Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You took away alerts in favor of nightwave, then you introduced the anomaly alert. *slowclap

numanoid

I dont know what youre thinking sometimes, DE. On one hand you cited the inability for some players to attain equipment from the alerts, on the other hand you have the hours long day/night and warm/cold cycles for certain maps and with empyrean introduced the randomized anomality every couple of hours for a limited time. Not to speak off the acolytes on top of that complaint. One has to wonder, are you even aware of the irony?

Edited by numanoid
  • Like 29

No the alert problem was the "pay to sleep" issue, specifically that any item could drop at any time of day.

Really needed another Catalyst? Well too bad one dropped while you were at school/work/sleeping and who knows when the next one will drop. Busy playing something else and that Vauban part you need is on alert? Well now you must drop everything and grab it or risk not being able to finish Vauban for another month.

Alerts were pure random with very tiny windows of time to get them. Everything else you've mentioned are on fixed timers. The day and weather timers on the Plains and Valis outright tell you how long the current cycle is while the anomaly always spawns 120 to 165 minutes after ending. While acolytes are more random they're still on a 6+ month cycle and are more comparable to an event than any alert.

Now sure the random timegating on these things are annoying but that issue isn't why alerts were a problem and why people asked for years if we could get them reworked.

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, numanoid said:

on the other hand you have the hours long day/night and warm/cold cycles for certain maps and with empyrean introduced the randomized anomality every couple of hours for a limited time. Not to speak off the acolytes on top of that complaint. 

The Anomaly appears every 3 hours on the dot, and Acolytes would reappear for a fight 2 or even 3 times every hour. That's easily sidestepping the problems of alerts, so I don't see any hypocrisy

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb SordidDreams:

It's almost as if they want more FOMO in the game, isn't it.

Getting FOMO from missing an event that is guaranteed to recur every three hours isn't a matter of game design, that's a mental health problem.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (PS4)krizalid9999 said:

-snip-

AJ5gR1m.png

While your response might seem apropriate towards 1 person. This graph shows how it actually works, 30k people leaving in the last 2 weeks, because the game is a S#&$show, with way better alternatives out there.

So how about not telling people to leave the game but telling DE to finally adress the problems Warframe has and fix said problems. Like for example removing alerts in favour of a battle pass system, which they keep developing after the prior season ended, forcing us players into longer and longer intermissions.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, numanoid said:

I dont know what youre thinking sometimes, DE. On one hand you cited the inability for some players to attain equipment from the alerts, on the other hand you have the hours long day/night and warm/cold cycles for certain maps and with empyrean introduced the randomized anomality every couple of hours for a limited time. Not to speak off the acolytes on top of that complaint. One has to wonder, are you even aware of the irony?

I just wish we got more NW credits with each milestone and not just a few of them plus the measly amounts you get past rank 30, on average even when not doing alerts all the time I was able to at least get DOUBLE the amount of potatoes I can get right now, so I suspect it is just another way to try and push more platinum sales (remember, you can trade for it, but at one point it has to be bought.)

3 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Getting FOMO from missing an event that is guaranteed to recur every three hours isn't a matter of game design, that's a mental health problem.

I'd say the same about not realizing that the event is only going to continue for a little over three weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I'd say the same about not realizing that the event is only going to continue for a little over three weeks.

The anomaly alert isn't going away.

Scarlet Spear is an event, which ain't exactly a new thing.

22 hours ago, numanoid said:

One has to wonder, are you even aware of the irony?

they probably are, perhaps my main complaint with railjack (aside from all the major game-breaking bugs) was the terrible implementation of Anomaly Alerts., with no consistency of the hours between each anomaly appearing and disappearing, only that it stays for 30 mins. strange how they wanted to do away with time-gate missions, then immediately make a new one with the worst timing system yet.

still, i do like Nightwave, and I imagine that we'll see season 3 some time after Scarlet Spear, which is now running until the 28th for PC. it gives DE enough time to work on Deadlock Protocol, which will hopefully be a nice large, relatively smooth update. I believe once Deadlock Protocol is out, they'll give us the next season. if it doesn't come out at the same time, though considering everything is corpus related, it would make sense.

• Like 1