Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do other players blame you when they're working against team synergy?

(PSN)Vodka_Vision_

10 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Rule of thumb is that no one should be telling anyone else how to play. Something about people living in glass houses.. They didn't make that build specifically around you and your heals, so they certainly had a critical role in their demise, regardless. For whatever reason, they're used to a team covering for them in a more focused way.. maybe they're a wee bit full of themselves.. maybe they have a nasty habit of blaming others and need to be set to ignore. ..maybe the person not working with team synergy to them, was the healer who didn't heal.. But, there's some explanation in nearly all cases. The main thing is, while it's always nice to be able to clutch for your team, you're not obligated to be their nanny, wingman, servant, or even on your game, unless recruiting specifically into a squad with that in mind from the start. We here can't know everyone's reasoning, and who's at fault for what doesn't matter. Take that mission as guidance for the future in whatever way you chose to build or conduct yourself, and hopefully they do the same.

This but in comic Sans and italicized 

I was in a Defense mission and one guy complained about Gara's glass wall as too bright. Then the next guy complained about me Nekros shadows. The group fell apart before wave 5, because first Gara left, then the guy complaining about her. Then it was only me and the guy complaining about Nekros and at wave 5 I decided that I don't want to give him a shot at whatever was in my radiant relic, so I pulled out before the wave was finished.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

I was playing an arbitration with a rage oberon, recently, and a volt with the capacitance mod was complaining that I wasn't healing... Like, how am I supposed to do that when I'm not taking damage to make energy? Even after explaining to them that they're preventing me from making energy and getting them the buffs they want, they kept whining that they weren't getting heals.Even with a pizza, my healing drains me faster than I can make energy unless I'm tanking tons of damage.

A few things are worth noting:

1) You probably need another source of energy if you had trouble sustaining when unable to use Rage or Hunter Adrenaline. A Sahasa kubrow is actually decent at digging up energy orbs. You could also use weapons with Entropy to gain a small amount of energy when it procs. You could also make sure your efficiency and duration are high enough to provide the lowest drain over time as possible.

2) You can flash Renewal to heal as it has a large initial heal. While it is far more situational it can allow you to ability to heal allies and then disable it to regain energy using Zenurik or Entropy procs.

3) Bad players will always find a way to mess up. The worst players will blame others instead of learning from these failures. Don't take it personally (but please learn from this shortcoming of your build).

27 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Then it was only me and the guy complaining about Nekros and at wave 5 I decided that I don't want to give him a shot at whatever was in my radiant relic, so I pulled out before the wave was finished.

I can understand Nekros Shadow hate if it was a Survival but Defense, that's just ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I mean, no offense to your healing prowess OP, but if the guy cannot stay alive in arbi without an Broberon baby sitting him, he just sucks (or has no business being in arbi yet), there's nothing you could have done to help him.

This. It's understandable to want whatever buffs you can get from your team, but if you're crutching on it that hard...

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

If only they weren't buried behind maximum faction rep for 2 of the most annoying factions.

Yeah but they're cheap plat wise. I dont know about PC/ps4 but on xbox they go for like 50-100 plat. About the same as an unvaulted prime set. Toroid farming can be cabbage for new players but bounty farming on the PoE isnt that bad.

After many a moons of not having this, it happened to me today while doing a murmur Extractor. Was playing with a Trin (MR15) and a Saryn(MR27). I was a raging Nidus.

The Saryn was nuking the whole area so the enemies were stopping to flinch way far away from us. The Trin had no targets to Well of Life or Energy Vamp and I had no bodies to get stacks from. Trying to keep up with the Trinity since they are a lower MR, the Saryn goes down twice and revives before we can get to them both times. They get knocked down once more after they leave where we are getting an extractor up...and then quit on us when we hit 312.

After getting to 500, I message the Saryn to ask what reason they left. They said we were not doing anything to help and they only had 2 revives left. Yeah....this is the reason MR can be deceiving

7 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

After many a moons of not having this, it happened to me today while doing a murmur Extractor. Was playing with a Trin (MR15) and a Saryn(MR27). I was a raging Nidus.

The Saryn was nuking the whole area so the enemies were stopping to flinch way far away from us. The Trin had no targets to Well of Life or Energy Vamp and I had no bodies to get stacks from. Trying to keep up with the Trinity since they are a lower MR, the Saryn goes down twice and revives before we can get to them both times. They get knocked down once more after they leave where we are getting an extractor up...and then quit on us when we hit 312.

After getting to 500, I message the Saryn to ask what reason they left. They said we were not doing anything to help and they only had 2 revives left. Yeah....this is the reason MR can be deceiving

Sounds like a normal everyday Saryn Player

12 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

It was infestation. They kept walking in the poison clouds from the mutalist ospreys. 

So, why didn't you stand in the clouds and take a deep breath? The poison smells very energizing.

Now, see, if it was infestation, then I can give you an excuse of being low on energy because of parasitic eximii. That happens. Especially in conjunction with disruptor ancients.

But in that case, you shouldn't go around and blame Volt for working against team synergy or whatever.

Edited by WindigoTG

If you were having energy issues without it being drained, it may be due to mod choice, or frequent and poor use of abilities. I use Oberon a lot for arbitration against all factions, and I only ever run into issues occasionally after 1 hour when energy orbs randomly decide to stop dropping, but even then, against infested I just sit in an aoe for 1 hit, and back to full energy.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Hallowed grants knockdown immunity.

Could also save the energy and just position better.

"Oberon's close ties to the Madurai Pol.svgMadurai polarity — a sharp, sweeping symbol linked primarily to damage mods — reinforce his theme as a zealous warrior."

I stopped bringing safeguard to public arbis when a guy died and literally said "I was waiting for you Nezha"

This guy literally thought I was his personal shield that was supposed to follow him around....