Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LootGate Continues: DE Rebecca Lied, Cubics and Carbides Build Upon Bad Precedence and Open The Gate For ALL New Materials to Be IMMUNE To Multiple Loot Drop Abilities

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

6 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

To be fair, you have a Smeeta, and from the looks of it, probably a resource booster. 230 in 4:30 minutes is excellent, but very likely not the norm.

It depends on where you're at, Carbides for example you can get them doing Sedna Interception instead of lower level missions. Fissures, Arb, Kuva Flood, etc make it even easier to get the resources when ever they appear on any of the nodes that drop either resource.

534436ff4ccbd49988f901359fcbb54b.png

acd5a37279746c6a43880bf367e8c166.png 

This was with only resource boosters.

Edited by Yamazuki

Smeeta is  the way to go with these you can get them all really fast.  even no boosters or smetta they drop in large clumps 6-12 its not just 1 at a time like other resources they didn't make them rare at all.  Could they in future use this mechanic to screw everyone over on long grinds? possibly but they didn't this time.  We are going to have thousands and thousands of these things by the time the  full railjack update even drops.

In fact im more worried these are just going to be a nuisance resource used only for 1-2 things and then they stack to the millions sitting there worthless for anything else particularly the mining ones, since you cannot even trade them for cetus/fortuna faction so they just are a thing that starts crowding out the rest of the reward pool,

8 hours ago, Mephane said:

Unpopular opinion: just like magic find gear in various ARPGs, lootframes were mistake to begin with and I'd rather see all the relevant abilities/augments changed to no longer do that, and drop rates of everything formerly affected increased across the board accordingly.

Good god, yes, please. Words can't describe how much I hate magic find stats. Having to choose between the fun thing and the efficient thing is bad game design, period. The efficient thing should be the fun thing, since providing fun is the whole point of games. I can't think of anything more boring to play than Nekros.

Edited by SordidDreams

Guy makes a thread about inconsistencies between DE's statement how loot drop abilities work on resources and how they actually work in game, gets attacked for "not wanting to farm." Yeah, that seems about right. Who reads threads anymore anyway?

29 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I can't think of anything more boring to play than Nekros.

Trinity.

5 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

Guy makes a thread about inconsistencies between DE's statement how loot drop abilities work on resources and how they actually work in game, gets attacked for "not wanting to farm." Yeah, that seems about right. Who reads threads anymore anyway?

That's fans for you. "Fan" being short for "fanatic", of course. They sure act like it, don't they.

Though I do agree with the farm being easy, at least so far. I'm sure we're going to need more of these things in the future. The inconsitency that bothers me a lot more is between the promise that future ephemeras would be earned by completing difficult challenges and the current RNG-based lich ephemera implementation, where the only challenge is to the player's patience.

Edited by SordidDreams

Damn! This game is always been too grindy for good. But, that's the kind of stuff we have lived with so far. I don't think it's changing anytime soon. And the grind isn't that bad either. I got both Cubic diodes and Carbides in 25 wave runs on dark sector nodes. Only issue was mining in fortuna as map is too large and nodes are too few. 

9 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

ENca0pM.png

230 cubic diodes in ... 4 min 25 seconds.

But I do agree that having resources not affected to multipliers is not beneficial to players, although understandable in a balance perspective. Imo, loot frames should not have existed in the first place to prevent this issue, but now that they exist, DE should just accept it as a mistake in their part and not make moves like such.

Where did you get that many is such a short time? Is it an eximus stronghold?

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

This is a F2P game, do you really think that if they just magiced away loot frames tomorrow that they would suddenly balance the loot across the game to be bearable? 

Yeah there is only one system that DE would have to balance drops for.... drop chance boosters.... and then you would have no choice, no alternative. 

This is very much a "my sweet summer child" moment. 

You do realize that they're not doing this to make tons of money, right?

They completely removed a feature of the game because they realized it was a gambling feature that caused players to spend tons of money on it.

So, yes, we would still have an alternative: not using the boosters and just spending more time in the game. Warframe isn't like other F2P games.

10 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

To be fair, you have a Smeeta, and from the looks of it, probably a resource booster.

Actually, from what was posted in the OP, it sounds like neither one affects these Railjack drops. It sounds like these resources are on a separate loot roll from the regular loot table that happens on enemy death, which is why Nekros doesn't improve it.

That guy just got lucky. Though, frankly, I've been finding Diodes a lot in Void missions now. I keep finding more entirely by chance.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Personally, I'm failing to see how..

Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

.. relates to ...

Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. 

They seem seperate things to me. Can anyone clarify?

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Lucky/pay-to-win booster + lucky syndicate invasion + lucky smeeta buff, probably.

To be fair, baron apostrophe was selling 3-day boosters last weekend. I picked one up from him (400 ducats) and used it to get my resources.

Also, if you can't get more loot per enemy, then the solution is to get more enemy per unit time. The best way to get these resources is a speed nova on the dark sector defences (because infested won't shoot at you, they'll charge straight into your sword) and stick around for 20 waves. If you want to make it really easy, also bring a vauban and a torid (or napalm grenade penta?) along. Cast molecular prime, shoot gasbomb into vortex, watch as all the moneybags charge at full speed straight into their doom.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

To be fair, baron apostrophe was selling 3-day boosters last weekend. I picked one up from him (400 ducats) and used it to get my resources.

Also, if you can't get more loot per enemy, then the solution is to get more enemy per unit time. The best way to get these resources is a speed nova on the dark sector defences (because infested won't shoot at you, they'll charge straight into your sword) and stick around for 20 waves. If you want to make it really easy, also bring a vauban and a torid (or napalm grenade penta?) along. Cast molecular prime, shoot gasbomb into vortex, watch as all the moneybags charge at full speed straight into their doom.

Hey, I got lucky and got a resource booster from login and a drop chance booster from sortie, so with my smeeta I was picking up plentiful 30+ stacks per drop. I'm happy with my results. But I recognize that that's a very rare coincidence unless you're willing to spend plat (or ducats, which are really also plat, since you could sell those prime parts to other players for that instead).

I think you can get more loot per enemy with Nekros, though I haven't tested it rigorously.

Edited by SordidDreams

11 hours ago, Aldain said:

...People are complaining about farming that piddly amount of materials.

Really?

Shrug, nothing's stopping DE from adding more BPs requiring said materials like Railjack upgrades/optional parts in the forseeable future.

Even then it probably won't be too bad but hey.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

From my point of view, it seems it was made to provide a more controlable grind scenario, similar to the 12 hour wait period, where it's expected you to play X amount of time and not be more efficient with loot abilities.

However, since it's a regular drop and not something like a relic after 5 mins of survival, the player has direct impact of the amount they receive per time spent, the better you are, the more you get.

So loot frames or not, it won't make a difference for those that try, i'll give you an example:

I was in a squad with my mirage and there was a player using khora, i killed most things the moment they spawn, khora complained that she couldn't loot because nothing got close, after some arguments being trown around, khora left after some waves (can't remember if it was 5 or 10), the remaining 3 players stayed.

What does this mean, quite simple, I did a defense fast and looted as fast as i could, the khora who went there to farm, needed more than 1 mission and did things slower in one of those missions.

The attitude you have directly impacts the number of missions and the speed of those missions, this alone is way more impactfull than a simple loot ability, i understand your concern OP, but i have the feeling your like that khora player i met, blaming things except themselves when something doesn't go their way.