Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Lots of odd positions on that list. As your A tier requirement is "good in 90% of the content" Frost should in reality be right there, the only 2 things he arent really useful at would be spy missions and hunts. Yet he somehow ends up a tier below Gara that is overall a weaker frame for defense due to zero CC and a low hp wall. She also really only has her DR in all other missions since if it isnt static, cheesing up her spliter storm isnt very effective.

Team wide damage reduction. Scaling damage that only got better with the armor changes.

Also frost doesn't let his team shoot past his barrier, and although he is the best defense frame for endurance runs because of his barrier invincibility phase, I figure it isn't relevant to go past level 300 in defensive enough for that to improve his placement.

And Inaros at tier B? Rev and Hildryn were already better damage soakers than Inaros and now with shield gate they are even better. Inaros can still get one-shot, Rev will only die if you run out of energy and mesmer skin at the same time. Both Rev and Hildryn also provide so much more to the group.

Inaros doesn't get shut down by nullifiers which in of itself boosts his tanking potential up a lot. His 1 is fast acting cc, goes through walls, and let's you use a finisher on bulky targets.

Again, unless we have a reason to push past level 500 where he starts falling off (though if you play him correctly and stun the entire map, functions just fine) he's a better frame then hildryn or rev.

Also very confused how Khora is B tier but Vauban is C. They are essentially doing the exact same thing for their team, which is CC plus heavy damage.

Survivability is an important factor, because if their cc gets nullified for whatever reason how do they survive?  Khora has the self healing from her kavat, and just in general better bulk then vauban. although they do a lot of the same thing, khora is worth bringing over vauban in certain missions almost purely because she has access to a loot+ augment.

29 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Team wide damage reduction. Scaling damage that only got better with the armor changes.

Also frost doesn't let his team shoot past his barrier, and although he is the best defense frame for endurance runs because of his barrier invincibility phase, I figure it isn't relevant to go past level 300 in defensive enough for that to improve his placement.

Inaros doesn't get shut down by nullifiers which in of itself boosts his tanking potential up a lot. His 1 is fast acting cc, goes through walls, and let's you use a finisher on bulky targets.

Again, unless we have a reason to push past level 500 where he starts falling off (though if you play him correctly and stun the entire map, functions just fine) he's a better frame then hildryn or rev.

Survivability is an important factor, because if their cc gets nullified for whatever reason how do they survive?  Khora has the self healing from her kavat, and just in general better bulk then vauban. although they do a lot of the same thing, khora is worth bringing over vauban in certain missions almost purely because she has access to a loot+ augment.

As I said, the scaling damage only works in static missions. Avalanche armor strip + AoE damage is always there and fills the same purpose for the whole group. The DR is nice, but it is really not worth it unless you run really high missions. When would you ever actually need to shoot into or through Frost's bubble? It kinda makes your Limbo positioning odd aswell when you use such an argument on Frost since on Limbo you can neither shoot into or out of the area. And Limbo's area denial is pretty much all he has going for him.

No one gets shut down by nullifiers. That whole nullifier scare story must be the biggest myth in all of WF. Not that Hildryn would get shut down by a nullifier either since she doesnt rely on buffs to live. And with shield gate you are free to crashdown and melee nulls as Rev too since you'll have plenty of time to recast mesmer skin if you run into a situation where shields hit zero. Inaros one may be decent, but how often do we need finishers these days to kill a bulky target? I cant see Inaros as better when he brings less to the group, it just doesnt make sense.

Survivability is important, but Vauban is durable enough and has superior AoE damage compared to Khora. Khora may be wroth bringing for certain missions, but the same can be said for Vauban regarding other missions. Hence why I think both actually deserve a B spot. I think several people that look down on Vauban are stuck thinking of the old Vauban and not the new powerhouse that he is. And if I really want extra loot I'll just bring Hydroid for guaranteed 2x loot.

• Like 1

loki

1- is 100% useless, no matter if you put 300% strenght, the decoy will easily die in few seconds even against low enemies(also, the damage it deals, is pathetic). "but i use that ability to" to what? lure the enemy? please.......

2- it's good, nothing to say

3- it's a meme, what do you use this ability for? trolling the allies? trolling the enemies?

4- kinda mhe, it isn't 100% useless but there are much more effective and useful abilities than this one, not bad, not good, just ok.

loki gameplay, press 2 and hope nobody will hit you, the end.

Grendel is trash, even his draft design is imho to burn (personnal opinion)

Hydroid has real number and mechanical issues

Trinity is as its historical worst and nobody talks about her. People don't need her energy nor damage reduction. Things have been stacked in the game that does everything she does but better. Nowaday you litterally wear the frame with arcanes/auras(grace or barrier or even brief respite), focus tree(zenurik) and mods(adaptation). So trinity is good only for lures healing. YEAY.

Valkyr Her ripline doesn't work anymore for anything, it was fine before the second dream. Her shield synergie skill should be rescalled. Her buff was strong but the game has evolved and now it is meh at best. Walking bad ultimate tier.

Then there are the frames that are exceptionnal at things but feel clunky to play with: Banshee, Zephyr and probably some I may forget about.

A yes:

Frost this frame is useless in like 99.9% of the game content. his mechanics are pretty slow mo and its base stats weights are not on par with how the game has evolved either. Frost bubble is atm one of the worst point defense mechanisms when it comes down to minmaxed builds. The invicibility delay on the bubble has 0 impact until a point when when you have died from old age.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

loki

1- is 100% useless, no matter if you put 300% strenght, the decoy will easily die in few seconds even against low enemies(also, the damage it deals, is pathetic). "but i use that ability to" to what? lure the enemy? please.......

2- it's good, nothing to say

3- it's a meme, what do you use this ability for? trolling the allies? trolling the enemies?

4- kinda mhe, it isn't 100% useless but there are much more effective and useful abilities than this one, not bad, not good, just ok.

loki gameplay, press 2 and hope nobody will hit you, the end.

Nowadays i use Loki to cheese pug Arbis, low ability strength, high range builds means you can can put Power Donation on the frame with no drawbacks and disarm everything before they get close.

If you have a Khora in the team, you can switch teleport heavy units into the Strangledome or into Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm.

But yeah, Decoy is only good for taking a single hit, nothing else.

13 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

13 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

Clearly, you don't know how loki works.

There's a reason why loki has remained fundamentally unchanged over the years, and still holds up.

You are using the first and third abilities for the wrong reasons.

Players do not use his first ability as a lure. Put his first ability in an unreachable spot that enemies cannot see (There are plenty of these spots). It deactivates the AI completely. Only AI that are not affected are melee units (and melee units are utter garbage).

The third ability is used in conjunction with the first. Lets you instantly teleport to the decoy. Its used in spy missions or when players are just fast travelling to extraction.

Seemingly enough, Loki's playstyle does not line with yours. simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Never deactivated an entire enemy horde with it?

I usually place Decoy somewhere mobs can't hit, preferably in some teammates cc ability, but didn't notice much difference in their AI.

They are usually disarmed by the time they get there anyways.

6 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I usually place Decoy somewhere mobs can't hit, preferably in some teammates cc ability, but didn't notice much difference in their AI.

They are usually disarmed by the time they get there anyways.

I use it in defense and spy missions.

Decoy has a higher threat level than the defense objectives (including mobile defenses). When doing arbitration defense putting the decoy in unreachable spots was exceptionally useful to get a bombard NOT to target the defense objective, specially if you are doing endurance runs.

Spy missions because you can switch teleport to it. Bypasses all lazers and enemy detection (enemies ignore decoys if they are in passive aggression state).

EDIT: I think they can be useful for Disruptions when you go hunting for the demolysts. They can be used as a quick return point to the conduit when you don't hear a demolysts to where you went looking for.

Edited by Aadi880

Of course ash. Absolute weak warframe

People who think that banshee is weak make a big mistake. She is the most OP warfarme at the moment. PVE - 2nd ability make 999999999999999999 dmg. 3rd in PVP silence the enemy warframes and nullify theirs abilities. Continue think thak she is weak because she will be never nerfed)

Edited by ---UMBRA---

As I said, the scaling damage only works in static missions. Avalanche armor strip + AoE damage is always there and fills the same purpose for the whole group. The DR is nice, but it is really not worth it unless you run really high missions. When would you ever actually need to shoot into or through Frost's bubble? It kinda makes your Limbo positioning odd aswell when you use such an argument on Frost since on Limbo you can neither shoot into or out of the area. And Limbo's area denial is pretty much all he has going for him.

Unless they changed this with an update i missed (I took a break from the game so i wouldn't be that surprised if a change went past me). Avalanche still cleanses enemies of status effects which is a bigger negative then the armor strip it provides.

The DR Gara provides is a lot more usable for mobile missions because you apply it to allies and get value, frost provides value to his teammates with a stationary shield. You can also set and forget Splinter Storm on defense objectives and move freely around the map because her survivability isn't tied to Mass Vitrify which would limit her mobility. I can't say the same for frost and his bubble.

Limbo Rift Torrent build is honestly super underrated, granted it only works if your team is alright with a limbo build that isn't just a negative range Cataclysm set and forget build. If i'm taking into account the treatment limbo gets in public squads i would move him into a lower tier.

28 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Unless they changed this with an update i missed (I took a break from the game so i wouldn't be that surprised if a change went past me).

Things to consider (you may or may not know these things):

• Shield Gating has been given to every frame (Mag has become extremely popular as a result).
  • Electricity has become the most powerful AoE effect. It can stack and deal DoT to everything within 3m. It can be reapplied while an enemy is still stunned. It scales like Toxin.
  • Corrosive has been rendered significantly less powerful (Viral and Heat have largely taken its place). It is no longer permanent and only strips up to 80% armor maximum (at 10 stacks).
  • Gas no longer procs Toxin and scales like Slash (scales only in base weapon damage, non-elemental damage mods and faction mods). Gas does not bypass shields. Gas AoE increases with more Gas stacks (up to 6m). Infested no longer have special resistance to Gas.
  • Slash no longer bypasses shields... and while it theoretically scales as poorly as Gas, it can be coupled with Viral to do high damage to health (while Gas cannot be easily coupled with Viral).
  • Viral no longer temporarily halves health. It stacks up to 10 times increasing damage (only to health) by up to 325% (I think 1st stack is 2x damage).
  • Magnetic is like Viral but only to Shields.
  • Shields now have an innate 25% DR.

Anyway, Volt and Mag are significantly more powerful now than before. And Hildryn now just has a longer shield gate than everyone else... not as special anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

Unless they changed this with an update i missed (I took a break from the game so i wouldn't be that surprised if a change went past me). Avalanche still cleanses enemies of status effects which is a bigger negative then the armor strip it provides.

It no longer interferes with status effects.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Never deactivated an entire enemy horde with it?

you know, when a warframe has to be used in such mechanical and tedious way, just to make work 1/2 abilities, while the rest are just useless(or easily surcalssed by other frames), it means there is a problem.

let's be honest, loki "stinks", you can clearly smell that old and stagnate "flavour" of the "old" warframe era.

look at the new warframes and/or the new reworks some old warframe have received, you can clearly see the difference.

• Like 2

On 2020-04-28 at 8:46 AM, Kaotyke said:

If its not META, its The Wrost.

Think about it the other way around. Meta's make the rest of the game boring and pointless because of no challenge and map clearing, never seeing an enemy even if your looking for them. I walk into a mission and see no enemies. Then I check the player frames and weapons. Oh right nukers and map clearer and 15m Bramma. Then I go afk till the rest go to extraction.  Lol meta's have broken the game.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 5

On 2020-04-28 at 9:10 AM, Amadurim said:

Hydroid, at least i can see Grendel, Nyx, Banshee, everything else have good things. Hydroid?

-Poor passive, not survivable either in hp, shield, armor, or cc

-With status changes his 1st ability can't strip 100% armor, and that even use an augment.

-2nd ability, Low damage, travel in a single, fixed line. 

-Undertow is pitiful, need time to rack up damage to unarmored enemies, augment outclassed by magus repair, and only good for afking

-4th ability, CC but limited targets, enemies are not stupid, flailing enemy around make it harder to kill. Only good thing is augment and farming mats from low level, even that still got outpicked by khora

On top of no good skins

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you haven't played Banshee since the shield gating patch, try her now.   Still squishy, but when I die with her now I feel like it's operator error rather than just part of playing Banshee.

She could sure use some changes.  She's far more dependent on her augments than any other frame I play, and I really don't use her 4 for anything except soloing Interceptions.  I think her 3 could use another effect, and I'd love for her to have a little more stealth utility.  But...she's still a top three funnest frames for me, and probably still the best in the game at making bad weapons great, and great weapons ridiculous.  I just can't see calling her the worst when she's got that going for her, and there's so many frames that need work and don't bring anything special to the table.

YMMV obviously.

Will do .
I also agree with the fact she's a fun frame to play and that sonar is just an amazing ability...but she does need some tweaks . Very much so . 
I was honestly quite conflicted by picking her as my worst one cause frames such as Zephyr or Nyx could seriously use a rework themselves...I love Banshee...but she needs to get some love herself from DE...and again , she ain't the only frame who does .

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Elyann:

Will do .
I also agree with the fact she's a fun frame to play and that sonar is just an amazing ability...but she does need some tweaks . Very much so . 
I was honestly quite conflicted by picking her as my worst one cause frames such as Zephyr or Nyx could seriously use a rework themselves...I love Banshee...but she needs to get some love herself from DE...and again , she ain't the only frame who does .

I don't play banshee, but doesn't she have the same problem like Ash/ loki? She works but she has a much higher potential.