Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

With the Old Blood having added a lot to the existing game (extra mission variants spawning on-top of regular nodes), is Railjack/Empyrean still going to have at least some aim of tying parts of the game together and fitting to existing content rather than just being added in as a completely separate thing (like Archwing missions).

What are the plans for doing this, beyond squad link?

As always, thanks for all of your work.  Hoping for a good Devstream this Friday!!!
:lotus:

Will it be possible to solo the spaceflight portion? I'm leery about taking the Railjack out on a mission only to leave it to do something mission-related only to have some Grineer captain blow it up. Are we limited in our responses if we're taking the ship out solo?

Also, on an unrelated note are tracebos (Traces + Placebos) ever going to materially affect drop rates? I must have spent a king's ransom in those things, and I've never seen any real return on them. There's no evidence that I can see that they offer any way of adjusting the drop rate chance more than pure luck.

This question isn’t pertaining to the next update but I’d like to know if....

1) Operator load-outs be able to be equipped in the Warframe arsenal instead of the school alone. Is that something that has been considered? Different arcanes benefit different schools, and this would save a lot of time when making those perfect builds.

2) Will we ever be able to equip more than two arcanes to an operator to increase their utility/usefulness.

3) Certain weapons (Kuva, etc) have been granted Rank 40. Can this be granted to prime variants of weapons and Warframes? And why was it decided to not grant and Rank 30+ kuva weapons some sort of bonus like what was done with the Paracesis?

Question.

-pets, sentinels and companions. How do they integrate with Empyrian if they do at all?

also,

-any chance of us being able to have more than one companion type out of the freezer at a time? I’d kinda like to see my kubrow with some frames and kavat with others and the freezer mechanic makes this process clumbersome.

Will the Railjack interior replace the Orbiter's interior or would we be able to choose between them? Personally, I wouldn't mind either way so long as the interiors keep the metallic color options separate from the non-metallic color options. I'd like to see that I can pick out gold or silver metal without seeing yellow sticking out like a sore thumb in some spots while the white practically disappears the stencils. That the latter doesn't care if I use a Midnight Blue/Black is actually less annoying than seeing yellow on the Operator's throne and in the personal quarters when I try for golden metal.

What would we need to do for unlocking and upgrading Railjack abilities? I'm hoping to see what the ship's cloak can do once maxed out. Stealth is strangely calming.

Uh, is it too early to ask what the resource costs might be for upgrades that allow a Railjack captain to solo missions?

my questions are:
-will we ever be able to talk to our freindly liches, and how would we add them to our crew?

-when can we expect to fly our old ships into battle. 

-are the Resources only available in space levels. (except when your hunting the parts yourself.)

-how will the ships resources work.

-will ordis and cy ever talk to one another? (maybe a quest with both.) :3

I was wondering if we're still going to get a second Plague Star this year or if that's been discarded for the time being? Also, some news on the Conclave Atlas PvP augment coming to PvE would be nice to hear, considering his Prime Access ends soon. (If you didn't hear, Pablo said it'd make it into the game not too long ago), so I'm also wondering if there's talks of a full-on rework or just his 4 getting that new feature for PvE.

can we get some fixes toward melee still auto-blocking and can we perhaps get an option to have heavy attacks not be possible by holding the normal melee button? I keep getting heavies by accident and losing all of my combo on weapons that don't work with heavy attacks. Additionally, it would be ideal to have roll-canceling not cancel a spin attack. I keep trying to run and then spin attack, but I just roll past the enemy instead. When i'm using arcane consequence, this frequently causes me to fly off ledges and lose any ability buffs like iron skin, and gets me killed. It likely happens because when I slide into the spin attack, I may accidentally or subconsciously tap shift, either to gain speed before sliding, or just because of fat fingers. Either way, it would be way better if the melee action super-ceded roll canceling, or if we could just get an option to disable roll cancelling, because i never use it anyway unless again, I accidentally start a heavy attack and dont wanna lose my combo.

I'm excited to see what's in-store, but I haven't even done the quest to build my own Railjack. While I resources are easily to get, I'm poor af when it comes to credits. lmao.

Spoiler

Also, I know this isn't related, but 10million credits for the Orbiter Captura scene is BS. It's not worth that, when all other scenes can be got though SO and the Syndicates (plus being tradeable). Also, having the Prime Orbiter interior only available though Twitch Prime is also another problem. I would happily buy it with plat, but nope. You've really screwed over players who aren't able get Twitch Prime (and the "free" trail for it isn't free, still need a credit card as it's a subscription). Thanks for that, as it would of been perfect with my Prime orbiter skin and the fact I love everything Orokin.

6 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

Oh and disable heavy attack on E? Would be great to not constantly lose the combo counter because our melee speed is to fast.

I have a feeling this will just be forgotten and never addressed.
Despite it clearly being a step back for the overall positive melee changes.

Archived