Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes & COVID-19 Information Thread.

[DE]Rebecca

No problem guys. Take all the time you need to ensure your team's safety.
An update a bit earlier than expected isn't worth anyone potentially getting sick.

Stay safe, and thanks for the update. Same for all you players too. Watch out for each other.

I know the WFH change is gonna push Scarlet back a few weeks, but it's better than hearing about people at DE getting sick with the virus or possibly losing anybody who is high risk. Steven been doing at home streams erry now and then, now you just gotta find a way to get all your collective streams together so Dean can work his tech wizardry from home.

This kinda annoys me that I even HAVE to say this but; DE, please stop listening to the crybabies that demand you risk your health for an update. Stay safe, delay the update if you need to in order to make it a good one.

To all the crybabies; stop whining. Yes, they said the update was going to ship early March, you think they don't want to stick to a schedule, or that they want to annoy the community? Do you think that it's 'that easy' to write code, without any prior basis on how to make things work? We're talking several hundred thousand lines of code for this event alone, where a single missed letter can just crash the entire system. If you underdeveloped children think you can do their job better, go ahead and try. You are the exact same group of kids that will cry because the update launches late, but will also cry when it launches on time, but guess what, it's filled with bugs. Sure the system might work with 10 people and a couple squads, but having to do the entire thing for hundreds of people at the same time (and that's a VERY conservative estimate) means that a 1% extra burden on the servers is gonna send your ping to over 1k. And that's WITHOUT game-breaking bugs, glitches, crashes and all the fun of a new update. But no, you want the update and you want it now and you do not care about the devs' health, you selfish brats.

It sucks for everyone when an update is delayed, but it will suck more if you hear that half the team needs to be HOSPITALIZED. Or did we learn nothing from Bioware and EA's practice of needing to have special rooms so that their devs can have their mental breakdowns in peace? Now imagine this, but with an ACTUAL VIRUS on top. Find a new game to pass the time, let them do their job in peace.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Be excellent to our support staff. 

I really like that wording.

8 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Never really thought I'd ever live in a time like this where a contagion affects work worldwide like this. Stay safe everyone.

Truth. I feel like I've been hit with an ancient curse: "May you live in interesting times." Historic politics and social dynamics already had it on my mind but covid19 really brought it home.

Any fixes or updates made later than expected is fine by me, since working at home is quite different than from the office.

All I can say is that hopefully the community (me included) don't overstress you guys in time of a crisis like this. There's already a ton of anxiety and stress coming from the outside, but we want to make sure you guys are alright.

46 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Do the right thing, stay civilised...

Meanwhile... Where is the next nightwave season 😧

This wait is so depressing.. Im missing the nightwave updates...

Considering the current events, I don't think it's wise to ask for anything right now.

Rebecca, 

don't be afraid, we understand... this is an EVIL that grips not only us in Italy, but all the States. We know you will give 100% of your energy, we will wait in case. There is time. 
Thanks for all you do. Please... #stayathomeandbesafe

39 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

Considering the current events, I don't think it's wise to ask for anything right now.

Life goes on. As far as my work group goes, we've all transitioned to do our research from home, but we're happy to still get input from outside and requests for data analysis. If we didn't, then we wouldn't be able to do our jobs.

DE requires the constant interaction with the player population to do their job properly. Polite requests for additional content or old content changes should be encouraged. People being jerks or impatient should be chastised *.

* or fired **

** out of a cannon ***

*** into the sun.

Thanks for the update DE, as for Scarlet Spear, dont stress about it, dont crunch it becaue you are behind schedule.
The circumstances we deal in current time are unique and understandable, and as for myself, i"ll be ripping and tearing until the operation is out.
Stay safe, drink water, wash your hands!

As for not yet ready updates... no worries.

But I am a little disappointed that DE did not bring back some older stuff now that everyone has nothing but time to play all day. Well, not everyone ofc, but you get the idea.

For example turning back on the old alert system or some of the past special events/operations like Plague star or summer splash. Who cares that it would be a little out of schedule, they have it coded already and only need to turn it on. Little things to keep players busy...

Archived