Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee Heavy Attacks are no longer able to be triggered by holding 'E', they again live exclusively on Alt-Fire.

• The loss of Melee Combo Counter feedback due to spamming Melee drove the vast amounts of requests for Melee Heavy Attack to not be holding ‘E’. A toggle for Melee Heavy Attacks is not in the cards, thus Melee Heavy Attacks are now essentially brought back to its original mechanic of having to use Alt-Fire. 

giphy.gif

Now that I can have fun again, please keep up with the players with feedback for the rest of the game.

Shameless Plug: #FixChroma

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Garuda - Bloodletting Augment: Bloodforge
Garuda's equipped weapon is reloaded up to 100%.

ok tbh, this sounds not worth a mod... it sure gives weapons where i can see its usefull but, fairly, Garuda is more or less a melee-based frame and this mod should be replaced with something like "garudas melee power goes up 25% for the next 12 seconds. stackable up to 4 times" (its just a sample but this would help her much more)

7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

So it seems we're still forced to 'waste' 5 forma if we want full xp from kuva weapons, even if we think the weapon is junk and little more than mr fodder..... pretty sure that was one of the big issues with kuva *weapons* for a lot of people, but funny how that's still in, suppose you've got to sell those forma bundles somehow....

And there is no real bonus aside from additional unused mod capacity unlike Paracesis that grows on the extra damage to sentient beyond rank 30 and upon reaching rank 40 it gain the ability to reset sentient adaptation.

Regarding the requiem transmutation, please consider instead allowing players to recharge the mod directly by consuming 1 requiem mod of any type for 1 charge on the target requiem mod. Personally, since litch release, I still lack 1 of the requiem mods from relic #1 due to horrendous rng. Having to get a new requiem mod to charge the required mod would still require the player to take part in the requiem relic game play while avoiding the issue of loosing the abillity to properly engage a litch.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A fully charged throw of the Orvius will now activate its unique enemy suspension mechanic. 

After some testing, it's so far so good but three issues:

1. Very slow projectile speed to the point that Whirlwind is needed from mid-range.
  2. Conversly, while the slow projectile speed fixes the homing issue where the Orvius would "swirl" around the target's head harmlessly, increasing it makes the issue reappear again. Rank 2 Whirlwind is the desired increased for both projectile speed and to prevent the Orvius from doing that behavior.
  3. The Orvius will target even corpses that are not in an animation, which can cause the Glaive to detonate, likely killing you.

So far, so good with the Lich changes, and considering how strong the Kuva Nukor and Kuva Hind is, this is a good start. Keep it up for the rest of the month until the next mainline!

6 minutes ago, Scarletwing said:

Did anyone has problem with their larvaling not showing its weapon??

....Was so excited to login for hunting again

But after 1st larvaling show its weapon, Nothing ever show again..... only "Spawn Lich" only their head.

So sad. 

New bug. If a pet or warframe ability kills it then the icon won't show up. So don't bring wukong clone or pets that can attack.

Some great changes, but the BIGGEST thing that makes me not even play with the Kuva Lich system is that I can't play with my friends. This is a coop game, and we are discouraged from playing coop. We need to be able to increase our hate bar with the kuva lich while in other people's missions.

Well, as a random observation: the Kuva Bramma is is fun. And, mine is named "Ortu Gata Kuva Bramma" which is like a chant or something. On the downside, it's a 30% one and the grind is too steep to do the piecemeal upgrade route.

Also, I seriously want you all to consider placing Lich Dispelling back on the front burner, because the problem of the 25% gun still exists.

I have a lich sporting a 25% Kuva Ogris. It was absolutely great to say "Hey, I don't have that gun, let's do it." On the other hand, it's a real bummer knowing that with the distribution of bonuses, it will probably take 15-20 hours of grinding repeat Kuva Ogris...uh...Ogrises? Ogrisi?...to rank that up to something useful. 

(Alternatively, compress the bonus range to 40-60). 

THANK YOU for these wonderful Kuva Lich improvements, based on countless fan requests.  This is definitely overdue at this point and should have been a priority much earlier (read: before shoving Empyrean live way too early and forcing you to pick and choose which to fix first - obviously Empyrean got preference because it was hyped for two years via Tennocon publicity stunts), but that is not what matters here.  What matters is that DESPITE biting off way more than you could chew and pushing far too many unenjoyable systems live back-to-back with the broken initial iterations of Kuva Liches and Railjack, both of them now feel in very satisfying, progression-granting places.  The RNG isn't gone, but it is tempered by common sense "pity breaker" mechanics.  Sincere thanks here,  DE.

Also on the topic of iteration based on fan feedback, the Ivara deluxe skin looks much better, but given it's original starting point and how badly it betrayed the concept of Ivara herself that wasn't much of an accomplishment.  Yes, I know it was made by the same designer who created the original Ivara; that doesn't change that the designer took it in all the wrong directions originally.  I still think this skin is going to be a hard "I'll pass" on this one based on previewing it in game, despite the fact I have platinum to spare and Ivara is by far my favorite warframe, which I always lauded pre-prime for its base appearance that shamed even the first attempts at Tennogen for it.  There's a reason she has 30% of my warframe usage.

Frankly, Ivara deluxe looks pretty alright at this point just as a concept overall, but it feels so wildly unlike Ivara (not just a new direction, which deluxe skins try to take, but as wildly and inappropriately different as the very unpopular Ember deluxe), but it would have been better as a new warframe or even an deluxe skin for a different warframe.  Sorry to bring such disappointed feedback on this topic despite my positively elated feelings about the Kuva Lich changes.

I hesitate to bring up yet another complaint as that's what most of my post has become at this point, so I just want to stress once more that my overwhelming feelings about this update are positive: the Kuva Lich changes are a lifesaver and I will actually be sincerely farming them again which I never thought would actually happen.  But I want to be thorough and so let's dive into it...

...Blood Forge, really?  Is this a real augment, or a joke?  You know we already had a way to reload our weapon by pressing a single button, right?  It's called the Reload key.  Meanwhile, Baruuk is getting two augments that are going to positively break him through the ceiling and Garuda gets the ability to lose 50% of her hp to accomplish the same thing as using the Reload key??? This isn't just a forgettable, niche augment like Piercing Navigator for Ivara (which you can put on meme builds once in a while to have fun).  This is an augment that just feels like the total waste of an entire mod slot, meant to tick off a checkbox on an ability that didn't have an augment yet.  I strongly urge you to rework Blood Forge into something... anything at all worth using even for a niche purpose.  To be clear: I realize Garuda doesn't need some insanely powerful augment to function powerfully (quite the opposite... but the same is also true for Baruuk that got MASSIVELY buffing augments here).  But augments shouldn't just be code bloat that offer nothing but increased installation space on our hard drives.  Thank you.

Again, sorry for bringing up a couple major disappointments for me on a patch I am already VERY enthusiastic about, but I felt the feedback needs to be out there to help you keep abreast of fan opinions.  Accept my sincere gratitude for the overall content in this update.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee Heavy Attacks are no longer able to be triggered by holding 'E', they again live exclusively on Alt-Fire.

There is still an issue with this in regards to Glaives/Thrown Melee:

Ever since Alt-Fire now triggers Heavy Slams when pressed while airborne, it has become impossible to throw glaives while jumping/air gliding, because it simply results in heavy slams, while the quick melee button results in a regular slam or a single attack, even if held. The only exception is when wielding a onehanded pistol together with a glaive, but any stance outside of that cannot throw while airborne.

(I might also mention here that Heavy Attack mods still increase the damage of a mysterious "Heavy Attack" in a glaives statblock, but not the throw, which is the only thing accessible by pushing the Heavy Attack button on a glaive....)

Is there a way to get the Forma(s), Potato, and Damage Type from a Kuva weapon with Valence Fusion but still be able to upgrade the percentage amount? I have a Radiation Kuva Kraken that i have 3 Forma, a Potato and has Radiation on it, and i want to fuse a Kraken with Fire on it (i will get 60% off of this)

7 hours ago, Wolffe01192937 said:

After some testing it would appear that using abilities (tested only with Mirage) has a chance to prevent the Weapon image from showing. Not using abilities before downing the Larva seems to work fine so far.

I had this happen as well.

I would not be surprised if this happened when a mirror image killed the larvling. That was bugged in the past as well.

Archived