The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xiphos drop rates parts are ridiculously low.

Muxailo

0,5% chance to drop is ridiculously low, 3/3 sabotage caches only reward also (which no one do in pub missions usually).
Quote from wikia: "Expected missions complete for 1 part - 200 times", "nearly guaranteed - 1378 ± 459 times".
Can drop chance increased up to 2-5% at least?

Edited by Muxailo

With new Corpus rework, I just do Ishtar, Venus for that last Xiphos part. I get to really enjoy the Corpus rework doing that while also getting Granum Crowns and Polymer Bundles.

For the first two parts:

Marduk Void (I think it's 1%?)

Lua Exterminate (I think it's 1.29%)

But yeah... last part is 0.5% from Tier 1 sabotage caches.

On 2020-06-13 at 6:36 PM, TylerFreeman said:

...Did you do the quest?

On 2020-06-13 at 6:37 PM, hungryghost84 said:

dude, just do the quest and you will get all its parts in ONE MISSION

I think you guys should learn to slow down a bit before jumping to click the reply button almost as an instinctive/automatic impulse to prove the OP wrong.

On topic: The only other landing craft I have is the Mantis. 3 years in and no parts for Xiphos or Scimitar, but at least I'll get the Nightwave this Sunday with the refresh.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

On 2020-06-13 at 5:36 PM, TylerFreeman said:

...Did you do the quest?

On 2020-06-13 at 5:37 PM, hungryghost84 said:

dude, just do the quest and you will get all its parts in ONE MISSION

my sides went to the void with this

• Like 5

Eh, it's always been extremly low.

While it's not perfect, i personally think its fine.

Some people like farming for stupid things.

And any person that values their time, knows that farming the 150p to buy it from the market is a much faster option.

I've been trying to get a single scan of a Reinforced Grineer Container while grinding Xiphos parts as a side thing. After about 6 months the fuelsage dropped. Still no luck with those containers though.

I'm now after the last part on Void - Marduk, where I could also find one last Reinforced Orokin Container for codex completition. I could always just buy the ship but would still have to play those missions for the container scans anyway.

DE have a bad habit of including a crazy grind in every major update to keep the veterans playing, but then forget to tweak the numbers once they release the next one. This has led to a growing pile of forgotten things that really need a cleanup. Remember the Tenebrous Ephemera from Railjack? Blazing Step from ESO? War parts from Lua? Those recent changes we got are a step in the right direction. I just hope they don't stop here and remember about Xiphos, Hema and some other items.

32 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I think you guys should learn to slow down a bit before jumping to click the reply button almost as an instinctive/automatic impulse to prove the OP wrong.

On topic: The only other landing craft I have is the Mantis. 3 years in and no parts for Xiphos or Scimitar, but at least I'll get the Nightwave this Sunday with the refresh.

It's a grind too far for me. MR25 and I'm going to grind caches for weeks just for a ship. Big old meh! 

• Like 1

I farmed it. Just to see if I could. Six runs a day at Terminus at Mercury, Thon at Ceres, and Stribog and Marduk in the Void. They're the nodes with tilesets where I could reliably get 3 caches.

I don't recommend it. Not worth the effort.

Edited by KnossosTNC

23 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I farmed it. Just to see if I could. Six runs a day at Terminus at Mercury, Thon at Ceres, and Stribog and Marduk in the Void. They're the nodes with tilesets where I could reliably get 3 caches.

I don't recommend it. Not worth the effort.

A pity because it is, in my opinon, probably one of the better-looking ships in the game. At the very least, one of the most unique. And I just watched a showcase and it sounds so god damn cool.

But yeah, nothing's worth that grind.

The saddest thing is that while the Xiphos has a really cool skin, it's ability doesn't scale. 

In fact, the landing crafts are in a truly bizarre place balance-wise. 

The most useful landing craft of all is the default, free one. The Liset. The Security Override has by far the most utility, scales infinitely, as it doesn't even do damage lol, and even has use (if restricted) in sortie. 

Then, the new Nightwave landing craft literally opens enemies to finishers and keeps them cc'd. 

And it's now the second easiest landing craft to get in the game, and arguably the best/second best ability (depending on whether you want spy/rescue/lockdown utility or cc with finishers). 

Then the next easiest to get is the Mantis, which has a really bad heal, but at least you could plop it down on a defense to occasionally help out some low level allies or something? Idk... still pretty bad the way it currently works, would be better as maybe a heal pulse that follows you and allies around for a duration, or at least pulses out larger and better amounts in a duration over an area. But I would still say it's the third easiest to get, and yet it's the third best ability. 

Then the Scimitar and Xiphos are so absurdly hard to farm that almost no one in their right mind would actually go through all of it, except maybe just to prove they can, and would find it way more effective to farm pretty much anything else in order to sell some stuff and buy them with platinum. Both are about equally terribly horrendously nightmarish to try to farm. 

And yet they are by far the two WORST landing crafts, as both of their abilities are essentially flat damage that doesn't scale.

It's just really silly is all. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

to be honest with you, you might be able to profit several Ks plats with the time used to farm Xiphos, instead of buying it directly from the market. 

I mean, expected from 200 times rank3 sabotage/exterminate missions? For 3 times? Hell, it's 10 times more tedious than farming khora, harrow and equinox combined.