Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE wants a Zero Tolerance policy and that's going to destroy this game

3 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

There's a whole history to that whole meme that lead DE to literally hardcode an instant 7 days ban into kickbot for this one. I don't think I'm allowed to bring back the whole story behind it, but consider that the word "trap" is often considered as a slur to designate male to female transpeople. I'm afraid it's all I can say. If it's a slur, it probably needs to not be said to begin with.

It still sucks to see people tricking new players into saying these two words together though.

With all respect and I dont want to turn this into a debate that locks the treadth but term "trap" stems from anime then a boy or a girl looks the opposite and its used as joke / trope in shows .

Majority of annime community disagrees that that term refers to trangender people or its a slur .

• Like 4

i swear that DE has the most awesome devs and concept art designers but the worst social skills

the whole chat drama with their "interesting" moderators

the partners program with their toxic unremovable ( because buddies ) members

and now this....

i dont think the community and especially the ingame chat is a big problem for this game, so why go to the extreme

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Stay off region chat, never talk about anything NOT related to Warframe in Alliance Chat, and barely chat with friends or clan mates.

Just Shoot and Loot and kill pixels and then shoot and loot some more.

There really is no alternative.

Only a culture of FEAR will work, the fear of loss.

Getting caught in the crosshairs is a very real possibility.

FEAR...so mission accomplished for DE.

Whether it helps or hurts, we shall see.

I thought clan and alliance chat was free from moderation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Is this a pressing issue right now when the game is half way dead?

Whats there to moderate when most people barely log in?

Pff.

Oh I was about to say that. 

We are on a time where the users are on a slow season of content. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What’s an alternative? 🤔 

There is none, we have no say in this at all, it will become either the thing people think it it will, or it won't, if this "kills the game" then so be it, All good things, come to end. I'm afraid 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details & Fixed Errors
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Stay off region chat, never talk about anything NOT related to Warframe in Alliance Chat, and barely chat with friends or clan mates.

Probably this will only apply to public chats. Clan/alliance chats are self moderated, so you can argue about touchy subjects there to your heart’s content.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Probably this will only apply to public chats. Clan/alliance chats are self moderated, so you can argue about touchy subjects there to your heart’s content.

One can hope, but what about the team chat? (forgot it's actual name lol) 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

That sounds extreme. I honestly don't think the goal is to make the community shiver in fear just to make them not use the in game chat ever again.

Once again, wait and see. There's a lot of reasons to worry about that news, there's a lot of reasons why a no tolerance policy could go wrong, but without more info we can't really say if what DE is about to release is unfair or not.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

With all respect and I dont want to turn this into a debate that locks the treadth but term "trap" stems from anime then a boy or a girl looks the opposite and its used as joke / trope in shows .

Majority of annime community disagrees that that term refers to trangender people or its a slur .

It has existed before then and in various other forms of media.

Anime is not the sole origination of the term, cannot take credit for it's origination and be the sole definition of the term.

• Like 7

I'm against auto-bans by a bot.  I think a bot should only flag chat messages for review.  There should be some accountability in the review process.  Perhaps have a two stage review process where a person reviews the section flagged by a Bot and gives their recommendation with a line of reasoning for their decision.  That is passed to a supervisor for review and a decision made on its execution.  We don't want a situation where a lazy moderator just auto bans anything that is flagged without any sort of accountability.  Also, the documentation showing the violations along with the line of reasoning and any decision made should be immediately available to the person who was banned. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ch0b1ts said:

I'm against auto-bans by a bot.  I think a bot should only flag chat messages for review.  There should be some accountability in the review process.  Perhaps have a two stage review process where a person reviews the section flagged by a Bot and gives their recommendation with a line of reasoning for their decision.  That is passed to a supervisor for review and a decision made on its execution.  We don't want a situation where a lazy moderator just auto bans anything that is flagged without any sort of accountability.  Also, the documentation showing the violations along with the line of reasoning and any decision made should be immediately available to the person who was banned. 

that's a bit unreasonable to expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ch0b1ts said:

Of course, that new zero tolerance policy means that using chatbots might get more dangerous since chatbots are, obviously, not able to pinpoint context.

Perhaps DE will adress that issue ?

8 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

That sounds extreme. I honestly don't think the goal is to make the community shiver in fear just to make them not use the in game chat ever again.

but it does work in that way

Since during the previous chat drama with the amazing moderators, i stop using regional chat completely

• Like 4

Sigh. A zero tolerance policy isn’t a bad thing and imo is very fair for most if not all situations. Yes context matters I am well aware. But in fairness everyone should receive the same punishment in. A situation if the rules are clearly stated and broken. The all lives matter example is Ill advised because unless you’ve been living under a rock you know how people interpret it and i personally find it ignorant to say such given nobody is saying all lives don’t matter. People are just focusing on the equality of a specific group so all lives can truly matter. But I digress 

• Like 5

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

A person, no, a bot more then likely?, it's easy to install a bot into a chat that opens up each time (I assume anyway..)

Not exactly. Party chat is an entirely separate function the system resources needed for every single temporary chat channel would be incredibly draining on the network and for the host player. They will keep at player reports for those types of channels. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ch0b1ts said:

I can't speak to other countries' laws and constitutions but in the United States, they are considered free speech. However, free speech does not mean free from consequences.  While the constitution prohibits the government from infringing on your free speech rights, it doesn't protect you from an employer firing you or a customer from not doing business with you.

It depends how much the ICCPR covers inside america. It is a human rights bill that is there to uphold civil rights, so not serving someone or hiring someone based on race may very well be an international crime. And online the constitution means nothing unless it is guaranteed the platform being used is domestic only, otherwise the ICCPR will step in since it is international. There is alot of quirkyness around it all when it comes to the US since they made demands of alterations to the bill and how it effects them before signing it back in 96(?).

Do you know why DE deal with 'political correctness'? 

Why such thing exist? 

DE is in a middle of a conundrum that is completely contextual. They want clients to consume but if they offend themselves DE looses. The other issue with Nezha is that such name comes from a Chinese divinity. Of course, a Chinese company owns DE. Do the sum. 

There are rules that differ from developer to developer. If we evaluate DE, DE is the best developer that deals with a lot of harsh situations. I think they had enough. They have to narrow the window of opportunity against toxicity. Otherwise toxicity will be counterproductive to the bank account of Leyou and DE. 

Simple. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What weren't you allowed to say?  

heh, i hope thats bait, if not, then you would have to search yourself

but it wasnt about what we weren't allowed to say, i never got into that

it was the idea that a group of "interesting" people had the power to do however they saw fit

its terrible to know that theres something like this in a game that you enjoy

same thing with the partner system, i would never watch wf streams from partners knowing that person is the image of something i love

• Like 1