Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframes you feel are better versions of other Warframes?

-Vahagn-

In your own personal opinion, what Warframes you feel are pretty much just better versions of other Warframes?

For example, this is what I think:

- Nidus is pretty much a better Vauban.

- Gara is pretty much a better Frost.

- Gauss is pretty much a better Valkyr

Mesa is pretty much a better Mirage.

- Everyone is better than Nyx.

Share with me what you got. Or yell at people for insulting your main.

Edited by WH1735S0W
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HadronVictorioso said:

Sheesh. You listed all of the frames I never use because they feel like crap to me as being better than some of the ones that feel excellent to play - except Gauss, he's really fun.

To be fair most powerful Warframes are boring to play, such as Octavia.

5 hours ago, schilds said:

Nyx is God.

Nyx is not allowed to be god, DE would never allow it.

• Like 3

I have tons of fun with Gauss and Excalibur, not sure if I'd say either are directly better than their peers. Gauss I think overall is more specialized than Volt for what he does - where Volt focuses on buffing the team (buffs/defense/speed/AoE CC) Gauss is a much more selfish version of Volt, his buff is only for him, his defense skill is only for him, and his AoE has a way higher damage potential.

To be a bit lazy

Grendel outclasses Nidus (in railjack)

Due to the nature of the enemies in railjack that often come in singles or 3s, -and somewhat continuously and dispersed- and having LOTS of EHP compared to the standard, it is better to instead of having a 1-off CC ability (larva) that has a fairly long "re-use" time, to have a more flexible CC ability that grendel has to gather up enemies (and then spit them into a wall or something). However in non-railjack missions, where there are MANY more enemies, the "bulky" property of nidus's larva will outshine grendel's Gathering ability.

PS. Also Grendel is Tankier than Nidus.

Edited by anonymous14z
Frivilous

The only thing I can agree with is Gara.

Gauss only has protection against certain dmg types still so good luck with Vallis for example.

Mirage has just nothing to do with Mesa. She's just a really S#&$ty frame.

Nidus again is a completely different concept from Vauban and doesn't have nearly as much CC as him. 

Nyx is pretty much one of the best frames if you want to solo every mission.

• Like 1

Ummm.  I have rule. It's simple.  Nyx is like Mag you either love her or hate her.  She needs love...yes.

But.

Rule 1)  If I'm using different frames and they can't get the job done.  Then Nyx will get the job done.

Since the new changes from last patch a lot of people don't see or mention Psychic Bolts with Pacifying Bolts augment.   Nyx can literally remove all armor and shields in a single cast.  Other frames need to multi cast to strip armor.

This means slash procs and other status effects can get right to an enemy.  Which makes her much more powerful than before.  

With the unfortunate exception that is Nyx if you're comparing their entire kits and not individual abilities then I wouldn't say any frame is strictly better than another.

The classic Frost v Gara is more than Snow Globe v Vitrify. Yes Vitrify is often the stronger defense ability and she also has damage reduction but Frost can defend multiple objectives, has far more CC, Snowglobe has far more scaling, and is now one of the few sources of 100% armor strip.

With Exalted melee frames Excalibur has great scaling and range, Baruuk (I'd say) has better scaling and range but limited access to it, Wukong has his Twin with a lot of survivability, and Valkyr has full invulnerability and Warcry.

The more you narrow down criteria to compare anything the easier you will find objective bests for everything, but nothing really exists in a vacuum. And if the content is so easy that one ability is all that matters then what does the comparison really mean?

Though as far as Nyx goes I'd say the most comparable to her entire Kit is Mag; both have reliable CC, can full strip armor, and invulnerability (Mag can keep bouncing off shield gating). But Mag can do all of that in a far more practical manner by being more mobile with all abilities, her stripping doesn't have a unit cap and is permanent, and repeatedly restoring shields on the move is better than Nyx's doing nothing or slowly walking with an augment for Absorb.

Edited by trst

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

To be fair most powerful Warframes are boring to play, such as Octavia.

True infinite scaling is too boring just recasting the same ability over and over again before time reaches "0". Is watching a timer and pressing the correct ability even a real skill for any game? She needs a real rework and for being an infinite scaler and no one using her is a sad story.

6 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Im guessing you never played a maxed Range/Duration Vauban? 55 meter CC for 40 seconds (no line of sight). Nidus 60 meters 5 second (only line of sigh)... Vauban wins

Frost/Gara? Ill take Limbo

Octavia over Gara Infinite scaling

Gauss/ Valkyr for attack speed? This isnt enough because Gauss can be compared to Volt/ Wukong/ Nehza/ Titania speed running. Ill take Titania

Mesa/ Mirage? Nuking room? Mirage "Explosive Ledgermen" augment is on par with Saryn/ Volt/ Equinox

Wisp over Trinity over Harrow, not enough people are good enough to be effective with Harrow team buffs.

Wisp over Nova (except SpeedVa)

Khora over Hydroid

Nehza over Rhino

Mirage over Chroma (especially no more bramma self-damage buff)

Wukong over Excalibur

Operator over Nyx

• Like 1

Saryn is the reason why you no longer see things like Excalibur as often anymore as she completely outclass him in every aspect. Oh Excalibur's CC require line-of-sight (often he dump or ignore range modding) and can only kill things that he can see? Now Saryn 4 with max range mods can perform that CC (even if it's a shorter duration and don't give a sht about terrain) generally better and the CC last long enough to nuke the map without much reliance of line-of-sight as she can use her 1 and hit a few enemies with her 3. Both of them are pretty squishy without the reliance of bruiser-like modding some people do.

Here another nut kicking to Excalibur: Mesa. She set the top tier standard of ALL line-of-sight reliance DPS frames. Before the update, she was held back by the amount of BS the game had like you need to mod corrosive to barely deal with armor with her sht 10% SC (even if you mod 47 fire rate). With enemy armor scaling got severely nerfed, corrosive capped at 10 stacks and they'll keep their ferrite armor so no fear of overstrip via modding for corrosive+heat vs Grineer, and viral+heat just generally kills everything else, she get many indirect buffs that skyrocketed her into borderline S tier.

For now, those two frames that I can think of are obnoxiously powerful enough that it either force other DPS frames to do things that is distinctively different (Equinox, Gara, Octavia, etc.) or get completely outclassed in term of usefulness.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

In your own personal opinion, what Warframes you feel are pretty much just better versions of other Warframes?

For example, this is what I think:

- Everyone is better than Nyx.

Share with me what you got. Or yell at people for insulting your main.

Well, since I haven't played Train-Man yet but I minmax'd Nidus so I don't know how the former works until I'll eventually try him.

Disagree with the second claim, Frost can deploy 2 Snow Globe at 2 very far away excavators that can infinitely stack its HP to insane height. Gara forced to compromise as her 4 don't scale well (as it relies on the HP of enemies to truly be effective) at one excavator and can't really defend both with her 2 well. I have minmax'd both of those frame so Gara is more of a tanky AOE DPS frame vs Infested but with the recent armor scaling nerfs, above average vs Grineer. Gara, similar to Limbo, autolose vs Corpus as you're forced to compromise your build 'cause Nullifiers are a thing. There is a reason why you see more Frost and Khora in Arbi excavation. Their kit are the most resistant vs anti-abilities BS and more.

I would've agree to that, but I remembered that Rhino have the highest EHP in the game, despite no longer stacking 2 R3 Arcane Tanker and require heavy setup to reach that much EHP, and being Nidus with 90% DR and ran 2 R3 Arcane Guardian. Both of those frames I mentioned are some of the tankiest EHP if they actually play the game and capable of being team-useful. Gauss and Valkyr in things like Arbi Disruption are gonna get outclassed by Inaros with waybounds spoiler mode as the game mode discourage abilities in general.

See my earlier post about Mesa.

I don't play Nyx so instead of riding the bandwagon of Nyx is bad, I'll pretend she don't exist until she get another rework.

30 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

True infinite scaling is too boring just recasting the same ability over and over again before time reaches "0". Is watching a timer and pressing the correct ability even a real skill for any game? She needs a real rework and for being an infinite scaler and no one using her is a sad story.

Octavia is extremely well designed, and would just need some little polishing to reach perfection. Wouldn't even change her abilities, they are okay like this

37 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Damn lol. I had done a solo 2 hrs solo Arbi survival vs Orokin with maxed life pods as her and I can confirmed that trying to make Octavia fun for normal plays is more than twice as hard than what I mentioned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, schilds said:

Garuda is a better Garuda.

On topic: 

I would say that octavia is a better loki even though she may not make enemies attack themselves, her thinga are better decoys and deal dmg and her invis is longer 

Gara i would say is a better nezha and rhino. Her dmg reduction may not be as thicc as a maxed out iron skin,  but considering cc and dmg dealing aspects added in she cout classes both of them in my "personal opinion". 

Ember and nidus are both better vaubans. 

Wukong is a better valkyr

Hildryn is a better inaros 

Revenant is a better inaros

Limbo is a better frost 

Wisp is a better ignis 

11 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Gauss is pretty much a better Valkyr

As a former Valkyr main, I completely agree. It's something I noticed last year as soon as I got my hands on Gauss. It's also something even Brozime acknowledged in his WF Roster 2020 video when it was Valkyr's tur, so it's shared sentiment.

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Gauss/ Valkyr for attack speed? This isnt enough because Gauss can be compared to Volt/ Wukong/ Nehza/ Titania speed running. Ill take Titania

It's not just the attack speed. It's the playstyle and ability overlap:

- Kinetic Plating makes you invulnerable to most enemy damage types while also making you immune to stagger and knockdown, so it's close to Hysteria in practical use.

- You can control the Thermal Sunder blast proc behavior depending on the order you cast abilities. Casting heat first then cold will pull all enemies inward to the player like Prolonged Paralysis does.

- Redline's attack speed buff is high enough that you can forgo Berserker from your melee weapon and add another mod for even more damage.

- Mach Rush is for closing in gaps in distance and stay within melee range.

- And to further hammer down Gauss's design as a melee frame above all else, when both Redline and Kinetic Plating are active, they increase base melee damage, not just melee attack speed.

Edited by Jarriaga

I would argue on the whole Gara, Limbo and Frost topic.

Gara has insane damage potential, and that's pretty much all i see her been build for since the nerf to her Mass Vitrify. In a way, Gara focuses more on offense rather than defense like frost does, but her 1 is far better than Frost 1 that i can agree, reason why Frost needs a 2nd look for a rework, even tho he is fairly fine as it is right now, provided you can build him correctly.

Limbo is Limbo. If there is ANY chance a Nullifier can spawn, your precious max range Limbo build (lets be honest, 99% of the players mod him for max range as if there isn't any other build for him) Limbo becomes an easy to shoot, easy to kill target. And since Max range Limbo heavily focuses on Cataclysm, yeah, your Limbo cannot survive where Nullifiers can spawn, but Frost can.

Frost has aged pretty well over the years, even at the current meta which is Damage > CC, Frost can still hold his ground. Can Gara and Limbo strip 100% armor? No, but Frost can. Can Limbo make an entire room of enemies easy to kill without annoying the entire squad in the process? No, but Frost Avalanche can make it happen. Can Gara protect an objective from damage without making the eyes of the squad bleed due to mass vitrify being extremely annoying when used with bright energy colors? No, but frost snow globe is almost transparent, and easy on the eyes.

Overall, to each their own, Frost has is perks, and so Gara and Limbo, so i would say, they all do defense in a different way, and is up to player to pick how they want to do defense, but limbo players still wanna watch the world burn xD

• Like 1