Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ANother "Hard Mode Is Doing It Wrong" Thread :(

Lutesque

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Intermediate players are going to do it just because they need more Endo, or because they want Condition Overload to drop

I can assure you that you needn't worry about that. "Intermediate" players will not enjoy Hardmode, Arbitrations offer more Endo than you will ever need, and having a hard time killing anything in exchange for a booster isn't the way to go.

Currently Hardmode offers nothing at all that would make me want to play it aside from improved enemies, and while this feedback was given to DE and they "will look into it", I strongly believe it will never be a desirable way to farm anything, for people not bored with sorties.

I just wanted to put in my "2 cents" on this topic.

I've played WARFRAME for a very long time, before the orbiter ship was a thing back when everything was a drop down menu. Back then CC was king! The best way to kill the enemies was to CC them so they weren't shooting you while then you could take them all out. Horde shooter and all. Thing is, back then the snipers didn't have a "light line" and they didn't miss. Every group of enemies was scary because for every 5 two of them headshot you. I think the enemies also had a kneeling fire animation as well. It was difficult to occomplish anything without Excalivur's ability to radial blind which at that time effected enemies through walls. There should be "records" of how WARFRAME was in it's early days, and the game was HARD.

Funny how nowadays, they'd just chalk it up to "oh the tenno just have more different mods so of course they're overpowered" i dare you DE to bring back the DOOM BOTS for hard mode. "Bullet Sponge Armor" not necessary. If Leage Of Legends can do it SO CAN YOU.

• Like 1

Nothing seems wrong from what I seen so far. Everything is optional, rewards, mastery and the harder trip down memory lane. DE is providing this to bored players who, like me, want to experience enemies outside the confines of the simulacrum.  Too soon to judge and I really don't believe any feedback unless I tried it my self. Most of it are based from solo runs abusing a single ability using mostly the same WF. 

7 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I feel the normal drop rate is good for normal

Other players might feel Differently... Which is another problem Hard mode doesnt Fix, RNG borks everyones Progression...

so even against level 185 Enemies we still cant have consistency

7 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah, because I thought you were a noob, as you said literally. If you don't need to be carried on arbis, you aren't a noob. Simple.

You are being Presumptuous Again...  Being Noob doesnt mean you cant do anything on your own. I mean thats kinda how Warframes like mesa Work... You dont need to understand much about how she actually works... shes an Aimbot, A noob can have alot of success this way. 

I myself have had decent Success using Booben is Arbitrations before I found out that his Damage can Scale, that his Tether's Synergise with Bastille and that Tesla Bank is actually good.... Naturally I got One Shotted eventually but I since I died only 3rd in a Group with Inaros, Revenant, Rhino and Oberon I think I did okay...

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Hard Mode hasn't even begun yet and newbies have had the same needs since the beginning. Nothing is being offered that they can't get. That argument makes no sense. How can people need something from it when it doesn't exist yet?

Then you dont know how hard it is for new players to get Endo...

2 hours ago, -SicMundusCreatusEst- said:

Hard mode is meant for veteran players who knows how to play this game.

Obviously... 

but then again thats what they said about Arbitrations... look how that turned out.

This mode is not going to offer anything else than the normal mode does (for now).

It does though.....

I'm sure that anyway people will complain for any kind of rewards that they are going to offer. 

Sounds to me like you are not actually listening to whats being complained about... Which is fine... You are at that point where all complaints, big and small just sound the same to you...

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I can assure you that you needn't worry about that. "Intermediate" players will not enjoy Hardmode, Arbitrations offer more Endo than you will ever need

I have aquired enough Vitus Essence and incomplete Primed Mods that say otherwise...

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

and having a hard time killing anything in exchange for a booster isn't the way to go.

And what are your other options ? we already have problems getting Drops with boosters and Optimized Farm Squads... Hard time or not this is what people are going to do.... because again... thats what they already do in Arbitrations...

11 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Nothing seems wrong from what I seen so far. Everything is optional, rewards, mastery and the harder trip down memory lane.

I ask you to please be more Careful with how you use this Phrase.

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I myself have had decent Success using Booben

Booben is Saryn, not wtf ever you are calling it.

And we all experienced that as new players. This mode isn't just to get endo. I mean the best endo source right now is arbitrations, and probably still will be after the update. So are we given newbies access to arbitrations? What changed? They were doing just find getting endo before. Besides, Newbies don't need endo that bad because they can't afford to fit any highly ranks mods in their builds. That comes later.

The point is, you'd be happy if the mode dropped absolutely nothing, I am guessing. You're just complaining to complain. No one will force you to participate, 

• Like 1

You are being Presumptuous Again...  Being Noob doesnt mean you cant do anything on your own. I mean thats kinda how Warframes like mesa Work... You dont need to understand much about how she actually works... shes an Aimbot, A noob can have alot of success this way. 

I myself have had decent Success using Booben is Arbitrations before I found out that his Damage can Scale, that his Tether's Synergise with Bastille and that Tesla Bank is actually good.... Naturally I got One Shotted eventually but I since I died only 3rd in a Group with Inaros, Revenant, Rhino and Oberon I think I did okay...

Noob: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/noob

A newbie, especially a person who is new to an online community and whose online participation and interactions display a lack of skill or knowledge.

Not understanding mechanics = Noob.

Not having the gear/mods = Noob

New player = Noob

A mesa cannot do anything on arbitrations with her 4 due the Arbitration Shield Ospreys that give immunity to warframe abilities tho.

Maybe you should use another word instead "noob" to fit your idea.

• Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=10948930

I am not reading all this block of text but going put it short.  If DE screw it up and nerfing more that aren't nessary or "overly reacting", I'll be playing my other game or playing that crummy game called fallout 76 because ppl say it got back trying being good.  At the time being it is always it is going be, just log in play for while and if it sux just leave just like this meme but it is a template.

Spoiler

Checking what DE brought and checking hardcore mode

2vkxph.jpg

Discover it sux as the player leave waiting for warframe to get good again.

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I ask you to please be more Careful with how you use this Phrase.

This test server showed nothing mandatory for us to get involve with it yet. Even mastery is spit upon by most players who don't care about MR. However, i will play this regardless of the rewards I have seen so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MageSkeleton said:

I've played WARFRAME for a very long time, before the orbiter ship was a thing back when everything was a drop down menu. Back then CC was king! The best way to kill the enemies was to CC them so they weren't shooting you while then you could take them all out. Horde shooter and all. Thing is, back then the snipers didn't have a "light line" and they didn't miss. Every group of enemies was scary because for every 5 two of them headshot you. I think the enemies also had a kneeling fire animation as well. It was difficult to occomplish anything without Excalivur's ability to radial blind which at that time effected enemies through walls. There should be "records" of how WARFRAME was in it's early days, and the game was HARD.

Funny how nowadays, they'd just chalk it up to "oh the tenno just have more different mods so of course they're overpowered" i dare you DE to bring back the DOOM BOTS for hard mode. "Bullet Sponge Armor" not necessary. If Leage Of Legends can do it SO CAN YOU.

That... just sounds annoying. To quote Hugo Martin, Creative Director of 2016's DOOM and DOOM Eternal, "Anyone can make a hard game, hitscan enemies and just a ton of damage... we wanna give you something to master, because the power fantasy that is earned is far more satisfying than the one that is just handed to you."

I don't particularly want bullet sponges to be the default going forward (For a challenge mode like Steel Path, fine, but not for 'regular' content), nor do I want hitscan aimbots, because you can't master that, it's not an interesting challenge where you're making interesting decisions. It's just numbers at the end of the day. I respect that Warframe used to be a stealth/action hybrid. I respect that combat against large groups wasn't really supposed to be your modus operandi - hence why enemies were so hyper lethal. But for better or worse, that is not the game we have today. And I absolutely want a fair challenge, but that fair challenge needs to be made for the game we have, not the game it was.

• Like 4

I mean, I would hope that they would take the fact that feedback is mixed into consideration and just...make a few tiers so that the lower tiers can satisfy the reward junkies and the higher tiers can satisfy the challenge seekers and they need not necessarily mix together and conflict.

They could even do it so that the default "hard mode" is just the +100 levels (which would be good for resource farming, field testing builds, and so on) and the sortie modifiers get mixed in for the extra challenge mode above it (which could have the one-time cosmetics but otherwise has no other bonuses).

Maybe I'm off-base in that line of thinking, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MageSkeleton said:

Bring back manics with slash procs I say.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Please... you know nothing of grind to get endo. It used to be called Fusion cores not endo and you farmed excavators on Heiracon for a chance to get 5 rare fusion cores on rotation B with each run taking about 6 - 7 mins. To put it in perspective 1 primed mod maxed required around 150 rare fusion cores. It also required 1.4 million credits and since we didn't have Index we did 20 waves of Akkad defense for about 60k credits at a time with Chroma's effigy.... 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Brozime sucks OP, take his summary with a grain of salt. Wait for the good players to play the mode and give their insights.

Why the disgusting attitude? Honestly, talking crap behind someones back is completely uncalled for. He actually doesn't suck, and is a pretty damn good skilled player. Take your BS elitism elsewhere. 

Edited by FragMaster_85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FragMaster_85 said:

Why the disgusting attitude? Honestly, talking crap behind someones back is completely uncalled for. He actually doesn't suck, and is a pretty damn skilled player. Take your BS elitism elsewhere. 

Thanks for your opinion. I am entitled to mine.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FragMaster_85 said:

Why the disgusting attitude? Honestly, talking crap behind someones back is completely uncalled for. He actually doesn't suck, and is a pretty damn good skilled player. Take your BS elitism elsewhere. 

When Brozime said Vay Hek has too much EHP and we have this

23 hours ago, ZetekP said:

I doubt the builds that people are going in with, for example, those people who have been timed out by veyhek, why can someone do it in 5 minutes?

https://youtu.be/RjC0DpWQG6Q

Your claim about Brozime being a pretty damn good player is debatable

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And yet despite your inability to translate or Interpret what I said... you decided to spit out a false accusation anyway... That, my fried, is what makes you Presumptuous.  I mean... what were you expecting ? how wuould react if someone claimed you were "Carried" ? Maybe you thought you were compleimenting me..

That fine... Some Engineers couldnt see the Problem with Filling a Ballon with Hydrogen as a form of Air Travel...

shooting-down-a-zeppelin-during-the-firs

Sometimes people miss things, I was hoping we could catch these issues before Hard Mode ships out to the rest of the players but, if it doesnt... oh well... I tried.

Dirigibles were used for a long time before the Hindenburg crashed. There were other crashes, but the Hindenburg was on camera/radio and pretty stunning to see/hear about.

Helium couldn't be used because it is something in limited amounts, which is still a problem to this day.

Engineers were definitely not the problem. 

• Like 1

Wow, based on Brozime and Ashinoggi Tenno's feedback... Revenant and his synergies are really going to shine bright.

EDIT: It's not only just +100 levels... it's double health, Sortie Enemy Augmented Shields+Enemy Augmented Armor and probably all the physical and elemental damage resistance/improvements. Like Enthrall and Reave are going to be so awesome, it's not even funny. Allies will not be able to kill Thralls so easily anymore. CC will be valuable again. Mesmer Skin will especially be awesome... the enemies hit very hard!

For Defense missions you'll need to team up with a Limbo (and the Limbo will probably need to team up with a tanky DPS frame)... maybe Frost's bubbles can't survive this level of a beating.

P.S. Neither of these guys mention Revenant... I'm extrapolating.

Edited by nslay

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Brozime sucks OP, take his summary with a grain of salt. Wait for the good players to play the mode and give their insights.

He may suck but the Sortie modifiers, double health and +100 levels is going to be a lot tougher. He's not the only youtuber/streamer talking like this. And the Archwing missions (and Jordas Golem) really scare me owing to the limited weapon options we have... so the Archwing enemies have all the same +100 levels, double health and Sortie modifiers! And Jordas Golem is already pretty tanky even with a heavily modded/formad Archwing weapon. I mean he's pretty easy and not too bad to kill with this stuff normally... but Enemy Augmented Armor, double health and +100 levels with what... 10 Archguns we can choose from? I guess Odonata will help a lot with the extra crit damage!

1 hour ago, FragMaster_85 said:

someone's cranky. 😉

I'm sure Brozime can handle some criticism, you don't have to protect him.

22 minutes ago, 844448 said:

When Brozime said Vay Hek has too much EHP and we have this

Not defending Brozime, but I'm seeing Vay Hek not dying in one or a few shots here. He's taking dozens and dozens of shots from a weapon that is dealing 10k+ per shot (after armor/damage reduction is considered!). That's both crazy and awesome!

EDIT: Look at this... that little butterfly drone Grineer toss is taking multiple hits from that Shedu without dying!

Spoiler

Edited by nslay

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

He may suck but the Sortie modifiers, double health and +100 levels is going to be a lot tougher. He's not the only youtuber/streamer talking like this. And the Archwing missions (and Jordas Golem) really scare me owing to the limited weapon options we have... so the Archwing enemies have all the same +100 levels, double health and Sortie modifiers! And Jordas Golem is already pretty tanky even with a heavily modded/formad Archwing weapon. I mean he's pretty easy and not too bad to kill with this stuff normally... but Enemy Augmented Armor, double health and +100 levels with what... 10 Archguns we can choose from? I guess Odonata will help a lot with the extra crit damage!

Well given that you're a clan mate my friend if you need a hand you can always jump in mission with me 🙂

I'm not honestly worried, if anything level 100 sortie bosses go down far too easily and there are many ways with which to increase damage, remove their defenses etc, I don't think it's going to be very difficult but I really hope that it is.

For AW concerns, Amesha makes Defense trivial, Interception is easy with Itzal, I mean what mission is actually going to be difficult?

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1