Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the most forgotten weapons and how would you improve them?

Zahnrad

Out of all the weapons in Warframe it's obvious there will always be those that outshine others, and that's fine. Some less powerful weapons can gain cult followings or recieve usage through Rivens. But what are some of the weapons you just don't hear about, not even from channels that make niche or viable builds out of the most weak or memeable weapons.

Bronco, Akbronco, Bronco Prime and Akbronco Prime.

Time has really not given these weapons much love. I know of some weapon sets having 3 different variants that are all mastery fodder, but correct me if I'm wrong. the Bronco family might be the only set of weapons with the title of having 4 mastery fodders under its name. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I ever saw one of these in action.

I want to recommend an augment, but given how low they have fallen, I think a buff and unique feature to the guns would be for the better. I checked all 4 wiki pages and found in the Trivia section for "Akbronco" it says the following

"In closed beta, this weapon used to deal 204 damage and there was a glitch with reloading for an infinite magazine."

"there was a glitch with reloading for an infinite magazine."

This part interests me, I think for a unique gimmick, instead of having to reload these, you simply fire from your Ammo reserves instead of having magazines.

• Like 2

Veldt, Argonak. Both have such nice reload and firing SFX yet their damage is just mediocre at best, so a buff in their base damage, cc, cd and sc could help them rise from oblivion. Alternately, a Prime/Wraith variant with better stats would be nice too.

• Like 3

You could compare the riven disposition of all weapons to deduce which ones aren't used that much.
Amphis, Kraken, Magnus, Flux Rifle, Harpak seem to have the highest disposition.

As for my personal opinion based on what I saw in game... A huge chunk are forgotten. Most players just run meta builds with weapons that are safe choices.
I do love Augment mods for weapons. It made me re-discover alot of weapons, Syndicates have some of these and Kela de Thaym give a bunch of others. Acid Shells is one of my favorite to play with against Infested, you mod around damage against this faction to work properly. And when it does, it's majestic.

I would definitely try any new Augment mod that would come out. Even for crapton weapons like Aklato.

Edited by STUVash

33 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Bronco, Akbronco, Bronco Prime and Akbronco Prime.

Time has really not given these weapons much love. I know of some weapon sets having 3 different variants that are all mastery fodder, but correct me if I'm wrong. the Bronco family might be the only set of weapons with the title of having 4 mastery fodders under its name.

24 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Ballistica variants might be a close second to Bronco variants in terms of relative uselessness, unless they got buffed since the last time i checked.

Latron series ain't doing so hot either.   Can't wait for an Ak-Latron so it can pull even the Bronco family. 😛

Anybody use any of the Boltos?  I don't know these weapons well, but I can't recall ever seeing  any of them past early star chart.

15 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Veldt, Argonak. Both have such nice reload and firing SFX yet their damage is just mediocre at best, so a buff in their base damage, cc, cd and sc could help them rise from oblivion. Alternately, a Prime/Wraith variant with better stats would be nice too.

I'm tempted to create a dozen burner accounts for the express purpose of upvoting you more than once. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Latron series ain't doing so hot either.   Can't wait for an Ak-Latron so it can pull even the Bronco family. 😛

Anybody use any of the Boltos?  I don't know these weapons well, but I can't recall ever seeing  any of them past early star chart.

Telos Boltor is good, Akbolto Prime is good, regular bolto was never good so yeah, forgotten.

Out of curiosity, do ideas of what a buff is for these weapons come in the form of bigger numbers? 🤔 Higher crit, higher base damage, etc.

Regarding the topic, I’m not sure where the Argonak sits (I don’t pay attention to build guides). I don’t see many talking about it aside from the nice sounds. Personally I would like the enemy highlight to work at longer range, the semi-auto to be more accurate, and when in full-auto mode it’d be nice if the FOV decrease when ADSing was less severe. Maybe even non-existant. Would underline the differences between the semi-auto and full-auto better, I think

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Warfans, remember that? There's only one ._.

And that one is so horrible, it puts scythes to shame when it comes to clunkyness, stance immobility and lack of range.

48 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Veldt, Argonak. Both have such nice reload and firing SFX yet their damage is just mediocre at best, so a buff in their base damage, cc, cd and sc could help them rise from oblivion.

Interesting you should list them, as I'm putting my third forma on the Argonak. I recently got a riven for it, and while it doesn't perform as well as the Veldt, it's getting there. And I'm going by the 16 shots or less to kill one of those simulacrum corrupted heavy gunners or bombards at level 165. 

It's true that those guns could do better though. Sybaris Prime puts the bar pretty high. (I'm a sucker for semi-auto/burst fire or even select fire weapons)

I'm hoping for a convectrix upgrade. The phage with the right riven is INSANE. multishot of 24, crit chance of 40, do viral and corrosive, slap on hunter munitions, aim in to cross the beams, and wipe out all of reality!

I would really like some love for the Kestrel. That weapon got me through the star chart, my first sorties, killed my first sentients (before spoiler mode and before I had crafted an infinite supply of pizza) 

Most projectile based weapons. Sonicor, Javlok, Kunai, Hikou, Zakti, Pox.. Problem here is time to kill. Unless playing solo, most players will just kuva brama or melee sweep through a room before your first projectile hits. 

Almost all fully automatic rifles.. Poor Braton Prime.. I could see a condition overload mod or a crit increasing mod the more status effects are on a target. Or the more hits are put on a single target. 

I would have said something about nunchucks, sparring and fist weapons needing some love.. But it's their range that make them so rare to see. Terrible shame, cause at least the fists can get pretty close to absurd in their damage output. (only know that because of some rivens I was awarded and I tried out) 

Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons I use, I can only use them because they have rivens. Also, sorry I didn't mean to brag. I'm just tired and easily excited because I love picking up those less used weapons.

The weapons that really need a look at, are the sentinel weapons. Sweeper Prime, Deconstructor Prime and maybe the Cryotra (doesn't matter if that beam does less than 100 damage, if it has 170% status chance) are okay? 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

My most forgotten weapon? The Zhuge Prime, which is sad because I loved the Zhuge. 

How would I fix it? I'd change the needlessly baked in explosive arrow mechanic to an altfire toggle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

My most forgotten weapon? The Zhuge Prime, which is sad because I loved the Zhuge. 

How would I fix it? I'd change the needlessly baked in explosive arrow mechanic to an altfire toggle. 

How is that forgotten? A fairly recent Prime access weapon? I think you've misunderstood, because despite you maybe disliking the explosive mechanic, it's not a bad weapon. 

3 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

How is that forgotten? A fairly recent Prime access weapon? I think you've misunderstood, because despite you maybe disliking the explosive mechanic, it's not a bad weapon. 

It's almost like the Zhuge wasn't a terribly popular weapon that I happened to love that finally got a prime with a forced mechanic that hecced it up, that could actually be fixed to be an awesome weapon. 

Stug.

But Stug is actually remembered because even though it's neglected and really bad, it's especially remembered because it's so bad! It's like the Plan 9 from Outer Space of weapons!

What else? I don't know... Akjagara? Twin Roga? Sicarus? Magnus? Cycron? I mean... who uses this stuff (actually I use Akjagara Prime for armor stripping)? Only Kitguns exist... all the rest is forgettable. Though I've seen Pyrana Prime, Atomos and Staticor whenever someone isn't using a Kitgun (but really, most of the time they seem to be using a Kitgun).

EDIT: P.S. My one Kitgun made for Scarlet Spear's Aerolysts is named Kitguns are Lame just so you know how I feel about Kitguns and modular weapons in general.

Oh... how to improve these weapons. Uhh, well if we want them to be popular... Give them at least 30% crit, 3x crit damage and 10-15m radial explosion damage. Also add a 0 to their base damage.

By the way, they're forgotten and not used because even though they're actually all interesting, they're not considered "meta." So improving on their concept won't help them be popular or amazing (for "meta") in any way. But I still like and use some of those guns I listed!

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

*COUGH*
Every infested weapon because they don't have variants..... and the Embolist has been out since U7.....Giving them variants/progression would be a superb step

But also the Gunsen as they currently work like Dual Swords/Daggers instead of a unique weapon, give Slicing Feathers a dual glaive/chakram style animation set and they would be unreal.

*/COUGH*

Edited by Synpai
  • Like 1

my choice would be Euphona Prime, it used to be extremely powerful in retrospect, but power creep make the primary fire with insane range fall back not worth the obsolete damage number, and status change make any riven that give 100% status chance not worth it anymore. I haven't seen a weapon fall that hard since soma p.

and also, soma prime

5 hours ago, Synpai said:

*COUGH*
Every infested weapon because they don't have variants..... and the Embolist has been out since U7.....Giving them variants/progression would be a superb step

But also the Gunsen as they currently work like Dual Swords/Daggers instead of a unique weapon, give Slicing Feathers a dual glaive/chakram style animation set and they would be unreal.

*/COUGH*

This, infested really need variants to their weapons

Simulor got forgotten but now it is imho up again.

Tetra serie sucks, easy fix: remove it from the game to reduce the weight of the assets, at this points it is large-scale pollution

Paracyst sucks as well but imho this weapon is fixeable and has a nice concept. It is Salad V signature weapon btw. I'd start by upping its base damage and crit chance and work around the alt fire, i'd like for it to be augmented to be used as a mass cc, kind of like Nidus 2 on a stick.

Regular Dera still is imho the worst weapon in the game, Dera vandal however is useable since status rework, it is decent for its no future weapon type at least.

Edited by Galuf

8 hours ago, Diavoros said:

I agree with both of these weapons. It'd be great to see Veldt Prime and a Kuva Argonak. I absolutely adore the Argonak's sound and feel. Unfortunately, it just has too low base damage to effective. I even unveiled a riven for it with great stats and it still struggled mightily at higher levels.

Also, Amalgam Argonak Metal Auger might be one of the poorer Amalgam mods in the pool. Having enemies become visible while zooming is nice but I cannot justify putting on a mod that only adds only punch thru. This mod would be much better if it added some damage, since that's what this weapon is sorely lacking.

As for the Veldt, I've had my fingers crossed for a while now that we would get a primed version. Sadly, I'll likely be keeping those crossed for quite a while longer. Maybe a Prisma variant?

• Like 1