Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reliquary of useless abilities

mega_lova_nia

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I am very familiar with Scratch Damage. And Scratch Damage adds up, because enemies have automatic rifles. Mesmer Skin prevents it from adding up. Instead of 60 bullets per magazine, the enemies only get one. That's 1 damage instead of 60 damage. In addition, it stops enemies from dealing slash procs with stuff like the Flux Rifle, which ignores Arcane Guardian

Arcane grace: *exists*

They can’t kill you if you heal faster than they can damage you.

If you want actual good 100% DR play Gauss or Zephyr. They provide it for 45 seconds consistently.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Arcane grace: *exists*

So that's how many Arcanes on your frame? That's not as hostile as it sounds, if you want to dedicate both slots to Guardian and Grace that's definitely the meta tanking strategy (Immortal Inaros). But if you already had Avenger or Fury or Strike or Pistoleer or something, now you've got to pick and choose

Or you can use Mesmer Skin, so that each enemy only gets one bullet, which is then reduced to 1 damage by Guardian Adaptation. No need to have Grace heal the damage if you don't take it in the first place

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

So that's how many Arcanes on your frame? That's not as hostile as it sounds, if you want to dedicate both slots to Guardian and Grace that's definitely the meta tanking strategy (Immortal Inaros). But if you already had Avenger or Fury or Strike or Pistoleer or something, now you've got to pick and choose

Or you can use Mesmer Skin, so that each enemy only gets one bullet, which is then reduced to 1 damage by Guardian Adaptation. No need to have Grace heal the damage if you don't take it in the first place

Or I can be Nidus, have an R3 Guardian and R2 Grace and be completely unkillable up to level 130 even without Parasitic link. Or Gauss who maintains his defenses through movement and melee, so you know playing the game. Zephyr just pushes the bullets away so you don’t even need arcanes for her.

You know instead of being Revenant who has to run away every few seconds to recast Mesmer. Because charges based defense abilities don’t function well in horde shooters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How tf is Nidus’s most powerful and trademark ability his most useless?

Just like old Nekro's spam Desecrate was his trademark?

Ok, I will admit, its more bias against the mechanic than the ability itself.

All his kit is strong. But to me, Virulance is something that turns me off. Because no matter how powerful the ability is, its encouraging me to spam or use it a LOT so I access the other half of his kit. Those kind of frames, like the old Nekros, makes me put the frame on the side and I dont like using them, not even buying the deluxe skin made me play him for long.

You can say that it makes the warframe go into "Use less" territory for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You know instead of being Revenant who has to run away every few seconds to recast Mesmer. Because charges based defense abilities don’t function well in horde shooters.

I can see your principle, but in practice I have never felt that Mesmer Skin was anything below "average". Which might be your problem, "average" has never been good enough

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I can see your principle, but in practice I have never felt that Mesmer Skin was anything below "average". Which might be your problem, "average" has never been good enough

I think Baruuk is better than people give him credit for. Average can be just fine for me. Poorly designed garbage that needs to wait for the rest of their squad mates to stop being effective to finally be able to do something isn’t fine for me. A frame who’s ability theme was taken in a completely different direction than its appearance theme and backstory is not fine for me. Revenant is trash and needs a rework.

• Like 1

I mean chroma's ultimate has to be on this list right? That and ripline is a garbage ability. OP was right about ballistic battery. 25 energy for a single shot boost... I wonder why no one uses it.

Edited by Skaleek

16 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A frame who’s ability theme was taken in a completely different direction than its appearance theme and backstory is not fine for me.

If you're talking about "vampire", they actually hit it spot-on

See, the modern vampire of "basically Captain America's powers, but needs to drink blood to live" is a very recent interpretation. Old vampires, Count Dracula included, were Satan-worshiping sorcerers whose bodies were little more than corpses. They were basically ghouls with the power to hypnotize people (Enthrall, Mesmer Skin) and turn into a cloud. And it wasn't a cloud of bats specifically, it could be a cloud of anything, usually mist (Reave) so they could slip through cracks.

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you're talking about "vampire", they actually hit it spot-on

See, the modern vampire of "basically Captain America's powers, but needs to drink blood to live" is a very recent interpretation. Old vampires, Count Dracula included, were Satan-worshiping sorcerers whose bodies were little more than corpses. They were basically ghouls with the power to hypnotize people (Enthrall, Mesmer Skin) and turn into a cloud. And it wasn't a cloud of bats specifically, it could be a cloud of anything, usually mist (Reave) so they could slip through cracks.

And how exactly did he become a vampire? Because his lore doesn’t reflect that in the slightest. He was corrupted by Eidolon energy, so he should be an Eidolon/sentient frame. Not a vampire. Theres nothing in his backstory or the catalog of sentient and eidolon abilities that explains it. The only reason he has vampire abilities is because for some reason Rebecca was in charge of his development and completely disregarded the Eidolon theme because she wanted a vampire frame. His only properly Eidolon themed ability is Danse Macabre, which makes the rest of his completely redundant, so the most logical choice is completely purge his 1-3 (the vampire powers) and replace them with Eidolons/sentient themed abilities, because that clearly should’ve been what they were doing from the start.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And how exactly did he become a vampire? Because his lore doesn’t reflect that in the slightest. He was corrupted by Eidolon energy, so he should be an Eidolon/sentient frame. Not a vampire. Theres nothing in his backstory

It's metatextual. And while I enjoy metatext, you are well within your rights to say you don't

Sentients are basically evil pegan demons. Hunhow and Erra are named for Hun-Hunahpu and Irra, respectively a Mayan lore figure and the Akkadian god of plagues. "Warden" ws killed by the Sentients/demons and rose up as a Revenant/vampire

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

or the catalog of sentient and eidolon abilities that explains it.

As I already explained, his abilities ARE vampire abilities, not Eidolon

Uh...

3 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

Radial Javelin

^That. Seriously, Excalibro is fine in every way but Radial Javelin, and before somebody brings up the augment, I would literally, not metaphorically, LITERALLY, rather slot in Redirection.

- about 90% of first abilities, with obvious exceptions like Virulence and Spores.

- Loki's Decoy. never seen anyone bother with it, but then I've never actually seen a good Loki player (no joke)

- Vauban's boost pads, because why DE insist on him having a mobility boost is beyond me.

- Chroma's Effigy... too weak and uses up way too much energy.

there's more, but I CBA to go through a big list now. those are the ones that jump out anyway.

8 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Both could use a touch up, but I wouldn't consider them useless.
Mag being as squishy as she is, being able to pull enemies off their feet so they can't fire is, at the very least, theoretically valuable.
Nekros being able to zone with his 1 during reloads is also incredibly handy.

The game is starting to outgrow those moves in it's complexity, but those at least are not without some usefulness.

Chroma's 1, all day. That should Taunt, too.. or something.. and do like Way more damage/status? And range? ...Good lawd hammercy that skill is bad.

Magnetize provides some cover and nekross first augment is pretty neat, and while theyre not totally useless theyre outperformed by other available options that you can use regardless of your frame. Operator hadouken and void dashing, and vazarin. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- about 90% of first abilities, with obvious exceptions like Virulence and Spores.

- Loki's Decoy. never seen anyone bother with it, but then I've never actually seen a good Loki player (no joke)

- Vauban's boost pads, because why DE insist on him having a mobility boost is beyond me.

- Chroma's Effigy... too weak and uses up way too much energy.

there's more, but I CBA to go through a big list now. those are the ones that jump out anyway.

Vauban pads exist solely for using spin to win heavy blade combos and zoom about for the memes. 

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

As I already explained, his abilities ARE vampire abilities, not Eidolon

And that’s the problem. There’s no justification for it. Coming back as an undead being doesn’t immediately equal vampire. Otherwise every Drauger I killed in Skyrim would’ve been dropping vampire stuff. Warframe + Eidolon =/= vampire. It’s a very simple logic formula than not even references to the Mayans can justify breaking.
We could of had a really amazing Eidolon frame and a completely seperate amazing Vampire frame, but they combined the 2 and we just got trash. It’s insulting for DE to be like “oh here’s a frame modeled after an Eidolon, making them the first frame modeled after a boss” and then having his abilities not reflect that in the slightest.
Revenant needs to be reworked to be proper Eidolon themed and because right now his vampire powers (his 1-3) are holding him back. It’s honestly pathetic that Danse Macabre was added at the tail end of his development  as a replacement to another ability and it makes his entire kit redundant. Like for the afterthought to be better than the intended design is just sad.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

23 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Magnetize provides some cover and nekross first augment is pretty neat, and while theyre not totally useless theyre outperformed by other available options that you can use regardless of your frame. Operator hadouken and void dashing, and vazarin. 

That's a totally fair assessment.

15 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

It’s a guarantee when you include GearsMatrix into a Thread that have him.

They're kind of a staple in any thread involving Rev. ...I sorta feel like DE should have some subtle nod to him in the wording or something of whatever Rev update happens in the future. I don't know what, but something.