Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping requires a 3 sec CD

--K--Sharkfin

rather than nerf Bullet jump, why not make all frames sprint faster? we're space ninjas, but we only run as fast as a regular human, which seems weird. if sprinting were improved enough, Bullet Jumping would be relegated to an evasive manoeuvre, and for jumping over obstacles, which is what it was mainly intended for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

People spam bullet jump because every other parkour manuever is pointless and most tilesets don't allow for anything else.

I would think that addressing that issue instead of nerfing a symptom of it would be a better solution, but I may be wrong.

This actually reminds me of how vastly more adept Mario 64 is to parkour than Warframe.

Edit: But this might change some players perspective:

I personally always enjoy learning the general layout of rooms and moving without actually seeing where I'm going can severely increase speed, such as jumping up & back flipping onto a platform.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

No joking here - Warframe, in my opinion, needs to tone down mobility in order to breathe some life into strategic mobility. Warframe will never be challenging when you're not only a tank, but a walking one. Too many enemies, too little care. Just nuke everything and you're good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Jokes on OP when he finds out that people can actually see that excessive mobility can hurt the game instead of playing along with his spite.

I think a big part of it is enemy, mission and level design. A lot of them aren't really designed for bullet jumping. I mean, honestly with enemies a lot of them barely even feel designed if they're old enough...

For better and worse, PoE and OV enemies are more designed around bullet jumping as a tactical necessity, being that they can make any one spot very dangerous to stand in for too long. Jupiter, meanwhile, has flying enemies, much larger and more elaborate areas and is generally designed around bullet jumping. So's the Kuva Fortress, although designed around limiting it through tight spaces, twisting rooms and various traps.

It's no surprise the Corpus ship or Grineer Galleon gets snapped like a twig by bullet jumps when you consider that bullet jumps weren't even a figment of the imagination when they were introduced.

• Like 1

Or, alternatively, we could finally come round to buffing our base movement speed, and/or our sprint speed, so that our movement doesn't feel so painfully slow when we're not bullet-jumping, and bring our tilesets to the same level of scale as the Corpus Gas City. Bullet-jumping there feels fine, because the tiles are so gigantic that it still takes time, and more importantly a modicum of parkouring effort, to traverse them. Meanwhile, many of our tilesets still haven't changed since the days of Parkour 1.0, back when our movement was far slower, which is why bullet-jumping lets us blitz through those missions, and why those tiles don't actually support our current-day movement all that well. If our movement designed for lateral traversal felt actually up to par, I have a hunch we'd feel much less of a need to salmon-flop through the entire game.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I'm surprised people are supporting this

I'm all for it as long as you don't touch sprint speed

And if it get buffed...awesome 

Right? @Raqiya

OFC! Bullet jumps may be cool but its not as satisfying as high sprint speed and I wouldn't say no to more sprint speed mods/buffs.

3 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

OFC! Bullet jumps may be cool but its not as satisfying as high sprint speed and I wouldn't say no to more sprint speed mods/buffs.

Sprint speed should definitely be on par with bullet jump speed. There is actually a bit of nuance to Bullet Jumps that goes unnoticed (optimising your jump chains and precision aerial movement) that might get a bit more attention if skill were needed to make it better than sprinting.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Sprint speed should definitely be on par with bullet jump speed. There is actually a bit of nuance to Bullet Jumps that goes unnoticed (optimising your jump chains and precision aerial movement) that might get a bit more attention if skill were needed to make it better than sprinting.

Well you can buff sprint speed with mods and abilities to the point where it surpasses bullet jumps.