Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the arcane changes: "The goal here is not at all to increase the arcane grind, we wanna correct mistakes in the meta, not squeeze you for the grind, you don't have to go back to Eidolons, you'll have Scarlet Spear". - Steve Sinclair, Devstream 139,

DraekoSilver

27 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Cool dodge. 

Yeah, I don't know the exact dates off the top of my head but doesn't change the question. 

Did they give a date or time frame, or was it vague? 

Because if it was vague, y'all are overreacting. 

Do you even know what this thread is about? Yeah, the time frame they gave for the changes was vague, but that doesn't matter because the changes have already happened.

27 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

Can you clearly expose their lie? Because at this point, it looks like you simply put a lot of interpretation and build up your own vision of DE's intention. 

The quote and source is in the thread title.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Do you even know what this thread is about? Yeah, the time frame they gave for the changes was vague, but that doesn't matter because the changes have already happened.

So you're overreacting, glad we got that sorted. 

Have you considered taking a break from the forums, at least?  Cause you are failing to prove anything and are just getting wound up over your own assumptions being wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

So you're overreacting, glad we got that sorted. 

Have you considered taking a break from the forums, at least?  Cause you are failing to prove anything and are just getting wound up over your own assumptions being wrong. 

What assumptions? What are you even talking about? They said they didn't want to increase the grind for arcanes, then they increased it by literally 110%. No assumptions anywhere in there, just statements and subsequent contradictory actions on DE's part. What assumptions do I have that are wrong, pray tell?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

What assumptions? What are you even talking about? They said they didn't want to increase the grind for arcanes, then they increased it by literally 110%. No assumptions anywhere in there, just statements and subsequent contradictory actions on DE's part. What assumptions do I have that are wrong, pray tell?

Seriously, you're so wound your reading comprehension is shot.

Take a break.

• Like 2

So they removed double stacking, but still gave a use from the arcanes.  It’s 25% less power at 5 then 2 but you get another arcane at 150% power. So it’s not horrid.

the nerfs to some are a pain I get that. Though maybe they are trying to push energy to mean something I don’t know? In all honesty they should remove energy it basically does nothing in every game I’ve seen it in. Maybe a moba in early levels. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Seriously, you're so wound your reading comprehension is shot.

Unfortunately there's nothing to comprehend in what you say. I asked you like three times what you're talking about and what assumptions of mine are wrong, yet you still refuse to answer. I can only conclude it's because you know perfectly well there is no answer and are just trolling.

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Take a break.

"They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Unfortunately there's nothing to comprehend in what you say. I asked you like three times what you're talking about and what assumptions of mine are wrong, yet you still haven't answered. I can only conclude it's because you know perfectly well there is no answer and are just trolling.

"They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

No, I'm pointing out that there's no reason to engage you when you're so obviously emotional. 

You're lashing out in several threads over simple things and aren't supporting your assumption with anything actually valid, and further overreact when that's pointed out. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

They could have just said "okay. Arcane guardian is gonna be 900 armor now. And it cant refresh and has lower proc chance. And you cant double stack". There was no reason for them to add an extra 2 ranks. Period. The only motive is adding more grind for people who already had it. 

My rank 3 guardian went from 20% chance to proc 600 armor and being refreshable to 10% chance to proc and not being refreshable. A significant nerf that I can "sorta undo if I either grind my nuts off or whip out my credit card.

EXACTLY! They could even have easily buffed garbage arcanes like arcane ice and arcane fire to be 100% at rank 3, and even then they would see absolutely no change in how often people use them because there is no need for them at this current time. Can you imagine if they buffed nullifier to be at 100% at rank 3? That would be one of the best changes in the game! DE would get praised by anyone who actually still does or even "enjoys" doing them as now they don't have to sacrifice 2 mod slots for 100% magnetic resist.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It really ain't that serious just calm down :awkward:

• Like 1

il y a une heure, SordidDreams a dit :

The only thing it proves is that this is purely a question of personal vision. You and many others are seeing something wrong with the Arcanes changes. Me and many others are perfectly OK with it and do not see anything bad to denonce in DE's choices. 

They did what they said they planed to do. Arcanes can be optained outside of eidolon hunt. That's a fact. 

Everything else is just a matter of like or dislike the Arcanes changes which bring us to personal point of view. Not facts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

You and many others are seeing something wrong with the Arcanes changes. Me and many others are perfectly OK with it and do not see anything bad to denonce in DE's choices. 

It's not a question of whether you like what they did or not, it's whether what they did corresponds to what they said they would do. Which it does not.

3 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

They did what they said they planed to do. Arcanes can be optained outside of eidolon hunt. That's a fact. 

Yes, briefly. Once this event ends, we're going to be stuck with more than double the grind for arcanes for who knows how many years. You might not mind that if you're of the "screw you, I got mine" mindset. In any case, this event is irrelevat to this discussion, as it was not the subject of the quote in the title that this thread is largely about.

• Like 5

il y a 1 minute, SordidDreams a dit :

It's not a question of whether you like what they did or not, it's whether what they did corresponds to what they said they would do. Which it does not.

Yes, briefly. Once this event ends, we're going to be stuck with more than double the grind for arcanes for who knows how many years. You might not mind that if you're of the "screw you, I got mine" mindset. In any case, this event is irrelevat to this discussion, as it was not the subject of the quote in the title that this thread is largely about.

I still don't see what you are pointing out. They did nothing else than what they said. 

If the event is irrelevant, there is no subject at all then. Or maybe you just want us to take into account the elements that will reinforce your own opinion. 

I'm done with this subject. Nothing personal. I just think that we can keep it going for dayd and still trying to talk about the same things. I will farm my Arcanes if I chose to and keep enjoying warframe because after all, the fun I can get out of it do not depend on others opinions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

I haven't touched the event after seeing the issues, even in 4 man squads. So I have little hope of getting near that being solo. Those are just two examples from reddit. 

I think removing the bonus 'being the reward' is the first step. Give the full reward the player's earned because they earned it, not because of some arbitrary subset of numbers reaching 100/100. What happens in the future (near or far) when players get what they want and don't play it? 

Yeah and those examples happen once in a blue moon. It was an issue the first day. It is very very hard to find a flotilla where you dont get 100/100 within one and a half hour now. I frequently run two 100/100 back to back during a 3 hour period. One always with a full 10k payout bonus, the other somewhere between 6-10k depending on the clear speed pace of the space crews. And that is all solo grounding for me. I also dont cheese, so I stick around in the first flotilla I enter till it reaches 100/100, then pop over to the next.

9 hours ago, HexOmega111x said:

They did nothing else than what they said. 

They said they didn't want to increase the arcane grind. Then they increased it by 110%.

9 hours ago, HexOmega111x said:

If the event is irrelevant, there is no subject at all then. Or maybe you just want us to take into account the elements that will reinforce your own opinion. 

I just want you to take into account elements that are still going to exist a month from now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

PIGS!!!

I'm fine with the nerfs and buffs, but adding another 2 ranks was completely unnecessary. Now I need to throw another couple k plat around to get back where I was before the update hit. I'm still refusing so I use pathetic R3's rn..

But guess what, the only reason that was done is because of the stupid new event, don't believe me? Take away the arcanes and the promise of rare arcanes to be added.

See? Nothing there. It's another sad attempt to force especially veterans to participate in another delusional dream of DE. Not the first time, not the last. 

Edit: Yes I hate railjack

You can break down the duplicate Arcane 🙂 

These changes costs me some plat I already have from trading so I am a bit miffed, but nothing DE does surprises me anymore nor do I care. But another option to get arcanes may benefit other players so whatever.

I am just amazed how you guys can stand the boring grind just to get arcanes in this event. I know the RNG involved with Eidolons can go batS#&$ crazy but I find them way more engaging than the cringy (buggy) Condrix/Murex raids. To each his own I guess, I just like to point out that trading can be a lot easier route if you know what you are doing.

• Like 2

This is a symptom of DE not having confidence in Railjack.  .  The Arcane nerf was clearly done to push players into playing the event,  

in short,     it’s the Arcane event,   

but why isn’t it the Railjack event,   where a the Railjack rewards in the shop...  new Railjack skin,  new Railjack weapons and the   new avionics..  

And an intrinsics farm for the ground team to help players catch up and get into Railjack…Something new for us to grind,'  not re-grinding something old...

I wonder how it would have went if they focused on Railjack, in the Railjack event….?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

This is a symptom of DE not having confidence in Railjack.  .  The Arcane nerf was clearly done to push players into playing the event,  

in short,     it’s the Arcane event,   

but why isn’t it the Railjack event,   where a the Railjack rewards in the shop...  new Railjack skin,  new Railjack weapons and the   new avionics..  

And an intrinsics farm for the ground team to help players catch up and get into Railjack…Something new for us to grind,'  not re-grinding something old...

I wonder how it would have went if they focused on Railjack, in the Railjack event….?

You already know the answer, but it would have been fun to watch anyway.

• Like 1