Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

S Tier: none

A Tier: Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Wisp, Nova.

B Tier: Gara, Khora, Rhino, Volt, Trinity, Equinox, Nidus, Wukong, Ivara, Gauss, Nezha, Oberon, Baruuk, Titania, Limbo, Inaros, Harrow, Mirage, Chroma, Ember

C Tier: Nekros, Revenant, Vauban, Hildryn, Frost, Mag, Loki, Excalibur, Ash, Valkyr, Banshee, Garuda, Atlas

D Tier: Hydroid

F Tier: Grendel, Zephyr, Nyx

S Tiers are frames that completely invalidate every other possible option, mirage was S back when map wide blind was super important for raids.

A Tiers are good in 90% of content, but aren't S Tier because you don't drastically hurt yourself or your teams odds of completing content by not picking them.

B Tiers are solid in most situations and you usually only give up some efficiency for running them.

C Tiers are niche frames who have a clearly better choice in their niche.

D Tiers have a niche, and technically speaking, if you're playing optimally you do have a reason to take them, but they really are just a niche of a niche.

F Tiers are just bad.

Edited by stormy505

LoL 😀

I like hydroid, and i can use it def/surv. Need a lot of range and duration, and the kuva bramma will solve the problems. Also he's undying while using his abilities under the water. Also it's magnetic dmg and rain shots down the nullfier's bubble.

The worst is grendel. 😀

On 2020-05-02 at 4:32 AM, (XB1)Shakalooloo said:

It must be Excalibur Prime.  You hardly ever see anyone use him...

Excalibur and Umbra (your joke not withstanding)...

In a wierd place, in some ways similar to Limbo.  He is our posterboi Knight, but his very powerful “Swooshboi 4” and to a lesser extent his “copy-cat Heavy Melee Groundslam 3” are supposed to be Melee-related to his sword but very much make him a Spam-mage Caster.

I like his 1, 2 for his theme but playing them along with Augments relegates you to sub-optimal Niche territory.

This, I think, is why your statement rings true even though you were joking.

DE, in giving him the power needed to compete at the top, sacrificed a large part of his established identity and original gameplay feel.

Wierd, right?  In a game where Melee is king...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2020-04-29 at 4:20 PM, (PS4)ahmed_09716 said:

Inaros has high hp why does 3/4 of his abilities heal? Nidus has high hp too why does he need his damage reduction ability,hildryn has alot of shields why does she need her 3? Your points are irrelevant 

Bruh.

High hp tank frames have self healing because they have the hp pool to actually take advantage of their healing, revenant has all of his survivability invested in Mesmer skin so if his direct hp pool ever takes damage he's usually insta dead, so having a self heal is completely redundant on revenant.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant has to run away and find a hiding spot in order to safely recast Mesmer

https://gfycat.com/weirddelayedangelfish
Standing in front of 20 Level 155 heavy gunners with almost no mods and no allies, doing just fine. You use Thrall because it's free, and it spreads. The fact that they no longer contribute to danse scaling is negligable, because they are drawing massive aggro and are adding significantly more to your defense than they possibly could to your offense.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Like take Reave for example. It supposed to be an escape ability, yet you’re liable to be shot 3 times over before you even activate the ability proper.

https://gfycat.com/glisteningalienatedkrill
This isn't even the fastest Revenant can go. The startup is near nonexistant if you activate danse before reave. If you EVER use reave while not dansing, you're wasting your time and energy. Also take note of how little energy I'm using despite having an ability with :"a heavy energy drain" AND spamming reave. 

https://gfycat.com/hastygoodlaughingthrush
Also bonus clip of Hyldryn, another god frame using 0 abilities.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-28 at 2:52 PM, (PS4)grayhyh said:

It used to be wukong for most people including me,wudingdong got a rework so...

Hydroid imo? He aint good for anything except dangling enemies with his tentacles and making them drop more resources,Nekros at least can make his own army and have his own hp with despoil connected to desecrate.

Going to make a subjective list of those frames who according to me might need a few tweaks and then pick the one I think is the worst for me .

1. Ash 

While Ash isn't an awful frame per se and he gets his time to shine against level 100+ enemies thanks to bladestorm or to the easy access to finishers his 3 grants him he kind of gets the shorter end of the stick talking about stealth / offensive frames ; bladestorm takes definitely too much to lock on every enemy and be casted ( by the time you are done your average mirage / ember / saryn / mesa / ecc already cleared the room ) and also takes up too much energy for as much as you can reduce its cost .
His invisibility is also kind of lame compared to Loki's due to its duration and while it can definitely be useful it could use a tweak ( I also don't like the forced synergy between Ash's smoke bomb and bladestorm tbh... ) .
Shurikens are lovely , nothing to say about them .
Teleport is pretty fine too .
The issue is that there are just a lot of frames who are just better than Ash at his role ( stealth ? Pick Loki . Offense ? Pick Mirage , Ember , Equinox , Mesa , Saryn , Wukong , ecc ) and as such no one feels the need to pick him unless it's for fun .

2. Atlas

Despite his rework and the addition of lots of augments Atlas is still only used to punch stuff ; the changes applied to his 3 also make him feel definitely more tanky than he used to be in the past but his second ability ( tectonics ) and his 4th one ( rumblers ) are still pretty much useless and that's about half of his kit . 

3. Banshee

Banshee is in kind of a bad state . She is extremely squishy and she is only used for her sonar . Silence does not provide her the survivability she'd need , it's just not a great cc at all . Her sonic boom is a nice cc but is pretty much as useful as any other 1 in the game...not much . Sound quake just flat out sucks...it forces Banshee to stand still and it can't even kill enemies past level 20 . 

4. Chroma

His 1 and 4 are not all that great and now that self damage via explosives has been nullified you need to get hit quite a bit for Vex armor to be charged . Still a more decent frame than many others anyhow .

5. Garuda 

This frame's concept is overall okay but Ash pretty much outperforms her...and again there's not much of a reason to pick Ash .

6. Hydroid

Hydroid's rework turned him into a rather okay frame back then when it striked but he's still not in an amazing spot , especially after all of this time . 
Tempest barrage and tidal surge are pretty okay ( though it'd be nice if they at least provided some sort of cc...idk...reduced armor on enemies or slow on those hit by Hydroid in his path , ecc ) . Undertow is once again kind of getting old...it doesn't really deal much damage and though it may heal your allies with the auxilium of an augment there are lot of other frames and arcanes who can provide the same service and in a better way . Tentacle swarm just doesn't deal enough damage...and while it can now grab enemies instead of having tentacles flail around aimlessly like before it just isn't strong enough to kill them past a certain level and it does make it annoying for your teammates to shoot them while the tentacles wiggle them in all directions . 

7. Limbo

Limbo is once again pretty okay concept wise but the rift can be either a great help or a great hinderance for all of your teammates depending on how you use him . I think that just making the bubble work like Frost's or Gara's shields by allowing you to shoot through it with no issues while at the same time continuing to work as it does now for the enemies would help the players appreciate this frame a lot more .

8. Nyx

Believe it or not but this frame once used to be one of Warframe's cc queens...time does fly...
Nyx received some nice changes as of recently ( mostly to her 1 and 2 ) but they did not solve her problems . She is squishy and while her passive and Chaos contribute to keep her alive they might not always suffice , especially at higher levels where she's going to get one shot very quickly without an augment to her 4th ability ( which also limits her movement and the way she can be built tho ) .
Despite the buffs her 1 also gets rather useless as the enemies start increasing in levels and this is cause the damage the AI deals and can stand is different from the damage a Warframe can deal or stand . Psychic bolts are pretty nice now , nothing to say about them . 
Chaos is still a lovely CC but...again...AI damage...this means that at level 100+ you'll pretty much see enemies tickling each other .
Assimilate locks Nyx in place unless augmented and even then now its energy consumption scales with the damage you receive , basically making your energy go from 100% to 0% in but a few seconds at higher levels...pretty bad for an already squishy frame , ain't it ? To make things worse...this is supposed to be your "nuke" ability...except it doesn't nuke anything at all...the damage it deals is ridiculously low . 

9. Zephyr 

Pretty fun to play but aside from Turbulence she's honestly fairly useless...not to mention how limited she feels in narrow spaces ( aka 80% of the game's missions ) . She definitely needs a rework .

As for the worst frame in game at the moment...I think I'd narrow it down to Banshee , Nyx and Zephyr...and probably pick Banshee out of the three at the moment...for the simple fact that keeping her alive can be a hell of a challenge even with an appropriate build . She needs buffs .

• Like 1

GRENDEL takes the cake for worst warframe of all time

3 of his abilities rely too much on a mechanic of one ability that doing anything with him feels bothersome. Also to note his energy requirements are way above what can sustain his abilities even with 175% efficiency

3 hours ago, ZepBladez said:

https://gfycat.com/weirddelayedangelfish
Standing in front of 20 Level 155 heavy gunners with almost no mods and no allies, doing just fine. You use Thrall because it's free, and it spreads. The fact that they no longer contribute to danse scaling is negligable, because they are drawing massive aggro and are adding significantly more to your defense than they possibly could to your offense.

https://gfycat.com/glisteningalienatedkrill
This isn't even the fastest Revenant can go. The startup is near nonexistant if you activate danse before reave. If you EVER use reave while not dansing, you're wasting your time and energy. Also take note of how little energy I'm using despite having an ability with :"a heavy energy drain" AND spamming reave. 

https://gfycat.com/hastygoodlaughingthrush
Also bonus clip of Hyldryn, another god frame using 0 abilities.

So Mesmer needs enemies to stop shooting at you to be good? Kinda defeats the point of a tank ability, don’t it?

And yet Gauss with 2 sprint speed mods is significantly faster than that.

nyx, harrow, gauss, banshee, chromma, garuda, valkyr and zephyr are examples of bad warframes.

Best for me is grendel, hildryn, frost, hydroid, ivara, nidus, inaros, rhino, wisp, vauban, mesa, gara, revenant, khora, volt.

Edited by Luciole77

1 hour ago, hungryghost84 said:

GRENDEL takes the cake for worst warframe of all time

3 of his abilities rely too much on a mechanic of one ability that doing anything with him feels bothersome. Also to note his energy requirements are way above what can sustain his abilities even with 175% efficiency

not to me....

He is the best tank and the most fun warframe for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

If i can reguarly out preform mesas and saryns with grendel he is hardly the worst frame.

My vote is hydroid. As bad as pre-rework wukong or vauban.

If you can outperform mesa’s and saryn’s with grendel, you’re playing with bad mesa’s and saryn’s. In a subjective standpoint you can have the most fun in the entire planet with him, but that still wouldn’t change the fact that objectively he’s the worst frame behind nyx. 

1 minute ago, SleepingVictors said:

If you can outperform mesa’s and saryn’s with grendel, you’re playing with bad mesa’s and saryn’s. In a subjective standpoint you can have the most fun in the entire planet with him, but that still wouldn’t change the fact that objectively he’s the worst frame behind nyx. 

Yeah seriously. I was playing support Ober for a mesa that couldn't kill a damn thing, turns out he had SIX survival mods on and only FOUR mods total on his regulators... -_-

Out killing that Mesa wasn't a huge accomplishment I'd go around bragging on the forums about.

Oberon. I play solo. He sucks (or maybe sucked, haven't played him in forever, though I doubt anything changed) at solo. Thus, he's the worst Warframe in the game, cause no other frame has that problem (but I haven't played Grendel, so he could have it too).

20 hours ago, stormy505 said:

S Tier: none

A Tier: Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Wisp, Nova.

B Tier: Gara, Khora, Rhino, Volt, Trinity, Equinox, Nidus, Wukong, Ivara, Gauss, Nezha, Oberon, Baruuk, Titania, Limbo, Inaros, Harrow, Mirage, Chroma, Ember

C Tier: Nekros, Revenant, Vauban, Hildryn, Frost, Mag, Loki, Excalibur, Ash, Valkyr, Banshee, Garuda, Atlas

D Tier: Hydroid

F Tier: Grendel, Zephyr, Nyx

S Tiers are frames that completely invalidate every other possible option, mirage was S back when map wide blind was super important for raids.

A Tiers are good in 90% of content, but aren't S Tier because you don't drastically hurt yourself or your teams odds of completing content by not picking them.

B Tiers are solid in most situations and you usually only give up some efficiency for running them.

C Tiers are niche frames who have a clearly better choice in their niche.

D Tiers have a niche, and technically speaking, if you're playing optimally you do have a reason to take them, but they really are just a niche of a niche.

F Tiers are just bad.

Lots of odd positions on that list. As your A tier requirement is "good in 90% of the content" Frost should in reality be right there, the only 2 things he arent really useful at would be spy missions and hunts. Yet he somehow ends up a tier below Gara that is overall a weaker frame for defense due to zero CC and a low hp wall. She also really only has her DR in all other missions since if it isnt static, cheesing up her spliter storm isnt very effective.

And Inaros at tier B? Rev and Hildryn were already better damage soakers than Inaros and now with shield gate they are even better. Inaros can still get one-shot, Rev will only die if you run out of energy and mesmer skin at the same time. Both Rev and Hildryn also provide so much more to the group.

Also very confused how Khora is B tier but Vauban is C. They are essentially doing the exact same thing for their team, which is CC plus heavy damage.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 3

I find Grendel quite useless.

While he could be fixed with some changes. Like make him spit acid pools that create aoe on floor. Instead of spitting the bodies. Or make the diges buff some meaningful buff like.."well fed" increasing hp, dmg and speed of nerby frames...for little not as much like rhino or wisp buff but all at the same time.

I'd argue that that ignoble honor goes to either Nyx (Outdone in her own niche by Loki's 4, Mind Control is useless as ever, Psychic Bolts hits too few enemies, and Absorb is still impractical) or, ironically, Loki (Other frames can run invisibility, keep it up better, and aren't saddled with two useless abilities; He's only great due to Radial Disarm at this point which, while still an amazing CC tool just doesn't offer much use in the grand scheme of things)

5 hours ago, Elyann said:

probably pick Banshee out of the three at the moment...for the simple fact that keeping her alive can be a hell of a challenge even with an appropriate build . She needs buffs .

If you haven't played Banshee since the shield gating patch, try her now.   Still squishy, but when I die with her now I feel like it's operator error rather than just part of playing Banshee.

She could sure use some changes.  She's far more dependent on her augments than any other frame I play, and I really don't use her 4 for anything except soloing Interceptions.  I think her 3 could use another effect, and I'd love for her to have a little more stealth utility.  But...she's still a top three funnest frames for me, and probably still the best in the game at making bad weapons great, and great weapons ridiculous.  I just can't see calling her the worst when she's got that going for her, and there's so many frames that need work and don't bring anything special to the table.

YMMV obviously.

• Like 1