Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

Hotdropped last night:

• Fixed inability to Trade.

Scarlet Spear Victory Payout Change

• We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.
    • As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

We have several other known issues we are investigating for Flotilla Kill Code upload progress and bug reports have been helpful in tracking down the issues. 

General Scarlet Spear Changes & Fixes

• Railjack owners now have the option to either Host a Murex Raid with their own Railjack or Join another Murex Raid.
  • Squads whose OpLinks are in good condition will now continue to show 'Scanning Kill Codes' as their status to avoid confusion (previously it could change from ‘Scanning Kill Codes’ to ‘Deploying OpLink’ if a healthy OpLink status was updated).
  • Your Scarlet Spear Credit count will now display in Little Duck’s store UI similar to how Credits, Platinum, etc are displayed.
  • Fixed inability to invite other players in the same Flotilla to form a squad.
  • Fixes towards the Condrix not spawning once you reach the waypoint in the Ground mission.
  • Fixed scoring discrepancies if a Host migration occurred after the first Condrix in a Ground mission was completed:
    • The score does not increase at all for the next Condrix that is completed. 
    • The 3rd Condrix is completed and the score only goes up by 5 for each Kill Code (as if this was the first Condrix to be completed).
  • Fixed Murex Raid Satellite waypoint not disappearing if a Host migration occurred after driving away the respective Murex.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to Host a session to rejoin a Scarlet Spear Flotilla.
  • Fixed a crash when the Aerolyst spawned.
    • This was a result of the Aerolyst instantly dying when spawned due to player AoE damage. The Aerolyst will now spawn invulnerable for 1 second to avoid this crash and give the poor guy a chance to wiggle his fingers at you!
  • Fixed Sentient Ramsleds not being removed after warping between Railjack missions.
  • Fixed a script error when Crewships are encountered in the Murex Raid.
  • Fixed a script error if Sentient Fighter reinforcements spawn just as the Satellite is destroyed in a Murex Raid.

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed Heat Accretion stat comparison not working in the Railjack Configure panel.
  • Fixed a script error when encountering the Sentient Anomaly POI.

Deferred Rendering Fixes:

• Fixed Ice Spring not having any textures with Deferred Rendering enabled.

Optimizations:

• Optimized out a number small memory bloats in the type-dep database to reduce the risk of crashes due to relocation (player loadouts in relays, procedural levels, etc).
  • Fixed high GPU Effects time when shooting Profit Taker's legs with the Imperator Vandal.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on slow internet connections if you quit the game while loading into a Relay. 

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash caused by mashing "Launch Mission" button while matchmaking service was already trying to find/Host/join a mission.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing Warframe Ability videos in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed several types of crashes that could occur when travelling to or from Towns, Relays or Dojos.
  • Fixed Operators not having correct body customizations/proportions.
  • Fixed certain Armor pieces not fitting correctly on Companions.
  • Fixed incorrect Energy color on the Nezha Yaksha Helmet. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1174134-nezhpa-yaksha-skins-energy-color/
  • Fixed the transport ships at the end of the Rush mission (Kepler, Phobos) Shield Drones having no hit box, resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
  • Fixed inability to Chat link Stance Forma.
  • Fixed a script error that resulted in a crash if a Host migration occurred when you returned to the Orbiter from a Survival mission.
  • Fixed a script error occurring when loading into a mission while the Pause Menu was open.
  • Fixed a script error when attempting to Fish.

Thanks for the hotfix. I'm all around really enjoying scarlet spear and the activity it's bringing to my clan. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

I've missed 16k (24k after the hotfix) thus far, so I'm glad to hear it's being looked at.

What's supposed to happen to my credit rewards if I leave one Flotilla in the middle of progress and join another one?

If one of my friends crashed or leaves to his ship, or leaves, and we need someone to rejoin or someone else to join, and to flotilla is inevitably full are we meant to just be screwed?

There's some major issues in playing with your friends due to way your scoring is tied to one specific instance, that you can easily get shut out of. 

There's a number of simple ways to effectively alleviate the problem if you're willing to play just a little loose with the player cap per instance. Things like guaranteeing rentry into a flotilla where you've already made progress or letting invitations bypass the player cap up to a point.

I just want to know if potential solutions are being considered.

Also, can we not have the earth mission be arbitrarily capped at 17 condrixes? I want a lvl 1k condrix.

Thank you for the hotfix.

It would still be nice to coordinate a full 8 man premade squad link with Railjack and Earth ground teams. 

Also, bonus credits aren't accounted for on the profile score. I am not sure if that is intentional or not.

However, these seem like great changes and crash fixes. Keep it up! 🙂 

Murex sometimes doesn't count. Scanners don't show up on the UI, after Murex is complete, counter does not go up. Does not grant scarlet credits or score either. Please fix. Happens more often than not.

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

Not sure why this is a thing. Basically means: people should all do one fortilla and if you do one that doesn't finish you get nothing. Why? I guess doing the same S#&$ but getting 100/100 gives you 3x credits and doing the same S#&$ but not getting 100/100 gives you 1x credits. xd good one.

Can we disable the Operation Link spam? Maybe turn it off like we have in options for region, or not have the icon blinking all the time.

From prevous threads, things that would be awesome if they were addressed:

Spoiler

First and foremost: Any word about player EHP/Armor/etc being affected (see this post)? The last response Rebecca made was it was "being worked on" 1 month ago, and this same issue has been brought up a few times recently so I do not think it's resolved. Please, could you give us an update?

Additionally,

Can heavy attacks please not consume the combo counter when you swing and DON'T hit anything? This feels even worse on smaller range weapons which can't really hit  adjacent enemies if the heavy attack misses the main target, unlike polearms/whips/etc.

Will the numerous visual bugs with zaw nikanas ever be fixed?

Can the team please reconsider having random stats on pets with the upcoming rework? RNG stats feel miserable (Liches, Railjack) and enough pets are already bred and dumped because of body type/energy color/head/tail

Are you just going to leave recent changes as is? Self-stagger on amps for example, the timing window that makes recovery all but useless if you're not spamming space, impact still being an undesired proc as it hurts headshot weapons, gas sucking, etc

This includes the shieldgating megathread these were common feedback posts:

• The constant shield regen, especially with Shield Ospreys is very difficult if you're not modding something to straight up bypass their defense like toxin, with slash having to eat through their shields first it's... not fun when my fully build rifle is suddenly having to expend the whole magazine to kill a level 90 Tech.
  • If shieldgate is going to require 2 hits to kill an shielded enemy, then the spillover is just way too low imo. It's frustrating to have a kitted out melee all the sudden not one tapping level 17 Corpus Crewmen because 5% of its damage just isn't enough to kill it. I can't really aim for the head with a sword either. Low ROF guns are getting kind of shafted.
  • Grey invuln for shield gate invuln duration. It's a good visual indicator that I thought at least Hildryn had?
  • Shield gate can't be bypassed by 'skill' if there is no headshot box Why are Arbitration Drones shield gated?? Corpus Cameras??

Hate for this to not be on the newest content drop but if you don't get first page and spam the latest hotfix with requests or make it big on Reddit it's like feedback goes straight to the shredder.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack owners now have the option to either Host a Murex Raid with their own Railjack or Join another Murex Raid.

Fixed inability to invite other players in the same Flotilla to form a squad.

Glad we're getting these fixes but it boggles my mind how only now these come up as issues.

Maybe you should add all relevant information about scoring and stuff in main update threads going forward?

Speculations when it's safe to leave instance and if you can start doing new instance and don't lose points from completed one is infuriating. Also squad mates getting different credits rewards from playing the same relay instance from start to finish just doesn't make sense.

This can be said about all events. 

XDl72wp.png

We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

• As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

So if you only ever do mediocre runs, let's say 500-600 points ground assault, you don't even get a 2000 point payout at the end when previously you easily could but just running these missions consistently.

Yes, this is a buff for someone who shows up late and manages to score a 2000 point ground assault right before the end of the round. It's massive nerf and slap in the face for someone who doesn't have a premade group of hyperoptimized players, and just runs the missions diligently with whatever groups the matchmaker happens to form, to whatever point amount the PUG manages to reach.

Edit: I want to add that this situation is exacerbated by a bug where some defensive abilities to not apply to the OpLink, thus ending missions prematurely if you don't have some of the full defense frames in the group (e.g. Limbo, Frost - anyone who can reliably prevent all damage to an entire area). In particular, Vazarin's Protective Dash, which I reported in the bug thread already - that ability helps mitigate suboptimal groups defending objectives, or even running alone, but is entirely useless here.

990/5000

Extremely tedious event, more of the same, like Arbitrations but more boring and without rewards with each rotation.
Seeing the recently released content for warframe so tedious, repetitive and not fun, I wonder why they removed "The Law of Retribution" which was so challenging and fun!
That was team work !!!
Not to mention the various weapons nerfs and Warframe Skills and Animations that were fun and after poorly made or meaningless rework were totally embarrassed.
Examples:
1-Volt race animation, the old animation was much better
2-Sinoyd simulator was a lot of fun ... now I don't even know what to say.
3-Ember, wow was great to play with her, extremely fun! now ... Just another Generic Warframe!
4-Itizal First Skill does not work ... tell me, more for what cause, reason or circumstance ???? It doesn't make sense, really.
these are just some examples, I will not continue because I do not want to leave the tenno community depressed.

Archived