Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

20 minutes on earth, went back to relay, no murex captured, when into the railjack 10 minutes in no kill code received. Brilliant.

Sorry for the salt, I don't want to hate you guys or the game, I love you both, but considering that what was actually released looks like a huge downgrade of what was intially showcased (to full team squads linking and working on a mutual objective interactively, that live railjack to cetus invite to join originaly shown) the fact that this really oversimplified version of that (a buffer of points filled by one set of teams that can get picked up by another set of teams at random) isnt even working properly 3 hotfixes in is really frustrating. 

This really should have been delayed until it was fully formed and properly tested.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear Victory Payout Change

• We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.
    • As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

To clear up any confusion, the new Victory Payout Score still takes the cumulative score from either your Ground or Space missions. Upon successful completion of the Murex Wave (100/100 driven away), the highest of the two scores between Ground and Space is doubled (to a max cap of 10,000), and given as Scarlet Credits!

Few things, please, as this crap is getting out of hand.

We are trying to coordinate our alliance/clan to stay on the same Relay Instance, but this screws us over very badly.

The population limit on each relay is WAY TOO SMALL. They fill up very fast, and after they fill up, a lot of players leave.

This makes it impossible to get 100/100 on many servers, because the population is depleting too fast.

And once those people leave, our clan mates don't want to swap instances, because obviously they would lose any progress they worked for.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, allow us to join back to the instances we had progress, because this is very frustrating:

• Friend had to leave for a trade, he wasn't able to get back anymore. 
  • Me and the host randomly got "network not responding" (we were just 2), and we were on a decent progress server (32/100). 
    • After we extracted, our progress didn't save properly -- we extracted at 800-something points, but the scoreboard said 625 after we got back, so we lost a few
    • We found ourselves on a different instance. We were on #69, but we got kicked to #3 after

So, to sum this up:

• Increase initial instance population! People have the tendency to leave after a while, and the instance remains in a dead state
  • Hold some kind of god damn reservation for people so we can hop in-out. It's not realistic to keep someone in there for 3 hours!

7 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To clear up any confusion, the new Victory Payout Score still takes the cumulative score from either your Ground or Space missions. Upon successful completion of the Murex Wave (100/100 driven away), the highest of the two scores between Ground and Space is doubled (to a max cap of 10,000), and given as Scarlet Credits!

This is too complex for the game's health, and is not explained in-game. Only a low percentage of the playerbase uses these Forums. This needs to be streamlined and communicated in-game.

11 minutes ago, Znuff said:

Few things, please, as this crap is getting out of hand.

We are trying to coordinate our alliance/clan to stay on the same Relay Instance, but this screws us over very badly.

The population limit on each relay is WAY TOO SMALL. They fill up very fast, and after they fill up, a lot of players leave.

This makes it impossible to get 100/100 on many servers, because the population is depleting too fast.

And once those people leave, our clan mates don't want to swap instances, because obviously they would lose any progress they worked for.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, allow us to join back to the instances we had progress, because this is very frustrating:

• Friend had to leave for a trade, he wasn't able to get back anymore. 
  • Me and the host randomly got "network not responding" (we were just 2), and we were on a decent progress server (32/100). 
    • After we extracted, our progress didn't save properly -- we extracted at 800-something points, but the scoreboard said 625 after we got back, so we lost a few
    • We found ourselves on a different instance. We were on #69, but we got kicked to #3 after

So, to sum this up:

• Increase initial instance population! People have the tendency to leave after a while, and the instance remains in a dead state
  • Hold some kind of god damn reservation for people so we can hop in-out. It's not realistic to keep someone in there for 3 hours!

couldnt agree more 🙂

10 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Does that mean that this is fixed? Additionaly will I ever get my 16k credits? Wheres the money Lebowsky?

Spoiler

LUdolDx.jpg

Just finished 13 Condrix, got Network Not Responding error message during the mission and my Flotilla score did not save.  So crap!

The scoring system is overly complicated.  Why can't your total score count towards the respective emblems?  This per Flotilla scoring is utter nonsense.

Thanks for the hotfixes!

Some things nice to have

1) Little Duck

- "sort by" option in little duck shop

- the category "mod" gives arcanes, should be renamed arcanes

2) Flotilla

- be able to know the flotilla instance where we beat murexes / condrixes before, because you might go doing another quest or you want simply make a pause and go back later to continue to contribute.

3) Missions

-the notifiication of code sent is redundant with the popup  text  "+1 kill code" while scanning, the latter is better and would be just "kill code sent"

-notification right of the screen is redundant when code is successfully received by space squad : one with image of the squad leader and one with text please remove one of them.7

- would be nice also to have the latest mission results in flotilla menu to see the sentient cores and credits gained etc

While these fixes are nice from a technical standpoint, I feel you still need to address the disparity of reward between ground and space as another point of equal urgency.

it's bad enough that we can’t even join a flotilla with people of our own choosing, making it near impossible to optimise and coordinate for the missions, but the fact that the ground player just get shafted in terms of reward is baffling. We are ALL on the same team, working towards the same objective. We should all get the same reward, period.

This is a fundamental problem with the balance of the entire event, and honestly I can’t even begin to fathom why it was designed this way.

"Fixed certain Armor pieces not fitting correctly on Companions. "

Still needs fixing. My bulky omega Raksa's Rostam armor still looks like it shrunk in the washer and is horrifyingly grafted into my poor dog's flesh (and not in a cool-looking way). Tried different armors on him and they all still look shrunk. Same with my Helminth charger. ☹️

Visuals improvements:

1) Flotillas informations when picking an instance :

It would be nice if we could see the number of ground and space team and the players count, in addition to the murex current score. If players want to play ground they will pick an instance where ground teams are lacking.

Rewards problems :

2) Getting rewards at 100/100 murex for each flotillas and the 5k point cap :

this is a dilemas for players. Achieving 5k point in an flotillas makes any furthers murex driven away pointless, but leaving the flotilla might result in a failure of said flotilla, resulting in rewards loss.

=> Either remove the 5k cap or allow players to keep rewards even in flotillas that fails the 100/100 murex objective.

3) “Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space” :

If a flotillas need more ground teams, any squad that will switch from space to ground (or the other way around) will loose half the value of points collected in one of the space or ground operation. So the smart players are punished here.

=> Change the calculation to “Victory Payout is calculated by your additional Scores from Ground and Space then multiplied by 2”. Allowing squads switching roles to keep the value of their work.

exemple : a squad get 1000 point in space, switch to ground and collect 3000 points. 100/100 murex objective is met, rewards goes as follow
(1000 space points + 3000 ground points) x2 = 4000 x2 = 8000 scarlet credits.

wich conflict with this.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

in that case, payout would be : 1000 space points + (3000 ground points) x2 = 1000 + 6000 = 7000 scarlet credits. Which is still punishing in my opinion because if that squad had not switched role, collecting only 4000 space point, they would have got : (4000 space points) x2 + 0 ground points = 8000 + 0 = 8000 scarlet credits.

4) Getting rewards at 100/100 murex for each flotillas : 

Getting rewards at 100/100 murex for each flotillas seems odd. This is a war after all, aren't we all in this war by default ? Plus, once a successful flotillas get to the objective and want to participate more, you just say “no” while there are still active murexes. That doesn't make any sense.

=> Don't set an objective per flotillas. Either set a general objective at 2000 murex for exemple and remove the 100 murex cap per flotillas. All flotillas will participate in the 2000 murex objective. If the objective is met, every players in every flotillas get rewards according to their ground and space score as described in pt 3 above.

There should really be the option for "host / join / cancel" for every mission, I keep getting put into a ground squad alone. I'd rather have confirmation that theres no squads open.

The railjack portion of the event is confusing as duck for a lot of people it seems, in my experience theres usually double the amount of ground squads than there are railjack squads. I hosted multple raljack squads and NOBODY joined. Wasted time and burnt out feelings for wanting to play this event, woohoo.

Archived