Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

How is Nyx not mentioned more?

-Mind Control is garbage because enemies have always (and likely will always) do negligible damage to each other. It does have niche uses when controlling something like an Ancient Healer, but there's so many better ways to get those types of benefits.

-Psychic Bolts is really only useful for the armor strip, and it only strips a small amount of enemies at a time

-Chaos...it's really weird to think this used to be one of the best abilities in the game. Back when CC was king and Vauban was considered top tier, especially before Bastille was nerfed. But now it's just a relic of the past. It's essentially just a glorified wide range Radiation proc and while it does increase squad survivability since not every enemy is focused on the Tenno, it does absolutely nothing useful beyond that. Enemies will shoot each other, but we've already covered how that's meaningless, and if Tenno stray too close they can and will still target them so it doesn't completely disable them. With no other debuffs being applied, Chaos is just underwhelming.

-Absorb. Once again, it used to be considered a good ability before we had tile-wide nuke frames, but now it's just a small AoE with lackluster damage. There's also a teeny tiny weapon damage buff in there too, but it's negligible. Also, I would like to point out that Wukong's Defy does the exact same thing, except it's fully mobile WITHOUT an augment, multiplies the stored damage, unleashes it in a wider area, AND grants him a significant armor buff.

-Her passive...uhhh, what even is her passive? *Reads wiki* Oh, a 20% enemy accuracy debuff. Whoopity dip.

On top of all this, of course she's a squishy frame too. Used to the best of her ability at high levels, it basically boils down to casting Chaos with a wide-range build to not get melted, using Psychic Bolts to strip the armor/shields off a few enemies at a time and murder them with your overpowered weapon of choice, use Absorb as an 'Oh S#&$' button if Chaos isn't doing its job, and pretty much just ignore Mind Control.

Nyx needs a rework from the ground up. Chaos MIGHT be worth salvaging if it receives a significant buff, but everything else needs to go.

Hard question, they all do missions in the same way since that's dependant on the player, even a warframe without abilities can vastly outperform other warframes.

If you want to squeeze out the most from a mission and you aren't just focusing on CC and other gimmincs to complete a mission, then i would say nyx, zephyr, limbo and loki, mainly because they lack the killing power and so they have to rely on weapons to get the core of the rewards that come from enemies, while other warframes, while more risky to use, can use abilities and weapons, so in the hands of the same player, doing 2 things will be better than doing just 1

That doesn't mean i don't use loki for example, it's just i have to keep him for niche things, i can't abuse the usage of such a warframe because that leads to an inevitable gamestyle that the vast majority of players practice and that is to do a mission to receive the mission reward only.

Limbo also has that tendency, because you end up being prone to just waiting for things to end which is very inefficient, yes a great player will kill things while the CC is there, but again, you have to rely on your weapons to do that, so killing is still the best for profitability and has the drawback of being more difficult as enemy level increases.

So if you push the killing too high, you'll realize that you almost or never need CC and so, you'll kill more enemies more often, get more exp, more sindicate standing, more focus, more mods and other tradable good, cuting down overall grind and making the game way more appealing.

• Like 1

Depend on what playstyle you like. By my point of view Inaros, because his abilities not so incredible and while it can be fun, it just does almost the same. The sandstorm ability would be interesting but it eats a lot of energy the scarab swarms not scaling well and his first two ability basically the same. He is a meat tank but otherwise he is not that great. 

My second thought is Valkyr because she is limited to close range and 3 of her abilities while could be useful, not that great and her ultimate is not scales well.

Third choice is Chroma but I do not have him yet so my opinion on it is purely limited on the wiki and from other peoples playstyles. He have a first ability which tweaked a lot from the start but overall weak. He have the Vex armor and the elemental ward which are useful abilities but pretty boring. His ultimate ability eats a lot energy and stationary which means he is mostly excelling at defense target missions. It could be nice if he could change his color be more adaptable to the challenges and if he can have 2 ability fixes. Also would like to see a pelt and unpelt form for fashion frame. 

Many mentionned Nyx but Nyx's only problem is the game meta changed from pure cc to pure damage and if the enemy is dead then it cannot attack. This fact makes her a little bit outdated and underrated but she can still perform as intended. She got armor buff and shieldgating which helps her and not that squishy what was back in early times. Her mind control can be useful if she can get a strong opponent and use as a meatshield or send to the front and work behind. It can see some tweaks even could control multiple targets up to 5 for say.

Her bolts are useful partly but I liked when it did damage too. It would be nice if this ability could be buffed a bit or replaced with some kind of telekinetic ability. Chaos is useful if you want reduce the fire on you but it would be nice if it can get some tweaks and the affected enemies could not hit you so ultimately you can just walk among them then they shooting down each other. This may sounds a bit op because it could mean press 3 meta but in exchange it could be shorter duration.

Her absorb could see a full rework or replaced with a more active playstyle ability which let Nyx move and control the environment without beign struck. Otherwise it works also as it is now but she needs an augment to even mod and guess not many willing to sacrifice a mod slot.

Worst Warframe? That's Saryn and Mesa for sure. They are powerful, too powerful, so they can easily annihilate any and all enemies in their wide vicinity, taking away the fun from the rest of their team. A Frame that does this - takes away the joy of playing with others by being too effective - that's the worst Warframe in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
  • Like 5

Valkyr and Garuda, they feel unbalanced in the current game and don't mesh that well in squads.

Garuda has some useful abilities but her talon should be an exalted weapons and her ability to pin her enemies is a great pain in defence when you are waiting for the squad mate's ability to run out to be able to finish the wave

There are a lot of Frames with Problems in this Meta

Mag, Nyx, Mirage, Ember, Hydroid, Banshee and Valkyr all struggle to find their niche right now

Zephyr had the misfortune to get a rework after PoE was released, that has crippled her in every other enviroment

But to be honest i think the worst off is one of the most played frames:  Inaros

For most players hes just a sack of health. Hell, most of them dont even know what his abilitys actually do

No crap, some players thought i was crazy when i told them he can throw scarabs at people that stun and eat them

Edited by Cyloss

A post from 28 April? Not even gonna read the other posts...

The only and final answer is the worst frame in the game is Limbo...cuz...Limbo. Simply remove it from the game and we have a winning solution.

(I joke...I am just joking...remove Limbo and Limbo Prime...)

14 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

A post from 28 April? Not even gonna read the other posts...

The only and final answer is the worst frame in the game is Limbo...cuz...Limbo. Simply remove it from the game and we have a winning solution.

(I joke...I am just joking...remove Limbo and Limbo Prime...)

Or just add this as an alternative hat for Limbo:

340?cb=20171026163818

5 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

Vauban also nothing but CC, however, Vortex is amazing.

Uhm have you not played revamped Vauban?

He has quite massive AoE and single target potential with flechette and orbital strike. Vortex+Orbital is an insane combo on its own, add in a bunch of flechette orbs and nothing lives.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

He has quite massive AoE and single target potential with flechette and orbital strike. Vortex+Orbital is an insane combo on its own, add in a bunch of flechette orbs and nothing lives.

Vauban actually surprised me. Recently I've been playing frames I had previously ignored and running solo endurance with them. Ended up taking Vauban 6h30m solo Mot survival. Up to about lvl 4k his Flechette Orb was still killing enemies. This was after they had armor stripped by Bastille, were in vortex, and I proc 10x stacks of viral on them. Even still, it was a nice opportunity to relax for a minute when I wasn't dealing with nullifiers. Or I could leave some bad guys in my trap while go activate life support. 

I thought he was trash until I gave him an honest try. Not the most fun frame to play and the sounds his abilities make are a bit much, but overall he is really good at what he does.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I wasn't electing him as a bad frame, was comparing Nyx to him in terms of CC.

In terms of "why would I", I used Vauban even before the rework. Whether or not you use orbital strike or flechette, it doesn't matter. An Amprex +  Vortex destroys anything. Vortex was always amazing and made Vauban worthwhile in a defense.

In terms of a CC, I'd pick Vortex out of any other ability.

My point was that Nyx lacks anything redeeming like Vauban does. (and always had)

15 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Vauban actually surprised me. Recently I've been playing frames I had previously ignored and running solo endurance with them. Ended up taking Vauban 6h30m solo Mot survival. Up to about lvl 4k his Flechette Orb was still killing enemies. This was after they had armor stripped by Bastille, were in vortex, and I proc 10x stacks of viral on them. Even still, it was a nice opportunity to relax for a minute when I wasn't dealing with nullifiers. Or I could leave some bad guys in my trap while go activate life support. 

I thought he was trash until I gave him an honest try. Not the most fun frame to play and the sounds his abilities make are a bit much, but overall he is really good at what he does.

Heh yeah, the sound from his abilities get annoying and he may not have the most fun gameplay but he is indeed strong. He's also one of those strong AoE capable frames that show you that LoS restrictions work well and not everything needs to be Saryn, Enox, Volt or Frost.

14 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

I wasn't electing him as a bad frame, was comparing Nyx to him in terms of CC.

In terms of "why would I", I used Vauban even before the rework. Whether or not you use orbital strike or flechette, it doesn't matter. An Amprex +  Vortex destroys anything. Vortex was always amazing and made Vauban worthwhile in a defense.

In terms of a CC, I'd pick Vortex out of any other ability.

My point was that Nyx lacks anything redeeming like Vauban does. (and always had)

You just had me confused when you said he had nothing but CC.

On 2020-06-04 at 12:40 AM, spirit_of_76 said:

she is faster than arch wing and Titania has maneuverability on her not speed zeph is fast and that is about it.  

Titania was way faster than Zephyr last time I checked with the use of [Razorwing Blitz] and she's not much much faster than Archwing but was in fact  much slower back in the Itzal blink days.

21 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not to mention that Tesla is now more than just a meme.

I actually LIKE THE LITTLE ROLLING BUGGERS, and I was a guy who thought that Tesla before the changes was the single worst ability in Warframe.

If DE managed to make even ME like Tesla you know they nailed it.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-06 at 11:11 AM, KIREEK said:

Hard question, they all do missions in the same way since that's dependant on the player, even a warframe without abilities can vastly outperform other warframes.

If you want to squeeze out the most from a mission and you aren't just focusing on CC and other gimmincs to complete a mission, then i would say nyx, zephyr, limbo and loki, mainly because they lack the killing power and so they have to rely on weapons to get the core of the rewards that come from enemies, while other warframes, while more risky to use, can use abilities and weapons, so in the hands of the same player, doing 2 things will be better than doing just 1

That doesn't mean i don't use loki for example, it's just i have to keep him for niche things, i can't abuse the usage of such a warframe because that leads to an inevitable gamestyle that the vast majority of players practice and that is to do a mission to receive the mission reward only.

Limbo also has that tendency, because you end up being prone to just waiting for things to end which is very inefficient, yes a great player will kill things while the CC is there, but again, you have to rely on your weapons to do that, so killing is still the best for profitability and has the drawback of being more difficult as enemy level increases.

So if you push the killing too high, you'll realize that you almost or never need CC and so, you'll kill more enemies more often, get more exp, more sindicate standing, more focus, more mods and other tradable good, cuting down overall grind and making the game way more appealing.

Loki can be absolutely devastating if built for duration/invisibility and speed/mobility.

Weapons are Warframe’s true killer now (a factor of 10 to 1 vs frames when it comes to generating money) so frames support weapon use in Warframe 2020.

Base Speed is Extraordinarily underrated and shield gating now gives him one-hit survivability he didn’t have.

You can have Loki Prime pushing non-frame-powered speeds close to Volt Prime and Gauss when using abilities.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Loki can be absolutely devastating if built for duration/invisibility and speed/mobility.

Weapons are Warframe’s true killer now (a factor of 10 to 1 vs frames when it comes to generating money) so frames support weapon use in Warframe 2020.

Base Speed is Extraordinarily underrated and shield gating now gives him one-hit survivability he didn’t have.

You can have Loki Prime pushing non-frame-powered speeds close to Volt Prime and Gauss when using abilities.

I was mainly talking about killing, because that's the core of the rewards and players that combine killing methods will always beat warframes that rely on a single killing method

No matter what you do, you can't kill 1800 enemies in a 5 min survival with loki, you can be really good and reach a maximum potential to squeeze the most out of loki, but without the killing power, he will always fall behind and yes, other warframes can reach this.

Given warframe grindy nature, warframes that cut down the grind by several times and make you gain more mods (aka platinum potential) will always be to me, more usefull for players

Keep in mind that i'm not comparing players, i'm assuming the same player, with the same mentality (towards effort and actually getting things done) will feel a vast difference in rewards received by changing warframes.

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

I was mainly talking about killing, because that's the core of the rewards and players that combine killing methods will always beat warframes that rely on a single killing method

No matter what you do, you can't kill 1800 enemies in a 5 min survival with loki, you can be really good and reach a maximum potential to squeeze the most out of loki, but without the killing power, he will always fall behind and yes, other warframes can reach this.

Given warframe grindy nature, warframes that cut down the grind by several times and make you gain more mods (aka platinum potential) will always be to me, more usefull for players

Keep in mind that i'm not comparing players, i'm assuming the same player, with the same mentality (towards effort and actually getting things done) will feel a vast difference in rewards received by changing warframes.

It all depends what you want out of your survival run. Loki allows for easy camping with good life support management since things will come running for him at full speed with no hick ups to try and get some shots off at you. So you can just pick a spot and never worry about LoS to make them come to you. Only the outliers will impact the killing in a noticable way due to AoE, but also spread out the life support over an area of 50m+.