Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

On 2020-02-05 at 6:21 AM, Vedlom said:

The larvlings do not display their weapon once downed.

We might require another hotfix.

You need to move closer to them, then the gun will be shown above, I thought the same but moved closer and up it popped.

On 2020-02-05 at 2:59 AM, --Q--Andy said:

Thanks for Lich changes. Looking forward to Murmur changes.

Also can we revert the Wukong nerf? The nerf was totally unnecessary.

And last but not least, did you forget about Machete? It isn't available for 2years now.

What Wu Kong Nerf?

Seems to me that there is a lot of "money for nothing and the lich for free" in this thread (paraphrasing the Dire Straits hit from '85). I don't really get it. And the other main argument sounds a lot like the age-old "I put my d*ck in completely by mistake, so I just can't be responsible for the lich, so could someone fix so I can quickly get rid of it". 

Personally I would like an option to reduce the time spent murmur farming by increasing the difficulty/challenge. This would also fit into my lich universe, where the real challenge lies in getting the maximum amount of thralls in every mission. Maximising thralls reduce the amount farming them quite a lot, but somehow a lot of my Tenno compatriots seem to fail at this basic math, and both speed-rush through lich missions and immediately down liches when they appear. Which will approx. halve the number of thralls, which halves the amount of murmurs and thus double the amount of lich missions you have to do. Unless you aim to crack your lich by simply brute-forcing the requiem code, in which case the thing that matters most speed-levelling it to lvl 5 (so that it doesn't loose aggro anymore) and thralls/murmurs are just a sort of secondary bonus with the potential to reduce the farm a bit.

My solution to murmur farming would be a designated "attack the lich home lair" endless mission:

• It would utilize the tried and true endless formula, complete with rotations. Which all players know (and love 🙂).
  • It would allow new thralls to spawn during every rotation (increasing murmur gain), but it should also increase difficulty aggressively and so increase the risk that if you chose to go on you might end up with nothing (fail the mission = loose everything gained in-mission).
  • To up the ante further all participating players would have to pay X murmurs to participate (= a cost for "finding" the lair), the same mechanic as in the Index. This would also gate the mission to "lich-hunters only", which could/would stop any abuse (or at least reduce it a bit).
  • To avoid making this just another farming option, the mission should be time-gated (again a known concept, this time from arbitratrion). When ending or failing the mission the lich should "move it's lair" (since it was found, duh) to another (random) node it controls. The "moving it's hoard" could take 60 minutes, which would inhibit sheer farming and make the mission more meaningful at the same time.
  • Since we are talking about "a lair" it could be in the form of a survival mission on a small (arena-like) part of the current tileset, or it could be an "lair-adapted defense" where you hack the console opening the next door (leading "inward" towards the lair) and then have to defend it from being destroyed. It could even use the key-terminal system from Disruptions, but having keys with requiem symbols and allowing all enemies to damage/destroy the terminal.
  • Lots of options, playing around with familiar mechanisms. But overall it would be preferrable if the rotations took a bit longer and the difference between them were greater, both concerning rewards and difficulty. The same small stepwise increase from normal missions would sort of destroy the whole thing.
  • The lich itself could/should join in every rotation (at "current starchart level" + "rotation level" = a real nemesis challenge), but when defeated/downed should always retreat (no option for parazoning to try out requiems). This would both put the lich into focus (they show up kind of rarely in normal thrall missions) and allow for show-casing it's attacks and abilities (wonder what a lvl 10 lich would be like, hmm).
  • Even though the lich originally was thought of as a "personal nemesis", if the Tenno are allowed to band together, so should the lichs => the lichs of the other participating players could also join the fight, but randomly (the lich defending it's own lair joins every rotation). I can imagine a mechanic for also getting help from your converted lichs (several lichs joining the fray on both sides during a rotation would spice things up considerably and be lots of fun).
  • Every rotation you go should also increase the lich aggro level one step = a more pissed of lich at the new aggro level after the mission = the mission would be a way to increase aggro and lich spawn rate in the normal missions.
  • Since it would be endless rotation based, you could have more varied and better rewards, which is something many are hoping for. A new interesting would be if the rotation rewards would (partly) be in the form of "stealing the lich's stuff from its hoard". Which could a mechanic (semi-)randomly selecting stuff from the collective "superhoard" of all active liches in the game. That would guarantee some surprises. It could also be selected up front, and shown before the player(s) select whether to exit or continue with the next rotation ("you spot X, Y and Z, will you stay and fight for it or leave").

I have no clue whatsoever as to how many murmurs you would/should be able to get and/or how to scale this. But I do know that given the option to do this kind of challenge I would prefer it over any of the other options. And it would have a stronger co-op factor than doing the current murmur farms together, the increasing challenge-reward means we would get into it at clan-level. Btw, I don't see this as a "make everything easier and gimme more stuff"-option, rather as a mechanic where you can risk something (a few murmurs as the cost, the risk of failing the mission) in order to win something.

On 2020-02-04 at 6:13 PM, Martin1515 said:

Lolll. An Impact Based bow. That's the new Dred

By that logic, the Lenz is also An Impact Based bow. 

hfE1hHj.png

But as you know since you've owned Lenz, the weapon is mostly radial attack based.  But I'm sure you knew that 😉 

15 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I would be happy if they said "If you do this, you cannot create another Kuva Lich for an entire week." I have a Kuva Lich I did intend to create, but that ended up with a lousy weapon roll, and I'd rather abandon it and come back a week later to try again than grind this out. 

You can upgrade ur weapon even if the roll is bad, it adds to the existing one and u can max it out at 60%.

Well after a 30 runs for Kuva Lich here is the results;

Drakgoon - 2         Hind - 0     Karak - 0    Kohm - 2

Ogris - 2            Quartakk - 6   Tonkor - 1   Brakk - 3

Kraken - 1        Nukor - 0    Seer - 2      Twin Stubbas - 3

Bramma - 0     Chakkhurr - 3    Shildeg - 1  Ayanga - 3

None - Once

Why are the new ones not in mix?????

On 2020-02-04 at 9:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

A downed Kuva Larvling will now display an icon of the Kuva weapon that it’s birthed Kuva Lich will possess!

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. All I see is white bar "X spawn lich" and that's it, no icon above, no text - nothing.

And all I need right now is another goddamn Kraken! :-(

8 minutes ago, daktfi said:

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. All I see is white bar "X spawn lich" and that's it, no icon above, no text - nothing.

And all I need right now is another goddamn Kraken! 😞

Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that this happened because they didn't land the killing blow on the larvling. I saw this issue once as well when I was using a celestial twin from Wukong and a Kavat. I don't use them in larvling hunts now, and in the many dozens of runs since then, I haven't seen the issue again.

1 hour ago, voodoorayray said:

Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that this happened because they didn't land the killing blow on the larvling. I saw this issue once as well when I was using a celestial twin from Wukong and a Kavat. I don't use them in larvling hunts now, and in the many dozens of runs since then, I haven't seen the issue again.

Oh, thanks! I was using Mirage with shedu, and larvling probably got a hit from a doppelganger.

First of all, many thanks for the update! Getting a preview of which weapon the Lich will have is very time-saving (downed the Larva only in Solo with Gunfire only, havent encountered bugs so far for that matter).

After 2 Brakks, 2 Kohms, 2 Krakens, 2 Stubbas, 1 Kohm, 1 Ogris, 1 Quartakk and 1 Tonkor, I managed to get a Bramma. Cant wait to pursuit my Allergic-to-Nature-Lich.

But I think he, well, has a mental disorder. He's holding his Arrow wrong. It starts in his Hand but goes through his testicles and I think this isnt how it is intented. But at least he has the alternate Octavia-Helmet on his shoulder, not Excals.

9 minutes ago, PyroMail.Com said:

First of all, many thanks for the update! Getting a preview of which weapon the Lich will have is very time-saving (downed the Larva only in Solo with Gunfire only, havent encountered bugs so far for that matter).

After 2 Brakks, 2 Kohms, 2 Krakens, 2 Stubbas, 1 Kohm, 1 Ogris, 1 Quartakk and 1 Tonkor, I managed to get a Bramma. Cant wait to pursuit my Allergic-to-Nature-Lich.

But I think he, well, has a mental disorder. He's holding his Arrow wrong. It starts in his Hand but goes through his testicles and I think this isnt how it is intented. But at least he has the alternate Octavia-Helmet on his shoulder, not Excals.

When did you get it???

Because I have not seen any new kuva weapons drops all day yesterday or today.

3 minutes ago, MadEagle said:

When did you get it???

Because I have not seen any new kuva weapons drops all day yesterday or today.

Not the person you asked, but it took about 10 Cassini runs to get a larvaling with the Bramma. That was on the day the update was released.

I have not seen any new weapons since then (maybe 20 additional tries?), just the original ones. 

7 hours ago, MadEagle said:

Well after a 30 runs for Kuva Lich here is the results;

Drakgoon - 2         Hind - 0     Karak - 0    Kohm - 2

Ogris - 2            Quartakk - 6   Tonkor - 1   Brakk - 3

Kraken - 1        Nukor - 0    Seer - 2      Twin Stubbas - 3

Bramma - 0     Chakkhurr - 3    Shildeg - 1  Ayanga - 3

None - Once

Why are the new ones not in mix?????

I can't post my own full results primarily because a bunch of Liches since the new update didn't show what weapon they were going to generate (seven in total)

But the ones that did show up

I had like 8x krakens, 3x Orgris, 2 x Tonkor, 1x Karak, 1 x Seer, 1x Nukor, 1x Hind

So the new ones are there just RNG at the end of the day, but talking of RNG, seeing that many Krakens so frequently and in such a short period of time made me want to quit the game... I don't mind it every now and then but close to 50% of the results was just annoying the heck out of me

that new skin is a RIP OFF .BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WANT MONEY MONEY NOTHING FREE FOR THE GAME OH HELL NO. I AM NOT GIVE MORE MONEY OUT AND PEOPLE SAY IT IS A FREE GAME NO IT IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME THE PEOPLE WHAT MAKE WARFRAME BAG OF LIES . I AM SORRY GUYS BUT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 7 YEARS NOW AND NOTHING IS NEW JUST MONEY YOU PEOPLE WHO LOVE WARFRAME TOO MUCH SHOULD NOT PLAY ANY MORE OF THE RIP OFF GAME IT IS 

1 minute ago, QueenB76 said:

AND PEOPLE SAY IT IS A FREE GAME NO IT IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME THE PEOPLE WHAT MAKE WARFRAME BAG OF LIES . I AM SORRY GUYS BUT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 7 YEARS NOW AND NOTHING IS NEW JUST MONEY 

You don't have to buy anything. They now even give out slots through nightwave and a quest mission. What exactly is the mandatory expense that you see is the lynch pin to your argument?

On 2020-02-04 at 1:29 PM, VenomousValentine said:

I would prefer patchnotes to actually be good instead of whacky and relatable.

Same, but having good patchnotes that are fun to read is also good. 

Are you one of those tenno who are never happy because the game isnt perfect, upset cuz a lich killed you on parazon fail one too many times? 

Or are you glad we got these actual improvements instead of getting a stinky middle finger and otherwise being ignored

I swear, for some people, nothing is good enough. 

48 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

You don't have to buy anything. They now even give out slots through nightwave and a quest mission. What exactly is the mandatory expense that you see is the lynch pin to your argument?

Dont feed the animals. Keep off the grass. Keep hands and feet to yourself / inside the vehicle at all times etc etc etc. 

Archived