Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh boy. I cant wait for the arcane changes.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

20 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

It's a great idea really. I know I'm not the only one who spent a lot of time getting max rank arcanes and I just CANT WAIT for my arcanes to be nerfed! Being able to grind to fix a problem DE arbitrarily created is EXACTLY how I want to spend my time.

I feel the same way. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

I feel the same way. 

Like dude I'm seriously ready to PISS MY PANTS with excitement!

Getting 11 more arcane guardians just so my rank 3 arcane guardian can be slightly worse than it is now is going to be a BREEZE I'm sure. I actually have an guardian, grace, and energize set that I like so that's only 33 arcanes. 

I have 52 or so hydrolyst captures and I've gotten arcane energize twice from that (bought the rest) so I'm sure the grind will be PAINLESS

• Like 2

If you guys didn't suck in doing eidolons, you all would have 2 arcanes for all already.

I'm actually only sad with the 20% -> 15% nerf on Guardian. Energize was a addicting drug that I was trying to get rid off on my builds anyway.

Edited by MPonder

After the Devstream and the announcement of the Arcane changes i had to read the full post up closer to have a better idea of what was coming in.

As expected there are a lot of nerfing and few buffs but the major point here is the fact they are removing the "Double stacking" of the arcanes and raising their ranks to rank 5 from rank 3.

The rank rising is a tremendous problem and here is why:

I personally ever wanted 2 Arcanes; Grace and Aegis and i invested the time grinding and the time on the market chat in order to get them. Not only i worked hard to get both my Arcanes Graces and single Aegis (all rank3) but i repeated the process to get them for my wife as well, i do not know and i m not willing to count the amount of time, resources and the energy spent negotiating with other players in order to get these items to max level. 

Raising the rank form 3 to 5 will deny most of the work i already invested in those items. I spend all that time and resources in order to get finished and complete products in the end.

All Rank 3 arcanes currently in the game should be raised to rank 5 automatically, everything after the patch we go from rank 0 all the way to 5 following the new system but please DE do not deny the work already invested in those items by players.

Nerfing arcane is annoying but for the sake of balance fine, removing double stacking is very annoying but once again there a solution to this but moving the goal post further after we already completed the grind for top ranked arcanes that is just wrong and it does feel like a slap in the face.

Be fair DE, dont "unbake the cake"

The problem ,double stacking, the solution, don't let them double stack right? Wrong.

Let's make it so they don't double stack and buff them so players don't lose as much? Wrong.

All the above and make them take 21 arcanes for max rank, and lie about the reasons we actually did it?

Actual footage from DE 👇

happy star wars GIF

11 minutes ago, Bacl said:

After the Devstream and the announcement of the Arcane changes i had to read the full post up closer to have a better idea of what was coming in.

As expected there are a lot of nerfing and few buffs but the major point here is the fact they are removing the "Double stacking" of the arcanes and raising their ranks to rank 5 from rank 3.

The rank rising is a tremendous problem and here is why:

I personally ever wanted 2 Arcanes; Grace and Aegis and i invested the time grinding and the time on the market chat in order to get them. Not only i worked hard to get both my Arcanes Graces and single Aegis (all rank3) but i repeated the process to get them for my wife as well, i do not know and i m not willing to count the amount of time, resources and the energy spent negotiating with other players in order to get these items to max level. 

Raising the rank form 3 to 5 will deny most of the work i already invested in those items. I spend all that time and resources in order to get finished and complete products in the end.

All Rank 3 arcanes currently in the game should be raised to rank 5 automatically, everything after the patch we go from rank 0 all the way to 5 following the new system but please DE do not deny the work already invested in those items by players.

Nerfing arcane is annoying but for the sake of balance fine, removing double stacking is very annoying but once again there a solution to this but moving the goal post further after we already completed the grind for top ranked arcanes that is just wrong and it does feel like a slap in the face.

Be fair DE, dont "unbake the cake"

It's just an excuse to increase grind, all they needed to do was, take double stack out and buff the stats, they lied about the reason. 

1 minute ago, BansheePrime said:

Your rank 3 stats are going to stay the same. rank 5 is going to be higher.

Yes but rank 3 is not the max level anymore and i ivested the efforts for a maxed product.

Would you agree, because of a random change in a patch, to max again your Primed mods because they got retrograded down to level 5 and the endo and credit cap will most likely go up again?

Its pretty much the same thing here....

Just now, Bacl said:

Yes but rank 3 is not the max level anymore and i ivested the efforts for a maxed product.

Would you agree, because of a random change in a patch, to max again your Primed mods because they got retrograded down to level 5 and the endo and credit cap will most likely go up again?

If the new versions rank 5 were as strong as old versions max rank how do you lose anything on it? You just get potential for more growth

5 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Your rank 3 stats are going to stay the same. rank 5 is going to be higher.

how do you buff my %20 chance to trigger r3 guardian to %15 chance to trigger r5 guardian? How is it higher too? They are obviously going to lower the stats on r3 and force everyone to get r5...

they are not going to stay the same

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bacl said:

Arcanes are niche at best, in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal.

It's not like they nerfed rivens yet.....oh wait

2 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

how do you buff my %20 chance to trigger r3 guardian to %15 chance to trigger r5 guardian? How is it higher too? They are obviously going to lower the stats on r3 and force everyone to get r5...

they are not going to stay the same

The new guardian have a longer duration then the old one

5 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

The new guardian have a longer duration then the old one

well bo hoo It also has a cooldown and a %15 chance to trigger, rather than %20 at r3 without any cooldown.

Obvious nerf is obvious.

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

If the new versions rank 5 were as strong as old versions max rank how do you lose anything on it? You just get potential for more growth

My gripe is not the stats of the rank3 once the changes are implemented, my gripe is the fact i am being retrograded for no freaking reasons other than lame excuses.

Lets say you are paid 10 bucks an hour and you worked 8 hours so you should be paid 80 bucks.

Now suddenly to earn that 80 Dollars you have to work 10 hours instead? Hmm screw you?

Edit: Well it will be closer to 16 hours in order to earn the same 80 dollars since the higher the rank the greater the requirement...

Edited by Bacl

well bo hoo It also has a cooldown and a %15 chance to trigger, rather than %20 at r3 without any cooldown.

Obvious nerf is obvious.

The cool down is the duration so its not that long.

And 15% vs 20% isent that much difference when it comes to procs

I dont even have guardian maxed but it procs its 10% all the time 

5 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

The cool down is the duration so its not that long.

I dont even have guardian maxed but it procs its 10% all the time 

I dont think they even explained what the cooldown is on the arcanes or duration on some arcanes not sure how you know what are those. They only released the new stats and howlong they last. we dont even know if energize going to work line zenurik or some S#&$

ah yes chance to get more hits on a squishy frame to trigger it rather than with less hit isnt too much at all.

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

Obvious nerf is obvious.

But is 20% still worth the investment? 

This is why Arcanes are niche. The investment isnt worth it to begin with. But I can see at least your point of reducing from 20 to 15 is something to have a valid complaint over. I

But I can see the value of no longer allowing the ability to stack Arcanes. Where the increase to level 5 creates more combinations vs having 2-3 arcanes only every being used by people who care about Arcanes. 

Just now, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

But is 20% still worth the investment? 

This is why Arcanes are niche. The investment isnt worth it to begin with. But I can see at least your point of reducing from 20 to 15 is something to have a valid complaint over. I

But I can see the value of no longer allowing the ability to stack Arcanes. Where the increase to level 5 creates more combinations vs having 2-3 arcanes only every being used by people who care about Arcanes. 

from what you can read on the arcanes tab they showed in the forum post its seems that the cooldown will be the duration of the effect. so it can retrigger right after it ended. 

and on the guardian one it dosent mention added cooldown even. it mentions it on a few so i assume that they only add cooldown to the ones mentioned on.

I have no doubt in my mind now that they were nerfed to make people who dropped their game come back for the event to recoup their losses when trying to see their nerfed arcanes come close to their full glory... makes sense with changing the railjack requirements too.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

I don't have a grace, aegis, energize or barrier and I can manage everything in this game just fine.  And I'll be honest with you, I ain't no god tier player.

Only ones I have at r3 that I use are strike, fury, avenger and barrier for hildryn. 

Even if the ones I use change, I'll adapt.  To be honest they're all overkill anyway

it will be fine.
metacrowd will cry, as always. spending those 1700p on r3 Energize must hurt now, I bet. 

- - me, I will just dissolve my second arcane avenger, rank fully the one I have, and start looking around. this mechanic will now open an additional arcane slot for me, after all.