The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some players are ruining affinity farm in hydron, sedna

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with players on hydron and it is rage inducing, ok so I've been forma-ing my weapons and warfames like what you'd usually do and I've always preferred going to hydron, obviously there are gonna be people who extract as early as wave 5 but people literally take advantage of this, basically what would usually happen is that if only 1 player is going to extract, someone like just 1 person will pretend to proceed to the next wave and at the very last moment the extraction screen ends, that person will extract leaving me and the other person who wanted to go to the next wave behind, meaning of course less affinity and i either have to abort or keep going, I've encountered SO MANY of these players so many times that my affinity grinding has actually become slightly slower than before thanks to these people. My advice to avoid this is to be prepared if a second player is about to extract and extract as quick as you can or extract aswell when 1 player is extracting early. And no I don't think these players just decided to extract at that very last moment because they would've extracted immediately.

• Like 14

There are many many bored people rn - they try to make themselves amused. Because this is't a pvp/competative game they learn how to screw with other people.
And there are many many ways in this game to do this if you really want to.
And btw for weapons...don't go to hydron, do ESO. It's much much faster and you will have marginally more fun then hydron.

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with players on hydron and it is rage inducing, ok so I've been forma-ing my weapons and warfames like what you'd usually do and I've always preferred going to hydron, obviously there are gonna be people who extract as early as wave 5 but people literally take advantage of this, basically what would usually happen is that if only 1 player is going to extract, someone like just 1 person will pretend to proceed to the next wave and at the very last moment the extraction screen ends, that person will extract leaving me and the other person who wanted to go to the next wave behind, meaning of course less affinity and i either have to abort or keep going, I've encountered SO MANY of these players so many times that my affinity grinding has actually become slightly slower than before thanks to these people. My advice to avoid this is to be prepared if a second player is about to extract and extract as quick as you can or extract aswell when 1 player is extracting early. And no I don't think these players just decided to extract at that very last moment because they would've extracted immediately.

That's like the oldest prank in the book in warframe...

It's sad, but yeah, nothing new...

The affinity loss is kinda minor, i mean you still need to kill a bunch by yourself... But yeah, it is annoying.

• Like 6

Most times i aim to go to 10 atleast but if i see the host leave at 5 i will leave to dont wanna risk host migrated back to the ship with no gain.

And for ppl leaving last second has been around for along time so i allways holding my trigger on leave just to be ready. (But mostly im fine if i get left by myself just take some extra time for less exp.)

15 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

There are many many bored people rn - they try to make themselves amused. Because this is't a pvp/competative game they learn how to screw with other people.
And there are many many ways in this game to do this if you really want to.
And btw for weapons...don't go to hydron, do ESO. It's much much faster and you will have marginally more fun then hydron.

I was leveling up frames and yeah I do play ESO for weapons

43 minutes ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

1 player is going to extract, someone like just 1 person will pretend to proceed to the next wave and at the very last moment the extraction screen ends,

Really is a tale as old as time OP. Only items I level in Hydron anymore is Warframes when I feel like it. Otherwise it's ESO all the way on a support Frame. Or in my case I keep a lich active to use that node to have higher lvl mobs. With The Steel Path coming soon will give a new option as well for leveling items after completing the Star Chart. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

This is all well and good, except it means quitting far before zone 8. Thus screwing those who are hunting for the Braton & Lato Vandal -parts, as well as focus farmers.

It's really a design problem. There needs to be separate places for parts, focus and frame/weapon affinity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enialyx said:

This is all well and good, except it means quitting far before zone 8. Thus screwing those who are hunting for the Braton & Lato Vandal -parts, as well as focus farmers.

It's really a design problem. There needs to be separate places for parts, focus and frame/weapon affinity.

You know, recruit chat is there for a reason. Players are just to lazy to use such mechanics. They just join public lobbies without understanding what it means to be in a public lobby. Not the game's fault that players aren't smart enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

You know, recruit chat is there for a reason. Players are just to lazy to use such mechanics. They just join public lobbies without understanding what it means to be in a public lobby. Not the game's fault that players aren't smart enough.

This is why I use SO to farm XP for leveling, a bit slower (I think anyway) but there's no risk of "failing" if someone leaves, then you go as far you need to until it boots you out

If I grind in Hydron or Helene, gotta be prepared to select "Extract" at the last moment. I got in this situation a few times and so I have to develop this habit.

Alternatively, if you have access to Veil Proxima in your railjack, I think that is a better-ish way to grind. I've since left Hydron for railjack when grinding my own gear. Usually only back on Hydron when my friends need some grinding, then I'll do the killing.

• Like 3

il y a 52 minutes, vegetosayajin a dit :

Even better, railjack.

Railjack veil proxima missions (Gain Point) has probably the best source of affinity for leveling gear even if the entire team has rank 0 stuff. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

hmm...When I was farming braton/lato vandal parts I never cared if someone would stay.If they did, good, but if not, also good.
I can't see a problem.

This "prank" used to be popular on PS4 when I began playing, now not so much (at least I didn't experience it nowadays). I always have my thumb on the square button, just to make sure I can extract in the last minute, if necessary.

On 2020-06-26 at 10:02 AM, WhiteMarker said:

I mean, OP joins a public lobby expecting people to play OP's game.

OP, you are doing it wrong...

OP does not expect people to play in a way OP wants... They don't want to tell people how to play or how long to stay in the mission. They just want people to act with some basic human decency. Quitting in the last minute isn't affecting any aspect of the game itself, it's just rude.

• Like 7

Unless the team composition is ideal for your needs (you get a Saryn doing your work for you when you're leveling weapons OR you get a support frame and no other nukers than yourself when you're leveling a nuke frame, OR your Kavat double-sneezes an Affinity bonus during the last seconds of wave 5, there's hardly any point in staying longer in Public Hydron non-fissure runs. The time to exit and re-enter is negligible, at best. 

The question is why is hydron that important instead of taking it for a run and let the exp gained on the run instead of leeching? Why the rush? If you really need that exp, go to saturn for easier to kill enemies with negligible exp difference to do solo

Second, it's public match, don't expect people will follow what you want. You get ready to fend yourself alone or you're screwed

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Quitting in the last minute isn't affecting any aspect of the game itself, it's just a d!ck move.

Good thing DE hasn't made any co-op content like raid or we can see people leaving at the last minute of winning just to ruin other's runs by now

• Like 1