Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, spicyframe420 said:

Why guardian received nerf ? 

I frankly couldn't care less about the "meta" arcane since what they offering are a lazy way of playing. While this arcane offered an additional layer of fat for very squish frames and easy of access in terms of grind for.

Wouldn't reducing the chance and the consistency of arcane imply there should be a bulk buff, so +800 armor for 30 second sound fair for losing 5% from the chance of it being applied. 

Armor changes / reword for teno don't really cut as an excuse  for leaving % chance nerfed while having the same buff amount. 

I agree a lot with this. Guardian is borderline necessary to have any real survivability with squish frames in high level content. As eventually you will be hit by something and multiple times when it happens. I don't use energize at all or even use efficiency mods for 90% of my builds and have no issues with energy while doing high level content. Energize was simply too good of a thing to last forever and wouldn't be as painful if it was addressed sooner. But sorry to all of you that got hit by the nerf bat, gets us all in the end.

Edited by Cyro_the_Dragon

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, you can bypass it, but it's too RNG dependent and I'll be honest, I farmed about 3 Kuva Liches (Two of my own) and one, by helping a pal with his Kuva and the grind is SLOW. The whole guessing game needs to be outright removed as well. If you HAVE the mods, you can kill it. There is no need to add a layer of RNG to guess a ORDER of mods. We don't put mods in order for anything else, so why start.

The "more changes" they are thinking about, need to be here on Mainline Day 1, not "when we feel like it or oh look shiny content to distract you"

Oh yea I agree its to rng dependent, but they are improving it

Had some time to watch devstream and here is what i noticed:

https://youtu.be/E3cnuoS_krY?t=3620

Look, you call it a buff while it is around 70%(from 100% to 30%) nerf to shotguns at first look BUT also as status per projectile will go extremely low(as was shown on devstream) it is even huger nerf.

Yeah, you can say "This it's not that simple" but 100 is bigger than 30 and it is a known fact.

Also already weak enough Redeemer will go completely unusable as a gun and will be viable only for blade function.

For such changes it would be really good to have opt-in for some weeks so we can actually see if it is going good or bad and if majority of players will not wish to stay on new version it should not be implemented at all.

I´ve slept a night on it and frankly it makes even less sense to me now. In case any DE employee is actually reading this thread, consider this:

the goal: get rid of doublestacking arcanes and spread out the usage more

the reality: punish everyone who actually does not have two maxed sets of each arcane and therefore does not doublestack by forcing them to grind 11 more copies per arcane just to max out what they already had maxed out and still get a worse result as far as the most popular arcanes go

Not to mention that chances are people will still be using the same 3 or 4 arcanes on most frames even despite nerfing them, because the others are just not as good or they are more niche even in their buffed form.

Likewise:

"People are not playing railjack as much as we hoped, what shall we do?"

"Oh I know, let´s make them grind the ish out of Eidolons again or force them to 24/7 the new operation by deranking their arcanes. That will surely make them play railjack more."

Wrong. I´m not farming Eidolons again no matter what and you can bet that if I´m forced to nolife the hell out of the new operation just to get my arcanes maxed out again, it will surely make me despise railjack as much as I despise Eidolon farming now and I´m not gonna touch it ever again.

All in all, despite of a lot of good changes that were presented on the devstream, this overshadows all of them for me and just leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. And with that I´m done voicing my opinion on this. Hopefully some employee reads my two cents and stops to think about it for a second, but I´m not crossing my fingers...

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Kayaba said:

Oh yea I agree its to rng dependent, but they are improving it

Yes "Improving", it's a start but not enough, yes they are good changes but these are all things that have been asked for and should be in-game for years and now out of no where, they add it now?. It feels far too bitter-sweet. An low way to try draw players back to their game, as I think by now the fail of Railjack and Kuva Liches, is what burned this game hard and what's the best way to fix it?, Actually fix the game. You see the little hint here?.

if DE keeps adding more stuff like this along the year, sure, it MIGHT draw players back. But the only issue is still yet to fix other stuff. the annoying part about this is there is gonna be content creator fans boyin. content creators mention fixing old stuff, "omg DE listened to them, they are gods, let's annoy everyone about it"

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

100x Restore Blueprints (Scaling Costs).

You could have simply done what should have been done years ago and added a Foundry queue, with it we could set a certain amount of X item to be built one after another without having to come pick it up and start the next one manually. The completed ones could be in the Foundry waiting for pickup as they are now or they could be auto added to your inventory, it matters little there, but the fact that you have to come back multiple times a day in very specific times to pick up your forma and put another, pick up your catalyst and put another, some materials and consumables makes it really bothersome and often times unachievable because we are unavailable at those times with life.

A lot of the things in this game have an unnecessarily massive amount of time required to do the simple things because you probably never thought too far into the games potential future and expansion and you never revamped these systems so we waste time everywhere now, this really needs a good look into.

One thing I find myself wasting A LOT of time is fashion, and it's not because I can't decide what I want to do, it's because there is so much gear in this game and changing something like an energy color now on all of that gear takes about 2-4 hours cause you need to change 4x energy color per weapon, or up to 13 energy colors per warframe if you have attachments, syandana and regalia energy colors as well as the main frame colors.. Having an option to set X colors to X weapons and frames all together with a few clicks would be amazing, you mark them like you do in your inventory when you're selling unneeded things and have it apply specific colors to all of them together would make something that now takes hours take but a few moments.

Conclusion/Point : You should focus more on improving the quality of life of the existing systems instead of adding pointless things that aren't necessary if you simply adjust and revamp those outdated systems.

15 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes "Improving", it's a start but not enough, yes they are good changes but these are all things that have been asked for and should be in-game for years and now out of no where, they add it now?. It feels far too bitter-sweet. An low way to try draw players back to their game, as I think by now the fail of Railjack and Kuva Liches, is what burned this game hard and what's the best way to fix it?, Actually fix the game. You see the little hint here?.

if DE keeps adding more stuff like this along the year, sure, it MIGHT draw players back. But the only issue is still yet to fix other stuff. the annoying part about this is there is gonna be content creator fans boyin. content creators mention fixing old stuff, "omg DE listened to them, they are gods, let's annoy everyone about it"

I personally enjoyed both railjack and liches some in my eyes they aren’t a failure, do they need work absolutely, but I also realize that the reason I probably enjoyed them is that I’ve only been playing for little under a year thus I wouldn’t be nearly as burnt out as someone who been playing since launch 

Some good changes, DE.

BUT

- removing self dmg completely goes too far. All we (?) asked for was to rebalance the amount of dmg we get. Let us survive a direct blow with 10,25,50% hp, or sth like that...

- Arcanes are fine like they are. You said you don´t want to increase the grind, but that´s exactly what you do. Adding cooldowns is a horrible idea.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Status Chance Mod Buffs 

The Status Chance Mods we released many years ago have not been considered worthwhile - there are simply better options within the Status Mod builds (Dual Stats) or Critical builds are more appealing. We are buffing all Standalone Status Chance Mods to increase the appeal of building for Status on your Weapons:

Rifle Aptitude increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Melee Prowess increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Sure Shot increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Shotgun Savvy increased from 30% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Why? This is a long overdue change that will thrive when paired with the above change of giving >100% Status meaning. The goal is to give your Arsenals a shake up in terms of what Status may mean for some of your Collection! This is a power output increase across the board for Status.

What about Stunning Speed? is it going to stay at 10% Status Chance increase?

Cooldowns to Energize and Grace are the biggest insults I've heard from devs this year so far, especially considering that Aegis (which is basically shield Grace) isn't going to get the same treatment.

I like the rest of the upcoming changes, and I even understand the move to remove twin Arcanes, but arbitrary cooldowns to Grace and Energize just because they're popular (because face it, there are no other real explanation, especially when considering the Aegis inconsistency) ruined the rest of it to me.

Edited by Mattoropael

First of all, thank you, great devstream. This is what the game needs the most in my opinion and those of many people that I play with.

These changes are sure to introduce plenty of new problems, but that is not a bad thing, most importantly- changes are happening and precisely the right ones. I'm very excited about this update and looking forward to seeing it and participating in the community-developer discussion.

100x Consumables for the Restores only? Since QoL was high on theses plans, why not go even further?

Just make it so every consumable can be put on continuous build or "select the amount" with costs and time auto-scaled, please.

The gameplay of "click-click-wait-click-repeat" is not engrossing at all. Paying the plat to circumvent the wait is even worse, because you're gaining a few seconds only on the wait (since you can't click and the server won't ack at lightspeed) and it results in one extra clicking. This is all just Pavlovian training.

Imagine minerals/gems auto-processing overnight, no more "grab your mobile phone to stack up ciphers". Your only work is to have the resources, and plan the time/costs.

Please. Make it hard where it needs to be only. Consumables processing shouldn't be hard.

10 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

- removing self dmg completely goes too far. All we (?) asked for was to rebalance the amount of dmg we get. Let us survive a direct blow with 10,25,50% hp, or sth like that...

- Arcanes are fine like they are. You said you don´t want to increase the grind, but that´s exactly what you do. Adding cooldowns is a horrible idea.

I politely disagree. I think for the power fantasy of a game that warframe is, adding several stages of stagger instead of percentage self damage is more than I could have asked for and the best solution in the range of all I've considered personally and discussed with others.

As for arcanes, too, the meta ones are fine, they have some use, but the sentiment for changing all of them is certainly reasonable, as most of the arcanes are precisely just trash that are not worth using under any circumstance. Right now, we double stack meta arcanes for x2 effect. If they remove double stacking and buff the single arcanes to the x1.5 of their effect, that would mean we could equip 2 different meta arcanes, for a potentially greater total result. 

That alone would be great and if changes to other arcanes brings more of them into the meta, that's even better.

So let me get this straight.  Implementing shield gating for those Warframes with shields.  Adds additional protection from being one shotted.  And your goal was to as stated, "to reduce the number of ‘1-shots’ you take when your shields are up, particularly for Shield-based frames." 

Meaning that the two frames the don't have shields... Nidus and Inaros.  Will still remain being one shotted?

Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong but it is a good thing for shielded frames.  However the facts still remain there is a one-shot problem.

I seriously hope, that in those updates, you will finally include in game options, a "toggle hit screenflash" button, as i have requested several times, so that i'll finally be able after all these years to stop using my handmade screenflash cover attached on my monitor. Let's see if you will continue showing ignorance and apathy for our eye health by maintaining and adding flashy visual fx.

2 minutes ago, Yotan said:

So let me get this straight.  Implementing shield gating for those Warframes with shields.  Adds additional protection from being one shotted.  And your goal was to as stated, "to reduce the number of ‘1-shots’ you take when your shields are up, particularly for Shield-based frames." 

Meaning that the two frames the don't have shields... Nidus and Inaros.  Will still remain being one shotted?

Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong but it is a good thing for shielded frames.  However the facts still remain there is a one-shot problem.

Out side of self Damage when was the last time time you saw a well built Inaros or nidus get one shotted, the only example I can give is high level endurance runs but not a lot people do those 

11 hours ago, baoyouming said:

I don't have a problem killing lvl 5 liches, I just don't want to be bothered to when there's no reason to (apart from getting the most attempts off of liches, or leveling gear).

Well it makes no difference to me if a lich is rank 1 or rank 5, their healthbar disappears in one shot of my Redeemer either way. So it's no bother really.

I'm saying it works as is and there are very easy ways to accomplish what you want without changing it. If the change suggested is implemented then they will have to MR lock lichs since they will inevitably always get ranked up to 5 before they can be killed, unless you get extremely lucky on your early guesses.

There's also already a very easy way to accomplish what you want, just don't stab the lich when it shows up.

If that's the only way you farm lichs (i.e. grouping with specific friends and wanting to aggro your lich constantly) then sure. But I don't think everyone should be forced to do it that way, by which I mean you shouldn't have to constantly aggro your lich.  The way I've done it has never taken me more than 2 hrs per lich or more than 4 attempts. Also, the way it is now actually allows undergeared players to contribute to the process and then be able to kill their own lich without leeching because all the enemies are sortie lvl+ and they can't hack it. 

I don't think everyone should be forced to do it that way either, which is why I never suggested such a thing. I only suggested that it become an option for those who want it, which currently it's not.

Just now, Yotan said:

Am I missing something?

These two are among my most played frames. Granted, I don't play endurance content, meaning, max lv ~200, but I never got one shotted with either one, not that I can think of. They both have status immunity options (Nidus 3, Inaros 4 augment) which increase their tankiness significantly. For tougher content some more input may be required to survive, but their high hp pools, resistances and regenerating keep them alive.

Perhaps I'm missing something as well, but if not, the minority of tanky shieldless frames may be an already existing alternative.