Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the worst weapons in the game?(by feel or performance,or both)

(PSN)grayhyh

Hi! this is my first thread,I know people usually want to see others opinions on best weapons/frames but i want to know peoples personal worst when it comes to warframe.

I know i might get some obvious answers so it doesnt need to be based on performance,also if you feel the least comfrotable using it feel free to share it.

Ill start

Primary:Gorgon(in terms of how it feels,base gorgon in performance also):

I hated using the base gorgon,crappy gun with high recoil and an annoying sound similar to a jackhammer its probably the only auto ill not bother to invest in the variant even tho im an auto wep junkie

secondary:Mk1 furis/Furis:

furis was a bit meh for me on early game and it sounds like a needle stapler

Lato:

lato was worse than mk1 braton after reaching like level 20s territory

Melee:every dagger in terms of both looks and performance:

every dagger look like a discount weeb stick you bought in a cheap store(cough dark dagger cough)and  daggers are nowhere near as useful as other melees it will be forever ashs finisher stick with covert lethality.

i hope you will share urs.

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion here: The Tigris and Sybaris families. I can't stand how those weapons feel to use.

The Tigris, powerful as they may be, are in a constant state of reloading. You reload more than you fire, and no amount of power in the world can make up for that. Not to mention the horrible hold the trigger mechanic it has if you don't want to waste the second bullet. Top Tier Trash.

Sybaris feel like oversized, underpowered, hyperactive pistols. Frankly I could say the same thing about all burst fire weapons - seriously, why does burst fire even exist when you can do literally the same thing on an automatic? I can't exactly pinpoint why I dislike the Sybaris more than the other burst weapons, but I do. Maybe because they look really good but suck really bad to use, and I really, really, REALLY hate wasted potential in anything. If something is bad, it's bad, not much I can do about it. But if something is bad but has a crapton of potential, I will hate it even more because it could have been so much greater. And I feel the Sybaris could be a really good series of weapons... if they were either snipers or shotguns. As they stay, they're really good looking wastes of potential.

• Like 8

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

The Tigris, powerful as they may be, are in a constant state of reloading. You reload more than you fire, and no amount of power in the world can make up for that. Not to mention the horrible hold the trigger mechanic it has if you don't want to waste the second bullet. Top Tier Trash

I have to agree I cant stand the Tigris family 

• Like 3

Stug, regular kraken, regular pangolin sword, Shaku (unfortunately a worse version of the ninkondi), Sibear (could be great, but has too many cons against it and high cryotic cost), Ankyros and its prime version too, Cronus, could go on, but those are just some of the weapons i think perform the worse in game.

By feel? any Primary weapon that does not have a big impactful sound, will instantly make me not use it, same for secondaries, i wanna shoot a weapon of mass destruction, not a nerf gun.

Primary: Quanta / Convectrix are the most tedious weapons that make no sense about the way they work, uncomfortable is an understatement here.

Secondary: Kraken, seriously feels like Grineer blow-dryer. Also Sonicor with the new knockback bs it's a pain without knockback resistance.

Melee: Every punching/kicking weapon, they feel like you're using soap on your hands and legs, the animations look good but they tend to pass through enemies and thus feeling unable to land constant hits on a certain enemy. The only good thing they hold are the finishing moves.

11 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Shaku

I disagree with you there. Shaku is my main. ❤️ ...If it did more damage than it does, it would kill too fast. That thing is magical. Stacks combo counter beautifully, feels like you're whoopin' on people.. What I would say against it, is it's Heavy Attack is flatly horizontal, and cannot hit targets above or below chest height as a result.. so you can't ever heavy attack a prone or flying enemy. I prefer that it only has Impact, as it can consistently and rapidly work an enemy down to low health, setting them up to Parazon... which in my case spawns Health/Energy orbs. Not to mention, it's an easy pick for Shattering Impact use. 😃 Stance could use a little work, but what stance in game couldn't? Shaku is hands-down, my absolute favorite melee.

As for bad weapons.. Destreza's Vulpine Mask is an abomination. Don't know who thought a, "fencing stance," should include 2 backflips, when there are only 4 combo moves..

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Unpopular opinion here: The Tigris and Sybaris families. I can't stand how those weapons feel to use.

The Tigris, powerful as they may be, are in a constant state of reloading. You reload more than you fire, and no amount of power in the world can make up for that. Not to mention the horrible hold the trigger mechanic it has if you don't want to waste the second bullet. Top Tier Trash.

Sybaris feel like oversized, underpowered, hyperactive pistols. Frankly I could say the same thing about all burst fire weapons - seriously, why does burst fire even exist when you can do literally the same thing on an automatic? I can't exactly pinpoint why I dislike the Sybaris more than the other burst weapons, but I do. Maybe because they look really good but suck really bad to use, and I really, really, REALLY hate wasted potential in anything. If something is bad, it's bad, not much I can do about it. But if something is bad but has a crapton of potential, I will hate it even more because it could have been so much greater. And I feel the Sybaris could be a really good series of weapons... if they were either snipers or shotguns. As they stay, they're really good looking wastes of potential.

You don't want to use the Tigris for normal enemies, it's a kind of weapon to bring against bosses or higher level enemies. You can also get an extra round and better reload speed so you can fire three times then reload. Holding the trigger in is a bit annoying but it's part of the system, maybe if it fired each barrel independently rather than firing on a burst or a duplex system. It's a kind of weapon to use sparingly instead using secondary and melee for most of a mission, then using your shotgun on tougher foes. 

Sybaris I will agree is a rather eh kind of weapon, especially now with Tiberon Prime in existence. Tiberon is about the best burst gun since each round will impact the target and there's very little recoil, Sybaris either doesn't kill fast enough or the first shot will kill and the second shot is wasted. 

I'd say something closer to a worse weapon is the Latron, there's a reason why it's part of building Tiberon because why pull the trigger for every round when you can fire a burst or go full auto? 

Worst sidearm is the Stug, it has a decent corrosive effect so you can use it against the Grineer but it's such an awkward gun to use. 

All melee weapons have decent enough stats and since they don't rely on ammo I'd say the only "bad," melee weapons are the starter ones which should be bad as they're the first weapons you get. 

What i dislike By feel: how scythes/heavy swords feel with stance mods, sarpa, Tigris prime (thought it'd be a tri or quad barrel), phaedra, akmagus, boltace family, Kuva Chakkhurr (dont like handle but love the reload) 

Performance : Zenistar, stug, kunai, seer, kuva brakk(thought it be automatic, shooting and reload noise, want  more bass or pow)

Both: Kraken family,  paracyst, knux, hind

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

I have done everything in my power to make the Dex Sybaris an endgame weapon, but even with 4 forma it just does not compare to my 1 Forma sniper rifles. Longer time-to-kill with about the same reload speed, I just cannot get the Sybaris family to work

Same with the Buzlok -- it needs a crit built and a headshot tag just to MATCH my other guns -- but that's another thread. 

Tigris Prime, for the mechanics of it. I'm not great at aiming, so missing one or both of the shots,  or facing a swarm of enemies it's not ideal. 

Also whips and whip & blades, their movement never felt fun or fluid enough.

• Like 1

Any MK-1 weapon, the Stug, the Dual Toxocyst, the Acrid, several weapons that have alternate versions from back when they were flat power creep rather than adjusted playstyles.

Also the Phage, the Hema, the Veldt (as much as I like it), both Burstons, both Tetras, the regular Hind, the Strun Family (the Wraith tries its best though) also the regular Snipetron oh and both Deras.

There's also the Attica, the Flux Rifle, the Panthera, the Argonak (outpreformed by the regular Stradavar), all of the Cestra line (even the Syndicate one under-preforms), anything named Bronco, the Zylok, the Akzani, the Talons (Which I also like).

A fair number of the weapons I've listed are so mediocre that even their max Riven dispo can't make them particularly good.

Edited by Aldain

4 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Melee:every dagger in terms of both looks and performance:

every dagger look like a discount weeb stick you bought in a cheap store(cough dark dagger cough)and  daggers are nowhere near as useful as other melees it will be forever ashs finisher stick with covert lethality.

Dagger zaw is very strong, was good before u26, became even better after because of increased range to attack and even more recently with changes to damage/status. Looks good in my opinion, like a raptor talon.

By looks, almost every infested weapon is simply horrible and/or disgusting in design. 
By performance or feel there are just too many to list!

Miter, Dera (&Vandal), Gorgon (&Wraith/Prisma), Grakata(s &Prisma,) Vectis (&Prime), Latron (&Wraith/Prime), Panthera.. actual Hundreds of guns.
Not looking for OP, just weapons that don't endlessly throw bullets & time into the void when hitting enemies.

Most melees are good in terms of stats, with a few exceptions which are more often utility (range/speed/status) and damage types. The main issue with melees are stances, momentum, lack of close range mechanics, and the slow impractical nature of base combo counter gains. Among the worst melees in game is the Prova (&Vandal).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Friggin machete zaw. That's literally it for me because its that bad.

Were they nerfed after Melee 3.0?

I used to run one with an Exodia (ground slam pulls enemies and open them up for finishers), a specific stance for lots of slams, and Arcane Trickery (invisibility). It was quite the vortex-like killing machine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Were they nerfed after Melee 3.0?

I used to run one with an Exodia (ground slam pulls enemies and open them up for finishers), a specific stance for lots of slams, and Arcane Trickery (invisibility). It was quite the vortex-like killing machine.

Lol.....my zaws OP.....its just incredibly ugly haha. I was under the impression a machete would be a blade.

Both stances I used seem clunky and slow, but any stance can be made better with berserker so that's not an issue I guess. I do like the heavy attack spin. 

I'm gonna try out the Exodia slam I've been meaning to try it I just got the standing back.

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Shotguns. They’re effectively where beam weapons were before they got buffed. So they’re worthless outside of a few exceptions.

I really really really want to argue this point, but when I only have two examples (pumping headshots out with Vaykor Hek/Tigris Prime, knocking over crowds with Arca Plasmor/Corinth) I think that falls under "a few exceptions"

Edited by TARINunit9