Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Tasks and why some can't be done

Pendragon1951

8 minutes ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Taxi'd/carried, yet just, not less than 2 weeks ago, I asked for hours for an Argon/Void help/taxi and was pretty much told to eff off, do it myself, and directed to the wiki/YT videos on how to get there.

Yes, eventually one kind soul helped. Thanks to him....BUT:

Why now that it involves Nightweave, is everyone OK with taxi/being carried and recommending this??

Double standard much or just being a-holee-o's?

People are dcks, in general.  For some reason the fact that it's time limited makes people more willing to lend a hand, especially as they're doing the grind as well.  Asking them to do something they don't feel they need to do, simply for kindness sake, that's when you see some folks get...interesting.

Part of the reason I don't bother asking for help on PS4, I know exactly the kind of help I'll get lol

• Like 2

Or with common sense you just don't do the ones that you cant/dont want to do and move on. Reliably do the ones you can and you will reach the end goal with enough time to probably complain about maxing out the bonus track and there being nothing more to do.

• Like 2

Be social and ask for help. Teamwork is key. You don't need to solo everything.

There's always somebody who has a lich you can help murmur farm for. There's always someone needing Eidolon Shards. There's always someone needing a few more copernics for their railjack stuff. Jump aboard and help them, they'll help you in return.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bb288368e945fe6242f

Edited by (XB1)Primus Patronum
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

That kuva lich thrall, idk if too many people dont realize it, but you can join someone who has a lich in progress, do a murmur farm and slay one thrall...yes, that counts people, and it doesn't give you a lich. 

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

Same sentiments as the others before me. So far I have skipped all the Lich-related Nightwave missions. I’m at rank 28 now. Next week I should hit 30 and get the ugly fat pigeon. Hahaahah!

When tridolon comes out on Nightwave, just hop into recruit chat. There will be loads of people looking for a team for tridolons as well. Same with profit taker, if you’re gonna vent about that as well.

15 hours ago, ZarTham said:

If you don't have a Lich, start a lich hunt, tridolon is also possible, even in public squads, there are even people who offer to carry it for noobs.

Still, you don't have to do all NW tasks to get r30.

this.

My brother and I are more than able to kill the first two, but tackling Harry is a no go until we get new amp setups that can actually hurt the three amigos' shields more.

you don't need all tasks to reach rank 30. do it at your own pace, or knock out what you can with a friend if you have one or two.

You do realize that if you have completed all the challenges so far, you're probably rank 27 or 28 and we've only got 2 out of the 5 investigation scenes ?

You could reasonably have skipped the first 3 weeks of Nightwave and still be able to reach R30 on time.

Edited by Chewarette

Just did a little calculation for fun.

You need 300,000 standing to reach rank 30 on Nightwave.

If you did nothing at all except completing only the easy 1,000 standing dailies (9 of them per week), you’ll need 33 weeks and 3 days. roughly about 8 months.

You can start playing with the numbers from here. What if Nightwave lasted only 6 months? Doing only dailies will get you 216,000 standing. How many 4,500 standing weeklies do you have to do? About 19. That’s less than 1 per week.

Do you need to do any 7,000 standing weeklies? Nope.

Do you need to do the story quest? Nope.

Is it easily attainable? By God, Yes!

• Like 1

you really don't need to do all the tasks, I avoided the eidolon and Orb Mother ones and I'm at rank 23 with plenty of time to go. a couple of weeks and I'll hit 30, and we still have 3 more crime scenes to go, plus however long they inevitably extend the Season anyway.

oh, I skipped Conservation too. screw that for a lark.

On 2020-06-19 at 1:17 AM, Chewarette said:

You do realize that if you have completed all the challenges so far, you're probably rank 27 or 28 and we've only got 2 out of the 5 investigation scenes ?

You could reasonably have skipped the first 3 weeks of Nightwave and still be able to reach R30 on time.

Wrong!

Level 10

Not all of us play 24/7, nor have friends to carry us to end game events.

Edited by (PS4)JohnWickHitman

Good thing I didn't think DE actually permanently removed the Gilding task for good (though they should). I have a collection of Ungilded stuff just for Nightwave. I rank it up, but I won't gild any of it until a Nightwave challenge comes up. This Nightwave was an ungilded Moa I ranked up a half a year ago. In my view, Nightwave rewards players for not gilding their extraneous stuff immediately.

Same goes for Ayatan Sculptures. I won't socket any of them.

2 hours ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Wrong!

Level 10

Not all of us play 24/7, nor have friends to carry us to end game events.

Hence why I said "If you completed all challenges". That means we're not even halfway into this season (only 2/5 investigation scenes) and we've got enough points to clear the 30 levels. Which means, even if you're "only" R10 now, if you keep this rythm you'll still reach 30 before the end, probably.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Good thing I didn't think DE actually permanently removed the Gilding task for good (though they should). I have a collection of Ungilded stuff just for Nightwave. I rank it up, but I won't gild any of it until a Nightwave challenge comes up. This Nightwave was an ungilded Moa I ranked up a half a year ago. In my view, Nightwave rewards players for not gilding their extraneous stuff immediately.

Same goes for Ayatan Sculptures. I won't socket any of them.

I just realised from your post that I have nothing left to gild if that mission comes up. Maybe that’ll be the missions that I’ll need to skip.

However, I do have a number of sculptures waiting to be socketed, so that mission will be fine for me.

2 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

I just realised from your post that I have nothing left to gild if that mission comes up. Maybe that’ll be the missions that I’ll need to skip.

However, I do have a number of sculptures waiting to be socketed, so that mission will be fine for me.

Or they should just remove the gilding task like they did in Nightwave series 2... but actually remove it permanently.

18 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Good news!  It came back up. 

On 2020-06-18 at 10:05 AM, Pendragon1951 said:

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

I just joined a friend who had a lich and was able to kill on thrall on their kuva lich locations. I thought i couldnt do it either until I realized that was an actually option.

The hydrolyst can be slow to do but even this time when I screwed up with my oberon brining range build instead of my power build. We managed to pull it off after alot of extra work getting more drones as my healing was to weak to keep anything alive even myself =P  Just 1 person left so 3 of us struggled through it and got it completed.

Another thread with people complaining about challenges that they choose not to do because of personal reasons. 

I really don't understand how "just skip the ones you don't/can't do" is such a challenging and offending concept. The challenge isn't broken, you just can't do it, but many can. It's not like it's completely halting your progress. 

I don't get this "we all need a participation trophy" mindset. There's an abundance of standing available.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Imma list the ones that I WANTED to do yet something has stopped them from being completed....

Mark 0/5 Mods or Resources- on Consoles, I have my buttons changed to muscle memory and the button that I had as MARK/INSPECT does not map anymore. Been asking DE to fix this but no go....and then this popped up and I could not MARK anything. I could move the MARK button to another button but then I lose out on MERCY KILLS or RELOADING....

Make 5 or more enemies float at once- I thought this was going to be a fun one...and even though I have done this a few times, I am getting the bar under the challenge filled up to 1/4th as though I have to fill it multiple times. Seeing 7+ infested floating around after slamming from a jump is strange to know it is not counting them but that is what I have ....

Exterminate without alarm- yeah...yeah...most do this in the Void but I used to do this on Eris. Did it three ways and for some reason, this has not popped as it used to. Killed all with stealth and took time to not get Jiggy called in, did it with Juggy waking up as I was slaughtering them all, and did it where the Jug gets woke and comes in to get itself killed....but did not pop as it used to from other runs....

Those have been the only ones that do have bugs/can't be done the way they used to be done IME...

Cheers 🥂