop forcing us to use heavy attack.

Mabc05

33 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

how are people doing heavy attacks by holding down the attack button? is it because i merged melee attack with left mouse button? it took me ages to find out where heavy attack went

Heavy Attack was moved to MMB to replace the old "Channeling" button...

In a recent hotfix, they made it so you can "hold" your melee attack button for the Heavy Attack as well.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Vyra:

why would you hold down E anyway?
With my fast build i spam E and it NEVER does heavy attacks unless i am HOLDING DOWN E.. which i don't do...

Used Gram Prime with Berserker, Gladiator Vice, Fury and Arcane Strike together? If so the possibility of the client doesnt noticing the intervalls of spamming E is really high and count it as holding E.

4 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Used Gram Prime with Berserker, Gladiator Vice, Fury and Arcane Strike together? If so the possibility of the client doesnt noticing the intervalls of spamming E is really high and count it as holding E.

seems i am lucky, never happens to me

• 1 month later...

To all the people who are saying it is fine and it doesn't need a change;

Well good for you, but it's a major inconvenience for many others. With enough attack speed the heavy attacks are triggerd accidentally and it really hurts Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds Build. 

"But it never happend to me, so it isn't bad"

Well, also good for you, but this wouldn't be a complain if this wasn't happening to others. 

And since this was reintroduced a lot of people did complain about this. 

So it is a problem. A rather big one. 

And it would be easily solved, if there was a toogle in the options to turn the function on and off. 

This would make everyone happy.

The ones who like this could leave it on and the ones who are annoyed by this could finally turn it off. 

Please remove heavy attack from the E key. It's incredibly annoying.

For whatever reason, the game sometimes hiccups for a very brief moment. It's rare, but when it does, it holds E if I had pressed E during that time and forces a heavy attack in. This was always in issue before the melee rework, but never cared because it didn't delete my combo counter. Now it does. Please provide an option to disable it.

It's not about what hotkey it's bound to. It's about it triggering a heavy attack during normal swings without actually holding the key. 

Heavy was always bound to hold E before and never triggered unwanted swings. It does NOW. 

There is a bug involved that has persisted since week 1 of old blood. If it's taking this long to fix, they should allow us to disable it.

Edited by IIDMOII

• 1 month later...

Just make it togglable. Give us the choice to set in setting to make it so holding down melee doesn't cause heavy attacks. This can't be that hard to do, and would largely make this bug moot.

Edit: Yes, this bug has been kicking me pretty hard lately.

Edited by CHA0SXIII
Forgot to specify reason for post.

5 minutes ago, CHA0SXIII said:

Just make it togglable. Give us the choice to set in setting to make it so holding down melee doesn't cause heavy attacks. This can't be that hard to do, and would largely make this bug moot.

Edit: Yes, this bug has been kicking me pretty hard lately.

They are removing the hold attack key to trigger a heavy attack next hotfix.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-17 at 8:48 AM, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Its just back to how it was before tho? I dont see how theyre forcing you to use heavy attacks.

Sounds like yer just clicking too hard or whatever. Maybe consider changing sensitivity settings or something 

Try using a +75% (berserker) atterax build and you'll see the problem. Even just rapidly and lightly tapping the button frequently sets off a heavy attack at 12x. The same goes for pretty much every weapon with attack speed on the quicker side. If you build for high attack rate and high combo counter it triggers accidentally and blows 90% of your damage out the window despite any effort you make to prevent it.

Primed Fury isn't *as* bad, so I've actually started rolling that just because it doesn't make me fast enough that all my damage disappears at the slightest lag spike. But the fact that I need to worsen my weapon to avoid it breaking the controls speaks volumes.

I miss being able to smoothly chain rolls, slides, spins, and jumps in a long never ending dance with Octavia. The Memeing Strike/Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds nerfs were one thing, but the control changes literally broke the whole playstyle because I have to constantly nurse this combo counter and micromanage my attack speed to keep from losing all my damage.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Try using a +75% (berserker) atterax build and you'll see the problem. Even just rapidly and lightly tapping the button frequently sets off a heavy attack at 12x. The same goes for pretty much every weapon with attack speed on the quicker side. If you build for high attack rate and high combo counter it triggers accidentally and blows 90% of your damage out the window despite any effort you make to prevent it.

Primed Fury isn't *as* bad, so I've actually started rolling that just because it doesn't make me fast enough that all my damage disappears at the slightest lag spike. But the fact that I need to worsen my weapon to avoid it breaking the controls speaks volumes.

I miss being able to smoothly chain rolls, slides, spins, and jumps in a long never ending dance with Octavia. The Memeing Strike/Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds nerfs were one thing, but the control changes literally broke the whole playstyle because I have to constantly nurse this combo counter and micromanage my attack speed to keep from losing all my damage.

Yo, try binding heavy attack to wheel roll up and normal one to wheel down.

9 minutes ago, Akai-no-bara said:

Yo, try binding heavy attack to wheel roll up and normal one to wheel down.

Maybe you didn't notice, my name is (NSW)Sniperfox47. The NSW means this is a Nintendo Switch account. We don't have mousewheels, my dude. Switch is the 1 platform with no mouse and keyboard support. [Edit: We do get the best controller support though. Gyro aiming FTW.]

But since I use literally no builds that involve heavy attacks, because I freaking loathe them, I just want to be able to remove it from 'A'. if the option is added it can be enabled on long-A by default, I don't care, as long as I can toggle it off.

We already have a dedicated Heavy Attack keybind, so I'm not sure why it even needs to be hardbound to the same key as another unrelated keybind. And I especially don't know why the hold time for the activation needs to scale off attack speed and literally break weapons.

What you need my friend is the mod Blood Rush and the mod set called Gladiator. All together they create a 120% multiplier of a melee's base crit chance based on your combo counter making a vary potent combination in the fight without requiring heavy attacks. While they do not hit for what they use to pre melee 2.9/3.0, they are easily the go to for crit builds and for light attack based builds. Blood rush mainly as depending on how you build some of the gladiator mods are better off being substituted for others but they still have their place among the community.

22 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Maybe you didn't notice, my name is (NSW)Sniperfox47. The NSW means this is a Nintendo Switch account. We don't have mousewheels, my dude. Switch is the 1 platform with no mouse and keyboard support. [Edit: We do get the best controller support though. Gyro aiming FTW.]

But since I use literally no builds that involve heavy attacks, because I freaking loathe them, I just want to be able to remove it from 'A'. if the option is added it can be enabled on long-A by default, I don't care, as long as I can toggle it off.

We already have a dedicated Heavy Attack keybind, so I'm not sure why it even needs to be hardbound to the same key as another unrelated keybind. And I especially don't know why the hold time for the activation needs to scale off attack speed and literally break weapons.

Even with a mouse, that would be fairly uncomfortable, there's a reason why using LMB for melee was brought back again after they removed it before. A better solution was using Silva & Aegis, as it was a decent weapon that heavy attacks while holding attack button/key down never worked, ever.

In the end, thankfully, they just got rid of the feature altogether, rather than waiting for them to ever fix it. Unfortunately for people that liked it, they stated no toggle, just a removal.

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Unfortunately for people that liked it, they stated no toggle, just a removal.

I'm one of those, but I understand the function did not work out for enough players that it had to be repealed.

I'll be trying to propose to them suggestions other than Heavy Attack, as holding the melee button had a functional importance..
Mainly, it covers up moments where you've dropped inputs during combos or interrupts, and wind up having hit melee to have nothing happen.
Holding melee in those instances at least meant you'd have an attack coming, rather than nothing.

My first thoughts are that.. barring a total overhaul of input buffering across all combos..
Holding melee could result in held Block or auto-parry,
or heavy attack has it's sensitivity revised (and isn't linked to damned frame rate) while no longer consuming combo meter Unless enemies are struck. (like channeling did right before)

On 2019-11-15 at 7:22 PM, Vyra said:

Why exactly do you want it removed from HOLDING E

With high attack speed its too easy to accidentally trigger Heavy.  Especially on sensitive kb.  It just happens. Even i sometimes trigger it....and i never use very high attack speed. 

I think that "Hold E for heavy" MUST be optional.  Im totally fine with separate button. 

Also, with gun equipped, Holding E should immediately perform Heavy attack. No matter if you have this Option on or off.  Because there is no other way to do a Heavy attack/slam straight from Gun mode.

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

With high attack speed its too easy to accidentally trigger Heavy.  Especially on sensitive kb.  It just happens. Even i sometimes trigger it....and i never use very high attack speed. 

I think that "Hold E for heavy" MUST be optional.  Im totally fine with separate button. 

Also, with gun equipped, Holding E should immediately perform Heavy attack. No matter if you have this Option on or off.  Because there is no other way to do a Heavy attack/slam straight from Gun mode.

Or just stop tying it to attack speed. I'd still be annoyed that it's there, but at least I'd never accidentally trigger it if it took a full 500ms to trigger like a long-tap on my phone...