Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some players are ruining affinity farm in hydron, sedna

On 2020-06-26 at 10:56 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

OP does not expect people not play in a way OP wants... They don't want to tell people how to play or how long to stay in the mission. They just want people to act with some basic human decency. Quitting in the last minute isn't affecting any aspect of the game itself, it's just rude.

But they do, though. They expect others to play the mission so that they can leech the exp. Others may be rude. But OP is just as rude for leeching.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

But they do, though. They expect others to play the mission so that they can leech the exp. Others may be d!cks. But OP is just as much a d!ck for leeching.

This is literally what happens at Hydron, the vast majority of the playerbase levels stuff at Hydron this way.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

This could be fixed if de just increased enemy spawns, as an option.

I always called it "squad mode" and it sets, when activated, the enemy spawn to 4 active players, no matter if solo, as a duo or with 3 people.

That sounds good actualy why is it not a thing yet?XD

28 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

This is literally what happens at Hydron, the vast majority of the playerbase levels stuff at Hydron this way.

Sure... but don't expect others to play your game.
Don't expect to get carried. Always be ready to do the job on your own.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aseraan said:

That sounds good actualy why is it not a thing yet?XD

Because then players wouldn't co-op those missions...

New players generally need the help that co-op provides.

Seasoned players generally want the mob count co-op provides for expediency's sake.

The real problem isn't that people leave though...It's that people can't join missions that are fully in progress already.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with players on hydron and it is rage inducing, ok so I've been forma-ing my weapons and warfames like what you'd usually do and I've always preferred going to hydron, obviously there are gonna be people who extract as early as wave 5 but people literally take advantage of this, basically what would usually happen is that if only 1 player is going to extract, someone like just 1 person will pretend to proceed to the next wave and at the very last moment the extraction screen ends, that person will extract leaving me and the other person who wanted to go to the next wave behind, meaning of course less affinity and i either have to abort or keep going, I've encountered SO MANY of these players so many times that my affinity grinding has actually become slightly slower than before thanks to these people. My advice to avoid this is to be prepared if a second player is about to extract and extract as quick as you can or extract aswell when 1 player is extracting early. And no I don't think these players just decided to extract at that very last moment because they would've extracted immediately.

Better advice: Use the recruiting chat. 

MR 20 1000+ hrs logged, PS4 for a bit of context.........

With a full squad 15 waves with a booster, 25 without. Stay in affinity range for max gain. If and I mean if you need to leave. Try communicating with the squad. When I was doing Hydron, would try to drop a line in squad chat, even use a mic. But now I just point my RJ at Gian Point and cut loose. 

The only time I Hydron is if there are cabbages (relics) to be cracked and if I need something lvl'ed.

I've had this happen a LOT less if I just put in a simple "10?" or "15?" into chat right at the beginning. Sure jerks are going to be jerks anyways, but I find that people who are just bored will usually tell you what they're going to do if you just ask. It's a good way to weed out unintentional jerks.

for leveling weapons bring something powerful, like legerdemain mirage, saryn, equinox etc. you then have an extremely powerful ability if people act like morons. warframes you are out of luck i guess! i cant remember the last time i did hydron since i prefer fissures(requiem and normal) since that takes out 4 birds with 1 stone (level equipment, prime parts, void traces, and more relics)

But yeah they need to add an "endless" option on the navigation. make it so you simply cannot leave for at least 2 or 3 rotations or something. I bet a LOT of people would use it!

Edited by Talinthis

11 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

hmm...When I was farming braton/lato vandal parts I never cared if someone would stay.If they did, good, but if not, also good.
I can't see a problem.

Wait,what??

Are you saying you haven't computed and are following the optimal affinity/xp/parts per hour-strategy ??

Do you think this is a game!??!      

o.O  😄

• Like 2

I remember this being an issue, but i've noticed that by making the grind easier... ppl will act in a less sh1ty manner.

First of all, I mostly only rank up frames (doesn't matter if their new, vaulted or prime) on affinity weekends and with boosters. This reduces the chances that someone will troll as majority of players wanna rank up their sh1t. Secondly, i either bring a speed nova, equinox or wisp. Whenever I've brought a speed nova, squadmates have always stayed to at least 10 waves on hydron. Wisp and equinox basically guarantee (if you've modded right) that the objective can last up to 20 waves solo, and more with wisp.

Also, use ESO for ranking up weapons

I've learned my lesson. If one person opts to extract or no one is opting to do anything, you select extract. Don't even think about it...

The reasoning for this is simple: If everyone is all-in, nobody can prank extract on you (it's not even an option).

EDIT: Here's the safety rule more simply put:

If you're waiting for the timer for the next round: Select extract.

Only when everyone selects "Stay" does it immediately proceed (and then no one can prank extract).

Edited by nslay
  • Like 2

On 2020-06-26 at 9:21 AM, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with players on hydron and it is rage inducing, ok so I've been forma-ing my weapons and warfames like what you'd usually do and I've always preferred going to hydron,

How about, and I'm just spitballing here, levelling your weapons and warframes by using them rather than relying on the radial affinity of other's kills?

That way you aren't affected by team members and you won't be caught out when DE finally get around to changing the affinity share system to prevent ranking weapons without using them as they said they'd do when they implemented the MR-based capacity for weapons and warframes.

Dude... Hydron is Dead, That node is longer good for anything, even if only one player leaves then your Affinity gains for the Next 10 Waves are going to suffer Heavily as a Result, and since its almost Guaranteed that someone is going to leave on Wave 5 now, Theres no point in doing Hydron anymore...

It seems like Gian Point is the new Hydron, and the best part about that is it only needs a Minimum of 2 Players to be viable and 3 Players to be optimal... 

That Being said... I hate Railjack, So Il continue to level my Crap using Sortie Defense (Because You dont have the option to leave on Wave 5) and Endless Fissures (For Obvious Reasons)... 

It also seems like any node that only serves a single purpose is dying these days... Need Endo ? why do Rathuum Arena when you can do Arbitrations ? Need Credits ? why do Index when you can Do Raijack/Profit Taker ? Need *Insert Common Resource* why do *Insert Specific Node* when you can just Roll with Charm Kitty ? Need Mutagen Samples ? No You don't... Theres no Such thing as The Hema... it doesnt exist XD !!!

Thats what I think has become of the Warframe Grind lately.... 

• Like 1

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

It also seems like any node that only serves a single purpose is dying these days... Need Endo ? why do Rathuum Arena when you can do Arbitrations ? Need Credits ? why do Index when you can Do Raijack/Profit Taker ? Need *Insert Common Resource* why do *Insert Specific Node* when you can just Roll with Charm Kitty ? Need Mutagen Samples ? No You don't... Theres no Such thing as The Hema... it doesnt exist XD !!!

I would also add some nightwave mission to it. Find three caches in sabotage? Go to the void. Find 8 rare mods? Go to the index.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

How about, and I'm just spitballing here, levelling your weapons and warframes by using them rather than relying on the radial affinity of other's kills?

That way you aren't affected by team members and you won't be caught out when DE finally get around to changing the affinity share system to prevent ranking weapons without using them as they said they'd do when they implemented the MR-based capacity for weapons and warframes.

I wasn't leeching, actually kind of the opposite, in fact in most hydron sessions i get most kills and most damage dealt, there are alot of leechers out there but not me, I didn't leech while leveling weapons or warframes, if my warframe couldn't kill anything i'd just use a weapon that can do the job for me, I don't exactly know how you thought I was leeching, i never mentioned myself not doing any work for the team, when I said I got left behind thanks to the extraction prank, I wasn't trying to say that I didn't pay attention to the screen because I was AFK and leeching, again I don't know why you thought I was leeching when I literally carry the team even with just a melee weapon.

On 2020-06-26 at 3:21 AM, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with players on hydron and it is rage inducing, ok so I've been forma-ing my weapons and warfames like what you'd usually do and I've always preferred going to hydron, obviously there are gonna be people who extract as early as wave 5 but people literally take advantage of this, basically what would usually happen is that if only 1 player is going to extract, someone like just 1 person will pretend to proceed to the next wave and at the very last moment the extraction screen ends, that person will extract leaving me and the other person who wanted to go to the next wave behind, meaning of course less affinity and i either have to abort or keep going, I've encountered SO MANY of these players so many times that my affinity grinding has actually become slightly slower than before thanks to these people. My advice to avoid this is to be prepared if a second player is about to extract and extract as quick as you can or extract aswell when 1 player is extracting early. And no I don't think these players just decided to extract at that very last moment because they would've extracted immediately.

Seen this happen often lately too. Fortunately, there are solo friendly options that you can use, that are often more effective:

- Adaro: Take ivara and spam sleep arrow for stealth bonus affinity, or the normal focus farm equinox. This is what i do for ranking all of my weapons. Note that if you bring Ivara, make sure to put a Silent mod (Suppress, Hush, Silent Battery) on your primary or secondary. Also works great if you want to rank up Archguns, just be sure to sleep the entire area before shooting, as there is no silent mod for archguns, and shooting an alarming weapon will break Ivara Prowl.

- Spy Mission Kappa, Sedna: Same as above, is just as efficient.

- Sanctuary Onslaught: Great for ranking frames from 0 to 30 and companions too.

- Railjack, Gian Point in Veil Proxima: Yes, Railjack, altho not as effective as Adaro or Kappa, an option is an option, the more options the better. This method is better done in duo, and only one ranking weapon per mission.

I wonder why people throw the word "Leeching" around like its a Curse or something... The Truth is if you dont want to waste a crap load of time with an Unranked weapon/warframe... Leeching is the way to go...

That Being said... I should point out there are 2 Distinct Types of Leeching in Warframe. The first type is the result of the way the game is designed, as long as the Term MR Fodder exists, then leeching to speed up the process of levelling Equipment you are NOT intended to actually use is on DE, not the players... Im not going to buy a a Potato and Riven for the Kraken just so I can Level it by using it... No way... Let Saryn Pour Affinity into that piece of crap so that I can move on.

The 2nd Type of Leeching, Naturally... is the Toxic Type... you know,, those Jack Asses that literally cant be bothered to do anything other than AFK in the corner doing nothing... and you know what... this is DE's fault to... because theres nothing we can do about this, theres no option to kick this player out of the group or to report them for Leeching... So this isnt just a Simple case of Players being bad, just like the first Type Leeching, this the result of poorly thought out design... 

Atleast thats my thoughts on the concept of "Leeching",and because Hydron is dead, earlier I levelled up my Opticor, Aklex Prime & Secura Lecta by Doing a Kuva Survival in a group...  I mean... did I leech ? Sure I guess... I dont think they even Noticed, Nidus wants to get all the Kills anyway :P

I always bring one good weapon to the party if I'm levelling up fodder so I can still be useful. I usually bring my best melee so I can level up a junk primary and secondary. Besides my mewan zaw with exodia contagion can give a Bramma a run for its money.

I can easily rank up melee on my own at a later date as most stuff handles the star map fine without a potato and just 4 mods equipped. 

Yeah, I know this is still technically leeching, but it's not being obnoxious about it and I have a frame that is appropriate for the mission at hand so I can return the favour.

Edited by Butterfly85
  • Like 1