Jump to content

DE Appreciation Day


Recommended Posts

 How about we have a quick thread about the good things DE has done recently, as a breath of fresh air. I'll start:

Deadlock was a great update, I absolutely love the artwork, tileset reworks, lore, and sounds design of the entire thing. I honestly think if DE keeps releasing Quests/content like this, the game will turn for the better.

(also thank you for buffing my girl protea)

And can we keep this civilized please? I already see people trying to derail for no reason.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like those revised updates. Almost better than new content just because of the refreshment feel. Keep them coming!

I also love it when DE shares their thoughts with us, instead of going radio silent, be it for player feedback or their plans for the game.

cheers GIF

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

DE's art and music departments don't get enough appreciation. They consistently put out spectacular work, and Deadlock is no exception. The new Corpus ships are brimming with detail, and the new soundtrack is just a banger.

The rest of DE is... another matter.

  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebb just took over two hours to genuinely, with interest, enthusiasm, and passion, discuss the game with players of it on QuietteShy's channel. She took initiative to question them; to ask for feedback and listen to it.

In that discussion, Rebb mentioned a focus from DE going forward of combining polishing existing content and making new content together, as with Deadlock Protocol. That's actually quite ingenious and could well please everyone (well, except those who want to be displeased).

And we see the benefits already. Deadlock Protocol was indeed very good. It had the only line in the game that's made me laugh aloud, and hard. "No, that must have been... some other son." (Paraphrasing.) The bugs were... relatively minor. Okay, the new gunblade wasn't performing perfectly. But it was still usable and they fixed it. And Protea. Quickly!

And y'know what. Even railjack may still be incredibly buggy, but I still really enjoy my time with it. I don't regret playing it, even when I'm frustrated at having to Alt+F4. On balance, it's a huge positive for me.

They've made mistakes. They still are. I've much to criticize. But I've more to praise.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Inichor said:

Rebb just took over two hours to genuinely, with interest, enthusiasm, and passion, discuss the game with players of it on QuietteShy's channel. She took initiative to question them; to ask for feedback and listen to it.

In that discussion, Rebb mentioned a focus from DE going forward of combining polishing existing content and making new content together, as with Deadlock Protocol. That's actually quite ingenious and could well please everyone (well, except those who want to be displeased).

And we see the benefits already. Deadlock Protocol was indeed very good. It had the only line in the game that's made me laugh aloud, and hard. "No, that must have been... some other son." (Paraphrasing.) The bugs were... relatively minor. Okay, the new gunblade wasn't performing perfectly. But it was still usable and they fixed it. And Protea. Quickly!

And y'know what. Even railjack may still be incredibly buggy, but I still really enjoy my time with it. I don't regret playing it, even when I'm frustrated at having to Alt+F4. On balance, it's a huge positive for me.

They've made mistakes. They still are. I've much to criticize. But I've more to praise.

 Yea, DE staff interviews are a breath of fresh air, I'm glad they've started doing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inichor said:

Rebb just took over two hours to genuinely, with interest, enthusiasm, and passion, discuss the game with players of it on QuietteShy's channel. She took initiative to question them; to ask for feedback and listen to it.

In that discussion, Rebb mentioned a focus from DE going forward of combining polishing existing content and making new content together, as with Deadlock Protocol. That's actually quite ingenious and could well please everyone (well, except those who want to be displeased).

And we see the benefits already. Deadlock Protocol was indeed very good. It had the only line in the game that's made me laugh aloud, and hard. "No, that must have been... some other son." (Paraphrasing.) The bugs were... relatively minor. Okay, the new gunblade wasn't performing perfectly. But it was still usable and they fixed it. And Protea. Quickly!

And y'know what. Even railjack may still be incredibly buggy, but I still really enjoy my time with it. I don't regret playing it, even when I'm frustrated at having to Alt+F4. On balance, it's a huge positive for me.

They've made mistakes. They still are. I've much to criticize. But I've more to praise.

Slight issue, she took over 2 hours, might as well do 1h stream. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeadlySurgeon said:

DE's art and music departments don't get enough appreciation. They consistently put out spectacular work, and Deadlock is no exception. The new Corpus ships are brimming with detail, and the new soundtrack is just a banger.

The rest of DE is... another matter.

They're the best departments in the company in terms of what they create. Every update, the art and sound is top notch. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeadlySurgeon said:

DE's art and music departments don't get enough appreciation. They consistently put out spectacular work, and Deadlock is no exception. The new Corpus ships are brimming with detail, and the new soundtrack is just a banger.

The rest of DE is... another matter.

Dont shame the janitors, they have to go to the studio from time to time to keep it all tidy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hikuro-93:

I like those revised updates. Almost better than new content just because of the refreshment feel. Keep them coming!

I also love it when DE shares their thoughts with us, instead of going radio silent, be it for player feedback or their plans for the game.

cheers GIF

Yeah I agree, shield gating, armor changes etc. all were really good updates. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadlock protocol was quite well done. Not many gamebraking bugg..personally i didnt find any.

Sound is great. Art is great. Protea is well balanced, quite strong (with latest buffs) and fun to play. Grind was ok..didnt feel exhausting.

Thank you DE.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are the occasional complaints, but that's common to any MMO. Honestly, I'm constantly impressed and finding new stuff still that I love about Warframe. The sheer parkour space ninja gameplay is awesome, let alone the sheer amount of customization and decoration available. The new Corpus ships from Deadlock especially look fantastic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I adore Devstreams and how human they feel.
I am not a fan of some things DE does but they have so far always been very transparent and forthcoming about things, were always open about their mistakes and would acknowledge them directly instead of side-skirting them.
I love their in-game economy and how it respects us as customers and real people.
I love and admire their constant need to try new things. Be they utter fails, success stories or fire-and-forget content, it is new things and experiments in a very stagnant industry that just tries to cash on the most secure of options, the trends, the unimaginative and cookie-cutter designs.

DE keeps trying new things and often goes unnoticed because of their humanity and success in an industry that is hell-bent on exploitation of its workers and customers. They succeed commercially and morally, and that is a very scary thing to EA, Activation and the like.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadlock Protocol was pretty great. The dialogue was priceless, the new maps are pretty, and while the Granum Void doesn't have much I need anymore they're already looking for ways to improve it. I want them to release somachord tones of the new tracks they released. 

The lore between the nightwave and Deadlock Protocol has been interestint so far and really fleshes out the world moreso than say Scarlet Spear did. 

Coming from WoW, DE's communication always makes me happy and is leagues above other companies like Blizzard. I also love how open they are. Some people say actions speak louder than words but how you act in public sitations are also actions. 

DE is using the Test Cluster they put together for even more content, and even building on it for involving more people. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy that Warframe is here. A game that I can support when I want to, won't penalize me when I can't or take a break from it. A team that supports and loves their game who do their best to stick to their ethos even in the face of critique and missteps despite the grueling nature of the video game industry. A team that acknowledges they are human and that they make mistakes, and wish to do better every day.

I enjoy Warframe for the many players that are here that have brightened my days with their presence. The players that have taught me to play the game, and the players who in turn have allowed me to teach what I know imprating my experiences to those who have come after me and will do so themselves for others. 

I enjoy Warframe for the atmosphere, the mystique, and lore even if it does not appear so deep on the surface. I simply enjoy how unique DE is and their creation even when I don't always agree with it. And that's nice.

page front GIF

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Deadlock protocol was quite well done. Not many gamebraking bugg..personally i didnt find any.

Sound is great. Art is great. Protea is well balanced, quite strong (with latest buffs) and fun to play. Grind was ok..didnt feel exhausting.

Thank you DE.

Same, felt great being able to play through the entire quest/farm protea without a single bug, DE really did good on that. The few bugs they did add were quickly patched after, so overall pretty good work.

Protea's an absolute blast now, especially if you run equilibrium on her. I especially love the effects on her 4, I'm glad they added it to the game considering how hard it must have been for them to make it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

They're the best departments in the company in terms of what they create. Every update, the art and sound is top notch. 

 Most of the music/effects in this game is amazing, I agree. When you hear the sounds effects on trinity, revenant, valkyr etc. it really adds to the gameplay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richeatue said:

 Most of the music/effects in this game is amazing, I agree. When you hear the sounds effects on trinity, revenant, valkyr etc. it really adds to the gameplay.

Side note for this, but I absolutely love it when DE goes back to tweak and edit older sound and visual effects, especially when they're detrimental in some way (I still have Simulor PTSD).

Not a lot of companies would even think about going back to completely overhaul something as simple as the firing sound of a gun, at best they'd reduce or increase the volume, if they did anything at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I play it's DE appreciate day. Warframe is awesome. I'm glad I don't play this game while filled with angst and disdain for the developers.

If I'm playing a game, it's because I appreciate the devs and how they develop their game.

Edited by Hypernaut1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...