The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone out there not jaded and actually having fun and getting rewards?

(PSN)CrazyBeaTzu

18 hours ago, Zimzala said:

About to log on for some fun now.

Got my first Lich after me and he has a Kuva Bramma I think I want.

Oh you definitely want the Bramma.  You wanna be a walking piece of artillery?  You get a Bramma, you make everything go boom.

Anyway, with the issues all ironed out and some of the tedium removed, Scarlet Spear's quite a bit of fun.  Maybe not the Squad Link part, as if it skews too far in one direction, things become a slog, but the rest of the event's great!

Edited by Sintag
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

This event gives Endo, Dirac and Lith relics passively. Everyone seems to completely ignore this. 

So just for that it's amazing and I'm loving the reward dump of scarlet spear; the arcanes are just a bonus. 

To me this is probably the most rewarding event ever in Warframe. 2 Weapons, 3 new sigils, 2 unique ship cosmetics, 2 badges, and we can choose RARE arcanes. Along with the resources and relics you get from just playing. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

This event gives Endo, Dirac and Lith relics passively. Everyone seems to completely ignore this. 

So just for that it's amazing and I'm loving the reward dump of scarlet spear; the arcanes are just a bonus. 

The relic rewards are amazing in this event. The scarlet credits arnt even hard to come by. 

Its not grindy at all, it's a really fun event. 

All events come with bugs to some extent, but haven't just received SS on console I'm loving this event. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

To me this is probably the most rewarding event ever in Warframe. 2 Weapons, 3 new sigils, 2 unique ship cosmetics, 2 badges, and we can choose RARE arcanes. Along with the resources and relics you get from just playing. 

The game play doesn't feel rewarding though, and that's what I'm after. Of course after Thermia fractures I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this event either.

The scoring and time/murex limit is just annoying. I'm tired on having runs aborted when 70 kills is achieved...the early condrix creds are paltry so it just wastes my time.

It's not 2 weapons either, it's 2 blueprints, will probably never get the railjack resources for the gun...whatever, don't care.

But I guess I got what I paid for, glad your enjoying yourself though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

The relic rewards are amazing in this event. The scarlet credits arnt even hard to come by. 

Its not grindy at all, it's a really fun event. 

All events come with bugs to some extent, but haven't just received SS on console I'm loving this event. 

Some people like nice round numbers like 10,000 credits messages in their inbox rather than multiple 8262 messages for the same exact effort across multiple flotillas. So when you gimp yourself reaching the cap for no reason except the appeal of reaching the cap, it feels harder than it is (it's the difference between, say, 4 legendary Arcanes and 6 of them in 2 Condrix runs).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

The game play doesn't feel rewarding though, and that's what I'm after. Of course after Thermia fractures I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this event either.

The scoring and time/murex limit is just annoying. I'm tired on having runs aborted when 70 kills is achieved...the early condrix creds are paltry so it just wastes my time.

It's not 2 weapons either, it's 2 blueprints, will probably never get the railjack resources for the gun...whatever, don't care.

But I guess I got what I paid for, glad your enjoying yourself though. 

I was more talking about the rewards than actual gameplay.

The gameplay honestly, is typical Warframe defense. Not my favorite, but I'm accustom to it. I personally break up the grind with other activities as to not get burnt out quickly. I don't even understand the event completely, so maybe that's why I don't rage. All I know is that I choose one of two missions, play a while, get credits and then get an email with a bonus. If I've been cheated, I wasn't even aware to be honest. Still I've gotten most things in reasonable time so I'm ok. 

I've never played a Warframe event that didn't get tiring. From SS to defection... They all become really tedious if you sit there playing it for hours on end. I don't get all the vitriol. Why start hating the devs for that now? 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

I still remember the Gradivus Dilemma. 100 missions minimum to get all of the rewards, and they were all the same Invasion Exterminate mission (bear in mind that this was pre-Parkour 2.0, so those missions were a lot slower than they would be now). While fighting alongside the enemy factions was neat, it kinda lost its novelty after the first dozen-or-so missions.

Scarlet Spear, by comparison, is downright nice.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why start hating the devs for that now? 

No clue, as you say boring events are DE's forte. It's likely the nerfs, but I applaud anything that makes things less brain-dead.

I got the 2 bps pretty quick (played event for the first time today) so credits aren't too stingy if you manage to get the bonus. I'm done now because I don't care about arcanes or hate myself. :)

Ground mission was pretty clear, space seemed kind of a mess and even being entirely new to Railjack managed to feel even more dull...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

No clue, as you say boring events are DE's forte. It's likely the nerfs, but I applaud anything that makes things less brain-dead.

I got the 2 bps pretty quick (played event for the first time today) so credits aren't too stingy if you manage to get the bonus. I'm done now because I don't care about arcanes or hate myself. 🙂

Ground mission was pretty clear, space seemed kind of a mess and even being entirely new to Railjack managed to feel even more dull...

To complain about nerfs when for the first time in Warframes existence I can practically take ANY weapon to any mission is short sighted. 

I would even argue we were buffed too much and enemies are nerfed too often. 

I'm still waiting for truly challenging gameplay. My favorite tactical events in Warframe were when we had extremely high enemy levels and it took actual cooperation to win. Unfortunately, people complained about them and they stopped giving us those.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 6

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

To complain about nerfs when for the first time in Warframes existence I can practically take ANY weapon to any mission is short sighted. 

I would even argue we were buffed too much and enemies are nerfed too often. 

It's a mixed bag imo.

On the plus side the Grineer are no longer the sole measure of what the power curve is in Warframe.

On the other things that already delete the entire game now do so...even more than they did before.

Though if I had to choose I'd prefer a wider pool of "usable" vs a more narrow pool of "viable" in the long haul, makes content design possibilities a bit broader.

...Now if DE could just get better at working with numbers so things are on a better balanced level between "easy as pie" and "4.8 million eHP sandbags".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Now if DE could just get better at working with numbers so things are on a better balanced level between "easy as pie" and "4.8 million eHP sandbags".

This is my main complaint with Warframe. I can't even simulate difficult enemies in the simulacrum any more. There was a time when lvl 150 could be used to test the very best of gear. Only the best (or OP) frames and weapon with optimal modding could kill enemies of that level. Now i can tear through 20 spawned lvl 150 enemies with practically any frame and melee without even checking mods.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

I was expecting to hate the event, just from hearing all the complaints and seeing people moaning about it I was almost dreading having to even bother. Granted, the guys on PC had to deal with the usual bugs, but this feels way less of a grind than what we’ve gotten in a while. I joined a few ground missions and it was pretty fun but now I just run solo space missions and end up with around 10,000 points by the end and usually the 10,000 bonus so there’s a decent chunk of Arcanes. Could they have put some more thought into the whole event and made it a bit more interesting? Yup, but at least it feels like your time invested is worth it to an extent. Gets the bad taste out of my mouth from that stupid super soaker event. 

• Like 2

After farming everything the event has to offer at Little duck's shop, i confess i'm burned. I will stay away a little until i feel motivated again.  But that's not everything. With this event, and i focused on murex, i gained A TON of intrinsic points that, outside the event, would be a pain to farm, all thanks to the high level of the enemies in the mission. In a single murex raid, i blew up 7 crewships. With double affinity booster i got from sortie. A few missions more and i will have another rank 9 intrinsic.

Friendly advice: do not grind this like there's no tomorrow. Join a flotilla with chances to finish the 100 murex quota, earn 5k score, guarantee your 10k bonus and play something else. Avoid burnout.

Edited by renleech
  • Like 2

I like the ground missions in Scarlet Spear. I have not followed-up on the early issues. Since it was implemented on PS4 I think it is pretty good. Also, with exception of the legendary arcanes, everything is so cheap. One full run can net you 12-14K (assuming that the Muricx are driven away). 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
  • Like 2

I'm enjoying the gameplay elements of the events. I really hope to see squad link developed more in the future. It's fun working toward a cooperative goal. 

So I'm having a good time with both the ground and space aspects. But I'm on console and didn't have to deal with all the early issues, so that makes a big difference. 

I do think the matchmaking for the event needs to be more consolidated though. I feel like I end up playing solo quite a bit. 

Edited by (PS4)JohnnyPersia
  • Like 4

The longer I play Scarlet spear the more I hate ground side vs Space side.   I also hate the stupid scoring system.  I have gotten 3 stars for everything but not very often even tho I put in awesome effort.  

I do a bit of ground side because I know the space side needs it.   But space is so much easier and funner.  Ground side is a loooong slog through incredibly difficult opponents.

I really hope they take their heel off ground sides throat so you dont have to be so meta in it.

---------------

But I have alot of fun with the event.  I have all the rewards from it.  Have maxed out all the arcanes I wanted.  I want to stop playing it but I cant lol.   Now im trying to bank arcanes to sell for plat.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I like the ground missions in Scarlet Spear. I have not followed-up on the early issues. Since it was implemented on PS4 I think it is pretty good. Also, with exception of the legendary arcanes, everything is so cheap. One full run can net you 12-14K (assuming that the Muricx are driven away). 

12-14k, but a 4k arcane that used to be highly unobtainable can be bought 3 times in one run.....but sure yea quite the exception. Glad ur having fun!

• Like 1