Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

Lots of good fixes here but I have ONE request, can we please have key bindings to roll again? Either they are gone completely or I cannot figure out how to bind them any more in any flight mode. I can fly just fine regardless, but it was fun to be able to do in arc-wing and hopefully now in railjack.

And the RNG Nonsense with Reactors still exists.

Just give us a SIGMA 4 Reactor with 100 Avionics without Perks. Why is this so hard to understand that Reactor are necessary if we dont want to use only Lavan Avionics. We would like to use Battle Avionics. You know that our Ship feels powerful to use and not like the Papergun it is right now. Its all about fun. FUN to play.

11 minutes ago, Flameghost said:

Imagine removing unfair, broken, literally pay2win stuff ONE MONTH after everyone who wanted exploited it to the ground, "constructed" everything with a single click at day one and basically done with Empyrean forever. Wasn't too obvious for you?

That pay2win thing was main reason why you can join quite decent Railjack hosts in Veil Proxima MK 3 RNG farm today... With all those issues making Railjack to be surviving in Veil Proxima and actualy doing damage would be next to impossible over last festive period otherwise.

Talking of which, why players are not given progression system on built items upgrading and given lotery based Random Number Generator layers upon layers instead?

Is this where whole game now is heading...?

4 hours ago, Spoogity said:

So...those of us who bought into the pay-to-win of the drones are just gonna get a high-five and a thanks?

what else u want? a refund? it was ur fault who bought into it. U skipped alot of time and enjoyed the content, where we grinded the S#&$ out of it. u earned back what u paid.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market:
We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the  end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item. 

Why not just make a limit on the number of purchases per week? One purchace per week could be fine, if you find good part in this random with this chances and still don't have that much resources to repair it because even without farming resources from asteroid this missions taking 15-25 min to run. After farming those parts I don't really want to farm resources.
Or make titanium and asterite have a chance to drop from mobs.

Also, how big drop chance for Rush Repair Drone?

Oh, of course DE figured NERFing the correctly adjusted weapons is the best solution rather than BUFFing the underpowered weapons to preform at the same level.
Honestly, I don't believe Pablo one bit when he says he doesn't like disappointing/upsetting us. Any time something does not work how he likes or people optimise the best weapon/item in game to the point where everyone decides to use that thing because it works so well, the first idea is never to fix the problem that optimised item tried to solve. It is ALWAYS "Nerf the good thing all the players use" and it is practically mentioned with glee. Whenever there is a item they think is "overused" NERF is instantly the first word in their head and out their mouth.

A message for you DE. YOU WILL NEVER have equal use of items, weapons and frames across the board. It will never happen. There will always be frames and weapons that are liked and do better than the rest. Instead of NERFING everything that stands out and up above others, try BUFFING or FIXING other things to preform at a level that meets them better. Banshee is the perfect example of something that was immediately NERFED any time she preformed a function right and did adequately. She has been crying in the corner for years because she has remained nearly useless all this time, with only a few months where she was actually good for the current content. And stop forgetting about other things and leaving them to die in obscurity to work on the next new thing. 

Please guys add 100xAsterite as a Bonus reward from missions. Average Asterite farm from Earth (first map) before the patch 70, now 140, still not enough taking in count the repair cost of one wreckage MKIII part 1440 asterite. So, you still need to make 10 mission on earth only focused on farm asterite...

hace 4 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

. 7 years ago almost to the day, we found ourselves Reworking Ember… redoing the Ember model entirely! These Update notes are a blast from the past - and every January we start off with a build that aims to address as much as possible from the Holidays without having our players wait too long for fixes. So here is the first of many Hotfixes for January 2020! We do not have an ETA on other Updates, as we are focusing on Hotfixing at this time. 

if Bae is not physically touched, i'll be happy (but still mad with some changes done in the past)

hace 30 minutos, Flameghost dijo:

Imagine removing unfair, broken, literally pay2win stuff ONE MONTH after everyone who wanted exploited it to the ground, "constructed" everything with a single click at day one and basically done with Empyrean forever. Wasn't too obvious for you?

pay2win what? is not a pvp game, you are using a wrong term. Think a bit.

2 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

So vidars and lavans are now bad turrets? Zetki has higher accuracy and higher damage. With heat no longer holding it back, it makes the others obsolete

My 50% lavan cryo now does awful damage. My 59% vidar cryo still feels ok but not all that great.

Vidar photor does decent damage but is horrible to aim. I've had some clan members saying they're getting good use out of the zetki weapons besides cryo now.

hace 1 minuto, Descent-of-Damocles dijo:

So vidars and lavans are now bad turrets? Zetki has higher accuracy and higher damage. With heat no longer holding it back, it makes the others obsolete

Vidar cryo still seems better for me, the 60% bonus damage give more damage to the weapon than the zekti version. And fire rate for zekti, taking in count you only shoot a few times, feel useless.

3 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

"Working as intended". And yes, quick shortcut for Railjack with no guns straight to Mk3 guns is only one obvious path. Broken by design... 😉

27.0.9 looks like a decent first 2020 hotfix for Empyrean which I consider to be still in beta stage from all the complaints I'm reading. I'm staying away from the Kuva Lich & Railjack contents until more bugs and play balance problems are fixed (just finished The War Within so I have lots of other things to do). The problems with The Old Blood & Empyrean has dampened my enthusiasm for the game so I will not spend any more money on Warframe until things get better.

The change to not being able to stock up on Intrinsics means you just removed any reason to play Railjack for anyone with maxed Intrinsics. I'm not gonna butt my head against the Veil enemies just to get Void hole to complete the ship mods, atleast Intrinsics was a guaranteed reward, Void hole might never even drop.

I rarely ever write on forums, but I think my disappointment is really high right now.

Wreckage drops got improved to a tiny bit less bad. I farmed vidar reactor extensively, pretty much every day. My best roll was 76, which allows me to equip a whooping number of 9 (best grade) avionics total. Additionally, I got 2 vidar reactors that were above 50 (56 and 64), and about 5 reactors below 50. And I farmed for days, efficiently I might say, with most Gran Point missions below 10 mins, or even closer to 7 mins.

You doubled the chance of a drop still gives me a terrible chance for loot. The formula to calculate your drop chance ( x ) over any given number of runs ( y ) is:

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

With 2% drop chance, if I make 100 Gran Point runs, I have 86% chance to get one.

With 4% drop chance, if I make 100 Gran Point runs, I have 98% chance to get one.

With 4% drop chance, if I make 50 Gran Point runs, I have 87% chance to get one.

With 4% drop chance, if I make 25 Gran Point runs, I have 63% chance to get one.

It's difficult to quantify expectations about the loot, because drop chance is always 4% on each run, but it gives me some idea about number of runs I have to endure to get to see Vidar Reactor.

I did a K100 dice roll a 1,000 times to simulate my chances for an acceptable Vidar Reactor (and I had to set expectations quite high because Avionics are expensive to slot). Out of 1,000 rolls, only 49 of them were 95 avionics points or higher (which seems to be statistically significant and proving my point, because yeah, 5% of out 100 will be above 95). I don't know how avionics points on a drop are calculated, but it basically means only 49 times out of 1,000 Vidar Reactor drops, I would have gotten a result that satisfies me.

To be fair, I don't need 49 viable vidar reactors, I only need one. If 49 reactors are viable out of a 1,000 vidar drops, so 5% of the vidar reactor drops will be usable. I can calculate again... I need to get vidar reactor drop 75 times to have 97% chance to get a usable/satisfying vidar reactor with 95 or more avionics point. And I already know the effort of getting one vidar reactor is about 50 gran point runs.

50 runs to get a reactor, multiplied by 75 rolls on reactor to get above 95 avionics. I could end up doing 3,750 runs to get my vidar reactor. #*!% no. And of course, it could drop today, and rngesus is only kind to some and I might not be blessed by rngesus today, or within next week.

3,750 runs * 7 mins each is 437h.

I spent 1580h (in-game played) on all of the Warframe so far.

Alternatively, I can ignore railjack if I can't reasonably obtain a reactor that allows me to even use avionics I got.

---

By biggest issues so far:

- Limit on wreckage. Do you really expect us to return to dojo after every mission? With increased drop chances AND loot marks lack of wreckage cap changes is nonsensical...

- Captain holding squad hostage after mission ends. I left a number of times just keeping my mission rewards, but no in-mission loot. I reported one dude, he went afk without a word and remained in pilot seat.

- No spooky ship mention. This stuff is more toxic than anything I have ever encountered in WF in past 2 years.

- Host migration resulting in default/no gear ship (but hey, I'm glad is faster)

- Lagging on useless doors everywhere, on railjack, on crewships. Just end this door madness already.

- I'm an avid crewship destroyer, so I think there are 99 bugs when trying to kill crewship. Doors not opening, decreased dmg on reactor with weapons that usually melt it, black screens, not being able to spoiler mode (which is a must if weapon swap doesn't fix decreased dmg on reactor, and no, there's no lag to host), bugs when something blows up crewship you're on, chest loot not picking up despite no lag to the host. I'm too scared to think what happens in other Railjack activities.

- I noticed decreased ummm, network performance if I stay with one squad for too long. About 1 hour in, odd actions, or lack of it, happens. You press 'x' to drop out of railjack, and nothing happens, but works fine when you repeat.

- And for the love of Uncle Teshin, stop with the forge 'approve' circle reseting itself when loot notification comes, or I will bill you for my wasted time.

---

I'm that player type that cuts game developers some slack. It's my game, it's my entertainment, it's a product I pay for but this is not how free to play games operate, so I understand I'm merely funding game's longevity and operational status and I'm not buying a specific, defined product that needs to be bugless. But damn, Railjack and subsequent patch today leave me with a strong 'meh' attitude and strong consideration to give myself a Warframe break for a month or two, with high hopes I can return to get my fix of entertainment again.

Archived