Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When would you say this game peaked?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Have you? Has anyone?

Yes as a human the goal is to learn from past mistakes. And to not make them in the future. 

And yes a lot of people do.

28 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Yes, DE is an imperfect company and while they have learned and evolved in many ways, many of their habits are the same.

And just because something DE does isn't perfect it does not mean that they haven't made an improvement. The amount of complaints about grind and RNG where the OP says "this is the worst" or "DE is killing the game" or my personal most hated "this all started when DE was bought by China" when modern grinds are miles better than old grinds is tiring. Quick history, originally Frost Prime parts had a sub 1% drop chance and the Gradivus Dilemma event was "do this alert 100 times". DE has moved forward but that doesn't mean they have perfected everything. As I said in my post, Warframe is the best it ever has been.

I don’t expect perfection at all. I expect them to polish the game. And with. It’s still existing from 2013 issues still existing from then on. Content still unfinished ie Poe fortuna and more it’s disappointing To say the least. I don’t expect them to be perfect and nobody is perfect. But as someone who loves the company and the game and is a consumer of the product I do expect them again to complete the projects that they are working on balance the game and many other trivial tasks that game devs are responsible forn

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MetalGrayFox said:

I think the game peaked at Plains of Eidolons. Prior to this most of the updates were not as negatively received as far as I could tell. Following this, we have The Sacrifice, sadly a meh update after all the hype. A one-off frame and a little sprinkle of lore / plot was not enough imo.

Then we had Fortuna aka Plains 2.0 but it lacked character or repeat play mechanics. Eidolons still served more purpose than the profit taker, still do to this day really. Essentially Orb Vallis was another place to max rep and forget.

Following this we had the Jovian update, actually a good update! Disruption is still a good fun mode.

Update 26 had potential to be okay imo, but poorly received due to not well thought out RNG systems. Liches were good in concept but the RNG on launch was ridiculous (after tweaks a few months later they were a lot better as the layers of RNG is what made this update feel bad to play repeatedly).

Do we even talk about update 27 in a good way? Probably worst launch of any update. Railjack is an interesting mode but it lacks continuity with the rest of the game to date, a content island in space is still a content island. Also a lot of RNG here (wreckage random stats) and bugs really made this launch a failure imo. At least we had a buggy event in March to feel better about our Railjack grind ey!

2020 so far has felt like the year of nerfs, Limbo was changed for one event, Vazarin and healing targets were also changed. A recent bow-weapon nerf (probs gonna get another one tbh) for a wep which almost any player in the game can obtain. It feels like no testing is done on this sort of stuff before release, updates lack polish and that is a big deal when you only get 2-3 per year.

Rivens are still a terrible system, the recent decisions made for dispositions do nothing to solve it's inherent issues (RIP big trades).

Damage types are still not a balanced / fair choice despite having a whole overhaul in 2020 - 'would you like some viral with that slash sir?'

Not to mention a battle-pass like system which lasted half a year where you could get the unique rewards after a few weeks of it being out 😕

In summary, it seems as time has gone on, the RNG in the updates increased, or they lack polish, or both. This is probably why they are not as well received as they used to be. Instead of having interesting game mechanics, for the most part the player is just tasked with doing mundane repeat events for either standing, or silly RNG chances of getting something inconsequential. For some, once that is obtained, they can drop the mode as their inner completionist is satiated. For others, the grief of doing something 1 too many times for a part is enough to get them to drop the game for another few months again.

Why I have no hope nor interest when it comes to both Divuri Paradox and whatever they have planned for The New War updates. Wholly expecting syndicates and reputation grinds out the wazoo for both.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Yes as a human the goal is to learn from past mistakes. And to not make them in the future. 

And yes a lot of people do.

I don’t expect perfection at all. I expect them to polish the game. And with. It’s still existing from 2013 issues still existing from then on. Content still unfinished ie Poe fortuna and more it’s disappointing To say the least. I don’t expect them to be perfect and nobody is perfect. But as someone who loves the company and the game and is a consumer of the product I do expect them again to complete the projects that they are working on balance the game and many other trivial tasks that game devs are responsible forn

Reasonable expectations. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Reasonable expectations. 

People assume I want them to be perfect. No. I want them to put more effort in and manage projects accordlinn. I’d like content that is fully fleshed out on release not rj with one mission only available or Poe or fortuna to which they still haven’t finished. Yet they are bringing in another open world soon. It’s sad to see the game all over the place and have no clear direction 

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

People assume I want them to be perfect. No. I want them to put more effort in and manage projects accordlinn. I’d like content that is fully fleshed out on release not rj with one mission only available or Poe or fortuna to which they still haven’t finished. Yet they are bringing in another open world soon. It’s sad to see the game all over the place and have no clear direction 

You've bumped into the players who take any comments on how the game can be made better and criticisms towards the game as a personal affront. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

would be nice, but i also like them just adding things too. The direction is giving you stuff to shoot at or do. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

would be nice, but i also like them just adding things too. The direction is giving you stuff to shoot at or do. 

Therese a difference between stuff to do and busywork. The reccent content updates for a while have potential I don’t think anyone would argue that. But all of it hits a plateau of “ok I got x or I’ve done x” what’s next? We did eso till we got knora and the vandals we did caps till we got our arcanes (if you didn’t do raids) we did orb for. Operator arcanes etc. And that’s just talking about rewards. Even then everyone gets tired of having to wait for more content to get added because the older content hasn’t been revisited or refreshed in how long (excluding the disruption mode which I do think is a great game mode the core game Is very very stale atm because of lack of balance and direction. While this would work in a sandbox. Warframe isn’t gmod. It’s a looter shooter rpg whatever direction they want it to go in and they seem to not know where they want to take it. Not tying up strings on content that could be 100000x better if simply put they either put more effort time resources or thought OR all of the above in said content drops. As someone who was beyond hype for Poe AND fortuna it’s disappointing to see the rate of both of them now. They have seen very little refreshing and just seems like another “content island” with little correlation to the game or what’s going on. Mind you if I’m not mistaken we were promised another eidolon and and another orb for fortuna which we have not received. The missions are stale and the grind is terrible for both open worlds. It’s alot more i can pick out but I’d rather have fully flushed out and complete things to do and at vs getting part of it now and waiting who knows how long until de decides “hey, let’s finish working on *insert unfinished aspect of the game here”  because we haven’t worked on it since “ insert time frame here”

also imo saying would be nice is kinda letting them just get by with doing such. If we keep expressing we want. More flushed out content and or ether choose not to support them with unfinished content I’m sure they’d get at least a hint of the message. Look at the backlash of liches rj and etc caused. A complete revisit and look at things the community has been asking for for literal years

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 2

Imo, U14 was the peak...

it stagnated for a bit, then went downhill in U18/U19 (specters of the rail was so bad, they stopped calling it U19 :laugh:)

there were other maxima tho, second dream was decent, the war within update which kinda saved the game and fortuna which was also a decent update

• Like 1

Second Dream was amazing and the fall off/decline since then has been strong for me. For myself I can't really think of something since then besides Umbra and Harrow content that I really enjoyed and stood out in my memory. Relics and adding all the UI stuff were probably the most impactful "NOPE" moments for me. Once I stopped sharing keys and have group w randos pushing for rewards in the void, derelects, etc things in the gameplay got super boring. I really didn't like the UI changes it went from a really clean HUD really accentuating the gameplay to a really busy HUD w icons all over really of no impactful significance on the screen. I also get really tired of the easter egg hunt for void traces or whatever on relics because again its an element distracting from the combat/core of the game.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 1

I think whoever does the grand story design don't even know where they want to take the end of Warframe's main story to. (Tenno vs orokin vs Sentients) 

this New War stuff is so peice meal, so little in lore I really don't care anymore. I'd rather see Parvos vs Corpus. Parvos knows the sentient are a major threat but other than DE promising they are they've never felt like it. 

The Grinner have blown up relay's. The sentients haven't. 

Stalker has killed a warframe, the sentients haven't ever since the tenno got woken up at the start of the game. As far as I know anyhow. 

Hunhow's true form never came to be a raid boss. He was clearly big enough to be one. But nah he apparently gets fully killed off in Octavia's quest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I think whoever does the grand story design don't even know where they want to take the end of Warframe's main story to. (Tenno vs orokin vs Sentients) 

this New War stuff is so peice meal, so little in lore I really don't care anymore. I'd rather see Parvos vs Corpus. Parvos knows the sentient are a major threat but other than DE promising they are they've never felt like it. 

The Grinner have blown up relay's. The sentients haven't. 

Stalker has killed a warframe, the sentients haven't ever since the tenno got woken up at the start of the game. As far as I know anyhow. 

Hunhow's true form never came to be a raid boss. He was clearly big enough to be one. But nah he apparently gets fully killed off in Octavia's quest. 

Writer comes up with great idea, and DE responds with "how many new syndicates did you develop?"
Writer weeps. 

• Like 1

I don't think Warframe has truly peaked for me yet, I'm still waiting for that breathtaking game changer of an update to happen. However I am a big fan of the Solar Rails, and Raids, if they brung those back refreshed and revitalized that would be my peak time with Warfame

Edited by (PS4)Darkrya

I feel warframe peaked with Plains of Eidolon. It felt very real amongst other games, Eidolon’s were #*!%ing cool as a concept.

Since then, I don’t feel like any big release has really captured the gaming audience like that.

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_

I think the game is peaking right now and that it hasnt peaked yet.

Theres allot of things i miss from the past game and allot that i dont like right now. But the game has allot of variety and i can atleast ignore the stuff i dont like. While they've kept and left allot of stuff unchanged that i do like.

I have my complaints, pacing, grind and just some drawn out design choices. Theres things i miss like grineer speaking smack to each other "hey leave my mother out of this", and the lotus making announcements on the PA system in Corpus missions "Please keep your hands inside the gaurd rails at all times". Also remember when you could load into maps that had no widely spread lighting. I can go on but my point has been made.

Those things i mentioned in the last paragraph were fantastic 'world builders' for the story. Creating a unique langauge for each faction i think was a mistake. Along with removing fractured glass in the new Corpus tiles and many of the other little things that gave the game in a relatable and realistic world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Writer comes up with great idea, and DE responds with "how many new syndicates did you develop?"
Writer weeps. 

Considering that only 5 of the game's updates have introduced syndicates, and none of them were major story updates (the closest being the New Strange, which foreshadowed the Sentients and introduced the Sanctuary targets), I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

Edited by Corvid

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)DoctorWho_90250:

The game has been on a downhill slide since Kuva Liches were introduced, because what followed were Railjack & Scarlet Spear. 

Why am I not surprised to read this comment from one of the PS4 guys. By now I am used to getting the most terrible comments from guys with the PS4 tag.

So I started before Mirage prime got released, back when frost prime was free if you had twitch prime. Raids were still a thing back then, and while I only ran raids 4x (2 each mission) before they got taken away (and promised replacement soon).

This game peaked at sacrifice/PoE, and has gone down hill since then. The reason I say this is because another member said something that made me recall my years of playing "the game peaked when you went from intermediate to vet" and that's not true for me. 

The reason I say it's not true for me is because I hit vet status way before sacrifice dropped. Sacrifice was the best quest they released since I played and here's why. 

PoE: very fun, don't mind the grind to get a sweet amp that looks like mrgamans buster. PoE can still have a lot done and be more polished, but not bad at all. 

Fortuna: A copy and paste of PoE, the grind is easy to max out standing, but it feels like it's just busy work compared to PoE which drops arcanes. Fortuna drops nothing. What is it, 2 years later and k-drives are still bugged out?

The new corpus quest (idk the name, but it bored me) a boring "side story" and another grind just to do and forget once you get the parts. 

Railjack: bugged out on release, previews were all simulated, a hot mess. 

Scarlet spear: I only played enough to max out arcane energize a d guardian. Other then that, I had fun with the idea behind it lore wise.

TNW has been teased since PoE released and we have gotten 3 cut scenes for it and SS.

There's so many unanswered questions in this game, it's like a child with ADHD is working on it. "hey let's announce the main story, now let's work on open world, now make a main story quest, now another open world, now back to main story, now a corpus rework (which looks freaken fantastic BTW!)" then what's next? No main story for another 3 years? 

I have so many unanswered questions. 

If all the orokin died, how is Ballas alive

If Ballas is alive does that mean there's more orokin alive? 

What was the full extent of the old war, what stories are there? De can delve so deep into TOW that this game can literally have main story for years to come hurt between TOW and TNW. 

What I dislike about de is "we are making new player content but no old player content". I have multiple reasons why I dislike this approach:

I have 2 clan mates who just started a month ago, they are SO STRESSED because of syndicate standing, Fortuna and LD standing, cetus and quills standing, they have 0 idea where to start. They almost quit the game until I sat down with them and talked them through everything. 

Stop piling on new players DE, and start focusing on some vet player content for a bit. New players are stressed out, and I know I was when I started because there was 0 explication of mods, crafting, anything and I didn't have to deal with 100 factions taking different rep for each one, plus learn how to mod, plus learn how to craft, plus learn the game itself. I would have looked at this game and said "nope I'm done" too if I had all that stuff to worry about at mr2. 

• Like 1