Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path exclusive mods? or just....

Are we getting new mods via Steel Path? or just emotes and statues?

On the Steel Path thread I think it says we'll get new mods. IMO it's not very motivational to repeat the star chart just to get statues and emotes. Well it will be easy to rush it through even on solo but it's not motivating me to do so since based on the stream she didn't mention anything about new mod rewards etc.

thoughts? did I miss out some details?

No new mods, weapons, or frames. Only status and emotes. And Mastery.

What the thread said is there's a mod drop chance booster, which was later confirmed on stream today by Reb alongside a resource drop chance booster enabled at all times though.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

No new mods, but there will be higher mod drop rate.  Currently resources and mods are getting double drop rate (we'll need to wait to see if it stays that way) and affinity is naturally increased by the increased enemy rank.  That might not mean much now, but if we get new mods down the line then it might be handy.  For example if we get something like the Jupiter hidden labs again.

• Like 1

Just now, Katinka said:

No new mods, but there will be higher mod drop rate.  Currently resources and mods are getting double drop rate (we'll need to wait to see if it stays that way) and affinity is naturally increased by the increased enemy rank.  That might not mean much now, but if we get new mods down the line then it might be handy.  For example if we get something like the Jupiter hidden labs again.

I agree with you. Gotta add new mods or cosmetics at least to keep it interesting.

10 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Should be a resource booster, not a resource drop chance booster.

Agreed. Kuva is confirmed not scaling as seen in Brozime's stream with a larving that showed up on Earth. This means you'll see Kuva Disruption staring at level 140 but giving 350 Kuva, which is absurd and a reason to go back to normal mode.

9 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

Mastery as a reward? 

Yes, per cleared node. Like in normal mode, but I don't know the exact amount.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Agreed. Kuva is confirmed not scaling as seen in Brozime's stream with a larving that showed up on Earth. This means you'll see Kuva Disruption staring at level 140 but giving 350 Kuva, which is absurd and a reason to go back to normal mode.

Whereas if it were the right booster we'd at least be able to treat each siphon sd a kuva flood and it would be better for resource farming as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Well, the point of hardmode is not resource efficiency. If that's a players goal, they should stick to normal.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Well, the point of hardmode is not resource efficiency. If that's a players goal, they should stick to normal.

Normal mode can not offer advantages over hard mode beyond giving you a chill time. Otherwise people won't migrate to hard mode. This is a looter game, so loot value will always be part of the conversation and Kuva is arguably the most important resource in the entire game. 10 Riven rolls is 35,000 Kuva. You don't make that amount in an hour even with a booster.

I myself am prevented from fully migrating if it stays that way.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Well it would be smart of them to implement it because that's how you get people to play your content. Not saying I won't do hardmode but even on normal I prefer to do a long endurance run and get something for the time spent.

• Like 4

I thought the point of this was to give you a challenge, not to add more power creep to the game, or make it a super efficient resource farm, that is so important even newer players will rush the star map just so they can be a part of it... 

Some of ya'll want to ruin this before it even starts, you just can't help yourselves.. it's sad. 

• Like 15

Il y a 3 heures, Tesseract7777 a dit :

I thought the point of this was to give you a challenge, not to add more power creep to the game, or make it a super efficient resource farm, that is so important even newer players will rush the star map just so they can be a part of it... 

Some of ya'll want to ruin this before it even starts, you just can't help yourselves.. it's sad. 

While that is true that it will not add more power creep, it won't necessarily add challange.

This is PURELY a level skip (A grind skip, if you will). It will be useful for endurance runners to skip initial wait to go to "higher levels", and NOT get trade banned.

Level scales exponentially the higher it gets. in one hour level 40 enemies scales to ~70. In 8 hours, it becomes level 10000 (the level cap). 

+100 level enemies lets it scale higher while staying in the mission for a much less amount of time. This can protect your account from being trade banned. (For the most part, at least). People don't have to wait for so long to get to higher levels and risk trade bans.

Challenge wise, well, you've seen people do 2.14 billion damage (the damage cap), so it won't add any challenge to those who actually builds right, unless if there is any gimmick/twists involved, which DE said it doesn't. "Nothing overly complicated", they said.

Mind you, this is a better step in the right direction though. If they build the game mode from this, it would certainly help and providing challenge that incentivise the co-op aspect of the game.

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 2

no mods, but you know people are gonna want those exclusive cosmetics.

my question is what is the prerequisite for Steel path? what stops people from being able to taxi an MR3 noob into the mode? I ask not because I'm concerned of bad teams, I usually play solo, but because the Forums will continue to be filled with complaint threads about how low MRs are ruining teams for people when they PUG. seen it happen with ESO, with Arbitrations, with Sorties.. will this be any different? I think I already know the answer.

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

my question is what is the prerequisite for Steel path? what stops people from being able to taxi an MR3 noob into the mode? I ask not because I'm concerned of bad teams, I usually play solo, but because the Forums will continue to be filled with complaint threads about how low MRs are ruining teams for people when they PUG. seen it happen with ESO, with Arbitrations, with Sorties.. will this be any different? I think I already know the answer.

Full star chart completion, which I think is MR8 requirement, and a completion on one Arbitration mission.

So no, taxi-ing is not possible the same way as you can't taxi to arbitration missions.

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

While that is true that it will not add more power creep, it won't necessarily add challange.

This is PURELY a level skip (A grind skip, if you will). It will be useful for endurance runners to skip initial wait to go to "higher levels", and NOT get trade banned.

Level scales exponentially the higher it gets. in one hour level 40 enemies scales to ~70. In 8 hours, it becomes level 10000 (the level cap). 

+100 level enemies lets it scale higher while staying in the mission for a much less amount of time. This can protect your account from being trade banned. (For the most part, at least). People don't have to wait for so long to get to higher levels and risk trade bans.

Challenge wise, well, you've seen people do 2.14 billion damage (the damage cap), so it won't add any challenge to those who actually builds right, unless if there is any gimmick/twists involved, which DE said it doesn't. "Nothing overly complicated", they said.

Mind you, this is a better step in the right direction though. If they build the game mode from this, it would certainly help and providing challenge that incentivise the co-op aspect of the game.

To be quite honest, DE seem entirely cognizant of that. They outright say in the announcement 'This is not intended to be an endgame mode'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's what people do in literally every game that's revolves around grinding. They see grind and look up on the interwebz on where to grind the best. At least hard mode wouldn't make it so trivial and incentivize people on getting better and feel more justified for the better rewards.

Oh and by the way...Warframe has always been either power creep or waste of time/mr fodder. That's just the way the game sustains itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Bro if there will be no additional rewards or more resources or anything that's interesting for those players that don't need to bother with learning the game anymore then hard mode will abandoned as soon as everyone completed it because of the mastery rank points and that's it. Hard mode will be Abandoned mode soon after it launches because people will only use those builds that are prepared against high level enemies only once because there is no motivation. If your only motivation is to fight high level enemies then you're just wasting your time if you play one mission on hard mode more than once. Those players that are interested in a hard mode won't bother with it for statues and emotes and definitely won't exhaust themselves for the same reward scaling as normal mode has, so they're going to return to normal as soon as they got the MR and that's it. Abandoned mode. Welcome. 

Also those newer players or newbies probably don't need that much resources as higher level players do with for example Kuva or Void traces or like invasion resources possibly or anything. They also won't rush to it because they wouldn't last half as long as others and probably would die more than once or twice. Nobody forces them to rush to it if it gives better rewards, but no one will play it more than once if it doesn't. 

These are just facts. Thinking otherwise won't change them. 

• Like 1

The purpose of Steel Path isn't to be a place where you farm for stuff. It's there for the people who have finished farming, and want something that poses more of a threat than the basic star chart can provide.

It's an option for those who want it, not a new content addition. If you don't feel motivated to play it without rewards, then congrats, it's working as intended.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but because the Forums will continue to be filled with complaint threads about how low MRs are ruining teams for people when they PUG. seen it happen with ESO, with Arbitrations, with Sorties.. will this be any different? I think I already know the answer.

How few of the actual tenno population whine and moan on the forums? 

I think you are losing your sleep over something trivial if you are letting this minuscule percentage of registered-losers™ get under your skin. 

Edited by Nehra96
  • Like 2

On 2020-06-27 at 3:52 PM, Samhel said:

Bro if there will be no additional rewards or more resources or anything that's interesting for those players that don't need to bother with learning the game anymore then hard mode will abandoned as soon as everyone completed it because of the mastery rank points and that's it. Hard mode will be Abandoned mode soon after it launches because people will only use those builds that are prepared against high level enemies only once because there is no motivation. If your only motivation is to fight high level enemies then you're just wasting your time if you play one mission on hard mode more than once. Those players that are interested in a hard mode won't bother with it for statues and emotes and definitely won't exhaust themselves for the same reward scaling as normal mode has, so they're going to return to normal as soon as they got the MR and that's it. Abandoned mode. Welcome. 

Also those newer players or newbies probably don't need that much resources as higher level players do with for example Kuva or Void traces or like invasion resources possibly or anything. They also won't rush to it because they wouldn't last half as long as others and probably would die more than once or twice. Nobody forces them to rush to it if it gives better rewards, but no one will play it more than once if it doesn't. 

These are just facts. Thinking otherwise won't change them. 

Just because you draw some arbitrary and wrong conclusions and demand they be "facts" doesnt make it so.

None of what you say is right. Ofcourse newbies need more resources than vets. Vets have stockpiles and very little to spend it on. Newbies have to build weapons, frames, their railjack etc. If anyone is in need of resources its new players, not vets. That is a fact! 

Vets have been asking for this mode for the challenge, which by itself is its own reward. Thats not wasting time, its called having fun by doing something you enjoy doing. Now, some people need resources and rewards as incentive, some dont. Guess for whom hardmode is and always was intended? That is a fact! 

• Like 2